Skip to main content

Changing the world quotes

Everybody has a creative potential and from the moment you can express this creative potential, you can start changing the world.
- Paulo Coelho

Communism is a proposition to structure the world more reasonably, a proposition for changing the world. As such, we have to analyze it and, if we deem it reasonable, act upon it.
- Friedrich Durrenmatt

Progress should mean that we are always changing the world to fit the vision, instead we are always changing the vision.
- Gilbert K Chesterton

Changing the world is good for those who want their names in books. But being happy, that is for those who write their names in the lives of others, and hold the hearts of others as the treasure most dear.
- Orson Scott Card

Death without the possibility of ever changing the world is the same as a life that never was.
- Douglas Coupland

By doing something positive in this world, you're helping people and the future. We're all trying to help the world... make it a better place to live. We're actually still changing the world, aren't we?
- Rick Danko

When I was younger, I had big visions of changing the world.
- Rick Danko

[Life]It is what you make it. If you think you can't change the world, then go on and follow the path already carved out for you. But there are other roads to choose, they're just harder to trudge through. Changing the world is'nt easy, but I sure as hell am going to keep trying. Are you?
- Simone Elkeles

How lovely to think that no one need wait a moment, we can start now, start slowly changing the world! How lovely that everyone, great and small, can make their contribution toward introducing justice straightaway... And you can always, always give something, even if it is only kindness!
- Anne Frank

Man is capable of changing the world for the better if possible, and of changing himself for the better if necessary.
- Viktor E Frankl

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.
- Leo Tolstoy

If we behave like those on the other side, then we are the other side. Instead of changing the world, all we'll achieve is a reflection of the one we want to destroy.
- Jean Genet

I'm not going to say, I'm an actor and I'm changing the world. Who cares?
- Steve Guttenberg

I want to be able to talk about changing the world through your actions and being a generation that is aware and a force to be reckoned with - and at the same time be dancing.
- Taylor Hanson

There's some kind of actors that can radically change who they are from movie to movie. I've never really been that kind of actor. I enjoy changing the worlds that I'm in.
- Ethan Hawke

Instead of hating, I have chosen to forgive and spend all of my positive energy on changing the world.
- Camryn Manheim

Inasmuch as art preserves, with the promise of happiness, the memory of the goal that failed, it can enter, as a 'regulative idea,' the desperate struggle for changing the world. Against all fetishism of the productive forces, against the continued enslavement of individuals by the objective conditions (which remain those of domination), art represents the ultimate goal of all revolutions: the freedom and happiness of the individual.
- Herbert Marcuse

Thea! I was looking for you.
It was Eric's voice. Warm, eager-everything that Thea wasn't. She turned to see green eyes flecked with dancing gray and an astonishing smile. A smile that drew her in, changing the world.
Maybe everything was going to be all right, after all.
- L J Smith

Look, you've got a generation of people coming along who are going to form their own new relationship with the idea of supporting the causes that they care about or changing the world. And these people are not going to do it the way our parents do it.
- Edward Norton

If you're changing the world, you're working on important things. You're excited to get up in the morning.
- Larry Page

At heart we are all powerful, beautiful, and capable of changing the world with our bare hands.
- Dianne Sylvan

Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
- Elie Wiesel

The thing about changing the world... Once you do it, the world's all different.
- Joss Whedon

I'm encouraging young people to become social business entrepreneurs and contribute to the world, rather than just making money. Making money is no fun. Contributing to and changing the world is a lot more fun.
- Muhammad Yunus

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater