Skip to main content

The Reason Quotes

This I know for a fact: the reason African women have children is so that there's someone else to do the housework.
- Ben Aaronovitch

I like a good story well told. That is the reason I am sometimes forced to tell them myself.
- Mark Twain

Paranoia is an illness I contracted in institutions. It is not the reason for my sentences to reform school and prison. It is the effect, not the cause.
- Jack Henry Abbott

The very essence of rationalism is that it assumes that the reason is the highest faculty in man and the lord of all the rest.
- Lyman Abbott

Religion is not a conclusion of the reason.
- Lyman Abbott

The reason can only be this: heroic poetry depends on an heroic age, and an age is heroic because of what it is, not because of what it does.
- Lascelles Abercrombie

Human empathy, while not found on any chart of human anatomy, is the reason we instinctively hurt for our children... it is the reason that one human being's intensely personal tests and triumphs can be harnessed to the good of countless others.
- Keith Ablow

I don't believe in killing whatever the reason!
- John Lennon

The last four or five hundred years of European contact with Africa produced a body of literature that presented Africa in a very bad light and Africans in very lurid terms. The reason for this had to do with the need to justify the slave trade and slavery.
- Chinua Achebe

One of the reasons I think the ultra right-wing has such power in this country is that no one talks out.
- Kathy Acker

I do not know what is happening. The reason of my waking mind tells me that great evil has befallen and we stand at the end of days. But my heart says nay; and all my limbs are light, and a hope and joy are come to me that no reason can deny. I do not believe that darkness will endure!
- J R R Tolkien

Celtic 'is a magic bag, into which anything may be put, and out of which almost anything may come... Anything is possible in the fabulous Celtic twilight, which is not so much a twilight of the gods as of the reason.
- J R R Tolkien

I'm a scientist and I know what constitutes proof. But the reason I call myself by my childhood name is to remind myself that a scientist must also be absolutely like a child. If he sees a thing, he must say that he sees it, whether it was what he thought he was going to see or not. See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you were expecting. Most scientists forget that.
- Douglas Adams

But the reason I call myself by my childhood name is to remind myself that a scientist must also be absolutely like a child. If he sees a thing, he must say that he sees it, whether it was what he thought he was going to see or not. See first, think later, then test. But always see first. Otherwise you will only see what you were expecting.
- Douglas Adams

You're the reason I breathe
- Darynda Jones

I just got tired of being sick and tired and feeling down. Unfortunately, you don't realize this until you're getting sober but the reason why you're depressed all the time is it's the drugs that are depressing you.
- Steven Adler

I mean that the reason God seems to act in ways that make no sense to us is that our perceptions are wrong. Our expectations are subtly twisted. We long for things that harm us and run from the things that grow and heal us. We think good is bad and bad is good. God acts rightly, but to us, it seems confusing. Or sometimes plain wrong.
- Tessa Afshar

Twice we stood beside each other at the altar, Rosie. Twice. And twice
we got it wrong. I needed you to be there for my wedding day but I was too
stupid to see that I needed you to be the reason for my wedding day. But we
got it all wrong.
- Cecelia Ahern

I'm trying to make some sense out of the phrase "Everything happens for a reason," and I think I've figured out what the reason is - to pissed me off.
- Cecelia Ahern

Writing in English is the most ingenious torture ever devised for sins committed in previous lives. The English reading public explains the reason why.
- James Joyce

I do not believe, given her past decisions and comments on the reasons to go to war in Iraq, that Dr. Rice will be able to represent the United States without a predetermined bias from the war.
- Daniel Akaka

There are five people you meet in heaven," the Blue Man suddenly said. "Each of us was in your life for a reason. You may not have known the reason at the time, and that is what heaven is for. For understanding your life on earth.
- Mitch Albom

There are 5 ppl you meet in heaven. Each of us was in your life for a reason. You may not have known the reason at the time, and that is what heaven is for. For understanding your life on earth. This is the greatest gift God can give to you: to understand what happened in your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for.
- Mitch Albom

Each of us was in your life for a reason. You may not have known the reason at the time, and that is what heaven is for. For understanding your life on earth.
- Mitch Albom

The reason why people fail to achieve their dreams is because they stop pursuing them.
- Paulo Coelho

If I had a choice, if I had understood earlier that the reason my days were all the same was because I wanted them like that, perhaps..
- Paulo Coelho

- Of course, and the reason is very simple: routines give them the false sensation of being safe. Thus, today will be exactly like yesterday, and tomorrow will bring no surprises. When night falls, part of the soul complains that nothing different was experienced, but another part is content - paradoxically, it is for the same reason.
- Paulo Coelho

