Skip to main content

Be Famous Quotes

But I don't feel the need to be famous.
- Jessica Alba

Thomas," Chess said, "if you don't want to be famous and have your stories heard, then why'd you start the band up?"
"I heard voices," Thomas said. "I guess I heard voices. I mean, I'm sort of a liar, enit? I like the attention. I want strangers to love me. I don't even know why. But I want all kids of strangers to love me."
The Indian horses screamed.
- Sherman Alexie

In the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.
- Andy Warhol

Everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.
- Andy Warhol

I'm bored with that line. I never use it anymore. My new line is "In 15 minutes everybody will be famous."
- Andy Warhol

Well, yeah. At a certain point, you've got to be really honest with yourself. Like, 'Why am I doing this? What are my motivations?' Like, if you get into it because you want to be famous? Then you've got a long row to hoe. But if you really feel like it's a labour of love and it's something you're actually legitimately good at, then it's not that hard to keep plugging away.
- Will Arnett

I never wanted to be famous.
- Dave Attell

Do you want to be famous?
No
There's something wrong with you, she says.
- Will Christopher Baer

The time of getting fame for your name on its own is over. Artwork that is only about wanting to be famous will never make you famous. Any fame is a by-product of making something that means something. You don't go to a restaurant and order a meal because you want to have a shit.
- Banksy

And we learned that you don't have to be famous or rich or physically healthy to be a leader. You just have to try to be a true person. We learned that helping other people brings out the good in everybody.
- Joan Bauer

To be famous, in fact, one has only to kill one's landlady.
- Albert Camus

I don't know if this is the kind of retrospective analysis that people are fond of applying to their work or actions, but it feels like I knew I was going to be famous and I knew that an element of that would be traumatic, so that if I could make myself something big and otherworldly, it would be a kind of defence.
- Russell Brand

When I started out, I didn't have any desire to be an actress or to learn how to act. I just wanted to be famous.
- Katharine Hepburn

Be famous. Be a big social experiment in getting what you don't want. Find value in what we've been taught is worthless. Find good in what the world says is evil. I'm giving you my life because I want the whole world to know you. I wish the whole world would embrace what it hates. Find what you're afraid of most and go live there.
- Chuck Palahniuk

But I didn't ask to have somebody nose around in my private life. I didn't even ask to be famous. All I asked was to be able to earn a living making people laugh.
- Carol Burnett

I never wanted to be famous. I only wanted to be great.
- Ray Charles

To be famous is to stand on a pedestal and give the world permission to tell you all your flaws.
- Chris Colfer

The whole 'American Idol' way of looking at things is the antithesis of what I grew up with. There are a whole lot of kids wanting to be famous now, whereas if I'd even mentioned that word to one of my teachers, I would have got into a whole load of trouble.
- Harry Connick Jr

I have never wanted to be famous, as such - fame is a by-product.
- Steve Coogan

I will not be "famous," "great." I will go on adventuring, changing, opening my mind and my eyes, refusing to be stamped and stereotyped. The thing is to free one's self: to let it find its dimensions, not be impeded.
- Virginia Woolf

I always regarded people who want fame with a lot of suspicion. Unless you have a product to sell, I don't know why anyone would want to be famous. I can't imagine what need that would fill.
- Jessica Cutler

The only difference between me and a famous writer is that I do not want to be famous.
- Santosh Kalwar

When I was 24, I was full of life. I was that ham who wanted to be famous, a movie star, all that stuff. I think it's cool. But it was not what I was searching for, really. It was more a delusion.
- Jean Claude Van Damme

I don't want to be famous. I want to be secure. I don't want the world. I just want a piece of it. I want people to remember Eric Davis.
- Eric Davis

I want to be famous but unknown!
- Edgar Degas

Don't make stuff because you want to make money, it will never make you enough money. And don't make stuff because you want to be famous, because you will never feel famous enough. Make gifts for people. And work hard on making those gifts in the hope that those people will notice, and like the gifts...Your responsibility is not to the people you are making the gift for, but to the gift itself.
- John Green

If drunk were cookies, I'd be Famous Amos
- John Green

I can't imagine wanting to be famous just for the sake of being famous. I think fame should come along with success, talent.
- Kat Dennings

I will either be famous or infamous.
- Otto Dix

Not everybody can be famous but everybody can be great because greatness is determined by service... You only need a heart full of grace and a soul generated by love.
- Martin Luther King Jr

My name's Jennifer Ellison and one day I'm going to be famous!
- Jennifer Ellison

Almost all of us have the hankering to be famous, to be important, to be admired, to stand out, but the assumption is you have to be different or better to get that. No. The best thing is to be famous, to be cuddled by the public, but to be like everyone else.
- Tibor Fischer

Nothing in life prepares you to be famous.
- Jeff Foxworthy

When I was a kid, the idea of why I wanted acting to be the thing I do for the rest of my life was different. It was, Oh yeah, I'll get girls and be famous.
- Edward Furlong

