Skip to main content

Two sides of the same coin quotes

Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.
- Dwight D Eisenhower

Leonard's being up early constituted a new change in his sleeping patterns, was part of the former change in his sleeping patterns, or indicated a beneficial development. She didn't know if his perfectionism canceled out his loss of ambition, or if they were two sides of the same coin. When you stood between somebody you loved and death, it was hard to be awake and it was hard to sleep.
- Jeffrey Eugenides

Swords have been my life, not books. But every child knows that the Targaryens have always danced too close to madness. Your father was not the first. King Jaehaerys once told me that madness and greatness are two sides of the same coin. Every time a new Targaryen is born, he said, the gods toss the coin in the air and the world holds its breath to see how it will land.
- George R R Martin

You vote Democrat even if you vote Republican, because they're two sides of the same coin. So stop flipping that coin. The illusion of controlling the outcome of the coin toss is why we're all poorer.
- Jarod Kintz

I realized that my bliss and my heartbreak both point in the same direction. I follow my joy and my heartbreak simultaneously because they're two sides of the same coin.
- Steve Pavlina

There's a very fine line between pleasure and pain. They are two sides of the same coin, one not existing without the other.
- James E Rogers

If you exchange information internationally, you must strengthen data protection. Those are two sides of the same coin.
- Gijs De Vries

Success and failure are two edges of the same blade, two sides of the same coin. To fear one is to forever deny the possibility of the other.
- Michelle Sagara West

Fixing health care and fixing the economy are two sides of the same coin.
- Ron Wyden

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...