He knows that the gazelle's power lies in its strong legs. The power of the seagull
lies in the accuracy with which it can spear a fish. He has learned that the reason
the tiger does not fear the hyena is because he is aware of his own strength.
- Paulo Coelho

- Certainly. But take this into consideration: of every ten problems we have, nine are created by our own selves - through guilt, self-punishment, self-pity. However, from time to time a great obstacle appears in our path, which was put there by God, and which is there for a reason. The reason is: to give us the opportunity to change everything, to move forwards.
- Paulo Coelho

Where are they written?"
"In the world around us. Merely be attentive to what happens in your life, and you will discover where, every moment of the day, He hides His words and His will. Seek to do as He asks: this alone is the reason you are in the world."
"If I discover it, I'll write it on clay tablets."
"Do so. But write them, above all, in your heart; there they can neither burned nor destroyed, and you will take them wherever you go.
- Paulo Coelho

I write from my soul. This is the reason that critics don't hurt me, because it is me. If it was not me, if I was pretending to be someone else, then this could unbalance my world, but I know who I am.
- Paulo Coelho

- God will help us - said the holy man. - But first let us understand the reason for these pains. I suggest Your Majesty confesses now, for confession makes men face up to their problems, and liberates much guilt.
- Paulo Coelho

Once upon a time there were two sisters. One of them was really, really strong, and one of them wasn't.' You looked at me. 'Your turn.'
I rolled my eyes. 'The strong sister went outside into the rain and realized the reason she was strong was because she was made out of iron, but it was raining and she rusted. The end.'
No, because the sister who wasn't strong went outside into the rain when it was raining, and hugged her really tight until the sun came out again.
- Jodi Picoult

Turn around, and the people you thought you knew might change. Your little boy might now live half a world away. Your beautiful daughter might be sneaking out at night. Your ex-husband might by dying by degrees. This is the reason that dancers learn, early on, how to spot while doing pirouettes: we all want to be able to find the place where we started.
- Jodi Picoult

He is dark and quiet and completely different from me, which is exactly why I should put distance between us. But it is also the reason I find him so fascinating.
- Jodi Picoult

I don't belong to a religion. Religion's the reason the world's falling apart..." That's what religion does. It points a finger. It causes wars. It breaks apart countries. It's a petri dish for stereotypes to grow in. Religion's not about being holy," Shay said. "Just holier-than-thou.
- Jodi Picoult

This was the reason there was music, he realized. There were some feelings that didn't have words big enough to describe them.
- Jodi Picoult

I believed the reason there was a God was to prevent such atrocities from happening to the same person twice. But nothing prepared me for this: I have done what I've sworn I could never do; I have become my own nightmare... I have lost control.
- Jodi Picoult

I think the reason these readers come back to me is because I represent their points of view. It may not be my point of view, but that's OK. Everyone still deserves to have their say.
- Jodi Picoult

I should have cause to be proud of this year's work;' and Mrs. Jo sat smiling over her book as she built castles in the air, just as she used to when she was a girl, only then they were for herself, and now they were for other people, which is the reason perhaps that some of them came to pass in reality for charity is an excellent foundation to build anything upon.
- Louisa May Alcott

...Mrs. Jo sat smiling over her book as she built castles in the air, just as she used to do when a girl, only then they were for herself, and now they were for other people, which is the reason perhaps that some of them came to pass in reality for charity is an excellent foundation to build anything upon.
- Louisa May Alcott

So you're trying to make her happy despite the fact that the reason she's unhappy in the first place is you," said Simon. "That seems contradictory, doesn't it?"
"Love is a contradiction," said Jace.
- Cassandra Clare

In Will's experience, when someone who ought to be afraid wasn't, the reason was rarely bravery. Usually it meant that they knew something you didn't.
- Cassandra Clare

The inability to open up to hope is what blocks trust, and blocked trust is the reason for blighted dreams.
- Elizabeth Gilbert

When Grandma Mazur is talking about the reason for the improved play of her 91-year-old bowling teammate, she said:
She's doing better now that we got her the longer tubing to her oxygen tank.
- Janet Evanovich

The reason I went for Jenny Craig is I thought, Maybe I'm not the only one who has stupid reasons for getting fat.
- Kirstie Alley

Maybe it explains the reason why one person likes another. It's because their souls both thrum at the same frequency.
- Mary Amato

That's probably half the reason I wanted to be in a band - I wanted to see the world.
- Jeff Ament

I can't tell you where a poem comes from, what it is, or what it is for: nor can any other man. The reason I can't tell you is that the purpose of a poem is to go past telling, to be recognised by burning.
- A R Ammons

Dear Livia McHugh
I'll be your husband. I'll be nothing but yours for the rest of forever. A single, simple day with you is something I'll refuse to take for granted. You have been the reason my heart beats since the moment I saw you, long before your hands actually had to do the job for me. Sleep in my arms. Wake up by my side. My beautiful love, be my wife and make me the happiest man. And I will never, ever lose count. Love always, Blake Hartt
- Debra Anastasia

Japanese traditional architecture is created based on these conditions. This is the reason you have a very high degree of connection between the outside and inside in architecture.
- Tadao Ando

The reason men are so awful is because some woman has spoiled them.
- Larry Mcmurtry

At the end of the rainbow waited the pot of gold. But rainbows were made of faint and fragile gossamer-and gold weighed a ton-and since the world began, gold was the reason to do most anything.
- Virginia C Andrews

Doesn't your learning reveal to you that the reason why I please you and mean so much to you is because I am a kind of looking-glass for you, because there is something in me that answers you and understands you? Really, we ought all to be such looking-glasses to each other and answer and correspond to each other.
Steppenwolf
- Hermann Hesse

Tragedy is restful: and the reason is that hope, that foul, deceitful thing, has no part in it.
- Jean Anouilh

I just became a vegetable for three months. I couldn't talk to people. I was very ill and that was part of the reason I left college.
- Adam Ant

One of the reasons to do documentaries is that. There's more sense of creating something, more sense of my own soul in the documentaries than in movies, because I don't write the movies I do.
- Michael Apted

I have 40 years of unpublished material, the ones they don't pick, and the reason I don't redraw them or use them again is that I like to use my brain every day and come up with new jokes.
- Sergio Aragones

The reason I love comics more than anything else is that the longest story will be just a few pages. With a novel, it takes so many pages to get to one thing happening.
- Sergio Aragones

That was the reasoning behind learning to play bass, and then after that it was more like it was neat to play songs together - for me to play bass and for him to play guitar.
- Tom Araya

True opinions are a fine thing and do all sorts of good so long as they stay in their place; but they will not stay long. They run away from a man's mind, so they are not worth much until you tether them by working out the reason. Once they are tied down, they become knowledge, and are stable.
- Plato

God,he'll kill me if he ever finds out I told you.But you need to know it, and it's not right to keep it from you.Lucy, Heath never planned to stay in Massachusetts for more than a few months.It was all because of you that he stayed.You're the reason he bought the house in Concord and eventually the Examiner. You're the reason he decided to live in New England instead of going back to the South.
- Lisa Kleypas

It's like this article I read the other day about the decline of the firefly population. One of the reasons they're disappearing is because of modern artificial lighting. Fireflies can't find the signals of their mates, because they're so distracted by porch lights, streetlamps, illuminated sign letters...You think you've found the perfect mate and you head for him, blinking as fast as you can, and then you find out he's a Bic lighter.
- Lisa Kleypas

meg cabot "Life isn't a romance novel. The truth is, the reason romance novels sell so well ---- the reason why everyone loves them ---- is because no one's life is actually like that. Everyone WANTS their life to be like that."
-Meg Cabot
- Meg Cabot

For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all.
- Aristotle

The mind becomes accustomed to things by the habitual sight of them, and neither wonders nor inquires about the reasons for things it sees all the time.
- Quintus Tullius Cicero

For books are more than books, they are the life, the very heart and core of ages past, the reason why men worked and died, the essence and quintessence of their lives.
- Quintus Tullius Cicero

One of the reasons why when Elvis dies or the Son of Sam is captured ABC News' ratings go up is because people who don't normally watch news are watching then. The question is, do you want to attract people who don't watch network news or fight over the people who do?
- Roone Arledge

But if you cover the World Series on the news or do a feature on an Ali boxing match then all of a sudden ears go up all over the place and people say what the hell are you doing. The reason for that is that we're doing something that people are really interested in.
- Roone Arledge

Now I think one of the reasons why religion developed in the way that it did over the centuries was precisely to curb this murderous bent that we have as human beings.
- Karen Armstrong

I hope you're ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why.
- Jay Asher

Well, for the reasons I mention above, although I am not sure the live shows were really so brilliant - but nobody could hear much so perhaps it did not matter! It was certainly a very exciting time for us all.
- Peter Asher

Okay," I started, "perhaps at this juncture we should discuss our
relationship."
"Clue in again, Gwen, the reason our relationship is the way it is, is
so I don't ever have to waste my fuckin' time doin' stupid-ass shit
like discussing it."
Oh boy. Now I was getting really angry.
- Kristen Ashley

I remember everything about you and I remember all the reasons why I loved you. Never could forget even when I tried."
..
"Who knows, baby? We had all that time together, I coulda got used to it, learned to take it for granted." His arms gave me a squeeze. "Now, that'll never happen
- Kristen Ashley

