I don't think you can have pain and soul-searching doing the right thing for your child.
- Diane Abbott
I don't know what religious people do. I kind of wished I'd been a Christian with the blind faith that God is doing the right thing. As a Buddhist, you feel like you have more control over the situation, and that you can change your karma.
- Marcia Wallace
You are to make your own way prosperous...Even God cannot do it for you; you will have to do it yourself by doing the right things; taking right decisions, talking right, thinking right, being at the right place with the right-kind of people and by reading the right materials.
- Jaachynma N E Agu
...you must be careful never to allow doubt to paralyze you. always take the decisions you need to take, even if you're not sure you're doing the right thing. You'll never go wrong if, when you make a decision, you keep in mind an old German proverb: 'The devil is in the detail.' Remember that proverb and you'll always be able to turn a wrong decision into a right one.
- Paulo Coelho
After all, what is happiness? Love, they tell me. But love doesn't bring and never has brought happiness. On the contrary, it's a constant state of anxiety, a battlefield; it's sleepless nights, asking ourselves all the time if we're doing the right thing. Real love is composed of ecstasy and agony.
- Paulo Coelho
Doing the right thing for someone else occasionally means doing something that feels wrong to you.
- Jodi Picoult
Doing the right thing because you love someone sucks sometimes.
- Cassandra Clare
Sometimes being an adult means doing the right thing, even if it's not what you want.
- Laurie Halse Anderson
Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.
- Oprah Winfrey
Well, I'm still looking for Maurice Ashley. My essential qualities. I think that more than anything, I try to do the right thing, I think about doing the right thing.
- Maurice Ashley
But there are times in this harum-scarum world when figuring out the right thing to do is quite simple, but doing the right thing is simply impossible...
- Lemony Snicket
Diplomacy is more than saying or doing the right things at the right time, it is avoiding saying or doing the wrong things at any time.
- Bo Bennett
If you're the kind of person who has no guts, you just give up every time life pushes you. If you're that kind of person, you'll live all your life playing it safe, doing the right things, saving yourself for something that never happens. Then, you die a boring old man.
- Robert Kiyosaki
[Marianne Moore] once remarked, after a visit to her brother and his family, that the state of being married and having children had one enormous advantage: One never has to worry about whether one is doing the right thing or not. There isn't time. One is always having to go to the market or drive the children somewhere. There isn't time to wonder 'Is this right or isn't it?
- Elizabeth Bishop
I feel alive for the first time in years. I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago. For a little while I'm not afraid. Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last. Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you. I suppose I'll have to do even more violent things, exposing myself so I won't fall down on the job and turn scared again
- Ray Bradbury
I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago.
For a little while I'm not afraid.
Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last.
Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you.
- Ray Bradbury
Doing the right thing for someone else was like a tonic for me; it was like some magic ointment that made a wound disappear.
- Susie Bright
It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
- Mahatma Gandhi
There are people that really live by doing the right thing, but I don't know what that is, I'm really curious about that. I'm really curious about what people think they're doing when they're doing something evil, casually. I think it's really interesting, that we benefit from suffering so much, and we excuse ourselves from it.
- Louis C K
Flying dreams mean that you're doing the right thing with your life.
- Doug Coupland
Real courage is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. Doing the unpopular thing because it's what you believe, and the heck with everybody.
- Justin Cronin
I didn't do it because of the underlying greed that's prevailing, but it is about greed, doing the right thing at the right time using your clout when you have it and what for and what reason.
- Danny Devito
So, when it comes to eating healthy, it's just doing the right thing. And it's not something you have to do 365 days a year, but I think it's something you have to do 25 days a month. Let's put it that way.
- Mike Ditka
You know, there comes a point where you're not giving advice anymore. There comes a point where you're just moralizing, demonstrating your hypothetical superiority when it comes to doing the right thing. That's not very fucking helpful, you know. I'm holding my shit together right now, and rather than telling me that it's not enough, you could try to help me with the stuff I'm capable of.
- Cory Doctorow
Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.
- Peter Drucker
Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
- Peter Drucker
I think we're doing the right things for the right reasons. We're not doing it to sell products. We're not doing it to be popular. We're doing it because in our judgment these stories are important to do, and at this length and this much depth.
- Bob Edwards
Sometimes you have to steer away from the crowd in order to be a better person. It's not always easy, that's for sure. But it's right. And sometimes doing the right thing feels good, even if it does end up in a trip to the principal's office.
- Simone Elkeles
What is the harm of doing the right thing? What is the harm of doing our job as legislators and making sure we do not stick the entire bankruptcy community with these provisions that do not make any sense?
- Russ Feingold
She was feeling the pressure of the world outside and she wanted to see him and feel his presence beside her and be reassured that she was doing the right thing after all.
- F Scott Fitzgerald
But then, in his lifetime, Halt had often ignored what was technically legal. Technicalities didn't appeal to him. All too often, they simply got in the way of doing the right thing.
- John Flanagan
Initiative is doing the right thing without being told.
- Victor Hugo
When you're caught up in the storm or, you know, just the turmoil of everything that there is another side and you do get through it. And you know, just standing by the truth and doing the right thing.
- Amber Frey
I am doing the right thing, he told himself, so why do I feel so bad?
- George R R Martin
Spider-Man has always been a symbol of goodness and doing the right thing and looking after your fellow man.
- Andrew Garfield
Every life has a watershed moment, an instant when you realize you're about to make a choice that will define everything else you ever do, and that if you choose wrong, there may not be that many things left to choose. Sometimes the wrong choice is the only one that lets you face the end with dignity, grace, and the awareness that you're doing the right thing.
I'm not sure we can recognize those moments until they've passed us.
- Mira Grant
...You may think you're doing the right thing, and hell, you may even be right, but when you don't let anyone watch over your shoulder, how the fuck are the rest of us supposed to know?
- Mira Grant
So I sit and endure the stares and the pangs and twinges of Catholic guilt, knowing that I am doing the right thing if I'm right, and the right thing even if I'm wrong. Being Catholic is hard. Being ex-Catholic is even harder.
- Pete Hautman
I am in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing.
- Louise L Hay
I believe I'm doing the right thing in trying to step away from that and to take chances and work on little independent films and do stuff like that wild dance scene.
- Patrick Warburton
Initiative is doing the right things without being told.
- Elbert Hubbard
Now, when we first started, I would be playing something good and then feel like I wasn't doing the right thing and launch into some idiotic cliche. Luckily for me, Bobby was patient.
- Charlie Hunter
You know, my family and friends have never been yes-men: 'Yes, you're doing the right thing, you're always right.' No, they tell me when I'm wrong, and that's why I've been able to stay who I am and stay humble.
- Lebron James
Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.
- Aldo Leopold
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- C S Lewis
Doing the right thing has power.
- Laura Linney
When you want to share something with another person more than anything, it is one of the most difficult things to realize that you can never have it. Accepting this realization is even more difficult. Loving someone does mean saying goodbye to them in some cases, though we will fight that until the oftentimes bitter end before doing the right thing.
- Ashly Lorenzana
So is that it? Will I have to live the rest of my life like this? Not doing the right thing? Not saying the right words?"
"That's your choice. You can't change the past. Ah, but the future...you own the future." The Greenman smiled. "So, you tell me...what choice do you want to make now?
- Jonathan Maberry
The idea that we cause harm by doing what we perceive to be the right thing, that's another theme that interests me. Because most people don't intend to cause harm, they cause harm by doing the right thing - in their mind.
- Andrew Mccarthy
Nobody thinks that they're evil or bad, they think that they're doing the right thing.
- Andrew Mccarthy
The one thing I have wanted to stay away from is the steroids. When I had an attack two years ago in my home state of Mississippi, they put me on steroids, thinking they were doing the right thing, and I had a violent reaction.
- Mary Ann Mobley
You've got all these books on self help, getting to know yourself, doing the right thing, eating the so-called right foods, even down to what books you have on your shelves. People are encouraged to look to themselves first as opposed to being a part of society.
- Samantha Morton
A hero sacrifices for the greater good. A hero is true to his or her conscience. In short, heroism means doing the right thing regardless of the consequences.
- Brandon Mull
In short, heroism means doing the right thing regardless of the consequences.
- Brandon Mull
Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.
- John D Rockefeller
Doing the right thing the wrong way is still the wrong thing.
- Jayce O Neal
For me, going vegan was an ethical and environmental decision. I'm doing the right thing by the animals.
- Alexandra Paul
Being trustworthy requires: Doing the right thing. And doing things right.
- Don Peppers
We're facing headwinds from Europe. Europe doing the right things here to stabilize their situation is important to our small businesses, our workers, the middle class here, and overall economy.
- David Plouffe
It's all very Italian (and decidedly un-American): to insist that doing the right thing is the most pleasurable thing, and that the act of consumption might be an act of addition rather than subtraction.
- Michael Pollan
There's a kind of luck that's not much more than being in the right place at the right time, a kind of inspiration that's not much more than doing the right thing in the right way, and both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment.
- Gregory David Roberts
Are some women and children going to die? Yeah. But it's doing the right thing. You got money, you sit around talking about peace. People who don't have money need some help.
- Kid Rock
There's so much negative imagery of black fatherhood. I've got tons of friends that are doing the right thing by their kids, and doing the right thing as a father - and how come that's not as newsworthy?
- Will Smith
It was more dangerous not to go; I was running the risk of becoming trapped in my own fantasies. So I was doing the right thing by going. She would behave normally, I would behave normally, and everything would be normal again.
- Bernhard Schlink
If you are doing the right thing for the earth, she's giving you great company.
- Vandana Shiva
I have a lot to learn about NASCAR. But I've learned if you have the right people in the right places doing the right things, you can be successful at whatever you do.
- Roger Staubach
Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is watching.
- Jim Stovall
If you have to do it, then you're doing the right thing.
- Kathy Valentine
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
- J C Watts
- Diane Abbott
I don't know what religious people do. I kind of wished I'd been a Christian with the blind faith that God is doing the right thing. As a Buddhist, you feel like you have more control over the situation, and that you can change your karma.
- Marcia Wallace
You are to make your own way prosperous...Even God cannot do it for you; you will have to do it yourself by doing the right things; taking right decisions, talking right, thinking right, being at the right place with the right-kind of people and by reading the right materials.
- Jaachynma N E Agu
...you must be careful never to allow doubt to paralyze you. always take the decisions you need to take, even if you're not sure you're doing the right thing. You'll never go wrong if, when you make a decision, you keep in mind an old German proverb: 'The devil is in the detail.' Remember that proverb and you'll always be able to turn a wrong decision into a right one.
- Paulo Coelho
After all, what is happiness? Love, they tell me. But love doesn't bring and never has brought happiness. On the contrary, it's a constant state of anxiety, a battlefield; it's sleepless nights, asking ourselves all the time if we're doing the right thing. Real love is composed of ecstasy and agony.
- Paulo Coelho
Doing the right thing for someone else occasionally means doing something that feels wrong to you.
- Jodi Picoult
Doing the right thing because you love someone sucks sometimes.
- Cassandra Clare
Sometimes being an adult means doing the right thing, even if it's not what you want.
- Laurie Halse Anderson
Real integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody's going to know whether you did it or not.
- Oprah Winfrey
Well, I'm still looking for Maurice Ashley. My essential qualities. I think that more than anything, I try to do the right thing, I think about doing the right thing.
- Maurice Ashley
But there are times in this harum-scarum world when figuring out the right thing to do is quite simple, but doing the right thing is simply impossible...
- Lemony Snicket
Diplomacy is more than saying or doing the right things at the right time, it is avoiding saying or doing the wrong things at any time.
- Bo Bennett
If you're the kind of person who has no guts, you just give up every time life pushes you. If you're that kind of person, you'll live all your life playing it safe, doing the right things, saving yourself for something that never happens. Then, you die a boring old man.
- Robert Kiyosaki
[Marianne Moore] once remarked, after a visit to her brother and his family, that the state of being married and having children had one enormous advantage: One never has to worry about whether one is doing the right thing or not. There isn't time. One is always having to go to the market or drive the children somewhere. There isn't time to wonder 'Is this right or isn't it?
