What is the worst thing about yourself that you like?
- Amit Abraham
Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself? You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!
- J R R Tolkien
Ask others about themselves, at the same time, be on guard not to talk too much about yourself.
- Mortimer Adler
....a good book can teach you about the world and about yourself. You learn more than how to read better; you also learn more about life. You become wiser. Not just more knowledgeable - books that provide nothing but information can produce that result. But wiser, in the sense that you are more deeply aware of the great and enduring truths of human life.
- Mortimer Adler
Sometimes you feel bad about yourself when there's no reason to.
- Alvin Ailey
The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature. You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up.
- Mitch Albom
When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those
you love.
- Mitch Albom
It's funny. I met a man once who did a lot of mountain climbing. I asked him which was harder, ascending or descending? He said without a doubt descending, because ascending you were so focused on reaching the top, you avoided mistakes.
The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature," he said. "You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up.
- Mitch Albom
When you care more if someone else lives than you do about yourself- is that what [love is]?
- Jodi Picoult
Your ego is everything man about yourself
- Jeremy Aldana
But I think it has to do with what you believe about yourself. If you believe you're damned, then you are. But if you don't...
- Cassandra Clare
They all have always loved you, Will Herondale, for you cannot hide what is good about yourself, however hard you try.
- Cassandra Clare
Oh, good. You're starting to talk about yourself in the third person. That's not a sign of impending megalomania or anything.
- Cassandra Clare
You make some big grandoise decision about what you need to do, or who you need to be, and then circumstances arise that immediately reveal to you how little you understood about yourself.
- Elizabeth Gilbert
No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
- Barbara De Angelis
Once you figure out who you are and what you love about yourself, I think it all kinda falls into place.
- Jennifer Aniston
There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself - an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.
- Antisthenes
I don't have any formula for ousting a dictator or building democracy. All I can suggest is to forget about yourself and just think of your people. It's always the people who make things happen.
- Corazon Aquino
Tell me about yourself - your struggles, your dreams, your telephone number.
- Peter Arno
I sometimes find that in interviews you learn more about yourself than the person learned about you.
- William Shatner
You can feel better about yourself in a very short period of time depending on the kind of magic that you are doing.
- David Copperfield
There was so much in you that charmed me that I felt I must tell you something about yourself. I thought how tragic it would be if you were wasted.
- Oscar Wilde
We need to have a culture that says 'the less energy you can use to be comfortable, the better off you are and the better you should feel about yourself'.
- Roscoe Bartlett
I find that once you start helping others, it makes you feel better about yourself. It helps you figure out what you want to do with your own life.
- Lance Bass
You can make yourself feel better about yourself if you project your shadow side, if you project your own potential for evil onto someone else. By annihilating them and, therefore, your shadow, you bring yourself into some state of purity or reformation.
- Jennifer Beals
The time it takes to feel better about a breakup is directly proportional to the time it takes to feel better about yourself.
- Greg Behrendt
Mrs. Cadbury: Tell me what you know about yourself.
Anne Shirley: Well, it really isn't worth telling, Mrs. Cadbury... but if you let me tell you what I IMAGINE about myself you'd find it a lot more interesting.
- L M Montgomery
One of my favorite tools is 'flip it.' 'Flip it' can become your new favorite mantra when you are having one of those mean thoughts. You can choose to flip it and change how you are feeling about yourself in that moment. This is helpful at any age.
- Elizabeth Berkley
When you're watching the news, how many days in a row can you watch that and feel good about yourself and the world?
- Sandra Bernhard
I've realized that I'm more important than food is. I love a big slice of pizza, but I love myself more. Being thin is about changing the way you think about yourself. It's about saying that you deserve to be healthy.
- Valerie Bertinelli
Wanna know the truth about yourself and this universe?
Just learn to understand your DNA code then you'll see.
- Toba Beta
Sometimes it's the toughest moments that you learn the most about yourself, and the more you know yourself, the less you are willing to give away.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt
It's not so much what you learn about Mumbai, it's what you learn about yourself, really. It's a funny old hippie thing, but it's true as well. You find out a lot about yourself and your tolerance, and about your inclusiveness.
- Danny Boyle
I recognize that I have the ability to be selfish, but I also recognize that you can't be happy if you only care about yourself at the expense of other people.
- Russell Brand
Lena wished that love were something you could flip on and off. You could turn it on when you felt good about yourself and worthy of it and generous enough to return it. You could flip it off when you needed to hide or self-destruct ad had nothing at all to give.
- Ann Brashares
If I haven't found out who I am until the end of my life...because I am afraid/ashamed of it, then I would have just pretended to live. Initmacy really means to find something out about yourself that is deep inside.
- Catherine Breillat
Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.
- Andre Breton
When you chase a dream, you learn about yourself. You learn your capabilities and limitations, and the value of hard work and persistence.
- Nicholas Sparks
I will say, as a woman, when you put a mustache on, you find out a lot of things about yourself.
- Carrie Brownstein
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.
- Lois Mcmaster Bujold
I guess we all can't help peeking at our own imperfections, just like we can't help scratching a scab that keeps itching. When those imperfections are pasted across your face like that, exaggerated and magnified, it's hard to find all those good thoughts you have about yourself. If you believe those distorted reflections too deeply, you'll never get out of the maze.
- Neal Shusterman
You only ask people about themselves so you can tell them about yourself.
- Chuck Palahniuk
How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?
- Chuck Palahniuk
Beauty is finding the right fit, the natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself. Avoid trying to be someone you're not.
- Rick Riordan
Beauty is about finding the right fit, the most natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself avoid trying to be someone you're not.
- Rick Riordan
But beauty is about finding the right fit, the most natural fit, To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself --- avoid trying to be something you're not. For a goddess, that's especially hard. We can change so easily.
-Aphrodite
- Rick Riordan
It's good for everyone to understand that they are to love their enemies, simply because your enemies show you things about yourself you need to change. So in actuality enemies are friends in reverse.
- Gary Busey
I had friends but I was spending a great deal of my time alone and for me that was vital because there's an awful lot you learn about yourself when you're alone.
- Kate Bush
I think its important to keep an element of fear about yourself because it makes you appreciate the jobs.
- Rose Byrne
Love is finding that the things you like best about yourself are not in you at all, but in the person who completes you
- Orson Scott Card
If you won't talk about yourself, at least compliment the audience. Just keep turning it back around, all right. Gush.
- Suzanne Collins
To pick up the paper and read about yourself getting slammed, that doesn't start your day off right.
- Steve Carlton
Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I'm tired of making other people feel good about themselves.
- Dan Castellaneta
Music can help you through any kind of emotion. It can help you through a break-up, make you dance, or help you realize or understand something about yourself... and if I can sing a song and make someone feel those things then I will feel like I have made a difference.