1988 I also received from the city of Vienna the cross of honour for art and science. These titles and the various honors mean a great deal to me, most of all for the reason that they would mean a great deal to my parents too.
- Leon Askin

I guess one of the reasons I'm doing the Poe piece is that I think Poe demonstrates that no matter how difficult things are, if you continue to move forward in life, you can eventually become victorious, even if it's later in life.
- John Astin

I've been a scuba diver since I was 16 and I think that was one of the reasons they chose me.
- Christopher Atkins

Aubrey's voice when he answered was soft. I'm one of the reasons they wouldn't dare.
- Amelia Atwater Rhodes

Glen used to say the reason you can't really imagine yourself being dead was that as soon as you say, 'I'll be dead,' you've said the word I, and so you're still alive inside the sentence. And that's how people got the idea of the immortality of the soul - it was a consequence of grammar.
- Margaret Atwood

Glenn used to say the reason you can't really imagine yourself being dead was that as soon as you say, 'I'll be dead,' you've said the word 'I,' and so you're still alive inside the sentence. And that's how people got the idea of the immortality of the soulit was a consequence of grammar.
- Margaret Atwood

The reason they invented coffins, to lock the dead in, preserve them, they put makeup on them; they didn't want them spreading or changing into anything else. The stone with the name and date was on them to weight them down.
- Margaret Atwood

The reason for the unreason with which you treat my reason , so weakens my reason that with reason I complain of your beauty.
- Miguel De Cervantes Saavedra

The men of experiment are like the ant, they only collect and use; the reasoners resemble spiders, who make cobwebs out of their own substance. But the bee takes the middle course: it gathers its material from the flowers of the garden and field, but transforms and digests it by a power of its own.
- Francis Bacon

For outward show is a wonderful perverter of the reason.
- Marcus Aurelius

A man should always have these two rules in readiness. First, to do only what the reason of your ruling and legislating faculties suggest for the service of man. Second, to change your opinion whenever anyone at hand sets you right and unsettles you in an opinion, but this change of opinion should come only because you are persuaded that something is just or to the public advantage, not because it appears pleasant or increases your reputation.
- Marcus Aurelius

The reason many people in our society are miserable, sick, and highly stressed is because of an unhealthy attachment to things they have no control over.
- Steve Maraboli

How quick come the reasons for approving what we like!
- Jane Austen

Upon my word, Emma, to hear you abusing the reason you have, is almost enough to make me think so too. Better be without sense than misapply it as you do.
- Jane Austen

The reason is that till date, in spite of advances in information technology and strategies of information, the written word in the form of books still remains one of humanity's most enduring legacies.
- Ibrahim Babangida

Many of us are alarmed at the skyrocketing cost of medical care, including patients, who are the consumers. However, medical malpractice is not the reason for these increasing costs.
- Joe Baca

At last, the answer why. The lesson that had been so hard to find, so difficult to learn, came quick and clear and simple. The reason for problems is to overcome them. Why, that's the very nature of man, I thought, to press past limits, to prove his freedom. It isn't the challenge that faces us, that determines who we are and what we are becoming, but the way we meet the challenge, whether we toss a match at the wreck or work our way through it, step by step, to freedom.
- Richard Bach

Jonathan Seagull discovered that boredom and fear and anger are the reasons that a gull's life is so short, and with those gone from his thought, he lived a long fine life indeed.
- Richard Bach

Another two-bowl morning? - Damien Maslin asking Zoey Redbird if her love of cereal was the reason she was almost late for Vamp Soc class
- P C Cast

And I figured out that the reason I couldn't get through the day as well as I can now is because I had too many things on my mind, on my plate, you know, for one person to have. So I started to eliminate some of the things that were too heavy to carry and unnecessary.
- Erykah Badu

The abdomen is the reason why man does not readily take himself to be a god.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

The belly is the reason why man does not mistake himself for a god.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

The reason that there are so few good books written is that so few people who write know anything.
- Walter Bagehot

The reason why so few good books are written is that so few people who can write know anything.
- Walter Bagehot

My weaknesses are my jumps. The reason is that although I land them in practice, when I actually compete or perform, I should let my body go and stabilize my mind better. Also, I need to work on not letting negative thoughts and emotions get to me on the ice.
- Oksana Baiul

The reason people think it's important to be white is that they think it's important not to be black.
- James Baldwin

hatred, which could destroy so much, never failed to destroy the one who hated, and this is an immutable law...i imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense that once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
- James Baldwin

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
- James Baldwin

I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
- James A Baldwin

The reason of the close concurrence between the individual's progress and that of the race appears, therefore, when we remember the dependence of each upon the other.
- James M Baldwin