- Elizabeth Bishop
I feel alive for the first time in years. I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago. For a little while I'm not afraid. Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last. Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you. I suppose I'll have to do even more violent things, exposing myself so I won't fall down on the job and turn scared again
- Ray Bradbury
I feel I'm doing what I should've done a lifetime ago.
For a little while I'm not afraid.
Maybe it's because I'm doing the right thing at last.
Maybe it's because I've done a rash thing and don't want to look the coward to you.
- Ray Bradbury
Doing the right thing for someone else was like a tonic for me; it was like some magic ointment that made a wound disappear.
- Susie Bright
It's the action, not the fruit of the action, that's important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there'll be any fruit. But that doesn't mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result.
- Mahatma Gandhi
There are people that really live by doing the right thing, but I don't know what that is, I'm really curious about that. I'm really curious about what people think they're doing when they're doing something evil, casually. I think it's really interesting, that we benefit from suffering so much, and we excuse ourselves from it.
- Louis C K
Flying dreams mean that you're doing the right thing with your life.
- Doug Coupland
Real courage is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. Doing the unpopular thing because it's what you believe, and the heck with everybody.
- Justin Cronin
I didn't do it because of the underlying greed that's prevailing, but it is about greed, doing the right thing at the right time using your clout when you have it and what for and what reason.
- Danny Devito
So, when it comes to eating healthy, it's just doing the right thing. And it's not something you have to do 365 days a year, but I think it's something you have to do 25 days a month. Let's put it that way.
- Mike Ditka
You know, there comes a point where you're not giving advice anymore. There comes a point where you're just moralizing, demonstrating your hypothetical superiority when it comes to doing the right thing. That's not very fucking helpful, you know. I'm holding my shit together right now, and rather than telling me that it's not enough, you could try to help me with the stuff I'm capable of.
- Cory Doctorow
Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.
- Peter Drucker
Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.
- Peter Drucker
I think we're doing the right things for the right reasons. We're not doing it to sell products. We're not doing it to be popular. We're doing it because in our judgment these stories are important to do, and at this length and this much depth.
- Bob Edwards
Sometimes you have to steer away from the crowd in order to be a better person. It's not always easy, that's for sure. But it's right. And sometimes doing the right thing feels good, even if it does end up in a trip to the principal's office.
- Simone Elkeles
What is the harm of doing the right thing? What is the harm of doing our job as legislators and making sure we do not stick the entire bankruptcy community with these provisions that do not make any sense?
- Russ Feingold
She was feeling the pressure of the world outside and she wanted to see him and feel his presence beside her and be reassured that she was doing the right thing after all.
- F Scott Fitzgerald
But then, in his lifetime, Halt had often ignored what was technically legal. Technicalities didn't appeal to him. All too often, they simply got in the way of doing the right thing.
- John Flanagan
Initiative is doing the right thing without being told.
- Victor Hugo
When you're caught up in the storm or, you know, just the turmoil of everything that there is another side and you do get through it. And you know, just standing by the truth and doing the right thing.
- Amber Frey
I am doing the right thing, he told himself, so why do I feel so bad?
- George R R Martin
Spider-Man has always been a symbol of goodness and doing the right thing and looking after your fellow man.
- Andrew Garfield
Every life has a watershed moment, an instant when you realize you're about to make a choice that will define everything else you ever do, and that if you choose wrong, there may not be that many things left to choose. Sometimes the wrong choice is the only one that lets you face the end with dignity, grace, and the awareness that you're doing the right thing.
I'm not sure we can recognize those moments until they've passed us.
- Mira Grant
...You may think you're doing the right thing, and hell, you may even be right, but when you don't let anyone watch over your shoulder, how the fuck are the rest of us supposed to know?
- Mira Grant
So I sit and endure the stares and the pangs and twinges of Catholic guilt, knowing that I am doing the right thing if I'm right, and the right thing even if I'm wrong. Being Catholic is hard. Being ex-Catholic is even harder.