- Hollie Cavanagh
When you try to talk about yourself, you dont know who you are, or what your like, or what your like to other people. And the moment you do it's a formula for yourself, and then you're imitating yourself, and then nobody likes you and they dont know why.
- Carol Channing
There is a stage you reach, Deagle thinks, a time somewhere in early middle age, when your past ceases to be about yourself. Your connection to your former life is like a dream or delirium, and that person who you once were is merely a fond acquaintance, or a beloved character from a storybook. This is how memory becomes nostalgia. They are two very different things - the same way that a person is different from a photograph of a person.
- Dan Chaon
Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave.
- Wilson Mizner
When you stop thinking about yourself all the time, a certain sense of repose overtakes you.
- Leonard Cohen
Know this. I think you could be special if you only thought there was anything special about yourself.
- Pat Conroy
I am worth some study, if for no one else but myself. I hope that you feel likewise... even if only about yourself.
- David J Cook
Talk about yourself as much as you like, but do not expect others to listen.
- Mason Cooley
Just tell me one more personal thing about yourself. I'm much more comfortable with Gabe than I am with Force."
"Force equals mass times acceleration," he said.
- Olivia Cunning
If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
- Virginia Woolf
You don't have to listen to those mean girls. They're just there to make you upset and make you feel bad about yourself. And you know, inside, they feel bad about themselves too. But they don't wanna admit it to anybody.
- Amanda Seyfried
Feeling good about yourself is not the same thing as doing good. Good policy is more important than good feelings.
- Theodore Dalrymple
You have to attempt to be objective about yourself.
- Charles Dance
In the ensuing silence, I have time to contemplate the word cute how dismissive it is, how it's the equivalent of calling someone little, how it makes a person into a baby, how the word is a neon sign burning through the dark reading, Feel Bad About Yourself.
- John Green
Traveling, I am finding, teaches you a lot of things about yourself. For instance, I never thought myself to be the kind of person who pees into a mostly empty bottle of Bluefin energy drink while driving through South Carolina at seventy-seven miles per hour - but in face I am that kind of person.
- John Green
Because anyone that can make you feel that bad about yourself is toxic.
- Sarah Dessen
History is a Rorschach test, people. What you see when you look at it tells you as much about yourself as it does about the past.
- Jennifer Donnelly
And in fact you're not like everyone else: you weren't ashamed just now to confess bad and even ridiculous things about yourself. Who would confess such things nowadays? No one, and people have even stopped feeling any need for self-judgment.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
DESTINY is a feeling you have that you know something about yourself nobody else does. The picture you have in your own mind of what you're about WILL COME TRUE. It's a kind of a thing you kind of have to keep to your own self, because it's a fragile feeling, and you put it out there, then someone will kill it. It's best to keep that all inside.
- Bob Dylan
They [dogs] never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.
- Jerome K Jerome
Be authentic to your dreams. Be authentic to your own idea about yourself. Grind away at your own minds and bodies until you become your own invention. Be Mad Scientists.
- Warren Ellis
Writing music on your own makes you think a lot about your life. Who are you? Would you change anything about yourself? This is where it comes from.
- Enya
Find out what you don't want to know about yourself, what you're afraid of.
- Linda Evans
If you're an actor, there's going to be a sense of fantasy about yourself, especially in the celebrity world we live in today. You give the illusion of being in control, sexy, at ease, with never a difficult moment. Those are the basic lies that all celebrities tell. For me, they're the more dangerous lies to come to terms with.
- Rupert Everett
I'm not going to lie, there are more interesting ways to spend your time than answering questions about yourself. But if there were no questions to ask me, I might have a beef with that.
- Colin Farrell
Real change isn't found in some new way to think about yourself, but in freedom from the need to think about yourself at all.
- Guy Finley
That's going to be your trouble judgment about yourself.
(Tender is the Night)
- F Scott Fitzgerald
What was it? Why won't you tell me?"
"I don't want to break down your illusions."
"My dear man, I have no illusions about you."
"I mean illusions about yourself.
- F Scott Fitzgerald
When I speak to you about myself, I'm speaking to you about yourself. How is it that you don't see that?
- Victor Hugo
Is this why you think you are chosen by God, because only you can understand the funnies that you make about yourself?
- Jonathan Safran Foer
What you discovered about yourself in raising children wasn't always agreeable or attractive.
- Jonathan Franzen
There was something almost tasty and almost sexy in letting the annoying boy be punished by her husband. In standing blamelessly aside while the boy suffered for having hurt her.
What you discovered about yourself in raising children wasn't always agreeable or attractive.
- Jonathan Franzen
Now that you're a Skinny Bitch, don't turn into a skinny bitch. We conceived of the title, Skinny Bitch, to get attention and sell books.... But we are not bitches, and we have no desire to promote bitchiness. There is nothing uglier than a pretty woman who's nasty. If you look great, you should feel good about yourself and be happy.
- Rory Freedman
To say something nice about yourself, this is the hardest thing in the world for people to do. They'd rather take their clothes off.
- Nancy Friday
To know nothing about yourself is to be constantly in danger of nothingness, those voids of non-being over which a man walks the tightrope of his life.
- Athol Fugard
You know, Joey, the medication has helped settle you down, but you have been a good kid all along. You are naturally good. I hope you know that about yourself. You have a good heart.
- Jack Gantos
Being a Hot Mom means being respected as a mom and a woman. And, the key to being a Hot Mom is having a sense of humor about yourself and all the crazy situations that arise.
- Jami Gertz
People tend to focus on the things that they don't like about themselves. While that's important for change, it's equally important to focus on what they love about themselves. For every one thing you dislike about yourself, think of five things you like about yourself. It's a balancing act.
- Tom Giaquinto
If you care about yourself, you should care about learning - even learning simple things. You come to have pride in yourself only by accomplishing things, even from fixing some old stairs...Others can't grant you self-respect, even others who care about you. You have to earn self-respect yourself.
- Terry Goodkind
To this day, I don't like people walking on stage not looking good. You have to look good. If you feel special about yourself then you're going to play special.
- Benny Goodman
Gareth's eyes slipped open. "You make me nervous when you do that."
"Do what?"
"Brood. Your brooding is rather loud."
"Oh please. I was hardly"
His eyebrow rose.
"Fine. I was brooding. It's not like you don't."
"Mine is inherent to my romantic nature. Cloaks and castles."
Adele threw up her hands. "That's it. You are forbidden to look at any more cheap books about yourself.
- Clay Griffith
If you're open to it, New Orleans will teach you about yourself, but if you want to hide from who you really are, the city will help you do that, too.
