Skip to main content

Another Day Quotes

If you are always saying I'll do it to tomorrow, than your tomorrow will than turn into another day and so on, and so, etc. etc.
- Victoria Addino

Some days it is a heroic act just to refuse the paralysis of fear and straighten up and step into another day.
- Edward Albert

Everyday was another day spent waiting. Every night was another night when she might meet someone who would recognize her true worth.
- Paulo Coelho

I have always been very calm on the outside. I'm not too stressed now just because I'm in formula one. For me, tomorrow will be another day whether I finish first or last. I have to do the maximum and I cannot ask any more from myself.
- Fernando Alonso

Do not let another day go by where your dedication to other people's opinions is greater than your dedication to your own emotions!
- Steve Maraboli

Today you will have countless opportunities to take action towards any dream or goal you've ever had. No matter how long you've waited, it's never too late. Let today be the day you give life to your dreams and goals. Don't throw away another day!
- Steve Maraboli

A very small percentage of the people in this world will actually experience and live today. So many people will be stuck on another day, another time that traumatized them and caused them to spiritually stutter so they miss out on this day.
- Steve Maraboli

Today, many will choose to live free of conditions and rules governing their own happiness. Why not you? Do not let another day go by where your dedication to other people's opinions is greater than your dedication to your own emotions! Today's a new day!
- Steve Maraboli

It isn't true that whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger...but whatever doesn't kill you does leave you vulnerable to another day.
- Nicole Baart

I couldn't disappoint people. I did not want to fail and exhaust myself, because I was the kind of runner who trained so little that I couldn't race again within another 10 days.
- Roger Bannister

Swear it on your life. (Zephyra)
That I can never do. (Stryker)
Why can't you? (Zephyra)
Because you are my life, and I can't live another day without you. (Stryker)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

It's a yes then? (Arik)
No. I thought I'd walk through hell to reclaim you and carry your baby just for the heck of it. Who needs marriage. (Geary)
I do! (Arik)
Good. I can let you live another day. (Geary)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

One day's delay is another day's lack of progress.
- Stuart Bowen

Look, all this is about is utilizing the rules of the Senate, using a majority of the senators, to make sure that we get health reform done. We cannot wait another day.
- Barbara Boxer

Life is grace. Sleep is forgiveness. The night absolves. Darkness wipes the slate clean, not spotless to be sure, but clean enough for another day's chalking.
- Frederick Buechner

I believe in pink.I believe laughing is the best calorie burner.I believe in kissing,kissing alot!I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong.I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls.I believe that tomorrow is a another day and I believe in miracles.
-Audrey Hepburn
We all think we're the center of the universe, but we don't exist alone. It's that ripple idea that you cannot touch one thing without affecting another.
- Rick Riordan

I exist, I am, I am here, I am becoming, I make my own life and no one else makes it for me. I must face my own shortcomings, mistakes, transgressions. No one can suffer my non-being as I do, but tomorrow is another day, and I must decide to leave my bed and live again. And if I fail, I don't have the comfort of blaming you or life or God.
- Leo Buscaglia

Fading light means more than just the end of another day. Night is when terrible things emerge from their sleep and seek soft flesh and hot blood.
- Jim Butcher

And at the end of the day, if the movie's no good, I'll live to fight another day.
- Scott Caan

No, Michael was all good. Killed, dismembered, buried, reborn...yeah, just another day in the life.
- Rachel Caine

Here ends another day, during which I have had eyes, ears, hands and the great world around me. Tomorrow begins another day. Why am I allowed two?
- Gilbert K Chesterton

I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
- Audrey Hepburn

I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles.
- Audrey Hepburn

People...ladies, I mean...they dye their hair sometimes," I explained to him. "So one day they have red hair and another day they have brown hair. It doesn't matter," I said. "They're still the same lady.
- Diane Chamberlain

I started to duck under the spears, only to have the two vamps on the other wall suddenly appear in my face. Or, at least, their crotches did. Another day, I would have made a cute remark about heat and leather jock straps, but I wasn't feeling real cute right now.
- Karen Chance

I looked around me at the beautiful sunrise and I was thinking, Yes, yes, everything will be beautiful like this now. I will never be afraid again. I will never spend another day trapped in the color gray.
- Chris Cleave