- Pete Hautman
I am in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing.
- Louise L Hay
I believe I'm doing the right thing in trying to step away from that and to take chances and work on little independent films and do stuff like that wild dance scene.
- Patrick Warburton
Initiative is doing the right things without being told.
- Elbert Hubbard
Now, when we first started, I would be playing something good and then feel like I wasn't doing the right thing and launch into some idiotic cliche. Luckily for me, Bobby was patient.
- Charlie Hunter
You know, my family and friends have never been yes-men: 'Yes, you're doing the right thing, you're always right.' No, they tell me when I'm wrong, and that's why I've been able to stay who I am and stay humble.
- Lebron James
Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.
- Aldo Leopold
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- C S Lewis
Doing the right thing has power.
- Laura Linney
When you want to share something with another person more than anything, it is one of the most difficult things to realize that you can never have it. Accepting this realization is even more difficult. Loving someone does mean saying goodbye to them in some cases, though we will fight that until the oftentimes bitter end before doing the right thing.
- Ashly Lorenzana
So is that it? Will I have to live the rest of my life like this? Not doing the right thing? Not saying the right words?"
"That's your choice. You can't change the past. Ah, but the future...you own the future." The Greenman smiled. "So, you tell me...what choice do you want to make now?
- Jonathan Maberry
The idea that we cause harm by doing what we perceive to be the right thing, that's another theme that interests me. Because most people don't intend to cause harm, they cause harm by doing the right thing - in their mind.
- Andrew Mccarthy
Nobody thinks that they're evil or bad, they think that they're doing the right thing.
- Andrew Mccarthy
The one thing I have wanted to stay away from is the steroids. When I had an attack two years ago in my home state of Mississippi, they put me on steroids, thinking they were doing the right thing, and I had a violent reaction.
- Mary Ann Mobley
You've got all these books on self help, getting to know yourself, doing the right thing, eating the so-called right foods, even down to what books you have on your shelves. People are encouraged to look to themselves first as opposed to being a part of society.
- Samantha Morton
A hero sacrifices for the greater good. A hero is true to his or her conscience. In short, heroism means doing the right thing regardless of the consequences.
- Brandon Mull
In short, heroism means doing the right thing regardless of the consequences.
- Brandon Mull
Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.
- John D Rockefeller
Doing the right thing the wrong way is still the wrong thing.
- Jayce O Neal
For me, going vegan was an ethical and environmental decision. I'm doing the right thing by the animals.
- Alexandra Paul
Being trustworthy requires: Doing the right thing. And doing things right.
- Don Peppers
We're facing headwinds from Europe. Europe doing the right things here to stabilize their situation is important to our small businesses, our workers, the middle class here, and overall economy.
- David Plouffe
It's all very Italian (and decidedly un-American): to insist that doing the right thing is the most pleasurable thing, and that the act of consumption might be an act of addition rather than subtraction.
- Michael Pollan
There's a kind of luck that's not much more than being in the right place at the right time, a kind of inspiration that's not much more than doing the right thing in the right way, and both only really happen to you when you empty your heart of ambition, purpose, and plan; when you give yourself, completely, to the golden, fate-filled moment.
- Gregory David Roberts
Are some women and children going to die? Yeah. But it's doing the right thing. You got money, you sit around talking about peace. People who don't have money need some help.
- Kid Rock
There's so much negative imagery of black fatherhood. I've got tons of friends that are doing the right thing by their kids, and doing the right thing as a father - and how come that's not as newsworthy?
- Will Smith
It was more dangerous not to go; I was running the risk of becoming trapped in my own fantasies. So I was doing the right thing by going. She would behave normally, I would behave normally, and everything would be normal again.
- Bernhard Schlink
If you are doing the right thing for the earth, she's giving you great company.
- Vandana Shiva
I have a lot to learn about NASCAR. But I've learned if you have the right people in the right places doing the right things, you can be successful at whatever you do.
- Roger Staubach
Integrity is doing the right thing, even if no one is watching.
- Jim Stovall
If you have to do it, then you're doing the right thing.
- Kathy Valentine
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.
- J C Watts