- Laurell K Hamilton
You just want to keep me on this hook, right? So I'll keep chasing after you and you can feel good about yourself. As soon as I start to get over you, you just reel me back in. You're so screwed up in the head. But I'm telling you, this is it. You don't get to have me anymore. Not as your friend or your admirer or anything. I'm through.
- Jenny Han
Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets.
- Henry A Kissinger
As a young man... you don't know anything about yourself. And add on to that, you're on the cover of magazines. People are interviewing you about what you think. You feel like a real phony.
- Ethan Hawke
I'm hideous"
"You could never be hideous"
"Forget it" I wanted this conversation over.
"I can't forget it," Gran said, not giving up so easily. "I don't like to hear you talk about yourself that way. Your scars do not define you, young lady. Your action do.
- Cambria Hebert
...if your friend knows you at all, she is being rude by pressuring you to do something that is bad for you. Yes, bad for you. Engaging in a painful activity that leaves you feeling crummy about yourself is self-destructive. But your friend is probably not a jerkyou wouldn't have chosen her for a friend if she were. She's just following the social rules. And you may be following them too.
- Laurie Helgoe
I know that sounds selfish, but you have to look at what it's doing to you personally - are you frustrated because of the way people perceive you, or are you happy enough about the things you've realized about yourself that you can tolerate the way people perceive you?
- Shannon Hoon
Think about a night like that often enough, you'll ask yourself a lot of questions. Most of them about yourself. The kind of person you are. What you'll do and why and when you'll do it. What you believe in. What you really believe in.
- Charlie Huston
I never had one beer. If I bought a six-pack of beer, I kept drinking till all six beers were gone. You have to have that kind of understanding about yourself. I haven't had a drink now in 12 years.
- Samuel L Jackson
I didn't write this piece to attract a potential mate, as the title might lead a reader to believe. That said, I like long walks on the beach, cuddling by the fire, and watching silent movies at full volume and then screaming into the phone when anybody calls. If interested, please send a brief e-mail to jarodkintz@jarodkintz.com telling a little about yourself, and why you think I'm perfect for you.
- Jarod Kintz
The trouble with writing a book about yourself is that you can't fool around. If you write about someone else, you can stretch the truth from here to Finland. If you write about yourself the slightest deviation makes you realize instantly that there may be honor among thieves, but you are just a dirty liar.
- Groucho Marx
You can know all there is to know about life and mankind, but what do you really know about yourself?
- Yasmina Khadra
The thing you hate about yourself tends to be the thing that everyone likes about you.
- Nicole Kidman
Tell me about yourself, Miss Russel."
I started to give him the obligatory response, first the demurral and then the reluctant flat autobiography, but some slight air of polite inattention in his manner stopped me. Instead, I found myself grinning at him.
"Why don't you tell me about myself, Mr. Holmes?
- Laurie R King
There's nothing worse than talking about yourself to find out that you're not that interesting.
- Sean Kinney
Falling hard for somebody makes you do things you never thought you'd do before. Like pulling off an A in History or finally facing the truth about yourself
- Steve Kluger
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
- Evel Knievel
It's an interesting thing when you discover something about yourself. To go: 'Wow, I'm not the person I thought I was. I'm in the middle of something and I can't actually deal with it.'
- Keira Knightley
Surely the whole point of writing your own life story is to be as honest as you possibly can, revealing everything about yourself that is most private and probably most interesting for that very reason.
- Judith Krantz
One of the things I love about acting is that it reveals a certain something about yourself, but it doesn't reveal your own personal story.
- Jessica Lange
If you don't like something about yourself, change it. If you're OK with it, you gotta own it. There's nothing in between.
- Lori Lansens
You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess.
- Heath Ledger
When you are suffering, you become more understanding about yourself, but also about other people's sufferings too. That's the first step to understand somebody is to understand their sufferings. So then love follows.
- Yoko Ono
It's hard to talk about yourself.
- Sugar Ray Leonard
It is better to forget about yourself altogether.
- C S Lewis
The real test of being in the presence of God is, that you either forget about yourself altogether or see yourself as a small, dirty object.
- C S Lewis
Be sure what you want and be sure about yourself. Fashion is not just beauty, it's about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong.
- Adriana Lima
It's the endlessly thinking about yourself that causes such heart shame.
- Gregory Maguire
Jesus says. "Acknowledge and accept who I want to be for you: a Savior of boundless compassion, infinite patience, unbearable forgiveness, and love that keeps no score of wrongs. Quit projecting onto Me your own feelings about yourself. At this moment your life is a bruised reed and I will not crush it, a smoldering wick and I will not quench it. You are in a safe place."
Brennan Manning. Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging
- Brennan Manning
Real freedom is freedom from the opinions of others. Above all, freedom from your opinions about yourself.
- Brennan Manning
Conversely, beware the man who does nothing but ask you questions about yourself and offers no information about himself. Not only is he keeping you at bay, he is probably not listening to your answers.
- Merrill Markoe
Beware the man who doesn't ask you any questions about yourself on your first date.
- Merrill Markoe
I remember Robyn saying once 'Talking about yourself can be selfish or generous'. When I asked what she meant, she said: 'If you never talk about yourself, about your problems and stuff, that's selfish, because you're not giving your friends a chance to help you. And if you talk about yourself all the time, you're selfish and boring.
- John Marsden
Mr. Lindell's English classes are meant to make you think I guess about yourself and people and everything. Some of the kids say it's pretty weird but they're more honest in English than they are anywhere else and they say more about what they feel...Everything that's said in English etches itself clearly and sharply in my mind like letters carved neatly into deep frost. But I never let them see how eagerly I listen.
- John Marsden
When you do interviews, you have to talk about yourself - and I like to find out about other people. I am so familiar with everything that I do. I've said it over and over again. I think it is boring.
- Johnny Mathis
Finally, you had to measure yourself by other people - there really was nothing else. every now and then, quite unintentionally, someone taught you something about yourself.
- Ian Mcewan
If you're a kid who's not necessarily attractive, and you don't have money, and you're not hip and cool, chances are you're not going to feel good about yourself and want to be an actor.
- Jim Mckay
The way I become friends with somebody is a slow process. You can't just spill your guts and tell them everything about yourself and expect them to listen and understand you because you don't know them. It's the same thing with a relationship.
- Leighton Meester
But perhaps this is all to the good. Perhaps it's best to live with the possibility that around any corner, at any time, may come the person who reminds you of your own capacity to surprise yourself, to put at risk everything that's dear to you. Who reminds you of the distances we have to bridge to begin to know anything about one another. Who reminds you that what seems to beeven about yourselfmay not be. That like him, you need to be forgiven.
- Sue Miller
Life has three rules: Paradox, Humor, and Change.
- Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste your time trying to figure it out.
- Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
- Change: Know that nothing ever stays the same.
- Dan Millman
Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.