As for September 11, let us not too easily grant the Americans possession of that date on the calendar. Like May 1 or July 14 or December 25, September 11 may seem full of significance to some people, while to other people it is just another day.
- J M Coetzee

God, was I going to have another day of painful thoughts jumping me every time I relaxed? The obvious solutionto just not relaxwas kind of sucking.
- Lilith Saintcrow

Apparently with no surprise
To any happy Flower
The Frost beheads it at its play --
In accidental power --
The blonde Assassin passes on --
The Sun proceeds unmoved
To measure off another Day
For an Approving God.
- Emily Dickinson

Tomorrow is another day. I've got plenty of things to worry about right now.
- Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

Every day President Bush and Congress refuse to fulfill their obligation to special ed is another day Wisconsin property taxpayers are stuck with the bill. It's unfair, irresponsible and must stop.
- Jim Doyle

The rain had stopped and the sky was absurdly pretty, a single layer of floury cloudlets pinked and peached by the rising sun. Only the juvenile, the mad, and the newly in love noticed. The rest of the city got its head down and ploughed tearily into another day of neurosis.
- Glen Duncan

Nobody really knows her
Except the chosen few
Her secrets are kept hidden
Behind that sun-kissed hue.
If I reach out to touch her
She'll just run away
My Forever and Always
Will have to wait another day.
- Simone Elkeles

You aren't worried are you?"
"Why should I be worried? It's just another day in the neighborhood. You know - bombs, fires, people shooting at you. Why should I be worried? Especially since we could be clothes shopping or boarding a plane. I'm not in the least worried."
"Hmmm," he mused allowed. "I read about this in the relationship manual. It's called womanly sarcasm and usually means a man is in deep trouble.
- Christine Feehan

If in large part we were concerned only with making it through another day without getting laid off, there was a smaller part just hoping to leave for the night without contributing to someone's lifetime of hurt.
- Joshua Ferris

Another day. Get up and face it.
- James Patterson

I missed you every minute this week and I don't want to spend another day without you. If my mom disowns me for being with a vampire, then that's her decision, but I've made mine, and I won't apologize of back down from it.
- Jeaniene Frost

We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.
- Kahlil Gibran

The greatest act of faith some days is to simply get up and face another day.
- Amy Gatliff

He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day;
But he who is battle slain
Can never rise to fight again

- Oliver Goldsmith

He who fights and runs away
May live to fight another day..
- Oliver Goldsmith

What might not be there are the chances you have right now. If you can hold on another hour, another day - if you can live one more good, honorable minute - those are the victories. And they open up the whole world.
- Lia Habel

Just another day in my life. This was one of those days when I thought that maybe a new life, a different life, wouldn't be so bad. But where the hell had I put the receipt, and could you return something that was over twenty years old? Where do you go to get a new life when your old one has you so puzzled you don't know how to fix it? Wish I knew.
- Laurell K Hamilton

Push out a bayonet. If it strikes fat, push deeper. If it strikes iron, pull back for another day.
- Robert Harris

Ours is a life of constant reruns. We're always circling back to where we'd we started, then starting all over again. Even if we don't run extra laps that day, we surely will come back for more of the same another day soon.
- Joe Henderson

Daily dawns another day;
I must up, to make my way.
Though I dress and drink and eat,
Move my fingers and my feet,
Learn a little, here and there,
Weep and laugh and sweat and swear,
Hear a song, or watch a stage,
Leave some words upon a page,
Claim a foe, or hail a friend-
Bed awaits me at the end.
- Dorothy Parker

Mariam always held her breath as she watched him go. She held her breath and, in her head, counted seconds. She pretended that for each second that she didn't breathe God would grant her another day with Jalil.
- Khaled Hosseini

she held her breath, and in her head, counted seconds. She pretended that for each second she didn't breathe, God would grant her another day
- Khaled Hosseini

Dissents are appeals to the brooding spirit of the law, to the intelligence of another day.
- Charles Evans Hughes

I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.
- Langston Hughes

This isn't about you, Skeeter. It's about me, and I need you here. If we lose Crutchfield, we'll get him another day. If I lose you..
- Tara Janzen

My mind remianed focused on the moment. Tommorow was another day. But I wanted to stay like this forever.
- Lola Jaye