What I've learned is that you really don't need to be a celebrity or have money or have the paparazzi following you around to be famous.
- Lady Gaga

I don't like Los Angeles. The people are awful and terribly shallow, and everybody wants to be famous but nobody wants to play the game. I'm from New York. I will kill to get what I need.
- Lady Gaga

I've been making a list of the things they don't teach you at school. They don't teach you how to love somebody. They don't teach you how to be famous. They don't teach you how to be rich or how to be poor. They don't teach you how to walk away from someone you don't love any longer. They don't teach you how to know what's going on in someone else's mind. They don't teach you what to say to someone who's dying. They don't teach you anything worth knowing.
- Neil Gaiman

I wanted to be famous. I wanted people to talk about me.
- Haile Gebrselassie

If I wanted to be famous, I could have been famous before.
- David Gest

Celebrity culture, it's everywhere, isn't it? It's reality TV, Big Brother. I didn't become a footballer to be famous, I became a footballer to be successful. I didn't want to be famous. Now people want to be famous. Why? Why would you want people following you about all day?
- Ryan Giggs

I definitely wanted to be an actor. I didn't want to be on TV, I didn't want to be famous, I didn't want to be anyone in particular; I just wanted to do it. I see young people now who look at magazines, or American Idol and their goal is to have that lifestyle - to have good handbags, or go out with cute guys from shows, or whatever. But I definitely wanted to be an actor.
- Lauren Graham

I became an actor, and because I had success as an actor, I became famous. I was acting for quite a while before I got famous; television made me famous. I guess that it's television that is responsible for everybody's desire to be famous.
- Kelsey Grammer

Fame you'll be famous, as famous as can be, with everyone watching you win on TV, Except when they don't because sometimes they won't.
- Dr Seuss

If you want to be a rock star or just be famous, then run down the street naked, you'll make the news or something. But if you want music to be your livelihood, then play, play, play and play! And eventually you'll get to where you want to be.
- Eddie Van Halen

It's not a sport you get famous at. If I wanted to be famous, I would have stuck with hockey.
- Eric Heiden

I didn't get into skating to be famous.
- Eric Heiden

The fame thing is interesting because I never wanted to be famous, and I never dreamt I would be famous.
- J K Rowling

I'm never going to accomplish anything; that's perfectly clear to me. I'm never going to be famous. My name will never be writ large on the roster of Those Who Do Things. I don't do anything. Not one single thing. I used to bite my nails, but I don't even do that any more.
- Dorothy Parker

I certainly don't want a child of mine to be famous, or anyone I was very close to who isn't yet... It's the worst thing to be trapped in your house not be able to leave.
- Elizabeth Hurley

I didn't set out to be famous; if I'd wanted that, I would have gone on 'Big Brother.'
- Sam Worthington

I know it's a cliche but I never wanted to be famous. I don't believe anybody wants to be famous.
- Jeremy Renner

Going to New York to do whatever - show business - it just seemed fun. It seemed fun to go to the big city and meet all kinds of different people and maybe be famous. It was just exciting. So I wasn't scared.
- January Jones

There's more pressure to be famous for being yourself than if you're being a character.
- Kim Kardashian

These days there are a lot of people who just want to be famous. I think that comes from a naive place, because those people generally don't know what it's like.
- Catherine Keener

Some day I will be famous but for now I am stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons
- Jeff Kinney

I'll be famous one day, but for now I'm stuck in middle school with a bunch of morons. - Greg Heffley,
- Jeff Kinney

You can be famous for a lot of things. You can be a Nobel-prize winner. You can be the fattest guy in the world.
- Evel Knievel

My goal was not to be famous or rich but to be good at what I did. And that required going to New York and studying and working in the theater.
- Shirley Knight

We all want to be famous people, and the moment we want to be something we are no longer free.
- Jiddu Krishnamurti

It's not a matter of becoming a superstar. Fame and money aren't the purpose of all this. No actor's going to say, 'I don't want to be famous.' But the main purpose for doing what I'm doing is the passion in the work.
- Christopher Lambert

I get to meet fantastic people, and I get to go through so many emotions. For me, I have a craving for that. When I'm acting, I feel great. It's not to be famous.
- Christopher Parker

I don't want to be famous as a movie star and have the whole world love me, I want to be a creative actress.
- Juliette Lewis

I think there are a lot of people who really want to be famous, they really do. I don't. It sort of gets in the way of the everyday things that I do.
- Johnny Mathis

I didn't want to be famous. I just wanted to earn enough money to have a nice life and enjoy acting.
- David Mccallum

My goal and my career is definitely not to be famous. That's a really horrible goal, just to be famous for the sake of having fame.
- Joel Mchale

Odysseus inclines his head. "True. But fame is a strange thing. Some men gain glory after they die, while others fade. What is admired in one generation is abhorred in another." He spread his broad hands. "We cannot say who will survive the holocaust of memory. Who knows?" He smiles. "Perhaps one day even I will be famous. Perhaps more famous than you.
- Madeline Miller

A lot of people are like, 'So you want to be famous.' And I'm like, 'No, I want to be good at my craft. I don't care about fame, I don't care if I even ever make it. As long as people know what I am as an actress in this business, I'm set for my career right now.'
- Chloe Moretz

It's more important for me to feel content than to be famous.
- Samantha Morton

Hold on to that. You have an autograph. I'm going to be famous some day.
- Haywood Nelson

I've never had a desire to be famous. Lots of actors are actually extremely shy. I have shy areas.
- Jeremy Northam

I want to be famous in the way a pulley is famous,
or a buttonhole, not because it did anything spectacular,
but because it never forgot what it could do.