- Alan Moore
I was just an average bloke. It was the media that tried to transform me into a heroic figure. But I've learned through the years, as long as you don't believe all that rubbish about yourself, you can't come to too much harm.' - Sir Edmund Hillary
- Greg Mortenson
But I have to grow out of it, because it's very boring, really. Even when you're telling people how crap you are, you're still banging on about yourself.
- Emily Mortimer
When you wake up from a dream you have only a few precious moments before the details of the dream begin to dissipate and the memory fades.
Not all dreams are significant or worth remembering.
But the ones that are... happen again.
So, wait for the dream to return. And never be afraid. Instead, consider it an opportunity to learn something profound and possibly wondrous about yourself.
- Vera Nazarian
Knowing is the most profound kind of love, giving someone the gift of knowledge about yourself.
- Marsha Norman
Personal law is simply the thought that controls your mind and your life more than any other thought. Finding that thought is the most valuable knowledge that you can have about yourself. It is like the leverage on personal change. It enables you to change very efficiently.
- Leonard Orr
Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed--
borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.
- Osho
You can take pride in yourself without comparing yourself to anybody else. If you run your race and be the best that you can be, then you can feel good about yourself.
- Joel Osteen
If you try to breastfeed and it's not working, then you don't feel particularly good about yourself.
- Denise Van Outen
Your beliefs about reality become your beliefs about yourself.
- Steve Pavlina
To know nothing about yourself is to live. To know yourself badly is to think.
- Fernando Pessoa
In my old age I've come to find that if you respect other people, you feel better about yourself.
- Bijou Phillips
When you're tan, you feel better about yourself.
- Nicole Polizzi
People go tanning because they like to feel tan. You feel more sexy when you're tan and I don't understand why you would tax on that, because you're making yourself feel more happy about yourself.
- Nicole Polizzi
You have to assert something about yourself in order to be yourself.
- Dennis Potter
You know everything and you know nothing...
And in that there's this: You will always learn something new. About him. About her. About yourself. And in learning the bad, the uncomfortable, the messy- it's what you take away that counts. What will you do with that knowledge? Will you leave? Pull tighter? Ignore it? Use it to fall in love even deeper? That's when you learn more about yourself.
- Pamela Ribon
One of the reasons why we crave love, and seek it so desperately, is that love is the only cure for loneliness, and shame, and sorrow. But some feelings sink so deep into the heart that only loneliness can help you find them again. Some truths about yourself are so painful that only shame can help you live with them. And some things are just so sad that only your soul can do the crying for you.
- Gregory David Roberts
No man is brave that has never walked a hundred miles. If you want to know the truth of who you are, walk until not a person knows your name. Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass. A long stretch of road will teach you more about yourself than a hundred years of quiet.
- Patrick Rothfuss
If a great outfit gets you one step closer to feeling good about yourself, then it's worth every penny.
- Rachel Roy
Positive feelings come from being honest about yourself and accepting your personality, and physical characteristics, warts and all; and, from belonging to a family that accepts you without question.
- Willard Scott
This business of 'kidding yourself' worries me. I don't even know how much self-deception I'm involved in. It's hard to get down to the truth about yourself. Any time I feel like I'm finally being honest with myself I wonder if there's some deeper truth I'm shying away from. It amazes me how I can know something and avoid it at the same time.
- Seth
When your ideas about yourself change, so does your experience.
- Seth
Sometimes you can know things. Things about yourself. Things from before you can remember.
- Diane Setterfield
Reading's not a luxury, art's not a luxury. It's about your soul, and it's about yourself. And if reading is a luxury, being human is a luxury
- Jeanette Winterson
I think now that being free is not being powerful or rich or well regarded or without obligation but being able to love. To love someone else enough to forget about yourself even for one moment is to be free.
- Jeanette Winterson
Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.
- Gene Simmons
It's like a dream come true. When somebody is paying you to talk about yourself, you've won.
- Kevin Smith
Having a child makes you strong and gives you chutzpah. It relaxed my attitude to the job; my center of focus shifted, which I think is very helpful, because even if you're not a very indulgent actor you spend a lot of time thinking about yourself. I don't think that is particularly healthy.
- Imelda Staunton
Don't surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn't true anymore.
- Cheryl Strayed
You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love.
- Cheryl Strayed
You have to say I am forgiven again and again until it becomes the story you believe about yourself.
- Cheryl Strayed
Preparing food is not just about yourself and others. It is about everything!
- Shunryu Suzuki
Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
- Brian Tracy
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They're what make the instrument stretch-what make you go beyond the norm.
- Cicely Tyson
Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.
- Johnny Unitas
There is a difference between conceit and confidence. Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.
- Johnny Unitas
As you get older, you're always maturing, you're always learning something new about yourself.
- Troy Vincent
Once you go inside and weed through the muck, you will find the real beauty, the truth about yourself.
- Lindsay Wagner
If you see a blatant error or misconception about yourself, you really want to set it straight.
- Jimmy Wales
Whatever you get paid attention for is never what you think is most important about yourself.
- David Foster Wallace
Start telling the truth now and never stop. Begin by telling the truth to yourself about yourself. Then tell the truth to yourself about someone else. Then tell the truth about yourself to another. Then tell the truth about another to that other. Finally, tell the truth to everyone about everything. These are the 5 levels of truth telling. This is the five-fold path to freedom.
- Neale Donald Walsch
There was a time in the marriage when I could no longer look at myself in a mirror, couldn't feel I was a nice person. A bad relationship can do that, can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.
- Dionne Warwick
Is there anyone's life story you don't want to know?"
"Not really." His expression was unexpectedly serious. "Because people make a story of their lives.
Gains, losses, tragedy and triumphyou can tell a lot about someone simply by what they put into each
category. You can learn a lot about what you put into each category by your reaction to them. They
teach you about yourself without ever intending to do itand they teach you a lot about life.
- Michelle Sagara West
To be always thinking about your manners is not the way to make them good; the very perfection of manners is not to think about yourself.
- Richard Whately
You feel better about yourself when you do something with yourself. You also feel more confident.
- Caroline Wozniacki
I don't want to sell myself short. You hurt your spouse, not so much by the infidelity, but by the negative feelings about yourself that you bring home.
- Michael Zaslow
- Amit Abraham
Surely you don't disbelieve the prophecies, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself? You don't really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!
- J R R Tolkien
Ask others about themselves, at the same time, be on guard not to talk too much about yourself.
- Mortimer Adler
....a good book can teach you about the world and about yourself. You learn more than how to read better; you also learn more about life. You become wiser. Not just more knowledgeable - books that provide nothing but information can produce that result. But wiser, in the sense that you are more deeply aware of the great and enduring truths of human life.
- Mortimer Adler
Sometimes you feel bad about yourself when there's no reason to.
