The Border Ballads, for instance, and the Robin Hood Ballads, clearly suppose a state of society which is nothing but a very circumscribed and not very important heroic age.
- Lascelles Abercrombie
I had been coming to America very frequently for many, many years, so I had plenty of exposure - and maybe the best kind of exposure, because I think first impressions are very important. Maybe I notice stuff that is just subliminal to people who live here all the time.
- Lee Child
When you are moving toward an objective," said Petrus, "it is very important to pay attention to the road. It is the road that teaches us the best way to get there, and the road enriches us as we walk its length.
- Paulo Coelho
I think women want to take care of themselves, and I think having a voice in how that is done is very important.
- Madeleine Albright
Remember to get the weather in your damn book--weather is very important.
- Ernest Hemingway
At that time, the academic orientation was rather technical contrary to that of the university, where art theory is very important. The teachers were renowned artists and among the best of that time.
- Ralph Allen
It's very important to me that people who are actual chefs and other professionals in the culinary world, understand that I'm not, and have never held myself out as being, like a CIA trained chef.
- Ted Allen
Death is a very important part of life.
- Gg Allin
When meeting royalty, it is very important, no matter how excited you are, not to vomit on them. Instead, vomit on the nearest commoner.
- Stephen Colbert
I think the concept of the sea is very important.
- Alejandro Amenabar
You call that evening the odds? You demolished them."
Demolished. He liked that. "I left you one."
"I noticed."
"I promised to share," he told her. "Manners are very important in the Weird. Lying would be quite impolite.
- Ilona Andrews
Every important cultural gesture comes down to a morality, a model for human behavior concentrated into a gesture.
- Hermann Hesse
Truth is certainly a branch of morality and a very important one to society.
- Thomas Jefferson
The Masters is a very important tournament. You don't want to jeopardize your chances. The sponsors understand that.
- Stuart Appleby
I guess my religious faith sustained me more than anything else. Family is also very important. If I didn't have children, it would have been too difficult. Even if you are strong, you still need people who would support you all the way.
- Corazon Aquino
Suspense is very important. Even though this is humor and they're short stories, that theory of building suspense is still there.
- Sergio Aragones
When you're on tour you definitely don't want lots of arguments. It's very important that everybody gets on because you're in close proximity a great deal of the time.
- Joan Armatrading
While there's been much progress on terrorism, there's still much work to do and it is very important that the countries work together in order to address this threat together.
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
My background is basically scientific math. My Dad was a physicist, so I have it in my blood somewhere. Scientific method is very important to me. I think anything that contradicts it is probably not true.
- John Astin
Of course education becomes very very important and that's for our human resource development.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
You can't have too much of everything, you must have a balance, that's very important.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
Very old fashioned to say that they will be well behaved but I think it's very important.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
What this does for me emotionally, psychologically and spiritually - to look in the mirror and not be ashamed - has been very important in not relapsing.
- Daniel Baldwin
The old man sang for a while, and Mora felt in her head the beginning of a long siege. A wilderness had crept up around a walled town, and the darkness of old woods and far-off places began to grow then, even within sight of where men walked together.
By this she meant in her heart that all the useless things one remembers well just before waking and forgets just after were in fact very important and perhaps all that stood now between herself and oblivion.
- Jesse Ball
2. The instant the doors open, you want to push forward as hard as possible, in an effort to get onto the train without letting anybody off. This is very important. If anybody does get off, it is legal to tackle him and drag him back on.
- Dave Barry
Oil is a very important component of economic growth.
- Maria Bartiromo
It's like when you want to make a house... the technique is very important.
- Cecilia Bartoli
There are so many kids out there that need to be adopted and need good homes. I definitely want to have my own but I also want to adopt for sure. I think it's very important to find these kids homes.
- Lance Bass
People who don't read seem to me mysterious. I don't know how they think or learn about other people. Novels are a very important part of our education.
- Nina Bawden
I hate to say it but I think it has become very obvious that our system for devising trade agreements, so very important to this country's functioning around the world, has not only broken, but it has broken completely.
- Xavier Becerra
If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels; and if you haven't, you cannot possibly imagine it.
- Lemony Snicket
It is useless for me to describe to you how terrible Violet, Klaus, and even Sunny felt in the time that followed. If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven't, you cannot possibly imagine it.
- Lemony Snicket
When one guy undermines the other, it only causes trouble, and the team isn't successful. It's very important for both of us to accept our role and help the team. One guy can get hot, and if that's Alex, I'll support him and help any way I can.
- Ed Belfour
Heaven grant me patience! Clothes are very important, said Anne severely
- L M Montgomery
And I feel that I am a man. And I feel that a man is a very important thingmaybe more important than a star. This is not theology. I have no bent toward gods. But I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed because 'Thou mayest.
- John Steinbeck
It's physical. If you keep on writing for three years, every day, you should be strong. Of course you have to be strong mentally, also. But in the first place you have to be strong physically. That is a very important thing. Physically and mentally you have to be strong.
- Haruki Murakami
It all begins with the initial tone coming from the cabinet, but EQ at the board is very important.
- Daisy Berkowitz
I am still against any kind of censorship. It's a subject in my life that has been very important.
- Bernardo Bertolucci
We expect all our businesses to have a positive impact on our top and bottom lines. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn't be in this business.
- Jeff Bezos
We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.
- Jeff Bezos
The first presentation of my show was given in May, 1883, at Omaha, which I had then chosen as my home. From there we made our first summer tour, visiting practically every important city in the country.
- Buffalo Bill
I always carry lip balm and lipstick. Lipstick is a very important beauty product because I find that lips are the most beautiful feature of anyone's face.
- Fan Binbing
Your voice is your tool and represents you. It's very important to have a good voice where you can be understood.
- Jacqueline Bisset
I do believe sometimes discipline is very important. I'm not just lying around like a lazy cow all the time.
- Bjork
I'm doing it with a rock format and the words are about people living in harmony with Mother Earth. It's very important to me - and I feel it should be for every living human on this planet.
- Jimmy Carl Black
And music was a very important part of our lives. The radio was on all day.
- Ruben Blades
It is very important that football can see beyond religion but FIFA does not just ignore its impact.
- Sepp Blatter
No, let's make sure that people understand that this is a very important war that is helping to protect us here at home. And that we have no choice but to win it. As difficult as it is.
- John Boehner
Asean is obviously a very important association for us. Over the past 30 years Asean has made great strides in regional cooperation covering a number of areas, although recently it has been under strain because of the financial crisis and other challenges.
- Hassanal Bolkiah
RICH I'm lamenting. I've lost my innocence.
CROMWELL You lost that some time ago. If you've only just noticed, it can't have been very important to you.
- Robert Bolt
While the level of support we can each provide certainly varies, it is very important at this time that we all do what we can to help our neighbors - not only our immediate neighbors here in Alabama, but those further away in Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Jo Bonner
One very important aspect of motivation is the willingness to stop and to look at things that no one else has bothered to look at. This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity.
- Edward De Bono
To put as little pressure on the relationship you're in is very important.
- Kate Bosworth
We are certainly influenced by role models, and if we are surrounded by images of beautiful rich people, we will start to think that to be beautiful and rich is very important - just as in the Middle Ages, people were surrounded by images of religious piety.
- Alain De Botton
The people in your life are important. Meaningful relationships with those people are very important.
- Ed Bradley
So, the international community are all the countries that are important: the United States definitely everywhere; the European Union because it is very important, and also, they do show a great deal of international responsibility; and then the local players.
- Lakhdar Brahimi
Disapproval is a very important factor in all progress. There has really never been any progress without it.
- James H Breasted
And the issues I think are important in Louisiana right now happen to be health care and education. And those are two areas that the federal government can play a very important role. And I think I can be effective in trying to help our state from the Washington scene.
- John Breaux
It's very important to understand that the 'Talk' piece was not an excerpt, it was an adaptation, which means I compressed different parts of the book and made a new piece.
- David Brock
I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life.
- Barbara Bush
It's very important to me to love what I do. It was important to me to find a career that I truly enjoy. You can find something that sort of excites you, that's half the battle of life.
- Adam Brody
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
- Dalai Lama
A genuine, affectionate smile is very important in our day-to-day lives.
- Dalai Lama
Anger or hatred is like a fisherman's hook. It is very important for us to ensure that we are not caught by it.
- Dalai Lama
I think we have two very important missions in life. One is to find out who we really are and the other one is to taste as much of life and experience as much of life as we can.
- David Coverdale
And, of course, method is very important as is a high-quality specialist (trainer) working with you to keep you going in the right direction for your improvement and to help create results.
- Sergei Bubka
Of course, the psychological part, the tactics, is very important.
- Sergei Bubka
Parentage is a very important profession, but no test of fitness for it is ever imposed in the interest of the children.
- George Bernard Shaw
This is very important -- to take leisure time. Pace is the essence. Without stopping entirely and doing nothing at all for great periods, you're gonna lose everything...just to do nothing at all, very, very important. And how many people do this in modern society? Very few. That's why they're all totally mad, frustrated, angry and hateful.
- Charles Bukowski
Somebody at one of these places asked me: "What do you do? How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You "don't try". That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like it's looks, you make a pet out of it.
- Charles Bukowski
I felt I had to win. It seemed very important. I didn't know why it was important and I kept thinking, why do I think this is so important? And another part of me answered, just because it is.
- Charles Bukowski
Whatever you do in life will be insignificantm but it's very important that you do it anyway.
- Mahatma Gandhi
The thing is, if you control the Senate meetings, you control the gavel. And the gavel is a very important instrument... an instrument of power. An instrument that establishes the agenda.
- Dan Quayle
I mean, we are facing so many very, very important issues and those are the issues that you heard talked about last night from the Republican convention, and that you'll hear my husband talk about. And those are the really important issues facing our country right now.
- Laura Bush
Sexual harassment law is very important. But I think it would be a mistake if the sexual harassment law movement is the only way in which feminism is known in the media.
- Judith Butler
It's so very important as to what a child watches on TV. I feel for every parent that knows this, and cares, because they only have control of the child's viewing to a certain point.
- Ruth Buzzi
There's a big difference between wanting to work and having to work. And I had to learn that the hard way. Now money is very important to me, because I ain't got it.
- James Caan
Passion is very important to me. If you stop enjoying things, you've got to look at it, because it can lead to all kinds of depressing scenarios.
- Nicolas Cage
Sometimes you get submerged by emotion. I think it's very important to express it - which doesn't necessarily mean hitting someone.
- Eric Cantona
We played at a club called, the Elbow Room. Don Carlos, the nightclub owner, was very hip and a very important person who made a big impact on my life.
- Jim Capaldi
So from then on, he looked at all his choices and said, What would a good person do, and then did it. But he has now learned something very important about human nature. If you spend your whole life pretending to be good, then you are indistinguishable from a good person. Relentless hypocrisy eventually becomes the truth.
- Orson Scott Card
We believe that it is very important that we have hopefully averted what would have been the most substantial headwind of all, which is a default for the first time in our history, and that that will contribute to a more positive environment that we hope will allow for greater growth and job creation.
- Jay Carney
Early One Morning takes time and, I mean, all things like that I felt were very important.
- Anthony Caro
Memory is very important, the memory of each photo taken, flowing at the same speed as the event. During the work, you have to be sure that you haven't left any holes, that you've captured everything, because afterwards it will be too late.
- Henri Cartierbresson
My latter schooldays and my university days were during the war, when science - physics, in particular - was a very important and glamorous subject. A lot of us felt that if we couldn't get into science, we might try engineering or medicine.
- John Henry Carver
I do think that a general liberal arts education is very important, particularly in an uncertain changing world.
- Steve Case
Film is, to me, just unimportant. But people are very important.
- John Cassavetes
The writing is important, but the way you say the line and the pause you give it, the facial expression - all of that is very important.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
As attorney general, I've had some connection with just about every important public issue in the last eight years in Kentucky. All of the important public issues of the day have, at some point.
- Ben Chandler
High school isn't a very important place. When you're going you think it's a big deal, but when it's over nobody really thinks it was great unless they're beered up.
- Stephen King
It's very important to go back and keep in mind the distinction between handling these events as criminal acts, which was the way we did before 9/11, and then looking at 9/11 and saying, "This is not a criminal act," not when you destroy 16 acres of Manhattan, kill 3,000 Americans, blow a big hole in the Pentagon. That's an act of war.
- Dick Cheney
It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.
- Winston Churchill
Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake.
- Julia Child
One very important element for me to make a movie is, it has to be unique and different from any other.
- Stephen Chow
Therefore, when we arrive in a place and talk to new people about a new image, it is very hard for them to visualize it. That's where the drawings are very important, because at least we can show a projection of what we believe it will look like.
- Christo
It's very important to always put things in their historical contexts. It teaches important lessons about the country in question.
- Warren Christopher
This is a very important relationship we have with Russia, the relationship over the nuclear arsenal that they have obviously is important. They're a very powerful country.
- Warren Christopher
It's very important not to lose your temper in a courtroom, or in anything else you're doing.
- Warren Christopher
We've had some fairly intensive discussions leading up to these meetings between NATO and Russia, preparing for them, and it's going to be a very important six months for NATO.
- Warren Christopher
I did a series called Ned and Stacey for two years for Fox back in the 90s. I was writer on it as well as a producer, and it was very important to me that there were no contemporary references.
- Thomas Haden Church
I do not lie to you, Watanuki.
Because you are a very important person to me.
- Clamp
Yuuko, speaking to Fai: To all the young ones in your group, you are no longer someone who passes through their lives and is forgotten. You have become someone very important to them. Your hardships are their hardships too.
- Clamp
There's one thing you need to remember. To all the young ones in your group, you are no longer someone who passes through their lives and is forgotten. You have become someone very important to them. Your hardships are their hardships too.
- Clamp
The only currency I value is the coin of the spirit. That's very important in my life.
- Kinky Friedman
Karma is the beginning of knowledge. Next is patience. Patience is very important. The strong are the patient ones, Anjin-san. patience means holding back your inclination to the seven emotions: hate, adoration, joy, anxiety, anger, grief, fear. If you don't give way to the seven, you're patient, then you'll soon understand all manner of things and be in harmony with Eternity.
- James Clavell
Egypt is a large, complex, very important country.
- Hillary Clinton
When you're the presidential nominee you get to pick whomever you choose to be on the ticket, and that person gets to say yes or no because, obviously, it's a very important decision.
- Hillary Clinton
There's something about a catharsis that is very important.
- Glenn Close
I've forgotten most of what I've read and, frankly, it never seemed
very important to me or to the world.
- Leonard Cohen
It's vital to remember who you really are. It's very important. It isn't a good idea to rely on other people or things to do it for you, you see. They always get it wrong.
- Terry Pratchett
Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact.
- Terry Pratchett
The Departure Aria, a very important and romantic song -
This damn door sticks,
This damn door sticks
It sticks no matter what I do.
It is marked pull and indeed I am pulling
Perhaps it should be marked 'push'?
- Terry Pratchett
A desire not to butt into other people's business is at least eighty percent of all human 'wisdom'...and the other twenty percent isn't very important.
- Robert A Heinlein
World War II had a very important impact on the development of technology, as a whole.
- Barry Commoner
I have always considered that choosing a companion for life was a very important affair and that my happyness or misery in this life depended on the choice.
- Ezra Cornell
One very important aspect of our contemporary musical culture - some might say the supremely important aspect - is its extension in the historical and geographical senses to a degree unknown in the past.
- George Crumb
Virginia Woolf came along in the early part of the century and essentially said through her writing, yes, big books can be written about the traditional big subjects. There is war. There is the search for God. These are all very important things.
- Michael Cunningham
For pain words are lacking. There should be cries, cracks, fissures, whiteness passing over chintz covers, interference with the sense of time, of space ; the sense also of extreme fixity in passing objects ; and sounds very remote and then very close ; flesh being gashed and blood sparting, a joint suddenly twisted - beneath all of which appears something very important, yet remote, to be just held in solitude.
Virginia Woolf, The Waves
- Virginia Woolf
I think people are turning inward more now cause the world's got in such a weird, crazy state. I think its making people think more about their life and what it is really that they are doing. And how do we interact with a world that's going crazy? It's a very important time.
- Dave Davies
We have no quarrel with the Freudians, but we do not put the same stress on sexual matters as they do. Sex is very important, but if it were the single most important thing in life, it would all be much simpler, and I doubt if mankind would have worked so hard to live far beyond the age when sex is the greatest joy.
- Robertson Davies
There was one thing my daddy wouldn't tolerate in any shape, form or fashion, and that was being unkind or rude to somebody. That was just very important to my folks. And as it turns out, that was a legacy that he left me that money can't buy, is how to be able to treat people.
- Paula Deen
Marriage is very important. Marrying a girl is the most important thing a man can do. Never mind business or politics or sport or any of that, there's nothing so vital to the world as a man marrying a woman. That's where we get our children from, that's how the human race goes forward. And if it's too late for children, there's the companionship of a safe and trusted person.
- Frank Delaney
I think I was immediately fed, so food became a very important part of my life.
- Dom Deluise
I think the clothes in Belle de Jour are very important to the style of the film. Even today, it is still timeless.
- Catherine Deneuve
Candor and accountability in a democracy is very important. Hypocrisy has no place.
- Alan Dershowitz
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all.
- Denis Diderot
How important has Phil Jackson been to the success of the Lakers? He's very important.
- Larry Dixon
Being happy is very important. We won our second championship last season and we have our entire team coming back to try and defend our title again. I'm very proud of that.
- Larry Dixon
Like art and politics, gangsterism is a very important avenue of assimilation into society.
- E L Doctorow
For all Italian people, family is very important. We don't fight with our families.
- Domenico Dolce
Life is very important to Americans.
- Bob Dole
I like you," he said.
He made it sound as if she was bound to disagree with him. She nodded. His face said he was telling her something very important.
He said, "I mean it. Whatever happens, you have to believe that.
- Jenny Downham
One more word that may be useful in the heat of passion: dong. Dong sounds like someone very important has just arrived.
- Joe Dunthorne
When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you're wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything.
- Maria Sharapova
I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we - we own this country. We - we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
- Clint Eastwood
I think being able to age gracefully is a very important talent. It is too late for me.
- Clint Eastwood
If you look at the timing of many of the Greek dramas from the theatrical point of view, it's all off, and I think the reason for that is that music played a very important part.
- John Eaton
I think they are very important because westerns have a code and a symbolism.
- Aaron Eckhart
It was very important that it be done in such a way that it be executed with complete conviction. If I had done it both ways, if I was trying to cover myself in case it didn't work, then it would have been to no purpose.
- Atom Egoyan
I've been tremendously moved by a bunch of odd books. Ross McDonald is very important to me. I love the Lew Archer books.
- James Ellroy
The lyrics are constructed as empirically as the music. I don't set out to say anything very important.
- Brian Eno
Jacques Derrida is a very important thinker and philosopher who has made serious contributions to both philosophy and literary criticism. Roland Barthes is the one I feel most affinity for, and Michel Foucault, well, his writing influenced my novel, 'Middlesex.'
- Jeffrey Eugenides
But I say these things in an objective dispassionate manner because, you know, and I can't explain why, but being one of the greatest guitarists in the world simply is not very important to me.
- John Fahey
In this life we have to make many choices. Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices. Making perfect choices all of the time is not possible. It just doesn't happen. But it is possible to make good choices we can live with and grow from.
- James E Faust
The attitude is very important. Because, your behavior radiates how you feel.
- Lou Ferrigno
I am a man without many pleasures in life, a man whose few pleasures are small, but a man whose small pleasures are very important to him. One of them is eating. One reading. Another reading while eating.
- Amanda Filipacchi
There is the danger of over preparation, of loss of spontaneity; over rehearsal is the most terrible thing you can imagine. We do have a very close association between costume and set designer, though. And the cameraman is very important, of course.
- Terence Fisher
I am very happy because motor racing is very important outside the states, very big all over the world.
- Emerson Fittipaldi
It is very important that when you put something on the grill, you leave it in place to cook. If you move it around too quickly, chances are it is going to stick.
- Bobby Flay
But I feel music has a very important role in ritual activity, and that being able to join in musical activity, along with dancing, could have been necessary at a very early stage of human culture.
- E O Wilson
I think it's very important that the United States keeps out of the local electoral process in Mexico.
- Vicente Fox
Nowadays, as before, the public declaration and confession of Orthodoxy is usually encountered among dull-witted, cruel and immoral people who tend to consider themselves very important. Whereas intelligence, honesty, straightforwardness, good-naturedness and morality are qualities usually found among people who claim to be non-believers.
- Leo Tolstoy
I think it's very important that we instill in our kids that it has nothing to do with their name or their situation that they're growing up in; it has to do with who they are as an individual.
- Melinda Gates
It is very important for people to understand that the United States of America and no country around the world can devalue its way to prosperity, to be competitive. It is not a viable, feasible strategy, and we will not engage in it.
- Timothy Geithner
Feeding is a very important ritual for me. I don't trust people who don't like to eat.
- Gina Gershon
I have three sons, a husband, parents, and I'll fight and get angry, but what is very important that I have found as I've matured, is that I have to move on.
- Jami Gertz
Electric cars are going to be very important for urban transportation.
- Carlos Ghosn
The lack of health care coverage has remained very important to me during my time in Congress and as a member of the House Subcommittee on Health, I am working hard with my colleagues to correct these inequalities.
- Paul Gillmor
The Centre is very important to me; it's about trust - about truth.
- David Ginola
She never envisioned a legal career for me, but she did think it was very important that I be able to support myself, and I think she would be pleased to see what has become of me.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
It's very important to know that we packed it right because it is a safety issue for coming home.
- Linda M Godwin
We're talking about the lawyers for the United States of America. And I think it's very, very important that the lawyers be comfortable being very candid and open about their views on very sensitive issues affecting the United States.
- Alberto Gonzales
The draft is one of my favorite events because it is about football. People are focused on how their teams improve. It's a celebration of football. And most importantly, it represents a very important time in the lives of these men who are entering the NFL, and their families.
- Roger Goodell
The movies I watch and the music I listen to and the books I read - those are important to me. It's very important to me, and I don't know what I would do without those things.
- Joseph Gordonlevitt
Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.
- Ruth Gordon
That may be a factor because we are the older show; we have been on the air for a while. Is it our day? Is it time to hang it up? But it seems that the show still continues, and we still enjoy being here. And that's a very important element.
- Markpaul Gosselaar
And with each day that passed, the gulf broadened and my isolation became more accentuated. In such a situation, the discovery that my experience was not unique, that it had also been that of other Spanish intellectuals, became very important for me.
- Juan Goytisolo
I keep lists of names of people that I have met, a list of things to do day by day as well as a log of how my time is consumed throughout the day. It's a very important part of my personal discipline.
- Bob Graham
It's very important for the parents of young autistic children to encourage them to talk, or for those that don't talk, to give them a way of communicating, like a picture board, where they can point to a glass of milk, or a jacket if they're cold, or the bathroom. If they want something, then they need to learn to request that thing.
- Temple Grandin
With respect to the environment in our state and our state's future - in addition to water which is very important here - I think it is crucial for him to make a sincere commitment to energy efficiency, fuel efficiency, by helping us to produce those cars of the future.
- Jennifer M Granholm
Fiction is very, very important," he said, his voice is rising. "Storytelling is how people learn. You get people to understand new cultures and other lives through stories. Made-up stories. Fiction.
- Kristine Grayson
Limits are very important.
- Colin Greenwood
The traditions of a nation are very important and the anthem written by Francis Scott Key in the early days of our nation should always be revered.
- Lee Greenwood
The news just came in from the County of Keck
That a very small bug by the name of Van Vleck
Is yawning so wide you can look down his neck.
This may not seem very important, I know, but it
Is, so I'm bothering telling you so.
- Dr Seuss
People still look at me as the champion and that's very important to me.
- Marvin Hagler
Photography is a very important part of my life.
- Conrad Hall
Two points that are very important points to remember and ask: Is it real and does it work?
- Edward T Hall
He backed away from me, clutching the phone to his chest. "What?"
"Gimme the phone," I commanded, holding out my hand.
His head dropped solemnly. "I am on a very important call."
"Yes, about me," I said, reaching for it. "Now give it."
He shrank away and eyed the room anxiously. "Damn, I knew I should have kept a spare roll of duct tape somewhere.
- Karina Halle
If a child smiles, if an adult smiles, that is very important. If in our daily lives we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. If we really know how to live, what better way to start the day than with a smile? Our smile affirms our awareness and determination to live in peace and joy. The source of a true smile is an awakened mind.
- Nhat Hanh
Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace. It is not by going out for a demonstration against nuclear missiles that we can bring about peace. It is with our capacity of smiling, breathing, and being peace that we can make peace.
- Nhat Hanh
Even though there's an entertainment value to the film, I think it's very important because you can't really separate the impact of that political message from it. It's rare that you get films like that I think; that really have an important message and are also entertaining.
- Woody Harrelson
There are very important and practical issues raised by following this alternative route which says, let's look to material conditions, to the systems of production, to the needs that human beings have, and to competing alternative solutions to the satisfaction of those needs.
- Marvin Harris
I just don't think that I could be the kind of actor I want to be and not be honest with myself. Honesty is very important to me as an actor and as a person. I didn't even think about it.
- Randy Harrison
And New Year's Eve is very, very important to me.
- Debbie Harry
If we are to change our world view, images have to change. The artist now has a very important job to do. He's not a little peripheral figure entertaining rich people, he's really needed.
- Vaclav Havel
It's very important to reveal the mystery of the pyramid. Science in archaeology is very important. People all over the world are waiting to solve this mystery.
- Zahi Hawass
I don't know what has happened to movies, but lately every movie is at least 20 minutes too long. It used to be that if you were three hours long it was because it was epic - a movie about Gandhi; something with very important subject matters.
- Ethan Hawke
My work and my family are very important to me.
- Stephen Hawking
One-day cricket is a very important part of our play. We've got a long way to go until the next World Cup and for us it's one ruthless game after another where we can play well.
- Matthew Hayden
It is very important that our young people have constructive early work experiences. But it is equally important that their jobs are safe and complement their education, rather than complete it.
- Alexis Herman
It doesn't matter that Bush scares the hell out of me. What matters is that he scares the hell out of a lot of very important people in Washington who can't speak out, in the military, in the intelligence community.
- Seymour Hersh
It might sound odd, but I want to thank Michael Bay because he's been saying how important it is to show 3D with the right luminescence. And that's very important for this film, a lot of which was shot at night or with very low illumination.
- David Heyman
If someone is being absolutely critical of me as a driver, what could they say? I am also critical of myself to try and keep things in perspective. That is very important.
- Damon Hill
Location is a very important aspect to songwriting.
- Ken Hill
It's very important for men to look downward, to the next generation.
- James Hillman
I think America understands that energy security is a very important part of our national security. But if we are going to address energy security in a meaningful way going forward, we need to do it in a new manner. We cannot just be doing the same old thing.
- Chris Van Hollen
But I also want to have a family with children one day, which is very important to me.
- Heidi Klum
What's really interesting is the introduction of the tablet - not just the iPad, but the Nook and the Kindle. While they aren't going to solve all of our problems, I do think they make it easier for people to pause, linger, read and really process very important ideas.
- Chris Hughes
In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be.
- Hubert H Humphrey
In reference to Cat Stevens, it is very, very important we have accurate information on our terrorist watch list and our no fly list and that you have a remedy.
- Asa Hutchinson
What I've really learned over time is that optimism is a very, very important part of leadership.
- Bob Iger
- Lascelles Abercrombie
I had been coming to America very frequently for many, many years, so I had plenty of exposure - and maybe the best kind of exposure, because I think first impressions are very important. Maybe I notice stuff that is just subliminal to people who live here all the time.
- Lee Child
When you are moving toward an objective," said Petrus, "it is very important to pay attention to the road. It is the road that teaches us the best way to get there, and the road enriches us as we walk its length.
- Paulo Coelho
I think women want to take care of themselves, and I think having a voice in how that is done is very important.
- Madeleine Albright
Remember to get the weather in your damn book--weather is very important.
- Ernest Hemingway
At that time, the academic orientation was rather technical contrary to that of the university, where art theory is very important. The teachers were renowned artists and among the best of that time.
- Ralph Allen
It's very important to me that people who are actual chefs and other professionals in the culinary world, understand that I'm not, and have never held myself out as being, like a CIA trained chef.
- Ted Allen
Death is a very important part of life.
- Gg Allin
When meeting royalty, it is very important, no matter how excited you are, not to vomit on them. Instead, vomit on the nearest commoner.
- Stephen Colbert
I think the concept of the sea is very important.
- Alejandro Amenabar
You call that evening the odds? You demolished them."
Demolished. He liked that. "I left you one."
"I noticed."
"I promised to share," he told her. "Manners are very important in the Weird. Lying would be quite impolite.
- Ilona Andrews
Every important cultural gesture comes down to a morality, a model for human behavior concentrated into a gesture.
- Hermann Hesse
Truth is certainly a branch of morality and a very important one to society.
- Thomas Jefferson
The Masters is a very important tournament. You don't want to jeopardize your chances. The sponsors understand that.
- Stuart Appleby
I guess my religious faith sustained me more than anything else. Family is also very important. If I didn't have children, it would have been too difficult. Even if you are strong, you still need people who would support you all the way.
- Corazon Aquino
Suspense is very important. Even though this is humor and they're short stories, that theory of building suspense is still there.
- Sergio Aragones
When you're on tour you definitely don't want lots of arguments. It's very important that everybody gets on because you're in close proximity a great deal of the time.
- Joan Armatrading
While there's been much progress on terrorism, there's still much work to do and it is very important that the countries work together in order to address this threat together.
- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo
My background is basically scientific math. My Dad was a physicist, so I have it in my blood somewhere. Scientific method is very important to me. I think anything that contradicts it is probably not true.
- John Astin
Of course education becomes very very important and that's for our human resource development.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
You can't have too much of everything, you must have a balance, that's very important.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
Very old fashioned to say that they will be well behaved but I think it's very important.
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi
What this does for me emotionally, psychologically and spiritually - to look in the mirror and not be ashamed - has been very important in not relapsing.
- Daniel Baldwin
The old man sang for a while, and Mora felt in her head the beginning of a long siege. A wilderness had crept up around a walled town, and the darkness of old woods and far-off places began to grow then, even within sight of where men walked together.
By this she meant in her heart that all the useless things one remembers well just before waking and forgets just after were in fact very important and perhaps all that stood now between herself and oblivion.
- Jesse Ball
2. The instant the doors open, you want to push forward as hard as possible, in an effort to get onto the train without letting anybody off. This is very important. If anybody does get off, it is legal to tackle him and drag him back on.
- Dave Barry
Oil is a very important component of economic growth.
- Maria Bartiromo
It's like when you want to make a house... the technique is very important.
- Cecilia Bartoli
There are so many kids out there that need to be adopted and need good homes. I definitely want to have my own but I also want to adopt for sure. I think it's very important to find these kids homes.
- Lance Bass
People who don't read seem to me mysterious. I don't know how they think or learn about other people. Novels are a very important part of our education.
- Nina Bawden
I hate to say it but I think it has become very obvious that our system for devising trade agreements, so very important to this country's functioning around the world, has not only broken, but it has broken completely.
- Xavier Becerra
If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels; and if you haven't, you cannot possibly imagine it.
- Lemony Snicket
It is useless for me to describe to you how terrible Violet, Klaus, and even Sunny felt in the time that followed. If you have ever lost someone very important to you, then you already know how it feels, and if you haven't, you cannot possibly imagine it.
- Lemony Snicket
When one guy undermines the other, it only causes trouble, and the team isn't successful. It's very important for both of us to accept our role and help the team. One guy can get hot, and if that's Alex, I'll support him and help any way I can.
- Ed Belfour
Heaven grant me patience! Clothes are very important, said Anne severely
- L M Montgomery
And I feel that I am a man. And I feel that a man is a very important thingmaybe more important than a star. This is not theology. I have no bent toward gods. But I have a new love for that glittering instrument, the human soul. It is a lovely and unique thing in the universe. It is always attacked and never destroyed because 'Thou mayest.
- John Steinbeck
It's physical. If you keep on writing for three years, every day, you should be strong. Of course you have to be strong mentally, also. But in the first place you have to be strong physically. That is a very important thing. Physically and mentally you have to be strong.
- Haruki Murakami
It all begins with the initial tone coming from the cabinet, but EQ at the board is very important.
- Daisy Berkowitz
I am still against any kind of censorship. It's a subject in my life that has been very important.
- Bernardo Bertolucci
We expect all our businesses to have a positive impact on our top and bottom lines. Profitability is very important to us or we wouldn't be in this business.
- Jeff Bezos
We see our customers as invited guests to a party, and we are the hosts. It's our job every day to make every important aspect of the customer experience a little bit better.
- Jeff Bezos
The first presentation of my show was given in May, 1883, at Omaha, which I had then chosen as my home. From there we made our first summer tour, visiting practically every important city in the country.
- Buffalo Bill
I always carry lip balm and lipstick. Lipstick is a very important beauty product because I find that lips are the most beautiful feature of anyone's face.
- Fan Binbing
Your voice is your tool and represents you. It's very important to have a good voice where you can be understood.
- Jacqueline Bisset
I do believe sometimes discipline is very important. I'm not just lying around like a lazy cow all the time.
- Bjork
I'm doing it with a rock format and the words are about people living in harmony with Mother Earth. It's very important to me - and I feel it should be for every living human on this planet.
- Jimmy Carl Black
And music was a very important part of our lives. The radio was on all day.
- Ruben Blades
It is very important that football can see beyond religion but FIFA does not just ignore its impact.
- Sepp Blatter
No, let's make sure that people understand that this is a very important war that is helping to protect us here at home. And that we have no choice but to win it. As difficult as it is.
- John Boehner
Asean is obviously a very important association for us. Over the past 30 years Asean has made great strides in regional cooperation covering a number of areas, although recently it has been under strain because of the financial crisis and other challenges.
- Hassanal Bolkiah
RICH I'm lamenting. I've lost my innocence.
CROMWELL You lost that some time ago. If you've only just noticed, it can't have been very important to you.
- Robert Bolt
While the level of support we can each provide certainly varies, it is very important at this time that we all do what we can to help our neighbors - not only our immediate neighbors here in Alabama, but those further away in Mississippi and Louisiana.
- Jo Bonner
One very important aspect of motivation is the willingness to stop and to look at things that no one else has bothered to look at. This simple process of focusing on things that are normally taken for granted is a powerful source of creativity.
- Edward De Bono
To put as little pressure on the relationship you're in is very important.
- Kate Bosworth
We are certainly influenced by role models, and if we are surrounded by images of beautiful rich people, we will start to think that to be beautiful and rich is very important - just as in the Middle Ages, people were surrounded by images of religious piety.
- Alain De Botton
The people in your life are important. Meaningful relationships with those people are very important.
- Ed Bradley
So, the international community are all the countries that are important: the United States definitely everywhere; the European Union because it is very important, and also, they do show a great deal of international responsibility; and then the local players.
- Lakhdar Brahimi
Disapproval is a very important factor in all progress. There has really never been any progress without it.
