Skip to main content

Totally Different Quotes

In film, you are a totally different person than in the video.
- Aaliyah

I've written what and when I want to. It's been about expressing myself. But with the degree, I had to learn to do everything in a very specific, disciplined way. I am very disciplined, but this demanded a totally different kind of discipline. A real challenge.
- Joan Armatrading

His hand rested above my hip, having a totally different impact on me. My skin tingled underneath the chiffon. Daemon cleared his throat as he glanced away. 'You...you look beautiful, by the way. Really too good to be with that idiot.
- Jennifer L Armentrout

Anne did think on the question with perfect decision, and said as much in replay as her own feelings could accomplish, or as his seemed able to bear, for he was too much affected to renew the subject - and when he spoke again, it was something totally different.
- Jane Austen

It's always good when you can bring two artists together who are totally different.
- Fantasia Barrino

Back then, a half-a-century ago, the situation was totally different. Economically, we were practically on our knees, and politically, we were still excluded from the community of nations. Today, in this respect, we have a totally different and much more stable basis.
- Franz Beckenbauer

I tell you about a fact and truth. In physical reality of matter,
there's no such thing as an imaginary spirit nor spiritual ghost.
They are also made of matter, but totally different in size and
laws of physics which rule their life and the way they interact.
- Toba Beta

Near below peak of mount Merbabu in Java,
there is a forest known as the devil market.
I had been there once. And when you are there,
you will sense the crowd, voices of nothingness.
Your mind will say it is just accustics effect of the nature,
but your heart will tell you something totally different.
- Toba Beta

In order to get [Mean Streets] made I had to learn how to make a movie," says Scorsese. "I didn't learn how to make a movie in film school. What you learned in film school was to express yourself with pictures and sound. But learning to make a movie is totally different.
- Peter Biskind

You have to understand, now, I'm a momma's boy. I'm from the south. My way of being raised is totally different than the big city life. I truly was a country boy.
- Terry Bradshaw

How do people stay in love, anyway? Is it a choice? Or is it like those plants we studied in biology that mutate into something new and totally different but are still part of the same plant family?
- Libba Bray

We were from totally different social backgrounds. This is what is very hard for an American to understand, but we could have been five guys from Mars.
- Bill Bruford

I looked into his eyes, and I realized he was the same man I'd seen in my dreams. His face might be totally different, but the same soul was in there, the same intelligence and all the sadness.
- Rick Riordan

All decent parents want to do what's best for their children. The Chinese just have a totally different idea of how to do that.
- Amy Chua

I had a great time on The Shield. From working on it I have a totally different view of law enforcement.
- Glenn Close

Sharon went on to play classical but we actually went into totally different instruments which was lucky for the band because otherwise we'd all be playing the same thing!!
- Caroline Corr

Sometimes we assume that the new person in our life is better for us because they are totally different from the last person we dated. Only later do we see that we have chosen a different version of the same thing and they both leave us unsatisfied.
- Kristen Crockett

Two hours of writing fiction leaves this writer completely drained. For those two hours he has been in a different place with totally different people.
- Roald Dahl

It's totally different now, traveling to different meets and different cities and actually being able to enjoy the cities I'm in.
- Gail Devers

Writing fiction is for me a fraught business, an occasion of daily dread for at least the first half of the novel, and sometimes all the way through. The work process is totally different from writing nonfiction. You have to sit down every day and make it up.
- Joan Didion

Young people know how important it is for dads to be involved in their lives. As I travel the country and talk with students, some of them tell me that their lives would be totally different if their father was around.
- Arne Duncan

You think he's going to like you better, but then one day you look in the mirror and realize you've changed yourself - physically and emotionally - into a woman who's totally different from the one he was attracted to the first place.
- Shelley Duvall

Apparently, I have a totally different sense of humour.
- Andrew Eldritch

I would hope this experience would help me if that NFL opportunity were to arise. But I also know that it's a totally different league. There's a lot more to it.
- John Elway

...any one who had listened to Courfeyrac in 1828 would have thought he heard Tholomyes in 1817. Only, Courfeyrac was an honourable fellow. Beneath the apparent similarities of the exterior mind, the difference between him and Tholomyes was very great. The latent man which existed in the two was totally different in the first from what it was in the second. There was in Tholomyes a district attorney, and in Courfeyrac a paladin.
- Victor Hugo

I enjoy playing people that are totally different than me.
- Edward Furlong

My twin in the show is Molly Stanton who is so sweet and great and she is totally different from me.
- Sara Gilbert

No, the seventies was a totally different sensibility and that allowed us to break new ground as a cop show.
- Paul M Glaser

I wanted to make people think of a totally different way of living from that which we, educated people, live. I would absolutely not want anyone to find it beautiful or good without a thought.
- Vincent Van Gogh

Some people think that a place can save them...Like if they could just be somewhere else, their lives would be totally different. They could finally be the people they always wanted to be. But to me, a place is just a place. If you really want things to change, you can make them change no matter where you are.
- Hannah Harrington

Reality TV is a totally different animal than the infomercial world.
- Kevin Harrington

Nashville was totally different than I ever dreamed. I had only seen the music business on television and been to a couple of concerts. I had no clue.
- Faith Hill

I would give them (aspiring writers) the oldest advice in the craft: Read and write. Read a lot. Read new authors and established ones, read people whose work is in the same vein as yours and those whose genre is totally different. You've heard of chain-smokers. Writers, especially beginners, need to be chain-readers. And lastly, write every day. Write about things that get under your skin and keep you up at night.
- Khaled Hosseini

We have a lot of rookies in the lineup. More than anybody, I would say. Its going to be something new for them.They have to understand that it's totally different hockey in the playoffs. Starting with the fans, the intensity of the game, every mistake counts.
- Jaromir Jagr

We have currently a built-in allergy to unpleasant or disturbing information. Our mass media reflect this. But unless we get up off our fat surpluses and recognize that television in the main is being used to distract, delude, amuse, and insulate us, then television and those who finance it, those who look at it, and those who work at it, may see a totally different picture too late.
- Edward R Murrow

When you succeed in awakening the Kundalini, so that it starts to move out of its mere potentiality, you necessarily start a world which is totally different from our world. It is the world of eternity.
- C G Jung

I read. It's also nice for me to get involved in schoolwork, which is a totally different world than acting. It makes me feel like I am doing things that normal people are doing at my age.
- Monica Keena

Maybe most important, farm food itself is totally different from what most people now think of as food: none of those colorful boxed and bagged products, precut, parboiled, ready to eat, and engineered to appeal to our basest desires. We were selling the opposite: naked, unprocessed food, two steps from the dirt.
- Kristin Kimball

I don't think there's any connection between my journalism career and my film career. They are two totally different mediums and very different skills.
- Greg Kinnear

They're very, uh, you know, I don't come from the suburbs and a jolly, Disney type of lifestyle. I come from something totally different. And they're cool and bare minimum so it's not always a money issue for me.
- Shia Labeouf

I know thousands of German's who are totally different from me, so we're not alike, we're not the same.
- Bernhard Langer

It's so easy for me to do a boy-bashing pop song, but to sit down and write honestly about something that's really close to me, something I've been through, it's a totally different thing.
- Avril Lavigne

And most of the wreckage revolves around two guys. Two guys that, for totally different reasons, are tearing me up inside. Two guys I want. Two guys I can't have. Two guys I can't stop thinking about.
- M Leighton

Climatologists are all agreed that we'd be lucky to see the end of this century without the world being a totally different place, and being 8 or 9 degrees hotter on average.
- James Lovelock

I remember the first time I put on the Army uniform. I just felt like a totally different person - I felt proud.
- Jessica Lynch

I feel a little schizophrenic because my life is so totally different from here, obviously. And the French values are so different from American values.
- Adrian Lyne

There is no relation to sound for deaf people. It is a totally different mental process.
- Richard Masur

Working with people, the musical part is one thing but the personal part is totally different and just as critical. If the friendship is there and it's a lasting friendship, then it will take care of itself.
- John Mayall

You might say that when you step inside, you're entering a honorific space, but that's something totally different than experiencing it. And in architecture the experience comes first. That has the deepest effect on us.
- Thom Mayne

I think one thing that kids who grow up on farms really have going for them is they have exposure to death and birth in a totally different way. I think it takes away a little bit of the mystery and a little bit of the fear, and I do wish I had that. And I wish I was able to grow my own food.
- Rachel Mcadams

I'm not copying you!" Luke said. "A werewolf is totally different than a vampire! You're creepy all the time. Mine is just, like, a monthly thing...."
"Like PMS?" I suggested.
"Shut up!
- Flynn Meaney

Being in the music business is a totally different industry right there.
- Christina Milian