- Alvin Ailey
The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature. You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up.
- Mitch Albom
When you're rotten about yourself, you become rotten to everyone else, even those
you love.
- Mitch Albom
It's funny. I met a man once who did a lot of mountain climbing. I asked him which was harder, ascending or descending? He said without a doubt descending, because ascending you were so focused on reaching the top, you avoided mistakes.
The backside of a mountain is a fight against human nature," he said. "You have to care as much about yourself on the way down as you did on the way up.
- Mitch Albom
When you care more if someone else lives than you do about yourself- is that what [love is]?
- Jodi Picoult
Your ego is everything man about yourself
- Jeremy Aldana
But I think it has to do with what you believe about yourself. If you believe you're damned, then you are. But if you don't...
- Cassandra Clare
They all have always loved you, Will Herondale, for you cannot hide what is good about yourself, however hard you try.
- Cassandra Clare
Oh, good. You're starting to talk about yourself in the third person. That's not a sign of impending megalomania or anything.
- Cassandra Clare
You make some big grandoise decision about what you need to do, or who you need to be, and then circumstances arise that immediately reveal to you how little you understood about yourself.
- Elizabeth Gilbert
No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.
- Barbara De Angelis
Once you figure out who you are and what you love about yourself, I think it all kinda falls into place.
- Jennifer Aniston
There are only two people who can tell you the truth about yourself - an enemy who has lost his temper and a friend who loves you dearly.
- Antisthenes
I don't have any formula for ousting a dictator or building democracy. All I can suggest is to forget about yourself and just think of your people. It's always the people who make things happen.
- Corazon Aquino
Tell me about yourself - your struggles, your dreams, your telephone number.
- Peter Arno
I sometimes find that in interviews you learn more about yourself than the person learned about you.
- William Shatner
You can feel better about yourself in a very short period of time depending on the kind of magic that you are doing.
- David Copperfield
There was so much in you that charmed me that I felt I must tell you something about yourself. I thought how tragic it would be if you were wasted.
- Oscar Wilde
We need to have a culture that says 'the less energy you can use to be comfortable, the better off you are and the better you should feel about yourself'.
- Roscoe Bartlett
I find that once you start helping others, it makes you feel better about yourself. It helps you figure out what you want to do with your own life.
- Lance Bass
You can make yourself feel better about yourself if you project your shadow side, if you project your own potential for evil onto someone else. By annihilating them and, therefore, your shadow, you bring yourself into some state of purity or reformation.
- Jennifer Beals
The time it takes to feel better about a breakup is directly proportional to the time it takes to feel better about yourself.
- Greg Behrendt
Mrs. Cadbury: Tell me what you know about yourself.
Anne Shirley: Well, it really isn't worth telling, Mrs. Cadbury... but if you let me tell you what I IMAGINE about myself you'd find it a lot more interesting.
- L M Montgomery
One of my favorite tools is 'flip it.' 'Flip it' can become your new favorite mantra when you are having one of those mean thoughts. You can choose to flip it and change how you are feeling about yourself in that moment. This is helpful at any age.
- Elizabeth Berkley
When you're watching the news, how many days in a row can you watch that and feel good about yourself and the world?
- Sandra Bernhard
I've realized that I'm more important than food is. I love a big slice of pizza, but I love myself more. Being thin is about changing the way you think about yourself. It's about saying that you deserve to be healthy.
- Valerie Bertinelli
Wanna know the truth about yourself and this universe?
Just learn to understand your DNA code then you'll see.
- Toba Beta
Sometimes it's the toughest moments that you learn the most about yourself, and the more you know yourself, the less you are willing to give away.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt
It's not so much what you learn about Mumbai, it's what you learn about yourself, really. It's a funny old hippie thing, but it's true as well. You find out a lot about yourself and your tolerance, and about your inclusiveness.
- Danny Boyle
I recognize that I have the ability to be selfish, but I also recognize that you can't be happy if you only care about yourself at the expense of other people.
- Russell Brand
Lena wished that love were something you could flip on and off. You could turn it on when you felt good about yourself and worthy of it and generous enough to return it. You could flip it off when you needed to hide or self-destruct ad had nothing at all to give.
- Ann Brashares
If I haven't found out who I am until the end of my life...because I am afraid/ashamed of it, then I would have just pretended to live. Initmacy really means to find something out about yourself that is deep inside.
- Catherine Breillat
Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.
- Andre Breton
When you chase a dream, you learn about yourself. You learn your capabilities and limitations, and the value of hard work and persistence.
- Nicholas Sparks
I will say, as a woman, when you put a mustache on, you find out a lot of things about yourself.
- Carrie Brownstein
Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself.
- Lois Mcmaster Bujold
I guess we all can't help peeking at our own imperfections, just like we can't help scratching a scab that keeps itching. When those imperfections are pasted across your face like that, exaggerated and magnified, it's hard to find all those good thoughts you have about yourself. If you believe those distorted reflections too deeply, you'll never get out of the maze.
- Neal Shusterman
You only ask people about themselves so you can tell them about yourself.
- Chuck Palahniuk
How much can you know about yourself if you've never been in a fight?
- Chuck Palahniuk
Beauty is finding the right fit, the natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself. Avoid trying to be someone you're not.
- Rick Riordan
Beauty is about finding the right fit, the most natural fit. To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself avoid trying to be someone you're not.
- Rick Riordan
But beauty is about finding the right fit, the most natural fit, To be perfect, you have to feel perfect about yourself --- avoid trying to be something you're not. For a goddess, that's especially hard. We can change so easily.
-Aphrodite
- Rick Riordan
It's good for everyone to understand that they are to love their enemies, simply because your enemies show you things about yourself you need to change. So in actuality enemies are friends in reverse.
- Gary Busey
I had friends but I was spending a great deal of my time alone and for me that was vital because there's an awful lot you learn about yourself when you're alone.
- Kate Bush
I think its important to keep an element of fear about yourself because it makes you appreciate the jobs.
- Rose Byrne
Love is finding that the things you like best about yourself are not in you at all, but in the person who completes you
- Orson Scott Card
If you won't talk about yourself, at least compliment the audience. Just keep turning it back around, all right. Gush.
- Suzanne Collins
To pick up the paper and read about yourself getting slammed, that doesn't start your day off right.
- Steve Carlton
Sometimes the only way you can feel good about yourself is by making someone else look bad. And I'm tired of making other people feel good about themselves.
- Dan Castellaneta
Music can help you through any kind of emotion. It can help you through a break-up, make you dance, or help you realize or understand something about yourself... and if I can sing a song and make someone feel those things then I will feel like I have made a difference.
- Hollie Cavanagh
When you try to talk about yourself, you dont know who you are, or what your like, or what your like to other people. And the moment you do it's a formula for yourself, and then you're imitating yourself, and then nobody likes you and they dont know why.
