While I take inspiration from the past, like most Americans, I live for the future.
- Ronald Reagan
I live for coincidences. They briefly give to me the illusion or the hope that there's a pattern to my life, and if there's a pattern, then maybe I'm moving toward some kind of destiny where it's all explained.
- Jonathan Ames
From then on, I realized this is what I want to do, what I'm supposed to do: Giving energy and receiving it back through applause. I love it. That's my world. I love it. I enjoy it. I live for it.
- Erykah Badu
I live for those who love me, for those who know me true, for the heaven so blue above me, and the good that I can do.
- George Linnaeus Banks
Sometimes I think I am going mad. I live for days in the mystery and tears of things so that the commonest object, the most familiar face- even my own- become ghostly, unreal, enigmatic. I get into an attitude of almost total scepticism, nescience, solipsism, in a world of dumb, sphinx-like things that cannot explain themselves. The discovery of how I am situated- a sentient being on a globe in space overshadows me. I wish I were just nothing.
- W N P Barbellion
Did you miss my job description? Or were you just not paying attention the day I busted heads on Olympus? Fucking with you people is what I do. It's what I live for and I'm really tired of you now. (ZT)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Any more bitching from the geriatric crew? What a bunch of old women. Should I hire another crewmate to change your bed diapers while I'm at it? Next time I'll let The League have you. Vik, I'm relinquishing control back to you. (Devyn)
It's what I live for. By the way, ye organic life forms aren't the only ones who've soiled themselves. Can I have a minute to attend my needs, Captain Asshole? (Vik)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
I live for a woman who scratches, just make sure to keep it on the back, baby, I dont like scars..
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
You both sicken me. (Markus)
It's what I live for...Father. Your eternal disgust succors me like mother's milk. (Fang)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Can you stand? (Aimee)
I'm not helpless. (Fang)
Oh, look! Mr. Macho is back in all his glory. Hello, Mr. Macho, it's so not good to see you again. But you know, Mr. Macho, that you've been bedridden to the point that your legs aren't used to carrying your weight and you're not really human. So if you want to get up and fall, gods forbid I do anything to stop it. After all, I live for America's Funniest Home Videos. Should I fetch a camcorder now? (Aimee)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Shut up. Asshole. (Shahara)
I live for your endearments. (Syn)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
We've come to kill Zarek of Moesia, and if you get in our way, little girl, we're going to kill you. (Otto)
I'll be damned. He speaks. Or rather growls. (Jess)
But not for long if he doesn't watch his mouth. For the record, Squire, it would take more man than you to even scratch me. (Syra)
I live for a woman who scratches. Just make sure you keep it on the back, baby. I don't like scars. (Otto)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Vik? You ready? (Devyn)
Your stupidity is what I live for, Captain. (Vik)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
I live for the present always. I accept this risk. I don't deny the past, but it's a page to turn.
- Juliette Binoche
I'm the god of funerals. I know every death custom in the worldhow to die properly, how to prepare the body and soul for the afterlife. I live for death."
"You must be fun at parties," I said.
- Rick Riordan
Why no aggressive action?" Foaly squirmed in a harness built for two-legged creatures. "Oh yes, why no aggressive action? How I long for aggressive action." "I live for aggressive action!" thundered Orion squeakily which was unusual. "Oh, how I pray that dragon will turn 'round that I may smite it." "Smite it with what?" wandered Foaly "Your secret birthmark?" "Don't you mock my birthmark, which I may or may not have.
- Eoin Colfer
I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.
- Princess Diana
What I've discovered is that in art, as in music, there's a lot of truth-and then there's a lie. The artist is essentially creating his work to make this lie a truth, but he slides it in amongst all the others. The tiny little lie is the moment I live for, my moment. It's the moment that the audience falls in love.
- Lady Gaga
therefore i live for today-
certain of finding at sunrise
guidance and strength for the way.
power for each moment of weakness,
hope for each moment of pain,
comfort for every sorrow,
sunshine and joy after rain!