- Naomi Shihab Nye

A very quiet and tasteful way to be famous is to have a famous relative. Then you can not only be nothing, you can do nothing too.
- P J Orourke

I never wanted to be a celebrity; I never wanted to be famous. And in my daily life, I work really hard to not trade on it in any way.
- Sarah Jessica Parker

In opera, as with any performing art, to be in great demand and to command high fees you must be good of course, but you must also be famous. The two are different things.
- Luciano Pavarotti

I want to be famous everywhere.
- Luciano Pavarotti

When I was younger, I used to say, One day I'll be famous.
- Katie Price

I don't want to be famous famous. I'm happy on the second tier, where I have autonomy on a professional level but I can still go out to the movies without being recognized.
- Gabrielle Reece

I was brought up with psychics and tarot cards. My mum was always told I was going to be in a boy band and be famous as a singer.
- Lee Ryan

I didn't want kids to think that to be happy, they had to be famous or rich or live in the big city.
- Dan Savage

I'd probably be famous now if I wasn't such a good waitress.
- Jane Siberry

I had no desire to be famous; I just wanted to make the greatest music ever made. I didn't want anyone to know who I was.
- Robert Smith

No one can train you to be famous. How do you deal with the loss of anonymity, the loss of privacy? You have to be disciplined.
- Wesley Snipes

To be famous and broke is hard.
- David Spade

You don't have to be famous. You just have to make your mother and father proud of you.
- Meryl Streep

I think... girls have a hard time being interesting. It's actually easier to be famous, or notorious, than it is to be interesting. In our world, girls climb very well until they hit puberty-sexual maturity-and then they begin to fall out of the tree. They start role-playing instead of thinking, flirting instead of learning. They start admiring how smart the boys are-or how athletic or how handsome-instead of concentrating on their own intelligence.
- Sheri S Tepper

Fame is something I think happens as a result of trying to do good work. If you're trying to be famous, your work usually suffers.
- Justin Theroux

That anyone would want to be famous still mystified Colin. As TV had trained him to do, he associated the word with divorces and court appearances and rehab and jail time. He knew more than he wanted about all of those except rehab, and that was the one famous people blew off anyway.
- Harry Turtledove

I think it's real easy to be famous these days; it's not real easy to sustain success.
- Jerry Jeff Walker

We needed to become world-famous soon, while there was still that kind of world to be famous in..
- Scott Westerfeld

You've got certain guys that just want to be famous and then you've got the real musicians that just love playing music.
- Zakk Wylde

Just write. If you have to make a choice, if you say, 'Oh well, I'm going to put the writing away until my children are grown,' then you don't really want to be a writer. If you want to be a writer, you do your writing... if you don't do it, you probably don't want to be a writer, you just want to have written and be famouswhich is very different.
- Jane Yolen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Contact Quotes

If you must eat a banana in public, never make eye contact. - Darynda Jones I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them. "It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it. - Alexandra Adornetto The trick is not to make eye contact. They don't charge if you don't make eye contact. - Sarah Addison Allen I'm Emma. I'm here to make you see the meaning of your life. Her exalted words were totally conquered by her dragging tone and lack of eye contact. - Debra Anastasia I glanced at Derek. The boy wonder didn't melt into a pile of goo, although his gaze was glued to Rowena's chest. Avoiding eye contact. Good strategy. - Ilona Andrews So just look mean and don't make eye contact with anyone. (Syn) Gee, hon, you take m

I Did It My Way Quotes

And now, the end is near, And so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full. I've traveled each and every highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way. - Frank Sinatra You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. - Johnny Cash Every comedian dreams of hosting 'The Tonight Show' and, for seven months, I got to. I did it my way, with people I love, and I do not regret a second. - Conan Obrien It doesn't matter that I didn't win a trophy because I did it my way and I lived the dream. - Alan Shearer

Into The Wild Quotes

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. - Alan Alda The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. - Alan Alda And I'm going to tell the truth: I didn't like that Sean Penn movie Into the Wild so much. Yes! I know it was critically acclaimed. I know it won all these awards! It's very sad that a boy is dead and all. But I thought the movie Enchanted, with the singing princess and the chipmunk and the people dancing in Central Park, was cuter. So there! - Meg Cabot Communing with God is communing with our own hearts, our own best selves, not with something foreign and accidental. Saints and devotees have gone into the wilderness to find God; of course they took God with them, and the silence and detachment enabled them to hear the still, small