- Carol Channing
There is a stage you reach, Deagle thinks, a time somewhere in early middle age, when your past ceases to be about yourself. Your connection to your former life is like a dream or delirium, and that person who you once were is merely a fond acquaintance, or a beloved character from a storybook. This is how memory becomes nostalgia. They are two very different things - the same way that a person is different from a photograph of a person.
- Dan Chaon
Don't talk about yourself; it will be done when you leave.
- Wilson Mizner
When you stop thinking about yourself all the time, a certain sense of repose overtakes you.
- Leonard Cohen
Know this. I think you could be special if you only thought there was anything special about yourself.
- Pat Conroy
I am worth some study, if for no one else but myself. I hope that you feel likewise... even if only about yourself.
- David J Cook
Talk about yourself as much as you like, but do not expect others to listen.
- Mason Cooley
Just tell me one more personal thing about yourself. I'm much more comfortable with Gabe than I am with Force."
"Force equals mass times acceleration," he said.
- Olivia Cunning
If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
- Virginia Woolf
You don't have to listen to those mean girls. They're just there to make you upset and make you feel bad about yourself. And you know, inside, they feel bad about themselves too. But they don't wanna admit it to anybody.
- Amanda Seyfried
Feeling good about yourself is not the same thing as doing good. Good policy is more important than good feelings.
- Theodore Dalrymple
You have to attempt to be objective about yourself.
- Charles Dance
In the ensuing silence, I have time to contemplate the word cute how dismissive it is, how it's the equivalent of calling someone little, how it makes a person into a baby, how the word is a neon sign burning through the dark reading, Feel Bad About Yourself.
- John Green
Traveling, I am finding, teaches you a lot of things about yourself. For instance, I never thought myself to be the kind of person who pees into a mostly empty bottle of Bluefin energy drink while driving through South Carolina at seventy-seven miles per hour - but in face I am that kind of person.
- John Green
Because anyone that can make you feel that bad about yourself is toxic.
- Sarah Dessen
History is a Rorschach test, people. What you see when you look at it tells you as much about yourself as it does about the past.
- Jennifer Donnelly
And in fact you're not like everyone else: you weren't ashamed just now to confess bad and even ridiculous things about yourself. Who would confess such things nowadays? No one, and people have even stopped feeling any need for self-judgment.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
DESTINY is a feeling you have that you know something about yourself nobody else does. The picture you have in your own mind of what you're about WILL COME TRUE. It's a kind of a thing you kind of have to keep to your own self, because it's a fragile feeling, and you put it out there, then someone will kill it. It's best to keep that all inside.
- Bob Dylan
They [dogs] never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.
- Jerome K Jerome
Be authentic to your dreams. Be authentic to your own idea about yourself. Grind away at your own minds and bodies until you become your own invention. Be Mad Scientists.
- Warren Ellis
Writing music on your own makes you think a lot about your life. Who are you? Would you change anything about yourself? This is where it comes from.
- Enya
Find out what you don't want to know about yourself, what you're afraid of.
- Linda Evans
If you're an actor, there's going to be a sense of fantasy about yourself, especially in the celebrity world we live in today. You give the illusion of being in control, sexy, at ease, with never a difficult moment. Those are the basic lies that all celebrities tell. For me, they're the more dangerous lies to come to terms with.
- Rupert Everett
I'm not going to lie, there are more interesting ways to spend your time than answering questions about yourself. But if there were no questions to ask me, I might have a beef with that.
- Colin Farrell
Real change isn't found in some new way to think about yourself, but in freedom from the need to think about yourself at all.
- Guy Finley
That's going to be your trouble judgment about yourself.
(Tender is the Night)
- F Scott Fitzgerald
What was it? Why won't you tell me?"
"I don't want to break down your illusions."
"My dear man, I have no illusions about you."
"I mean illusions about yourself.
- F Scott Fitzgerald
When I speak to you about myself, I'm speaking to you about yourself. How is it that you don't see that?
- Victor Hugo
Is this why you think you are chosen by God, because only you can understand the funnies that you make about yourself?
- Jonathan Safran Foer
What you discovered about yourself in raising children wasn't always agreeable or attractive.
- Jonathan Franzen
There was something almost tasty and almost sexy in letting the annoying boy be punished by her husband. In standing blamelessly aside while the boy suffered for having hurt her.
What you discovered about yourself in raising children wasn't always agreeable or attractive.
- Jonathan Franzen
Now that you're a Skinny Bitch, don't turn into a skinny bitch. We conceived of the title, Skinny Bitch, to get attention and sell books.... But we are not bitches, and we have no desire to promote bitchiness. There is nothing uglier than a pretty woman who's nasty. If you look great, you should feel good about yourself and be happy.
- Rory Freedman
To say something nice about yourself, this is the hardest thing in the world for people to do. They'd rather take their clothes off.
- Nancy Friday
To know nothing about yourself is to be constantly in danger of nothingness, those voids of non-being over which a man walks the tightrope of his life.
- Athol Fugard
You know, Joey, the medication has helped settle you down, but you have been a good kid all along. You are naturally good. I hope you know that about yourself. You have a good heart.
- Jack Gantos
Being a Hot Mom means being respected as a mom and a woman. And, the key to being a Hot Mom is having a sense of humor about yourself and all the crazy situations that arise.
- Jami Gertz
People tend to focus on the things that they don't like about themselves. While that's important for change, it's equally important to focus on what they love about themselves. For every one thing you dislike about yourself, think of five things you like about yourself. It's a balancing act.
- Tom Giaquinto
If you care about yourself, you should care about learning - even learning simple things. You come to have pride in yourself only by accomplishing things, even from fixing some old stairs...Others can't grant you self-respect, even others who care about you. You have to earn self-respect yourself.
- Terry Goodkind
To this day, I don't like people walking on stage not looking good. You have to look good. If you feel special about yourself then you're going to play special.
- Benny Goodman
Gareth's eyes slipped open. "You make me nervous when you do that."
"Do what?"
"Brood. Your brooding is rather loud."
"Oh please. I was hardly"
His eyebrow rose.
"Fine. I was brooding. It's not like you don't."
"Mine is inherent to my romantic nature. Cloaks and castles."
Adele threw up her hands. "That's it. You are forbidden to look at any more cheap books about yourself.
- Clay Griffith
If you're open to it, New Orleans will teach you about yourself, but if you want to hide from who you really are, the city will help you do that, too.
- Laurell K Hamilton
You just want to keep me on this hook, right? So I'll keep chasing after you and you can feel good about yourself. As soon as I start to get over you, you just reel me back in. You're so screwed up in the head. But I'm telling you, this is it. You don't get to have me anymore. Not as your friend or your admirer or anything. I'm through.