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is they trade what they want most for what they want at the moment.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Why can't these American women stay in their own country? They are always telling us that it is the paradise for women.
It is. That is the reason why, like Eve, they are so excessively anxious to get out of it.
- Oscar Wilde

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.
- Oscar Wilde

There are works which wait, and which one does not understand for a long time; the reason is that they bring answers to questions which have not yet been raised; for the question often arrives a terribly long time after the answer.
- Oscar Wilde

The reason my kids come to the set is so I can actually see them.
- Eric Bana

I mean it's easier to be in a demonstration if it's a trip that's one of the reasons why the whole thing fell apart in 1971, because it wasn't a trip any longer.
- Lester Bangs

The reason sport is attractive to many of the general public is that it's filled with reversals. What you think may happen doesn't happen. A champion is beaten, an unknown becomes a champion.
- Roger Bannister

The reason good women like me and flock to my pictures is that there is a little bit of vampire instinct in every woman.
- Theda Bara

Nothing happens carelessly. We're not brought into the world without reason, even though we may never understand the reason. An infant that lives an hour, that dies before it can lay eyes on those who made it, even that soul did not live without purpose: this is my sudden certainty.
- Clive Barker

They seem to have forgotten that, and are back saying the only purpose of P2P networks is for illegal trading of owned goods. We claim part of the reason for P2P is for legal trading of what ought to be in public domain. And what is in public domain in many cases.
- John Perry Barlow

She was nervous about the future; it made her indelicate. She was one of the most unimportantly wicked women of her time --because she could not let her time alone, and yet could never be a part of it. She wanted to be the reason for everything and so was the cause of nothing. She had the fluency of tongue and action meted out by divine providence to those who cannot think for themselves. She was the master of the over-sweet phrase, the over-tight embrace.
- Djuna Barnes

Leave it to you...look, the reason I'm calling is I have a colleague here in my office who has something we need you to take a look at I personally have never seen anything like it, and I think from a historic point of view you'd be very interested in it, too. Any chance we can stop by?...Yeah, it's some really old shit nice phraseology, by the way.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Oh yeah, Scooby, it does. You and I have gone round many a day. I'm the reason you keep thinking you've had alien abductions. (Caleb)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

He was the captain of the chess club and an A-plus student." Nick
"Why would anyone think he's a demon?" Tate
"The world is insane, and you're asking me for the reasoning of a psycho? I'm not a profiler." Acheron
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

She's awfully fond of Wendy,' he said to himself. He was angry with her now for not seeing why she could not have Wendy.
The reason was so simple: 'I'm fond of her too. We can't both have her, lady.
- James M Barrie

The reason birds can fly and we can't is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.
- James M Barrie

That's the reason they're called lessons, because they lesson from day to day.
- Lewis Carroll

And how many hours a day did you do lessons?' said Alice, in a hurry to change the subject.
Ten hours the first day,' said the Mock Turtle: 'nine the next, and so on.'
What a curious plan!' exclaimed Alice.
That's the reason they're called lessons,' the Gryphon remarked: 'because they lessen from day to day.
- Lewis Carroll

He felt a momentary pang of regret that he had not spent more time with his beloved wife. But it passed when he remembered that the reason he'd gone to sea in the first place was that he had never really liked his beloved wife.
- Dave Barry

If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be 'meetings.'
- Dave Barry

The French call mot juste the word that exactly fits. Why is this word so hard to find? The reasons are many. First, we don't always know what we mean and are too lazy too find out.
- Jacques Barzun

The question is not... if art is enough to fulfill my life, but if I am true to the path I have set for myself, if I am the best I can be in the things I do. Am I living up to the reasons I became a singer in the first place?
- Kathleen Battle

Like a morning dream, life becomes more and more bright the longer we live, and the reason of everything appears more clear. What has puzzled us before seems less mysterious, and the crooked paths look straighter as we approach the end.
- Jean Paul

One of the reasons I wanted to teach deaf children was because it made me very sad that they spoke so clumsily and that they moved with less grace that I knew was possible of deaf people.
- Stephanie Beacham

One of these people was a girl who exemplified everything I could ever come up with to want. We grew very close very quickly and revealed dreams and compared fears and mocked gently and occasionally told lies, but nothing bad. The sex, I'm sorry, Dad, but the sex was unlike anything I believed might someplace exist. I remember lying with her in bed and touching her thigh and thinking, My God. This is the reason I grew hands in the first place.
- Kyle Beachy

This has always been a man's world, and none of the reasons that have been offered in explanation have seemed adequate.
- Simone De Beauvoir

We know the truth, not only by the reason, but also by the heart.
- Blaise Pascal

People are generally better persuaded by the reasons which they have themselves discovered than by those which have come in to the mind of others.
- Blaise Pascal