It's totally different. I usually don't tell people about the Pleased if they know me from the harp. And if they are there to see the Pleased, I usually don't tell them about the harp. I am nervous that these people will expect something similar.
- Joanna Newsom

Um, where are we headed now?"
"Heaven. Or maybe Hell. I forget."
"They're totally different."
"Yup, totally different. They're complete opposites. So we're bound to end up at one of them.
- Nisio Isin

As a private person I think I am now totally different from Ruud van Nistelrooy the footballer.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy

It's like there's a filter set up in my brain, except instead of making things better, it twists everything around so what comes out of my mouth is totally wrong, totally different from what I was thinking.
- Lauren Oliver

It's weird how much people change...
It's kind of sad, if you think about it. Like there's no continuity in people at all. Like something ruptures when you hit twelve, or thirteen, or whatever the age is when you're no longer a kid but a "young adult," and after that you're a totally different person. Maybe even a less happy person. Maybe even a worse one.
- Lauren Oliver

Me and Ashley feel like we're totally different.
- Marykate Olsen

Well, no. I believe that it's not at all impossible that some of the performances that I've heard so far by some pianists may be superior to my own playing because those are two totally different acts altogether.
- Leo Ornstein

Being sober on a bus is, like, totally different than being drunk on a bus.
- Ozzy Osbourne

I'm very proud of what we've done with the State University and the City University. They're totally different institutions than they were when I took office.
- George Pataki

Winston Cup and the Busch Series are two totally different leagues. You get put in different situations.
- Adam Petty

Both conservatives and liberals watch 'Parks and Recreation,' and they each think the show is for them, which is really cool. 'SNL' was totally different. It was exciting because everyone was paying attention. Political humor works when people know what you're talking about.
- Amy Poehler

What I think and what the world thinks is totally different.
- Paul Prudhomme

It's totally different from last year because I came in with good shape with no health worries so it was about going out there and running well and enjoying it.
- Paula Radcliffe

I prefer just a women's race. It's a totally different game mentally.
- Paula Radcliffe

Every race is totally different.
- Bill Rodgers

In black neighborhoods, everybody appreciated comedy about real life. In the white community, fantasy was funnier. I started looking for the jokes that were equally hilarious across the board, for totally different reasons.
- Will Smith

The strange thing about seeing someone for first time in nine years is the way they look totally different, just for a second, a split second, and then they look at you the way they always have, as if no time has passed between you.
- Rainbow Rowell

When you are facing the wilderness on your own, you have a totally different attitude to someone who works in government or who has a monthly cheque.
- Rick Santelli

My parents came from Russia and suddenly they wound up in Boston, Massachusetts, Brookline, Massachusetts and they felt the sun rose and set on Franklin Delano Roosevelt's backside because he meant so much to them. This was freedom. This was something totally different from the Russia they had left.
- Mike Wallace

There is nothing I would change - to change it I would have had to write a totally different book.
- Asne Seierstad

Simon is cool. You know, it's different if you ever see him around his mom. He acts totally different.
- Ruben Studdard

My apartment complex has a pool. I love it out here. The mountains are beautiful. It's totally different from the place I used to live. I like the heat - the only thing I would change is have the ocean, or a big body of water close by.
- Ryan Sypek

I don't think politicians should be allowed into power who are not familiar with their bodies, because that's where our bottom line is. And I know that they would make totally different decisions if they felt responsible simply for their own bodies.
- Twyla Tharp

In almost every interview someone asks what does HIM stand for. I can't even remember our latest lie about that. When Hanson was hot, we said it means Hanson Is Murder. The name doesn't have a particular history. His Infernal Majesty was a totally different band. I think HIM derives from some death metal joke.
- Ville Valo

If you like a story that's totally different and won't know which way it's going... where it's go ing to end up and which way it's going to take you, then I think my work fits the bill.
- Rob Walton

I kind of like the challenge of jumping into totally different spaces and styles and figuring out how to fit in.
- Hugo Weaving

Sometimes people are layered like that. There's something totally different underneath than what's on the surface."
"And sometimes there's a third even deeper level and that's the same as the top surface one."
"Huh?"
"Like with pie.
- Joss Whedon

I felt that to do this drug, I had to become someone totally different than I was. I had to compromise my integrity, my value system. I knew it was so wrong.
- Kelli White

My mental approach is totally different. My coach predicated everything on defense. He always talked about defense, defense, defense. I took it to heart that if you play defense, you can take the heart from an offensive player.
- Eric Williams

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater