No matter what looms ahead, if you can eat today, enjoy today, mix good cheer with friends today enjoy it and bless God for it.
- Henry Ward Beecher
I bless God for this retirement: I never was more thankful for any thing than I have been of late for the necessity I am under of self-denial in many respects.
- David Brainerd
Bless God, he went as soldiers,
His musket on his breast
Grant God, he charge the bravest
Of all the martial blest!
Please God, might I behold him
In epauletted white
I should not fear the foe then
I should not fear the fight!
- Emily Dickinson
I suppose I have had more advantages and privileges than most of you, who are slaves have ever known, and I believe more than many white people have enjoyed, for which I desire to bless God, and pray that he may bless those who have given them to me.
- Jupiter Hammon
- Henry Ward Beecher
I bless God for this retirement: I never was more thankful for any thing than I have been of late for the necessity I am under of self-denial in many respects.
- David Brainerd
Bless God, he went as soldiers,
His musket on his breast
Grant God, he charge the bravest
Of all the martial blest!
Please God, might I behold him
In epauletted white
I should not fear the foe then
I should not fear the fight!
- Emily Dickinson
I suppose I have had more advantages and privileges than most of you, who are slaves have ever known, and I believe more than many white people have enjoyed, for which I desire to bless God, and pray that he may bless those who have given them to me.
- Jupiter Hammon