- Jenny Han
Accept everything about yourself - I mean everything, You are you and that is the beginning and the end - no apologies, no regrets.
- Henry A Kissinger
As a young man... you don't know anything about yourself. And add on to that, you're on the cover of magazines. People are interviewing you about what you think. You feel like a real phony.
- Ethan Hawke
I'm hideous"
"You could never be hideous"
"Forget it" I wanted this conversation over.
"I can't forget it," Gran said, not giving up so easily. "I don't like to hear you talk about yourself that way. Your scars do not define you, young lady. Your action do.
- Cambria Hebert
...if your friend knows you at all, she is being rude by pressuring you to do something that is bad for you. Yes, bad for you. Engaging in a painful activity that leaves you feeling crummy about yourself is self-destructive. But your friend is probably not a jerkyou wouldn't have chosen her for a friend if she were. She's just following the social rules. And you may be following them too.
- Laurie Helgoe
I know that sounds selfish, but you have to look at what it's doing to you personally - are you frustrated because of the way people perceive you, or are you happy enough about the things you've realized about yourself that you can tolerate the way people perceive you?
- Shannon Hoon
Think about a night like that often enough, you'll ask yourself a lot of questions. Most of them about yourself. The kind of person you are. What you'll do and why and when you'll do it. What you believe in. What you really believe in.
- Charlie Huston
I never had one beer. If I bought a six-pack of beer, I kept drinking till all six beers were gone. You have to have that kind of understanding about yourself. I haven't had a drink now in 12 years.
- Samuel L Jackson
I didn't write this piece to attract a potential mate, as the title might lead a reader to believe. That said, I like long walks on the beach, cuddling by the fire, and watching silent movies at full volume and then screaming into the phone when anybody calls. If interested, please send a brief e-mail to jarodkintz@jarodkintz.com telling a little about yourself, and why you think I'm perfect for you.
- Jarod Kintz
The trouble with writing a book about yourself is that you can't fool around. If you write about someone else, you can stretch the truth from here to Finland. If you write about yourself the slightest deviation makes you realize instantly that there may be honor among thieves, but you are just a dirty liar.
- Groucho Marx
You can know all there is to know about life and mankind, but what do you really know about yourself?
- Yasmina Khadra
The thing you hate about yourself tends to be the thing that everyone likes about you.
- Nicole Kidman
Tell me about yourself, Miss Russel."
I started to give him the obligatory response, first the demurral and then the reluctant flat autobiography, but some slight air of polite inattention in his manner stopped me. Instead, I found myself grinning at him.
"Why don't you tell me about myself, Mr. Holmes?
- Laurie R King
There's nothing worse than talking about yourself to find out that you're not that interesting.
- Sean Kinney
Falling hard for somebody makes you do things you never thought you'd do before. Like pulling off an A in History or finally facing the truth about yourself
- Steve Kluger
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
- Evel Knievel
It's an interesting thing when you discover something about yourself. To go: 'Wow, I'm not the person I thought I was. I'm in the middle of something and I can't actually deal with it.'
- Keira Knightley
Surely the whole point of writing your own life story is to be as honest as you possibly can, revealing everything about yourself that is most private and probably most interesting for that very reason.
- Judith Krantz
One of the things I love about acting is that it reveals a certain something about yourself, but it doesn't reveal your own personal story.
- Jessica Lange
If you don't like something about yourself, change it. If you're OK with it, you gotta own it. There's nothing in between.
- Lori Lansens
You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess.
- Heath Ledger
When you are suffering, you become more understanding about yourself, but also about other people's sufferings too. That's the first step to understand somebody is to understand their sufferings. So then love follows.
- Yoko Ono
It's hard to talk about yourself.
- Sugar Ray Leonard
It is better to forget about yourself altogether.
- C S Lewis
The real test of being in the presence of God is, that you either forget about yourself altogether or see yourself as a small, dirty object.
- C S Lewis
Be sure what you want and be sure about yourself. Fashion is not just beauty, it's about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong.
- Adriana Lima
It's the endlessly thinking about yourself that causes such heart shame.
- Gregory Maguire
Jesus says. "Acknowledge and accept who I want to be for you: a Savior of boundless compassion, infinite patience, unbearable forgiveness, and love that keeps no score of wrongs. Quit projecting onto Me your own feelings about yourself. At this moment your life is a bruised reed and I will not crush it, a smoldering wick and I will not quench it. You are in a safe place."
Brennan Manning. Abba's Child: The Cry of the Heart for Intimate Belonging
- Brennan Manning
Real freedom is freedom from the opinions of others. Above all, freedom from your opinions about yourself.
- Brennan Manning
Conversely, beware the man who does nothing but ask you questions about yourself and offers no information about himself. Not only is he keeping you at bay, he is probably not listening to your answers.
- Merrill Markoe
Beware the man who doesn't ask you any questions about yourself on your first date.
- Merrill Markoe
I remember Robyn saying once 'Talking about yourself can be selfish or generous'. When I asked what she meant, she said: 'If you never talk about yourself, about your problems and stuff, that's selfish, because you're not giving your friends a chance to help you. And if you talk about yourself all the time, you're selfish and boring.
- John Marsden
Mr. Lindell's English classes are meant to make you think I guess about yourself and people and everything. Some of the kids say it's pretty weird but they're more honest in English than they are anywhere else and they say more about what they feel...Everything that's said in English etches itself clearly and sharply in my mind like letters carved neatly into deep frost. But I never let them see how eagerly I listen.
- John Marsden
When you do interviews, you have to talk about yourself - and I like to find out about other people. I am so familiar with everything that I do. I've said it over and over again. I think it is boring.
- Johnny Mathis
Finally, you had to measure yourself by other people - there really was nothing else. every now and then, quite unintentionally, someone taught you something about yourself.
- Ian Mcewan
If you're a kid who's not necessarily attractive, and you don't have money, and you're not hip and cool, chances are you're not going to feel good about yourself and want to be an actor.
- Jim Mckay
The way I become friends with somebody is a slow process. You can't just spill your guts and tell them everything about yourself and expect them to listen and understand you because you don't know them. It's the same thing with a relationship.
- Leighton Meester
But perhaps this is all to the good. Perhaps it's best to live with the possibility that around any corner, at any time, may come the person who reminds you of your own capacity to surprise yourself, to put at risk everything that's dear to you. Who reminds you of the distances we have to bridge to begin to know anything about one another. Who reminds you that what seems to beeven about yourselfmay not be. That like him, you need to be forgiven.
- Sue Miller
Life has three rules: Paradox, Humor, and Change.
- Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste your time trying to figure it out.
- Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength beyond all measure
- Change: Know that nothing ever stays the same.
- Dan Millman
Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself.