Don't waste another day of your life grieving over something that you cannot do anything about. Let God give you a new beginning. Your mistakes are not enough to stop God if you don't let them.
- Joyce Meyer

I can't believe she tricked me into spending another day with her. I have a life, I want to tell her. I have four episodes of Myth Busters to catch up on. Okay, I don't have a life.
- Katie Kacvinsky

The sky was murky and deep, like quicksand. There was a young man parcelled up in barbed wire, like a crown of thorns. I untangled him and carried him out. High above the earth, we sank together, to our knees. It was just another day, 1918.
- Markus Zusak

It's like there's this wave coming toward me, but there's nothing I can do about it. And then it reaches me, crashes over me and...and I'm done for another day. I just give up. Give in to it. Because how do you stop a wave?
You don't. And you're wise to recognize your powerlessness to do so. But what you can do is learn how to negotiate this wave. Work within the context of its inevitability.
- Wally Lamb

If untimely death came only those who deserved that fate, Keturah, where would choice be? No one would do good for its own sake, but only to avoid an early demise. No one would speak out against evil because of his own courageous soul, but only to live another day. The right to choose is man's great gift, but one thing is not his to choose--the time and means of death.
- Martine Leavitt

Don't live life like it's another day,
but live life like it's your last day.
- Anthony Liccione

Live to fight another day was an expression that did not take nto account the loved one who would die because you didn't continue fighting today.
- Robert Liparulo

You gonna marry her? This is the one out of seven billion?"
"It is. And I am. I've got to. It's like...sometimes..."
"Speak."
"Sometimes I think I'm not going to make it another day without getting a ring on that girl's finger and changing her fucking last name from theirs to mine. I'm going to spend the rest of my life with her, and I want it to start yesterday.
- Cherrie Lynn

O beautiful, to make escape
And leave this world behind.
Had I to stay another day
I'd lose my fucking mind..
- Gregory Maguire

For we are not summoned according to the paristi register And besides there is no man so old as to make it sinful to expect another day. Now every day is another step in life.
- Seneca

The matter had to be settled immediately, without delaying another day, for at times he too felt an imperious need for instant solutions, which is all the weak are capable of, given their inability to sustain an effort of will.
- Guy De Maupassant

Step by step
Moment by moment
We live through
Another day
- Anne Mccaffrey

The volume exploded when Travis appeared in a doorway across the room. He made his entrance, shirtless, relaxed and unaffected. He strolled into the center of the circle as if he were showing up to another day at work.
- Jamie Mcguire

I wanted to make a point of basing myself at home, being close to my family. I'll never be able to repay Mum and Dad for what they did, but at least they know they'll never have to work another day. I'll do whatever it takes to look after them.
- Rory Mcilroy

It's twilight. It's the safest time of day for us. The easiest time. But also the saddest, in a way...the end of another day, the return of the night. Darkness is so predictable, don't you think?
- Stephenie Meyer

After all, tomorrow is another day.
- Margaret Mitchell

Yesterday was a memory. Tomorrow was a hope. Today was another day to live and do one's best to love
- Karen Marie Moning

When I thought I'd killed him, I felt more alone than I've felt in a long time. Like I couldn't stand walking through this city knowing he wasn't in it. Like somehow, as long as he was out there somewhere, if I was ever really in trouble, I knew where I could go and while maybe he wouldn't do exactly what I wanted him to do, he'd keep me alive. He'd get me through whatever it was to live another day.
- Karen Marie Moning

This is another day, O Lord...
If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely.
If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly.
If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently.
And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly.
- Kathleen Norris

I have been very fortunate as to escape through another day's very severe fighting and escaped unhurt.
- John H Morgan

In fact her maturity and blood kinship converted her passion to fever, so it was more affliction than affection. It literally knocked her down at night, and raised her up in the morning, for when she dragged herself off to bed, having spent another day without his presence, her heart beat like a gloved fist against her ribs. And in the morning, long before she was fully awake, she felt a longing so bitter and tight it yanked her out of a sleep swept clean of dreams.
- Toni Morrison

I'm 99 today and I'll be 100 tomorrow. It's another day.
- John Morton

We believed it was better to pay as you go than it was to pay your bills by borrowing and laying up debts for another day. To pay as you go, that policy is a safer business policy and a saner business policy, and we thought it was a saner national policy.
- Scott Nearing