- Billy Graham
Cecil reached for Dave, but Dave stepped back. "Dave, why are you doing this? You're not getting paid. Lovejoy called you off the case. You want the truth? You're compulsive. You can't leave it alone. You're like Adam Streeter, you know that? You live for danger."
"I live for justice," Dave said.
"Justice is a dream," Cecil scoffed, "a romantic ideal. Who the fuck gets justice in this life?(...)
- Joseph Hansen
If I live for another ten years I shall probably have written all that I want to write.
- Laurence Housman
I live for Pilates reformer class. I go at least three times a week. It's a great way to lengthen your muscles, stretch, and kind of relax your mind.
- Shawn Johnson
I live for the moment and love for eternity. I mean I'd like to, but I'm too impatient for either.
- Jarod Kintz
I hope that I live for a thousand years, and have a thousand daughters so that there will always be a woman who can curse your name.
- Lauren Kate
Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you
- Lemmy Kilmister
I live for being with the people I love and to live as happily as possible.
- Nastassja Kinski
I dont crave companionship. It stands in my way. I live for pleasure. There are few persons who can give me as much pleasure as those acts I perform myself. I would rather create pleasure according to my own whim than be subjected to the whims of others.
- Anton Lavey
So many people preach that they love fashion, but really it's what I live for!
- Lindsay Lohan
Fortunately for me, I'm still evolving into the person I'm supposed to be. And though they don't know it yet, and may not come to accept it, I'm done living by their protocols or anyone else's.
I'm the only one who will take credit for my successes. And I'm the only one who will take the blame for my mistakes.
From now on, I live for me.
- Megan Mccafferty
I exist for you. And I live for you. And I live to love you.
- Jamie Mcguire
There are lots of things which I would love to tell him, but in some way, I also feel that I lost the person closest to me. And I got a second chance to live. So in a way I feel that I live for both of us... and I will do my best.
- Petra Nemcova
I live for playing live. All my records are live, since After the Gold Rush, with the exception of Trans and the vocals on Landing on Water.
- Neil Young
If I be worthy, I live for my God to teach the heathen, even though they may despise me.
- Saint Patrick
A lover asked his beloved,
Do you love yourself more than you love me?
Beloved replied, I have died to myself and I live for you.
I've disappeared from myself and my attributes,
I am present only for you.
I've forgotten all my learnings,
but from knowing you I've become a scholar.
I've lost all my strength, but from your power I am able.
I love myself...I love you.
I love you...I love myself.
- Rumi
I don't ask myself what did I live for, said Carlene strongly. That is a man's question. I ask whom did I live for.
- Zadie Smith
I don't think of love in terms of relationships. It happens in terms of seconds, but it goes away like that, too. I pass a nurse, I love her, it ends when I go around a corner; at a restaurant I see a forlorn man at the table next to me, and I love him, and the conversation pulls me back, and it's ended. A patient comes in, and she is sick, and I love her, and then she dies, and I never see her again. This is what I live for. Don't think that it's sad.
- Patrick Somerville
I live for fashion.
- Anna Sui
I just drove past Brad Paisley jogging down the side of the road. I rolled down the window and screamed RUN FORREST RUN. I live for..... little moments.....like that.
- Taylor Swift
When he smiles at me, I feel like I'm sitting under a heat lamp. I live for the times when his fingers brush my leg at lunch, or when we pass in the hallways and he raises his eyebrows at me, like we have a secret. I should feel bad--and I do, most of the time--but how can I stop thinking about him when seeing his face makes me feel so alive?
- Melissa C Walker
Every walk that I do, there's obstacles in the way. There's always somebody or something that comes across negative, but I live for that sort of thing.
- Nik Wallenda
I live for my work, apart from my family who come first. And I live to tell stories and pretend to be other people, it's something I've been doing since I was 3 years old. Maybe it's because I'm intrinsically bored with myself, and I find other people more interesting.
- Jackie Weaver
- Ronald Reagan
I live for coincidences. They briefly give to me the illusion or the hope that there's a pattern to my life, and if there's a pattern, then maybe I'm moving toward some kind of destiny where it's all explained.
- Jonathan Ames
From then on, I realized this is what I want to do, what I'm supposed to do: Giving energy and receiving it back through applause. I love it. That's my world. I love it. I enjoy it. I live for it.
- Erykah Badu
I live for those who love me, for those who know me true, for the heaven so blue above me, and the good that I can do.
- George Linnaeus Banks
Sometimes I think I am going mad. I live for days in the mystery and tears of things so that the commonest object, the most familiar face- even my own- become ghostly, unreal, enigmatic. I get into an attitude of almost total scepticism, nescience, solipsism, in a world of dumb, sphinx-like things that cannot explain themselves. The discovery of how I am situated- a sentient being on a globe in space overshadows me. I wish I were just nothing.
- W N P Barbellion
Did you miss my job description? Or were you just not paying attention the day I busted heads on Olympus? Fucking with you people is what I do. It's what I live for and I'm really tired of you now. (ZT)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Any more bitching from the geriatric crew? What a bunch of old women. Should I hire another crewmate to change your bed diapers while I'm at it? Next time I'll let The League have you. Vik, I'm relinquishing control back to you. (Devyn)
It's what I live for. By the way, ye organic life forms aren't the only ones who've soiled themselves. Can I have a minute to attend my needs, Captain Asshole? (Vik)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
I live for a woman who scratches, just make sure to keep it on the back, baby, I dont like scars..
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
You both sicken me. (Markus)
It's what I live for...Father. Your eternal disgust succors me like mother's milk. (Fang)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Can you stand? (Aimee)
I'm not helpless. (Fang)
Oh, look! Mr. Macho is back in all his glory. Hello, Mr. Macho, it's so not good to see you again. But you know, Mr. Macho, that you've been bedridden to the point that your legs aren't used to carrying your weight and you're not really human. So if you want to get up and fall, gods forbid I do anything to stop it. After all, I live for America's Funniest Home Videos. Should I fetch a camcorder now? (Aimee)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Shut up. Asshole. (Shahara)
I live for your endearments. (Syn)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
We've come to kill Zarek of Moesia, and if you get in our way, little girl, we're going to kill you. (Otto)
I'll be damned. He speaks. Or rather growls. (Jess)
But not for long if he doesn't watch his mouth. For the record, Squire, it would take more man than you to even scratch me. (Syra)
I live for a woman who scratches. Just make sure you keep it on the back, baby. I don't like scars. (Otto)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Vik? You ready? (Devyn)
Your stupidity is what I live for, Captain. (Vik)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
I live for the present always. I accept this risk. I don't deny the past, but it's a page to turn.
- Juliette Binoche
I'm the god of funerals. I know every death custom in the worldhow to die properly, how to prepare the body and soul for the afterlife. I live for death."
"You must be fun at parties," I said.
- Rick Riordan
Why no aggressive action?" Foaly squirmed in a harness built for two-legged creatures. "Oh yes, why no aggressive action? How I long for aggressive action." "I live for aggressive action!" thundered Orion squeakily which was unusual. "Oh, how I pray that dragon will turn 'round that I may smite it." "Smite it with what?" wandered Foaly "Your secret birthmark?" "Don't you mock my birthmark, which I may or may not have.
- Eoin Colfer
I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.
- Princess Diana
What I've discovered is that in art, as in music, there's a lot of truth-and then there's a lie. The artist is essentially creating his work to make this lie a truth, but he slides it in amongst all the others. The tiny little lie is the moment I live for, my moment. It's the moment that the audience falls in love.
- Lady Gaga
therefore i live for today-
certain of finding at sunrise
guidance and strength for the way.
power for each moment of weakness,
hope for each moment of pain,
comfort for every sorrow,
sunshine and joy after rain!
- Billy Graham
Cecil reached for Dave, but Dave stepped back. "Dave, why are you doing this? You're not getting paid. Lovejoy called you off the case. You want the truth? You're compulsive. You can't leave it alone. You're like Adam Streeter, you know that? You live for danger."
"I live for justice," Dave said.
"Justice is a dream," Cecil scoffed, "a romantic ideal. Who the fuck gets justice in this life?(...)
- Joseph Hansen
If I live for another ten years I shall probably have written all that I want to write.
- Laurence Housman
I live for Pilates reformer class. I go at least three times a week. It's a great way to lengthen your muscles, stretch, and kind of relax your mind.
- Shawn Johnson
I live for the moment and love for eternity. I mean I'd like to, but I'm too impatient for either.
- Jarod Kintz
I hope that I live for a thousand years, and have a thousand daughters so that there will always be a woman who can curse your name.
- Lauren Kate
Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you
- Lemmy Kilmister
I live for being with the people I love and to live as happily as possible.
- Nastassja Kinski
I dont crave companionship. It stands in my way. I live for pleasure. There are few persons who can give me as much pleasure as those acts I perform myself. I would rather create pleasure according to my own whim than be subjected to the whims of others.
- Anton Lavey
So many people preach that they love fashion, but really it's what I live for!
- Lindsay Lohan
Fortunately for me, I'm still evolving into the person I'm supposed to be. And though they don't know it yet, and may not come to accept it, I'm done living by their protocols or anyone else's.
I'm the only one who will take credit for my successes. And I'm the only one who will take the blame for my mistakes.
From now on, I live for me.
- Megan Mccafferty
I exist for you. And I live for you. And I live to love you.
- Jamie Mcguire
There are lots of things which I would love to tell him, but in some way, I also feel that I lost the person closest to me. And I got a second chance to live. So in a way I feel that I live for both of us... and I will do my best.
- Petra Nemcova
I live for playing live. All my records are live, since After the Gold Rush, with the exception of Trans and the vocals on Landing on Water.
- Neil Young
If I be worthy, I live for my God to teach the heathen, even though they may despise me.
- Saint Patrick
A lover asked his beloved,
Do you love yourself more than you love me?
Beloved replied, I have died to myself and I live for you.
I've disappeared from myself and my attributes,
I am present only for you.
I've forgotten all my learnings,
but from knowing you I've become a scholar.
I've lost all my strength, but from your power I am able.
I love myself...I love you.
I love you...I love myself.
- Rumi
I don't ask myself what did I live for, said Carlene strongly. That is a man's question. I ask whom did I live for.
- Zadie Smith
I don't think of love in terms of relationships. It happens in terms of seconds, but it goes away like that, too. I pass a nurse, I love her, it ends when I go around a corner; at a restaurant I see a forlorn man at the table next to me, and I love him, and the conversation pulls me back, and it's ended. A patient comes in, and she is sick, and I love her, and then she dies, and I never see her again. This is what I live for. Don't think that it's sad.
- Patrick Somerville
I live for fashion.
- Anna Sui
I just drove past Brad Paisley jogging down the side of the road. I rolled down the window and screamed RUN FORREST RUN. I live for..... little moments.....like that.
- Taylor Swift
When he smiles at me, I feel like I'm sitting under a heat lamp. I live for the times when his fingers brush my leg at lunch, or when we pass in the hallways and he raises his eyebrows at me, like we have a secret. I should feel bad--and I do, most of the time--but how can I stop thinking about him when seeing his face makes me feel so alive?
- Melissa C Walker
Every walk that I do, there's obstacles in the way. There's always somebody or something that comes across negative, but I live for that sort of thing.
- Nik Wallenda
I live for my work, apart from my family who come first. And I live to tell stories and pretend to be other people, it's something I've been doing since I was 3 years old. Maybe it's because I'm intrinsically bored with myself, and I find other people more interesting.
- Jackie Weaver
Comments
Post a Comment