It is the heart which perceives God and not the reason. That is what faith is: God perceived by the heart, not by the reason.
- Blaise Pascal

For instance, I never complained that my birthday was overlooked; people were even surprised, with a touch of admiration, by my discretion on this subject. But the reason for my disinterestedness was even more discreet: I longed to be forgotten in order to be able to complain to myself... Once my solitude was thoroughly proved, I could surrender to the charms of a virile self-pity.
- Albert Camus

The reasoning is classic in its clarity. If God does not exist, Kirilov is god. If God does not exist, Kirilov must kill himself. Kirilov must therefore kill himself to become god. That logic is absurd, but it is what is needed.
- Albert Camus

I love scoring goals for England and playing for England. That's one of the reasons I didn't retire - I love playing for my country.
- David Beckham

I believe the reason I love painting so much is that it forces one to be objective.
- Max Beckmann

I believe that the reason why I love painting so much is that it forces one to be objective. There is nothing I hate more than sentimentality.
- Max Beckmann

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
- Lemony Snicket

We're in a tightening cycle and the reason is the economy is growing, there's no expectation that the global economy and the Polish economy as a consequence could slow down dramatically.
- Marek Belka

Fella says today, 'Depression is over. I seen a jackrabbit, an' they wasn't nobody after him.' An' another fella says, 'That aint the reason. Can't afford to kill jackrabbits no more. Catch 'em and milk 'em an' turn 'em loose. One you seen prob'ly gone dry.
- John Steinbeck

I think one of the reasons I'm popular again is because I'm wearing a tie. You have to be different.
- Tony Bennett

But I didn't walk a single step. I stopped a lot to stretch, but I never walked. I didn't come here to walk. I came to run. That's the reason-the only reason-I flew all the way to the northern tip of Japan. No matter how slow I might run, I wasn't about to walk. That was the rule.
- Haruki Murakami

...we ask: Why suicide? We search for reasons, causes, and so on.... We follow the course of the life he has now so suddenly terminated as far back as we can. For days we are preoccupied with the question: Why suicide? We recollect details. And yet we must say that everything in the suicide's life- for now we know that all his life he was a suicide, led a suicide's existence- is part of the cause, the reason, for his suicide.
- Thomas Bernhard

I have tons of regrets, but I think that's one of the reasons that push people to create things. Out of their angst, their regret, comes the best from artists, painters and writers.
- Sylvester Stallone

The reason why truth is so hard to be revealed
is because there are so many current practices
that would soon turn into a great history of bullshit.
- Toba Beta

The old resists the new one.
'Change hurts' is the reason.
- Toba Beta

That's part of the reason I called the album 'Shoot From The Hip.' I did feel it was time to open up more.
- Sophie Ellis Bextor

Folks, you're the reason that the automobile industry is back. Whether it was the wage freezes, the plant closures, folks, you sacrificed to keep your companies open. Because of your productivity, the combined auto companies have committed to invest another $23 billion in expansion in America.
- Joe Biden

He had known so much about her once -what she thought, how she felt, the reasons for her actions. And now he only knew that he loved her, and all the other knowledge seemed passing from him just as he needed it most.
- E M Forster

He realized that he agonized over everything all the time, and he admitted that part of the problem in the Carter game had been his own lack of belief in his abilities. He knew the reason why he was like this, that it was the price he paid for carefully watching out for himself ever since he had been a little boy. 'I've never taken a chance in life,' he said. 'I need to run in front of traffic bucknacked and get arrested.
- H G Bissinger

The reason I do interviews is because I'm protecting my songs.
- Bjork

I'm one of those people that thinks things happen for a reason, and you just have to look for the reason.
- Clint Black

And Barron is probably rightwe should give this up. Not for the reason he's saying but for the one that's implied. The one about it not being okay to lurk around outside buildings, spying on girls you like.
- Holly Black

The reason it takes us from November the second to December the sixth to certify is because we have a very tedious, very comprehensive process where we audit by precinct, across the state, every vote that was cast to make sure that every vote that was legally cast is counted.
- Kenneth Blackwell

One of the reasons I don't have kids is because I think people would have been very unfair to them. Think of it. You're still asking me questions about The Exorcist.
- Linda Blair

Unemployment in America today is too high. And part of the reason, unfortunately, is that many companies cannot fill the high-skilled jobs increasingly at risk of going overseas.
- Michael Bloomberg

These endless legal challenges that define elections in New York are a joke in this country, and they are the reason why it is so expensive, or one of the reasons, it's so expensive to run here and why so many people decide not to run.
- Michael Bloomberg

Mr. Speaker, in the years since we enacted our attack against Iraq, the threat from Iran has only grown more difficult, and our capacity to meet that threat actually has diminished. It is one of the reasons many of us opposed that action against Iraq.
- Earl Blumenauer

To be old is to be part of a huge and ordinary multitude... the reason why old age was venerated in the past was because it was extraordinary.
- Ronald Blythe

It's pretty clear that over the last three months the economy has paused. And it's also pretty clear the American people are still demanding and asking the question, 'Where are the jobs?' And the reason we don't have new jobs is because of the job-killing agenda pursued by President Obama and his allies in the Congress.
- John Boehner

The actors are in control, getting outrageous amounts of money. The reason they're getting this kind of money is because the studios don't know what else to do. They don't have a clue about what to do except to pay an actor a lot of money.
- Peter Bogdanovich

The reason that MGM hired Bobby for Our Gang was that they could look at him and say, cry, and he'd cry, and not many kids can do that unless they really want to cry.
- Tommy Bond

Essentially, I'm a very real person; good and bad. And the public image is one of being very good, I suppose. But one of the reasons I'm attracted to people like Martin Luther King, Jr., Gandhi, Christ, to pacifism, is because naturally, I'm the guy that would not turn the other cheek - but, when people see you're attracted to that, they think you are that.
- Bono

Speed. O jest unseen, inscrutable, invisible,
As a nose on a man's face, or a weathercock on a steeple!
My master sues to her, and she hath taught her suitor,
He being her pupil, to become her tutor.
O excellent device! was there ever heard a better,
That my master, being scribe, to himself should write the letter?
Valentine. How now, sir? what are you reasoning with yourself?
Speed. Nay, I was rhyming: 'tis you that have the reason.
- William Shakespeare

No sooner met but they looked; no sooner looked but they loved; no sooner loved but they sighed; no sooner sighed but they asked one another the reason; no sooner knew the reason but they sought the remedy; and in these degrees have they made a pair of stairs to marriage..
- William Shakespeare

Love is merely a madness; and, I tell you, deserves as well a dark house and a whip as madmen do; and the reason why they are not so punish'd and cured is that the lunacy is so
ordinary that the whippers are in love too.
- William Shakespeare

I am glad I was up so late, for that's the reason I was up so early.
- William Shakespeare

I don't look at my victims at the moment of his or her death. The reason for that is that everyone, probably Adolf Hitler in his time, looks innocent in that moment.
- Destiny Booze

I think the reason my stories have been so successful is that I have a strong sense of metaphor.
- Ray Bradbury

So the reason I was struck again and again was because of my overwhelmingly positive energy. Funny, I'd always thought of myself as a pessimist.
- Jennifer Bosworth

The reason I'm travelling so much is because of reasons that weren't completely planned. Several of the shows became successful and were invited to go to other places and they've all happened at similar times.
- Matthew Bourne

Part of the reason that the government's fear mongering is succeeding is because so many people are so ignorant, that it is easier for government to frighten people in submission.
- James Bovard

Certainly, because the computer and computer language was still not as common as it is today. That's one of the reasons I believe Tron wasn't as popular back then as it is today.
- Bruce Boxleitner

We are very fortunate to live in this country, but at the same time, the reason the forces are so much more destructive here is because they are faceless.
- Brandon Boyd

The reason I used a name was because I was a nurse at the time, and I didn't want my name in Timeout and people from working coming along and taking the piss.
- Jo Brand

I was dyslexic, I had no understanding of schoolwork whatsoever. I certainly would have failed IQ tests. And it was one of the reasons I left school when I was 15 years old. And if I - if I'm not interested in something, I don't grasp it.
- Richard Branson

The reason that minorities and women don't have a better shot at getting elected to the Senate or to statewide office is because the campaign finance rules are so skewed as to make it very difficult for non-traditional candidates to raise the money necessary to get elected.
- Carol Moseley Braun

We have, for whatever the reason, disturbed people... who sometimes do terrible, violent things, and sometimes those of us who serve in elected positions are the target.
- Jan Brewer

... we did decide to trust Christ, but the reason we made that decision is that God had first made us spiritually alive.... God comes to us when we're spiritually dead, when we don't even realize our condition, and gives us the spiritual ability to see our plight and to see the solution in Christ. God comes all the way, not partway, to meet us in our need. When we were dead, He made us alive in Christ. And the first act of that new life is to turn in faith to Jesus.
- Jerry Bridges

My m.o. as far as choosing projects is I really try not to work. I try to not do the scripts that are offered me. I'm in this wonderful position to be able to do that. The reason I do that is because I know what it takes once I engage, what that means for me personally and for my wife.
- Jeff Bridges

As sci-fi writer Theodore Sturgeon said, 90 percent of everything is crap. But science fiction has not been forgiven for its crap. The reason is that science fiction inherently distrusts the 'eternal verities' on which literature graduates base their doctoral dissertations. Literature departments were uncomfortable with that. But things change.
- David Brin

The kind of environment that we developed Google in, the reason that we were able to develop a search engine, is the web was so open. Once you get too many rules, that will stifle innovation.
- Sergey Brin

On clubbers: They were all photographing themselves. In fact, that's all they seemed to be doing. Standing around in expensive clothes, snapping away with phones and cameras. One pose after another, as though they needed to prove their own existence, right there, in the moment. Crucially, this seemed to be the reason they were there in the first place. There was very little dancing. Just pouting and flashbulbs.
- Charlie Brooker

If you've ever wondered why some writers who, in your humble opinion, don't write as well as you do yet are rich and famous while you struggle onward, this is the reason. They are great directors.
- Larry Brooks

I think the reason I choose the comic approach so often is because it's harder, therefore affording me the opportunity to show off.
- Rita Mae Brown

If God came down here with the box that had the reason for living in it, I'd like to find just 2 words: The Music. That would be neat.
- Garth Brooks

I remember in the '80s, Randy Travis was my guy. He's the reason I moved to Nashville, and I just loved him. But at some point when he was winning everything, you find yourself pulling for other people.
- Garth Brooks

The foundation of the Buddha's teachings lies in compassion, and the reason for practicing the teachings is to wipe out the persistence of ego, the number-one enemy of compassion.
- Dalai Lama

Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is to believe in yourself, the reason it is so hard is because it is worth it.
- Tonny K Brown

A heart assured of its purpose will have the honor to admit when it is wrong, the courage to examine the reason for its faith and the strength to recover from the pain of any wrong it has done. And it will possess the greatest power known to both God and man; the power to forgive "AND" most certainly forget. A heart such as this shall always have the voice to answer life. A heart such as this, I too desire.
- Tonny K Brown

The reason that everybody likes planning is that nobody has to do anything.
- Jerry Brown

Unfortunately, the young generation, who I believe have their own place in the sun like I had mine; but I wish it was possible there were other ways to have them understand this music was here before they came, and the reason that it was here.
- Ruth Brown

There are some people in the world, and the reason they're not in jail is because they've learned how to hide it.
- Nicholas Sparks

America was in full swing now, all the papers said so, and people were rushing forward, leaving behind the horrors of war. She understood the reasons, but they were rushing, like Lon, toward long hours and profits, neglecting the things that brought beauty to the world.
- Nicholas Sparks

The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.
- Nicholas Sparks

Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
- Charles Farrar Browne

The reason time is always running out is because it has nothing else better to do.
- Carroll Bryant

Medicine, the only profession that labors incessantly to destroy the reason for its existence.
- James Bryce

When grandpa was ill and could've died, I would have swapped all my record sales so he could get well. He is the reason I am a singer. He was my best friend growing up.
- Michael Buble

Augustine does not disagree with this when he teaches that it is a faculty of the reason and the will to choose good with the assistance of grace; evil, when grace is absent.
- John Calvin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Contact Quotes

If you must eat a banana in public, never make eye contact. - Darynda Jones I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them. "It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it. - Alexandra Adornetto The trick is not to make eye contact. They don't charge if you don't make eye contact. - Sarah Addison Allen I'm Emma. I'm here to make you see the meaning of your life. Her exalted words were totally conquered by her dragging tone and lack of eye contact. - Debra Anastasia I glanced at Derek. The boy wonder didn't melt into a pile of goo, although his gaze was glued to Rowena's chest. Avoiding eye contact. Good strategy. - Ilona Andrews So just look mean and don't make eye contact with anyone. (Syn) Gee, hon, you take m

I Did It My Way Quotes

And now, the end is near, And so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full. I've traveled each and every highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way. - Frank Sinatra You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. - Johnny Cash Every comedian dreams of hosting 'The Tonight Show' and, for seven months, I got to. I did it my way, with people I love, and I do not regret a second. - Conan Obrien It doesn't matter that I didn't win a trophy because I did it my way and I lived the dream. - Alan Shearer

Into The Wild Quotes

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. - Alan Alda The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. - Alan Alda And I'm going to tell the truth: I didn't like that Sean Penn movie Into the Wild so much. Yes! I know it was critically acclaimed. I know it won all these awards! It's very sad that a boy is dead and all. But I thought the movie Enchanted, with the singing princess and the chipmunk and the people dancing in Central Park, was cuter. So there! - Meg Cabot Communing with God is communing with our own hearts, our own best selves, not with something foreign and accidental. Saints and devotees have gone into the wilderness to find God; of course they took God with them, and the silence and detachment enabled them to hear the still, small