It was another day to go to work, and try to play and play well.
- Ray Nitschke

When it comes to the health of our families, Barack refused to listen to all those folks who told him to leave health reform for another day, another president. He didn't care whether it was the easy thing to do politically - that's not how he was raised - he cared that it was the right thing to do.
- Michelle Obama

Sustaining faith is what sets you through those dark nights of the soul when you don't know where to go or what to do, and it seems that you can't last another day...but because of your faith in God, you do.
- Joel Osteen

When the Mayan Calendar runs out there will be another day. Just like there was with Y2K.
- Stanley Victor Paskavich

She realized that being starved for words was the same as being starved for food, because both left a hollow place inside you, a place you needed filled to make it through another day. Rachel remembered how growing up she'd thought living on a farm with just a father was as lonely as you could be. (130)
- Ron Rash

We cannot put off the difficult decisions for another day, another generation.
- Jodi Rell

That wind!...it called to mind the small, scarce, stemmy flowers that she and Edmund would walk half a day to pick, though in another day they would all be wilted. Sometimes Edmund would carry buckets and a trowel, and lift them earth and all, and bring them home to plant, and they would die. They were rare things, and grew out of ants' nests and bear dung and the flesh of perished animals.
- Marilynne Robinson

I'm so burned out, the only person I can stand is myself.
I'm the only one I would put through this.
Wheels and wings,
The ride is everything.
I'm all I've got.
I'm all I can take.
Another day has destroyed a part of me.
So far so good.
- Henry Rollins

Life isn't supposed to be an all or nothing battle between misery and bliss. Life isn't supposed to be a battle at all. And when it comes to happiness, well, sometimes life is just okay, sometimes it'comfortable, sometimes wonderful, sometimes boring, sometimes unpleasant. When your day's not perfect, it's not a failure or a terrible loss. It's just another day.
- Barbara Sher

We said, there's another second gone, there's another minute and another hour and another day, when, as a matter of fact the second or the minute or the hour was never gone. It was the same one all the time. It had just moved along and we had moved with it.
- Clifford D Simak

Now, I pray you, cast yourself into a different world, a different trail of thought; step into a place where dragons live and breathe, where they are as real in touch and voice as you or I. Where they face the same extinction every day that they have suffered in our world: the extinction of myth... yet where they battle every moment to fend off such a fate for another day..
- Alexis Steinhauer

To withdraw isn't a sign of weakness... It is a sign that a man knows the limits of his capabilities and the most probable outcome of the future. One who retreats to fight another day isn't running away, but looking for another road towards the same destination.
- Lionel Suggs

He that fights and runs away, May turn and fight another day; But he that is in battle slain, Will never rise to fight again.
- Tacitus

Better that you should take the chance of trying something that is close to your heart, you think is what you want to write, and if they do not publish it, put it in your drawer. But maybe another day will come and you will find a place to put that.
- Gay Talese

Bite your lips, little brother...Don't cry. Keep your anger, your hate, for another day, for later. The day will come but not now...Wait. Clench your teeth and wait..
- Elie Wiesel

Each morning my characters greet me with misty faces willing, though chilled, to muster for another day's progress through the dazzling quicksand the marsh of blank paper.
- John Updike

Another day in paradise' was his inevitable pronouncement when he settled his head on his pillow. Now I understand what that meant: the uneventful day was a precious gift.
- Abraham Verghese

I'm not fighting for justice. I am not fighting for freedom. I am fighting for my life and another day in the world here.
- Tom Waits

I got dressed to begin another day. Over and over, we begin again. (Kitchen, 103)
- Banana Yoshimoto

Chilled-looking people walking along the riverside, the snow beginning, faintly, to pile up on the roofs of cars, the bare trees shaking their heads left and right, dry leaves tossing in the wind. The silver of the metal window sash sparkling coldly.
Soon after, I heard sensei call, "Mikage! Are you awake? It's snowing, look! It's snowing!"
"I'm coming!" I called out, standing up. I got dressed to begin another day. Over and over, we begin again.
- Banana Yoshimoto

It was Jack's and Tom Watson's day yesterday. But today, it's another day.
- Fuzzy Zoeller

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...