- Alan Moore
I was just an average bloke. It was the media that tried to transform me into a heroic figure. But I've learned through the years, as long as you don't believe all that rubbish about yourself, you can't come to too much harm.' - Sir Edmund Hillary
- Greg Mortenson
But I have to grow out of it, because it's very boring, really. Even when you're telling people how crap you are, you're still banging on about yourself.
- Emily Mortimer
When you wake up from a dream you have only a few precious moments before the details of the dream begin to dissipate and the memory fades.
Not all dreams are significant or worth remembering.
But the ones that are... happen again.
So, wait for the dream to return. And never be afraid. Instead, consider it an opportunity to learn something profound and possibly wondrous about yourself.
- Vera Nazarian
Knowing is the most profound kind of love, giving someone the gift of knowledge about yourself.
- Marsha Norman
Personal law is simply the thought that controls your mind and your life more than any other thought. Finding that thought is the most valuable knowledge that you can have about yourself. It is like the leverage on personal change. It enables you to change very efficiently.
- Leonard Orr
Your whole idea about yourself is borrowed--
borrowed from those who have no idea of who they are themselves.
- Osho
You can take pride in yourself without comparing yourself to anybody else. If you run your race and be the best that you can be, then you can feel good about yourself.
- Joel Osteen
If you try to breastfeed and it's not working, then you don't feel particularly good about yourself.
- Denise Van Outen
Your beliefs about reality become your beliefs about yourself.
- Steve Pavlina
To know nothing about yourself is to live. To know yourself badly is to think.
- Fernando Pessoa
In my old age I've come to find that if you respect other people, you feel better about yourself.
- Bijou Phillips
When you're tan, you feel better about yourself.
- Nicole Polizzi
People go tanning because they like to feel tan. You feel more sexy when you're tan and I don't understand why you would tax on that, because you're making yourself feel more happy about yourself.
- Nicole Polizzi
You have to assert something about yourself in order to be yourself.
- Dennis Potter
You know everything and you know nothing...
And in that there's this: You will always learn something new. About him. About her. About yourself. And in learning the bad, the uncomfortable, the messy- it's what you take away that counts. What will you do with that knowledge? Will you leave? Pull tighter? Ignore it? Use it to fall in love even deeper? That's when you learn more about yourself.
- Pamela Ribon
One of the reasons why we crave love, and seek it so desperately, is that love is the only cure for loneliness, and shame, and sorrow. But some feelings sink so deep into the heart that only loneliness can help you find them again. Some truths about yourself are so painful that only shame can help you live with them. And some things are just so sad that only your soul can do the crying for you.
- Gregory David Roberts
No man is brave that has never walked a hundred miles. If you want to know the truth of who you are, walk until not a person knows your name. Travel is the great leveler, the great teacher, bitter as medicine, crueler than mirror-glass. A long stretch of road will teach you more about yourself than a hundred years of quiet.
- Patrick Rothfuss
If a great outfit gets you one step closer to feeling good about yourself, then it's worth every penny.
- Rachel Roy
Positive feelings come from being honest about yourself and accepting your personality, and physical characteristics, warts and all; and, from belonging to a family that accepts you without question.
- Willard Scott
This business of 'kidding yourself' worries me. I don't even know how much self-deception I'm involved in. It's hard to get down to the truth about yourself. Any time I feel like I'm finally being honest with myself I wonder if there's some deeper truth I'm shying away from. It amazes me how I can know something and avoid it at the same time.
- Seth
When your ideas about yourself change, so does your experience.
- Seth
Sometimes you can know things. Things about yourself. Things from before you can remember.
- Diane Setterfield
Reading's not a luxury, art's not a luxury. It's about your soul, and it's about yourself. And if reading is a luxury, being human is a luxury
- Jeanette Winterson
I think now that being free is not being powerful or rich or well regarded or without obligation but being able to love. To love someone else enough to forget about yourself even for one moment is to be free.
- Jeanette Winterson
Life is too short to have anything but delusional notions about yourself.
- Gene Simmons
It's like a dream come true. When somebody is paying you to talk about yourself, you've won.
- Kevin Smith
Having a child makes you strong and gives you chutzpah. It relaxed my attitude to the job; my center of focus shifted, which I think is very helpful, because even if you're not a very indulgent actor you spend a lot of time thinking about yourself. I don't think that is particularly healthy.
- Imelda Staunton
Don't surrender all your joy for an idea you used to have about yourself that isn't true anymore.
- Cheryl Strayed
You will learn a lot about yourself if you stretch in the direction of goodness, of bigness, of kindness, of forgiveness, of emotional bravery. Be a warrior for love.
- Cheryl Strayed
You have to say I am forgiven again and again until it becomes the story you believe about yourself.
- Cheryl Strayed
Preparing food is not just about yourself and others. It is about everything!
- Shunryu Suzuki
Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true.
- Brian Tracy
Challenges make you discover things about yourself that you never really knew. They're what make the instrument stretch-what make you go beyond the norm.
- Cicely Tyson
Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.
- Johnny Unitas
There is a difference between conceit and confidence. Conceit is bragging about yourself. Confidence means you believe you can get the job done.
- Johnny Unitas
As you get older, you're always maturing, you're always learning something new about yourself.
- Troy Vincent
Once you go inside and weed through the muck, you will find the real beauty, the truth about yourself.
- Lindsay Wagner
If you see a blatant error or misconception about yourself, you really want to set it straight.
- Jimmy Wales
Whatever you get paid attention for is never what you think is most important about yourself.
- David Foster Wallace
Start telling the truth now and never stop. Begin by telling the truth to yourself about yourself. Then tell the truth to yourself about someone else. Then tell the truth about yourself to another. Then tell the truth about another to that other. Finally, tell the truth to everyone about everything. These are the 5 levels of truth telling. This is the five-fold path to freedom.
- Neale Donald Walsch
There was a time in the marriage when I could no longer look at myself in a mirror, couldn't feel I was a nice person. A bad relationship can do that, can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.
- Dionne Warwick
Is there anyone's life story you don't want to know?"
"Not really." His expression was unexpectedly serious. "Because people make a story of their lives.
Gains, losses, tragedy and triumphyou can tell a lot about someone simply by what they put into each
category. You can learn a lot about what you put into each category by your reaction to them. They
teach you about yourself without ever intending to do itand they teach you a lot about life.
- Michelle Sagara West
To be always thinking about your manners is not the way to make them good; the very perfection of manners is not to think about yourself.
- Richard Whately
You feel better about yourself when you do something with yourself. You also feel more confident.
- Caroline Wozniacki
I don't want to sell myself short. You hurt your spouse, not so much by the infidelity, but by the negative feelings about yourself that you bring home.
- Michael Zaslow
Comments
Post a Comment