- James H Breasted
And the issues I think are important in Louisiana right now happen to be health care and education. And those are two areas that the federal government can play a very important role. And I think I can be effective in trying to help our state from the Washington scene.
- John Breaux
It's very important to understand that the 'Talk' piece was not an excerpt, it was an adaptation, which means I compressed different parts of the book and made a new piece.
- David Brock
I think togetherness is a very important ingredient to family life.
- Barbara Bush
It's very important to me to love what I do. It was important to me to find a career that I truly enjoy. You can find something that sort of excites you, that's half the battle of life.
- Adam Brody
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
- Dalai Lama
A genuine, affectionate smile is very important in our day-to-day lives.
- Dalai Lama
Anger or hatred is like a fisherman's hook. It is very important for us to ensure that we are not caught by it.
- Dalai Lama
I think we have two very important missions in life. One is to find out who we really are and the other one is to taste as much of life and experience as much of life as we can.
- David Coverdale
And, of course, method is very important as is a high-quality specialist (trainer) working with you to keep you going in the right direction for your improvement and to help create results.
- Sergei Bubka
Of course, the psychological part, the tactics, is very important.
- Sergei Bubka
Parentage is a very important profession, but no test of fitness for it is ever imposed in the interest of the children.
- George Bernard Shaw
This is very important -- to take leisure time. Pace is the essence. Without stopping entirely and doing nothing at all for great periods, you're gonna lose everything...just to do nothing at all, very, very important. And how many people do this in modern society? Very few. That's why they're all totally mad, frustrated, angry and hateful.
- Charles Bukowski
Somebody at one of these places asked me: "What do you do? How do you write, create?" You don't, I told them. You "don't try". That's very important: not to try, either for Cadillacs, creation or immortality. You wait, and if nothing happens, you wait some more. It's like a bug high on the wall. You wait for it to come to you. When it gets close enough you reach out, slap out and kill it. Or if you like it's looks, you make a pet out of it.
- Charles Bukowski
I felt I had to win. It seemed very important. I didn't know why it was important and I kept thinking, why do I think this is so important? And another part of me answered, just because it is.
- Charles Bukowski
Whatever you do in life will be insignificantm but it's very important that you do it anyway.
- Mahatma Gandhi
The thing is, if you control the Senate meetings, you control the gavel. And the gavel is a very important instrument... an instrument of power. An instrument that establishes the agenda.
- Dan Quayle
I mean, we are facing so many very, very important issues and those are the issues that you heard talked about last night from the Republican convention, and that you'll hear my husband talk about. And those are the really important issues facing our country right now.
- Laura Bush
Sexual harassment law is very important. But I think it would be a mistake if the sexual harassment law movement is the only way in which feminism is known in the media.
- Judith Butler
It's so very important as to what a child watches on TV. I feel for every parent that knows this, and cares, because they only have control of the child's viewing to a certain point.
- Ruth Buzzi
There's a big difference between wanting to work and having to work. And I had to learn that the hard way. Now money is very important to me, because I ain't got it.
- James Caan
Passion is very important to me. If you stop enjoying things, you've got to look at it, because it can lead to all kinds of depressing scenarios.
- Nicolas Cage
Sometimes you get submerged by emotion. I think it's very important to express it - which doesn't necessarily mean hitting someone.
- Eric Cantona
We played at a club called, the Elbow Room. Don Carlos, the nightclub owner, was very hip and a very important person who made a big impact on my life.
- Jim Capaldi
So from then on, he looked at all his choices and said, What would a good person do, and then did it. But he has now learned something very important about human nature. If you spend your whole life pretending to be good, then you are indistinguishable from a good person. Relentless hypocrisy eventually becomes the truth.
- Orson Scott Card
We believe that it is very important that we have hopefully averted what would have been the most substantial headwind of all, which is a default for the first time in our history, and that that will contribute to a more positive environment that we hope will allow for greater growth and job creation.
- Jay Carney
Early One Morning takes time and, I mean, all things like that I felt were very important.
- Anthony Caro
Memory is very important, the memory of each photo taken, flowing at the same speed as the event. During the work, you have to be sure that you haven't left any holes, that you've captured everything, because afterwards it will be too late.
- Henri Cartierbresson
My latter schooldays and my university days were during the war, when science - physics, in particular - was a very important and glamorous subject. A lot of us felt that if we couldn't get into science, we might try engineering or medicine.
- John Henry Carver
I do think that a general liberal arts education is very important, particularly in an uncertain changing world.
- Steve Case
Film is, to me, just unimportant. But people are very important.
- John Cassavetes
The writing is important, but the way you say the line and the pause you give it, the facial expression - all of that is very important.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
As attorney general, I've had some connection with just about every important public issue in the last eight years in Kentucky. All of the important public issues of the day have, at some point.
- Ben Chandler
High school isn't a very important place. When you're going you think it's a big deal, but when it's over nobody really thinks it was great unless they're beered up.
- Stephen King
It's very important to go back and keep in mind the distinction between handling these events as criminal acts, which was the way we did before 9/11, and then looking at 9/11 and saying, "This is not a criminal act," not when you destroy 16 acres of Manhattan, kill 3,000 Americans, blow a big hole in the Pentagon. That's an act of war.
- Dick Cheney
It is a fine thing to be honest, but it is also very important to be right.
- Winston Churchill
Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it's done right. Even a pancake.
- Julia Child
One very important element for me to make a movie is, it has to be unique and different from any other.
- Stephen Chow
Therefore, when we arrive in a place and talk to new people about a new image, it is very hard for them to visualize it. That's where the drawings are very important, because at least we can show a projection of what we believe it will look like.
- Christo
It's very important to always put things in their historical contexts. It teaches important lessons about the country in question.
- Warren Christopher
This is a very important relationship we have with Russia, the relationship over the nuclear arsenal that they have obviously is important. They're a very powerful country.
- Warren Christopher
It's very important not to lose your temper in a courtroom, or in anything else you're doing.
- Warren Christopher
We've had some fairly intensive discussions leading up to these meetings between NATO and Russia, preparing for them, and it's going to be a very important six months for NATO.
- Warren Christopher
I did a series called Ned and Stacey for two years for Fox back in the 90s. I was writer on it as well as a producer, and it was very important to me that there were no contemporary references.
- Thomas Haden Church
I do not lie to you, Watanuki.
Because you are a very important person to me.
- Clamp
Yuuko, speaking to Fai: To all the young ones in your group, you are no longer someone who passes through their lives and is forgotten. You have become someone very important to them. Your hardships are their hardships too.
- Clamp
There's one thing you need to remember. To all the young ones in your group, you are no longer someone who passes through their lives and is forgotten. You have become someone very important to them. Your hardships are their hardships too.
- Clamp
The only currency I value is the coin of the spirit. That's very important in my life.
- Kinky Friedman
Karma is the beginning of knowledge. Next is patience. Patience is very important. The strong are the patient ones, Anjin-san. patience means holding back your inclination to the seven emotions: hate, adoration, joy, anxiety, anger, grief, fear. If you don't give way to the seven, you're patient, then you'll soon understand all manner of things and be in harmony with Eternity.
- James Clavell
Egypt is a large, complex, very important country.
- Hillary Clinton
When you're the presidential nominee you get to pick whomever you choose to be on the ticket, and that person gets to say yes or no because, obviously, it's a very important decision.
- Hillary Clinton
There's something about a catharsis that is very important.
- Glenn Close
I've forgotten most of what I've read and, frankly, it never seemed
very important to me or to the world.
- Leonard Cohen
It's vital to remember who you really are. It's very important. It isn't a good idea to rely on other people or things to do it for you, you see. They always get it wrong.
- Terry Pratchett
Of course, it is very important to be sober when you take an exam. Many worthwhile careers in the street-cleansing, fruit-picking and subway-guitar-playing industries have been founded on a lack of understanding of this simple fact.
- Terry Pratchett
The Departure Aria, a very important and romantic song -
This damn door sticks,
This damn door sticks
It sticks no matter what I do.
It is marked pull and indeed I am pulling
Perhaps it should be marked 'push'?
- Terry Pratchett
A desire not to butt into other people's business is at least eighty percent of all human 'wisdom'...and the other twenty percent isn't very important.
- Robert A Heinlein
World War II had a very important impact on the development of technology, as a whole.
- Barry Commoner
I have always considered that choosing a companion for life was a very important affair and that my happyness or misery in this life depended on the choice.
- Ezra Cornell
One very important aspect of our contemporary musical culture - some might say the supremely important aspect - is its extension in the historical and geographical senses to a degree unknown in the past.
- George Crumb
Virginia Woolf came along in the early part of the century and essentially said through her writing, yes, big books can be written about the traditional big subjects. There is war. There is the search for God. These are all very important things.
- Michael Cunningham
For pain words are lacking. There should be cries, cracks, fissures, whiteness passing over chintz covers, interference with the sense of time, of space ; the sense also of extreme fixity in passing objects ; and sounds very remote and then very close ; flesh being gashed and blood sparting, a joint suddenly twisted - beneath all of which appears something very important, yet remote, to be just held in solitude.
Virginia Woolf, The Waves
- Virginia Woolf
I think people are turning inward more now cause the world's got in such a weird, crazy state. I think its making people think more about their life and what it is really that they are doing. And how do we interact with a world that's going crazy? It's a very important time.
- Dave Davies
We have no quarrel with the Freudians, but we do not put the same stress on sexual matters as they do. Sex is very important, but if it were the single most important thing in life, it would all be much simpler, and I doubt if mankind would have worked so hard to live far beyond the age when sex is the greatest joy.
- Robertson Davies
There was one thing my daddy wouldn't tolerate in any shape, form or fashion, and that was being unkind or rude to somebody. That was just very important to my folks. And as it turns out, that was a legacy that he left me that money can't buy, is how to be able to treat people.
- Paula Deen
Marriage is very important. Marrying a girl is the most important thing a man can do. Never mind business or politics or sport or any of that, there's nothing so vital to the world as a man marrying a woman. That's where we get our children from, that's how the human race goes forward. And if it's too late for children, there's the companionship of a safe and trusted person.
- Frank Delaney
I think I was immediately fed, so food became a very important part of my life.
- Dom Deluise
I think the clothes in Belle de Jour are very important to the style of the film. Even today, it is still timeless.
- Catherine Deneuve
Candor and accountability in a democracy is very important. Hypocrisy has no place.
- Alan Dershowitz
It is very important not to mistake hemlock for parsley, but to believe or not believe in God is not important at all.
- Denis Diderot
How important has Phil Jackson been to the success of the Lakers? He's very important.
- Larry Dixon
Being happy is very important. We won our second championship last season and we have our entire team coming back to try and defend our title again. I'm very proud of that.
- Larry Dixon
Like art and politics, gangsterism is a very important avenue of assimilation into society.
- E L Doctorow
For all Italian people, family is very important. We don't fight with our families.
- Domenico Dolce
Life is very important to Americans.
- Bob Dole
I like you," he said.
He made it sound as if she was bound to disagree with him. She nodded. His face said he was telling her something very important.
He said, "I mean it. Whatever happens, you have to believe that.
- Jenny Downham
One more word that may be useful in the heat of passion: dong. Dong sounds like someone very important has just arrived.
- Joe Dunthorne
When you look good, you feel good. Confidence with what you're wearing is very important. If you feel good, you will always perform your best without worrying about anything.
- Maria Sharapova
I would just like to say something, ladies and gentlemen. Something that I think is very important. It is that, you, we - we own this country. We - we own it. It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it. Politicians are employees of ours.
- Clint Eastwood
I think being able to age gracefully is a very important talent. It is too late for me.
- Clint Eastwood
If you look at the timing of many of the Greek dramas from the theatrical point of view, it's all off, and I think the reason for that is that music played a very important part.
- John Eaton
I think they are very important because westerns have a code and a symbolism.
- Aaron Eckhart
It was very important that it be done in such a way that it be executed with complete conviction. If I had done it both ways, if I was trying to cover myself in case it didn't work, then it would have been to no purpose.
- Atom Egoyan
I've been tremendously moved by a bunch of odd books. Ross McDonald is very important to me. I love the Lew Archer books.
- James Ellroy
The lyrics are constructed as empirically as the music. I don't set out to say anything very important.
- Brian Eno
Jacques Derrida is a very important thinker and philosopher who has made serious contributions to both philosophy and literary criticism. Roland Barthes is the one I feel most affinity for, and Michel Foucault, well, his writing influenced my novel, 'Middlesex.'
- Jeffrey Eugenides
But I say these things in an objective dispassionate manner because, you know, and I can't explain why, but being one of the greatest guitarists in the world simply is not very important to me.
- John Fahey
In this life we have to make many choices. Some are very important choices. Some are not. Many of our choices are between good and evil. The choices we make, however, determine to a large extent our happiness or our unhappiness, because we have to live with the consequences of our choices. Making perfect choices all of the time is not possible. It just doesn't happen. But it is possible to make good choices we can live with and grow from.
- James E Faust
The attitude is very important. Because, your behavior radiates how you feel.
- Lou Ferrigno
I am a man without many pleasures in life, a man whose few pleasures are small, but a man whose small pleasures are very important to him. One of them is eating. One reading. Another reading while eating.
- Amanda Filipacchi
There is the danger of over preparation, of loss of spontaneity; over rehearsal is the most terrible thing you can imagine. We do have a very close association between costume and set designer, though. And the cameraman is very important, of course.
- Terence Fisher
I am very happy because motor racing is very important outside the states, very big all over the world.
- Emerson Fittipaldi
It is very important that when you put something on the grill, you leave it in place to cook. If you move it around too quickly, chances are it is going to stick.
- Bobby Flay
But I feel music has a very important role in ritual activity, and that being able to join in musical activity, along with dancing, could have been necessary at a very early stage of human culture.
- E O Wilson
I think it's very important that the United States keeps out of the local electoral process in Mexico.
- Vicente Fox
Nowadays, as before, the public declaration and confession of Orthodoxy is usually encountered among dull-witted, cruel and immoral people who tend to consider themselves very important. Whereas intelligence, honesty, straightforwardness, good-naturedness and morality are qualities usually found among people who claim to be non-believers.
- Leo Tolstoy
I think it's very important that we instill in our kids that it has nothing to do with their name or their situation that they're growing up in; it has to do with who they are as an individual.
- Melinda Gates
It is very important for people to understand that the United States of America and no country around the world can devalue its way to prosperity, to be competitive. It is not a viable, feasible strategy, and we will not engage in it.
- Timothy Geithner
Feeding is a very important ritual for me. I don't trust people who don't like to eat.
- Gina Gershon
I have three sons, a husband, parents, and I'll fight and get angry, but what is very important that I have found as I've matured, is that I have to move on.
- Jami Gertz
Electric cars are going to be very important for urban transportation.
- Carlos Ghosn
The lack of health care coverage has remained very important to me during my time in Congress and as a member of the House Subcommittee on Health, I am working hard with my colleagues to correct these inequalities.
- Paul Gillmor
The Centre is very important to me; it's about trust - about truth.
- David Ginola
She never envisioned a legal career for me, but she did think it was very important that I be able to support myself, and I think she would be pleased to see what has become of me.
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg
It's very important to know that we packed it right because it is a safety issue for coming home.
- Linda M Godwin
We're talking about the lawyers for the United States of America. And I think it's very, very important that the lawyers be comfortable being very candid and open about their views on very sensitive issues affecting the United States.
- Alberto Gonzales
The draft is one of my favorite events because it is about football. People are focused on how their teams improve. It's a celebration of football. And most importantly, it represents a very important time in the lives of these men who are entering the NFL, and their families.
- Roger Goodell
The movies I watch and the music I listen to and the books I read - those are important to me. It's very important to me, and I don't know what I would do without those things.
- Joseph Gordonlevitt
Courage is very important. Like a muscle, it is strengthened by use.
- Ruth Gordon
That may be a factor because we are the older show; we have been on the air for a while. Is it our day? Is it time to hang it up? But it seems that the show still continues, and we still enjoy being here. And that's a very important element.
- Markpaul Gosselaar
And with each day that passed, the gulf broadened and my isolation became more accentuated. In such a situation, the discovery that my experience was not unique, that it had also been that of other Spanish intellectuals, became very important for me.
- Juan Goytisolo
I keep lists of names of people that I have met, a list of things to do day by day as well as a log of how my time is consumed throughout the day. It's a very important part of my personal discipline.
- Bob Graham
It's very important for the parents of young autistic children to encourage them to talk, or for those that don't talk, to give them a way of communicating, like a picture board, where they can point to a glass of milk, or a jacket if they're cold, or the bathroom. If they want something, then they need to learn to request that thing.
- Temple Grandin
With respect to the environment in our state and our state's future - in addition to water which is very important here - I think it is crucial for him to make a sincere commitment to energy efficiency, fuel efficiency, by helping us to produce those cars of the future.
- Jennifer M Granholm
Fiction is very, very important," he said, his voice is rising. "Storytelling is how people learn. You get people to understand new cultures and other lives through stories. Made-up stories. Fiction.
- Kristine Grayson
Limits are very important.
- Colin Greenwood
The traditions of a nation are very important and the anthem written by Francis Scott Key in the early days of our nation should always be revered.
- Lee Greenwood
The news just came in from the County of Keck
That a very small bug by the name of Van Vleck
Is yawning so wide you can look down his neck.
This may not seem very important, I know, but it
Is, so I'm bothering telling you so.
- Dr Seuss
People still look at me as the champion and that's very important to me.
- Marvin Hagler
Photography is a very important part of my life.
- Conrad Hall
Two points that are very important points to remember and ask: Is it real and does it work?
- Edward T Hall
He backed away from me, clutching the phone to his chest. "What?"
"Gimme the phone," I commanded, holding out my hand.
His head dropped solemnly. "I am on a very important call."
"Yes, about me," I said, reaching for it. "Now give it."
He shrank away and eyed the room anxiously. "Damn, I knew I should have kept a spare roll of duct tape somewhere.
- Karina Halle
If a child smiles, if an adult smiles, that is very important. If in our daily lives we can smile, if we can be peaceful and happy, not only we, but everyone will profit from it. If we really know how to live, what better way to start the day than with a smile? Our smile affirms our awareness and determination to live in peace and joy. The source of a true smile is an awakened mind.
- Nhat Hanh
Smiling is very important. If we are not able to smile, then the world will not have peace. It is not by going out for a demonstration against nuclear missiles that we can bring about peace. It is with our capacity of smiling, breathing, and being peace that we can make peace.
- Nhat Hanh
Even though there's an entertainment value to the film, I think it's very important because you can't really separate the impact of that political message from it. It's rare that you get films like that I think; that really have an important message and are also entertaining.
- Woody Harrelson
There are very important and practical issues raised by following this alternative route which says, let's look to material conditions, to the systems of production, to the needs that human beings have, and to competing alternative solutions to the satisfaction of those needs.
- Marvin Harris
I just don't think that I could be the kind of actor I want to be and not be honest with myself. Honesty is very important to me as an actor and as a person. I didn't even think about it.
- Randy Harrison
And New Year's Eve is very, very important to me.
- Debbie Harry
If we are to change our world view, images have to change. The artist now has a very important job to do. He's not a little peripheral figure entertaining rich people, he's really needed.
- Vaclav Havel
It's very important to reveal the mystery of the pyramid. Science in archaeology is very important. People all over the world are waiting to solve this mystery.
- Zahi Hawass
I don't know what has happened to movies, but lately every movie is at least 20 minutes too long. It used to be that if you were three hours long it was because it was epic - a movie about Gandhi; something with very important subject matters.
- Ethan Hawke
My work and my family are very important to me.
- Stephen Hawking
One-day cricket is a very important part of our play. We've got a long way to go until the next World Cup and for us it's one ruthless game after another where we can play well.
- Matthew Hayden
It is very important that our young people have constructive early work experiences. But it is equally important that their jobs are safe and complement their education, rather than complete it.
- Alexis Herman
It doesn't matter that Bush scares the hell out of me. What matters is that he scares the hell out of a lot of very important people in Washington who can't speak out, in the military, in the intelligence community.
- Seymour Hersh
It might sound odd, but I want to thank Michael Bay because he's been saying how important it is to show 3D with the right luminescence. And that's very important for this film, a lot of which was shot at night or with very low illumination.
- David Heyman
If someone is being absolutely critical of me as a driver, what could they say? I am also critical of myself to try and keep things in perspective. That is very important.
- Damon Hill
Location is a very important aspect to songwriting.
- Ken Hill
It's very important for men to look downward, to the next generation.
- James Hillman
I think America understands that energy security is a very important part of our national security. But if we are going to address energy security in a meaningful way going forward, we need to do it in a new manner. We cannot just be doing the same old thing.
- Chris Van Hollen
But I also want to have a family with children one day, which is very important to me.
- Heidi Klum
What's really interesting is the introduction of the tablet - not just the iPad, but the Nook and the Kindle. While they aren't going to solve all of our problems, I do think they make it easier for people to pause, linger, read and really process very important ideas.
- Chris Hughes
In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be.
- Hubert H Humphrey
In reference to Cat Stevens, it is very, very important we have accurate information on our terrorist watch list and our no fly list and that you have a remedy.
- Asa Hutchinson
What I've really learned over time is that optimism is a very, very important part of leadership.
- Bob Iger
Comments
Post a Comment