Skip to main content

Whats Wrong Quotes

What's wrong with being number 2?
- Mitch Albom

I think you can love a person too much.
You put someone up on a pedestal, and all of a sudden, from that perspective, you notice what's wrong - a hair out of place, a run in a stocking, a broken bone. You spend all your time and energy making it right, and all the while, you are falling apart yourself. You don't even realize what you look like, how far you've deteriorated, because you only have eyes for someone else.
- Jodi Picoult

There are some kinds of wounds you can get, internal injuries. You don't know what's wrong with you, but you're bleeding to death slowly inside.
- Cassandra Clare

What's wrong, little sis? You look upset."
She could barely catch her breath. "Cracked...my...nail polish slapping your... worthless face. See?" She showed him her finger - just one of them.
"Cute" He snorted.
- Cassandra Clare

Damnit.' Isabelle, standing in the mouth of the alley, her wet black hair like a cloak around her shoulders, kicked a trash can out of her way and glowered. 'Oh, for goodness's sake,' she said. 'I can't believe you two. Why? What's wrong with bedrooms? And pivacy?
- Cassandra Clare

People are wrong when they say opera is not what it used to be. It is what it used to be. That is what's wrong with it.
- Noel Coward

Referring to Jumper the spider, who needs to hide himself in human form, and he's learning to act like a human.
"I'm sure I can learn to walk faster than that," he said desperately.
"But you'll also need to learn the nuances of human behavior. Such as not going around naked."
"What's wrong with being natural?" he demanded.
"Humans aren't natural. They are girt about by all manner of conventions. It will take time for you to catch up with them all.
- Piers Anthony

What's wrong with saving dolphins?
- Jennifer L Armentrout

Whatever! Go save a dolphin or something!"
He whirled around. "It's a whale, Alex, a whale! That's what I'm interested in saving."
I threw up my arms. "What's wrong with saving dolphins?
- Jennifer L Armentrout

Stani walks in later, glaring at them both.
"Bloody bastards. One minute punching each other, next minute reading poetry. What's wrong with everyone this week?"
Tom can tell that
- Melina Marchetta

Aren't you supposed to be taking my order?' I asked.
'Bite me. And then you can tell me what's wrong.
- Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Dammit, Vik. How can you not know what's wrong with this thing? Can't you commune with it or something? (Devyn)
My name is not 'Dammit, Vik' and I find it ironic that you think I can commune with all metal beings when you can barely communicate your point of view to your own parents. And they birthed you. I did not give birth to this ship. Last time I checked, I was male and that would be impossible on a multitude of levels. (Vik)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

You? You can't believe this? I'm the one who has to go to Artemis to save your ass. She was freaking out over Zarek, now how the hell do I explain to her that Mr. Cool-Calm-and-Collected was doing his impression of Spider Man in a bar loaded with tourists and ended up as the main feature on Tokyo news as what's wrong with American culture? Question. How many rules did you break in less than a minute? (Acheron)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

I think I know what's wrong with you... Walk up onto that pitcher's mound... Does your stomach hurt now?"
"Yes! Ow! Ooo! Yes!"
"All right, now come down off the mound... There... Has it stopped hurting?"
"Yes... Yes, I think it has!"
"There's your trouble... Five cents, please!
- Charles M Schulz

What's wrong with you? I asked myself. You are a happy person. You are an upbeat sort of person. Men smile at you on the subway, women ask you what shampoo you use. Cheer up for Christ's sake, I told myself, relax, you're fine, be happy, Girl. When I talk to myself I call myself Girl.
- Jennifer Belle

You don't get it, do you?" I said. "It's not a question of 'what then'. Some people get a kick out of reading railroad timetables and that's all they do all day. Some people make huge model boats out of matchsticks. So what's wrong if there happens to be one guy in the world who enjoys trying to understand you?
- Haruki Murakami

I think I just don't like names. Basically, I can't see what's wrong with calling me 'me' or you 'you' or us 'us' or them 'them.
- Haruki Murakami

So what's wrong if there happens to be one guy in the world who enjoys trying to understand you?
- Haruki Murakami

I started thinking: 'Okay, what's wrong with wearing a bikini? I look better than I looked in quite a few years, so why not? What am I afraid of?
- Valerie Bertinelli

There is a difficulty with only one person changing. People call that person a great saint or a great mystic or a great leader, and they say, 'Well, he's different from me - I could never do it.' What's wrong with most people is that they have this block - they feel they could never make a difference, and therefore, they never face the possibility, because it is too disturbing, too frightening.
- David Bohm

If you tell someone you're divorced they don't even blink, but tell them you've never been married and they wonder what's wrong with you.
- Stephanie Bond

What's wrong
with being out there, out there like a star
shining in the night when that's the only way
the star can be seen? You never tell a star:
Hey
Tone it down.
- James Howe

What's wrong with assholes, baby?
- Charles Bukowski

WHAT'S WRONG WITH ASSHOLES, BABY? YOU'VE GOT AN ASSHOLE, I'VE GOT AN ASSHOLE! YOU GO TO THE STORE AND BUY A PORTERHOUSE STEAK, THAT HAS AN ASSHOLE! ASSHOLES COVER THE EARTH! IN A WAY TREES HAVE ASSHOLES BUT YOU CAN'T FIND THEM, THEY JUST DROP THEIR LEAVES. YOUR ASSHOLE, MY ASSHOLE, THE WORLD IS FULL OF BILLIONS OF ASSHOLES. THE PRESIDENT HAS AN ASSHOLE, THE CARWASH BOY HAS AN ASSHOLE, THE JUDGE AND THE MURDERER HAVE ASSHOLES...EVEN PURPLE STICKPIN HAS AN ASSHOLE!
- Charles Bukowski

Most times, it's just a lot easier not to let the world know what's wrong.
- Chuck Palahniuk

Are you okay?"
"Leave me alone, Charlie."
"No, really. What's wrong?"
"You wouldn't understand."
"I could try."
"That's a laugh. That's really a laugh."
"Do you want me to wake up Mom and Dad then?"
"No."
"Well, maybe they could -"
"CHARLIE! SHUT UP! OKAY?! JUST SHUT UP!
- Stephen Chbosky

I just wish that God or my parents or Sam or my sister or someone would just tell me what's wrong with me. Just tell me how to be different in a way that makes sense. To make this all go away. And disappear. I know that's wrong because it's my responsibility, and I know that things get worse before they get better because that's what my psychiatrist says, but this is a worse that feels too big.
- Stephen Chbosky

I don't know what's wrong with me. It's like all I can do is keep writing this gibberish to keep from breaking apart.
- Stephen Chbosky

What's wrong with being a boring kind of guy?
- George H W Bush

I don't care what the polls say. I don't. I'm doing what I think what's wrong.
- George W Bush

Empty knight, Harry! Morgan? Morgan? What's wrong with your head?" Thomas shrugged.
"I don't think he did it."
Morgan wouldn't cross the street to piss on you if you were on fire!" Thomas growled, "He's finally getting his comeuppance. Why should you lift a finger?
- Jim Butcher

What's wrong with you?" Nika asks Madoc. He responds, "I'm an incurable asshole.
- Shannon K Butcher

claire:shes floating whats wrong with that
shane:Nothing but she didnt even insult me now thats just wrong.it desturbs me.
- Rachel Caine

Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am. Yours truly,
- Gilbert K Chesterton

The Reformer is always right about what's wrong. However, he's often wrong about what is right.
- Gilbert K Chesterton

We live in a society that blames everybody else for what's wrong.
- Max Cannon

One of the mistakes many of us make is that we feel sorry for ourselves, or for others, thinking that life should be fair, or that someday it will be. It's not and it won't. When we make this mistake we tend to spend a lot of time wallowing and/or complaining about what's wrong with life. "It's not fair," we complain, not realizing that, perhaps, it was never intended to be.
- Richard Carlson

I've stabbed two people with a fork today. What's wrong with me?
- Patrick Carman

What's wrong with you? Are you ill? I forbid you to be ill, wife.
- Gail Carriger

So I guess this makes me your sidekick, right?" he asked. "Like I could be..." "Robin?"
He scowled. "I ain't no Robin."
"What's wrong with Robin?"
"What's wrong?" Ray rolled his eyes. "Two words: green Speedo. And he was lame. Batman was always having to save his ass." I didn't say anything.
- Karen Chance

What's wrong with my proposition?" Poirot rose. "If you will forgive me for being personal-I do not like your face, M. Ratchett.
- Agatha Christie

You've a pretty good nerve," said Ratchett. "Will twenty thousand dollars tempt you?"
It will not."
If you're holding out for more, you won't get it. I know what a thing's worth to me."
I, also M. Ratchett."
What's wrong with my proposition?"
Poirot rose. "If you will forgive me for being personal - I do not like your face, M. Ratchett," he said.
- Agatha Christie

When it all come down to it, the thing that matters most in a relationship is principles We have the same idea what's right and what's wrong, and that's got us through any number of things. If you can have that with someone, then you're most of the way toward love. Not just lover-love. Any kind of love.
- David Levithan

The car suddenly veered off the road and we came to a sliding halt in the gravel. I was hurled against the dashboard. My attorney was slumped over the wheel. "What's wrong?" I yelled. "We can't stop here. This is bat country!
- Hunter S Thompson

That seems to point up a significant difference between Europeans and Americans. A European says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with me?" An American says: "I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?
- Terry Pratchett

A European says: I can't understand this, what's wrong with me? An American says: I can't understand this, what's wrong with him?
I make no suggestion that one side or other is right, but observation over many years leads me to believe it is true.
- Terry Pratchett

Is that how you're going to take me? Scare me into voluntarily coming aboard, then steal my Ice Cube?"
"It's always cubes with you," noted Foaly, somewhat randomly. "What's wrong with a nice sphere?
- Eoin Colfer

Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved.
- Walt Disney

What's wrong? Are you trying to make me lose it? Why didn't you say something when I came in?"
"I didn't know I was supposed to. You called out for your mom. I didn't know I was required to announce my presence like it was roll call.
- Eileen Cook

The thing about grown ups is that they're always wanting you to be this Great Hero and Leader. What's wrong with being NORMAL, for Thor's sake? What's wrong with just being SO-SO at stuff? They're just totally unrealistic..
- Cressida Cowell

You know what's wrong with scientific power? It's a form of inherited wealth. And you know what assholes congenitally rich people are.
- Michael Crichton

Challenging someone is good. You need to do it. Sometimes they don't even realize you're doing it, like when you joke with a goalie, 'What's wrong today? You losing it?'
- Sidney Crosby

It's funny how people who ain't never been down there can think that America is so fair and that we should be alright. It's funny that the people who have their foot on our neck are telling us, 'Get up. What's wrong with you?'
- Ice Cube

After a minute or so, Lex pushed him away. "Stop."
"Why?" He looked horrified. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing-"
"Was it that thing I did with my tongue?"
"Um, no. Your tongue and its many talents are perfect. Keep up the good work." She reached into her pocket and pulled out a crumpled-up scrap of paper.
- Gina Damico

What's wrong with my clothing?' she asked, glancing down the length of her body, clothed in a tank top and shorts.
He helped her up, unable to stifle a grin. 'Let's just say women do not dress like that in 1863.
- Suzannah Daniels

Can I keep you? he whispered, laughing and pulling away from her as soon as the words came out. Whats wrong with me? I'm quoting Casper.
- J M Darhower

I know people are pretty well embarrassed just at the mention of colon cancer. Sticking a tube in you to find out what's wrong is not a nice thing. But I can tell them, a 30- or 40-minute test is worth it. We have to make them feel more comfortable about getting screened.
- Eric Davis

I mean, to me, freaking out is different. More of a running away, not telling anyone what's wrong, slowly simmering until you burst kind of thing.
- Sarah Dessen

What's the matter with you?" Tristan asked roughly. "It's not my fault there aren't any mice about. What's wrong?"
"Quit breaking your heart," Thomas said.
- Susan Dexter

I think it bothers people to see people that are happy and successful. So they try to find what's wrong with them.
- Celine Dion

I don't need you to tell me I'm not well, though I don't really know what's wrong with me; I think I'm five times healthier than you are.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I miss school.
What's wrong with me?
- Wendelin Van Draanen

What's wrong? Has Francis been rude? Then you must try to overlook it. I know you wouldn't think so, but he is thoroughly upset by Tom Erskine's death; and when Francis is troubled he doesn't show it, he just goes and makes life wretched for somebody.
- Dorothy Dunnett

I'll tell you what's wrong with dumb-shit patriotism--it's delusional! It signifies nothing but the American need to win
- John Irving

Oh God, what's wrong with me? Why does nothing ever work out?
- Helen Fielding

His father had said once that the hardest choices in life aren't between what's right and what's wrong but between what's right and what's best.
- Jamie Ford

The hardest choices in life aren't between what's right and what's wrong but between what's right and what's best.
- Jamie Ford

What's wrong with writing about love? Everybody longs for love.
- Kate Forsyth

Seasickness... is caused... by the disturbance... to the inner ear " he said. " You just need... to... look... at... the horizon..." His last words disappeared as he vomited violently over the side of the boat. "What's wrong " "Doctor Death is seasick.
- Kate Forsyth

We eat animals because they taste good. And if that's O.K., what's wrong with wearing fur? We need as a society to think seriously about our institutionalized animal use.
- Gary L Francione

If you want to know why all writers are a little crazy read 'The Midnight Disease' by Alice W. Flaherty. She talks about the drive to write, writer's block, and the creative brain. I know what's wrong with me!
- Dorothea Benton Frank

Fang swerved closer to me, big and supremely graceful, like a black panther with wings.
Oh, God. I'm so stupid. Forget I just said that.
"He needs a Band-Aid," I said. A look passed between me and Fang, full of suppressed humor, relief, understanding,love Forget I said that too. I don't know what's wrong with me.
- James Patterson

Remind me again what's wrong with Dave Matthews?"
"Basically everything, except technical proficiency," Walter said.
"Right."
"But maybe especially the banality of the lyrics. 'Gotta be free, so free, yeah, yeah, yeah. Can't live without my freedom, yeah yeah.' That's pretty much every song.
- Jonathan Franzen

Remember: when people tell you something's wrong or doesn't work, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what's wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
- Neil Gaiman

I can't see what's wrong about assuming intelligence in your audience and what's bad news about being rewarded for assuming that.
- Steven Moffat

So you think that you're a failure, do you? Well, you probably are. What's wrong with that? In the first place, if you've any sense at all you must have learned by now that we pay just as dearly for our triumphs as we do for our defeats. Go ahead and fail. But fail with wit, fail with grace, fail with style. A mediocre failure is as insufferable as a mediocre success. Embrace failure! Seek it out. Learn to love it. That may be the only way any of us will ever be free.
- Tom Robbins

What's the matter with you tonight?" he asked when we were out of earshot of Stirling and Co.
"I told you."
"No," he said, "it isn't just the murder tonight. Hell, I've seen you kill people and be less upset afterwards. What's wrong?
- Laurell K Hamilton

What's wrong with mistakes? Not that I'd know. No one's ever let me make any.
- Lisi Harrison

Ivy rose to rinse the carafe. She leaned close to me, running the water to blur her words as she muttered, What's wrong with her? She's crying over her tea.
- Kim Harrison

Al brought his attention back down from the ceiling. You really don't want to have sex with him? Why? What's wrong with him?
- Kim Harrison

I jerked to a stop at the door to my room. "What's wrong with my boots?" I said, thinking they were the only thing that I was going to keep on. Ah...the only thing from this outfit, not the only thing total.
- Kim Harrison

Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you, and just before you realize what's wrong with it.
- Rex Harrison

How do you feel, Georgie?" whispered Mrs. Weasley.
George's fingers groped for the side of his head.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him?" croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm HOLEY, Fred, geddit?
- J K Rowling

I also think that what's wrong with all of us is that we don't show enough love toward each other.
- Little Richard

Sometimes you're going to be faced with situations where the line isn't clear between what's right and what's wrong.Your heart will tell you to do one thing and your brain will tell you to do something different. In the end, all that's left is to look at both sides and go with your best judgment.
- Carl Hiaasen

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?
- Bill Hicks

We approach people the same way we approach our cars. We take the poor kid to a doctor and ask, What's wrong with him, how much will it cost, and when can I pick him up?
- James Hillman

Okay. So, apparently I find burly Indian men attractive. What's wrong with that?
- Colleen Houck

I heard someone in opposition to reform last night criticize the president for saying it's their money. They said it's not their money; it's my mother's money. Well that's what's wrong with the system.
- Johnny Isakson

She had me from Hello," I say to Zizzy.
"What's wrong with you dude? She never said Hell. She always welcomes us with blood dripping fangs and a horde of corpses surrounding her." Zizzy protests.
"Monsters have their own way to say Hello, moron. They just need someone to get it, that this is actually hello.
- Cameron Jace

When you sing gospel you have a feeling there is a cure for what's wrong.
- Mahalia Jackson

I always want to know what's wrong with you, why you ain't smiling. That's just my character; I just love people and want to see people having a good time.
- Wyclef Jean

Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
- Steve Jobs

I'm only going to stand before God and give an account for my life, not for somebody else's life. If I have a bad attitude, then I need to say there's no point in me blaming you for what's wrong in my life.
- Joyce Meyer

You won't ever catch me wearing an oven mitt, because what's wrong with a regular condom? If I'm wearing an oven mitt, I'm too late, because you've already got one in the oven.
- Jarod Kintz

How can I clearly see what's wrong with someone else, and then look at myself as though I'm standing in front of a fogged mirror?
- Jarod Kintz

They're just talking. They're flirting kind of like they're strangers, but at the same time they also seem to know each other really well. I don't get it."
"So they're taking it slow. What's wrong with that?" Bill asked. "Kids today, they just want things to go fast-- boom boom BOOM.
- Lauren Kate

What's wrong with living in a dream world? You have to wake up.
- Sue Monk Kidd

Becky! Love!" Mum has pushed her way through her dancing guests to reach me. "What's wrong? Has labor started?"
Honestly. My family has no idea about contemporary urban street dance trends.
- Sophie Kinsella

What's wrong with just talking? Isn't that why bars were invented? So you could talk to somebody over a drinkas opposed to sitting at home alone getting sloshed?
- Kate Klise

Otter pulls me up to the bar and leans over. "What's wrong? You stink!"
he shouts.
I glare at him. "I smell fine, you asshole. I used your cologne."
He rolls his eyes and comes closer, his lips against my ear. I shiver. "I
said, what do you want to drink?
- Tj Klune

I'm not young. What's wrong with that?
- Vivien Leigh

Of course I'm ambitious. What's wrong with that? Otherwise you sleep all day.
- Ringo Starr

What's wrong is that we are not participating to make this the type of government it needs to be.
- Mike Lowry

We can always choose to perceive things differently. You can focus on what's wrong in your life, or you can focus on what's right.
- Marianne Williamson

When we're all gone at last then there'll be nobody here but death and his days will be numbered too. He'll be out in the road there with nothing to do and nobody to do it to. He'll say: where did everybody go? And that's how it will be. What's wrong with that?
- Cormac Mccarthy

I know your kind, he said. What's wrong with you is wrong all the way through you.
- Cormac Mccarthy

What's wrong with people?" she says, almost too quiet for me to hear. "Were they born with parts missing or did it fall out somewhere along the way?
- Isaac Marion

What are you going to do? What do you want to do?" she prompted.
"I'm going to go try to help Niall. He's not acting like himself, and I have a theory on what's wrong," he told her. "Then afterward I'm going to ask you to marry me.
- Melissa Marr

I remember we woke up one morning at Denny's house and John Phillips called. He said, you guys okay? We said, yeah, what's wrong, what's going on? He said, well, everybody's dead over at Sharon's house at Terry Melcher's place.
- Barry Mcguire

And now they are getting married, and I'm still single! What's wrong with me?
- Mark Mckinney

What's wrong with selfishness and egotism? We live to die smiling, don't we?
- Kazuya Minekura

That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.-Rhett Butler
- Margaret Mitchell

No, I don't think I will kiss you, although you need kissing, badly. That's what's wrong with you. You should be kissed and often, and by someone who knows how.
- Margaret Mitchell

I put my hands on my hips. "What's wrong with the way I look?"
"Come on, Vi," he says, keeping his voice low. "You just need to add your boots and you're like the forest version of Lara Croft."
"Excuse me? Lara who?"
"I mean, it's really sexy and everything." He pulls me closer and slips his arms around my waist. "But it's not exactly the way I'd want you to meet my mom.
- Rachel Morgan

I said you lie, knave!" shouted Beaumains, drawing his sword. "And for telling such craven falsehoods, you must die!"
The knight looked plaintively at Roger. "What's wrong with this fellow?"
He was dropped on his head when he was a baby," answered Roger.
- Gerald Morris

That's what's wrong with women. They want you to wait for them until they get ready and then they don't even tell you how they feel.
- Walter Dean Myers

Travelling', she sighed.'So predictable.'
'What's wrong with travelling?'
'Avoiding reality more like.'
'I think reality is over-rated,' he said in the hope that this might come across as dark and charismatic.
- David Nicholls

CEASE FIRE,' Captain Johansen shouted. 'Cease fire, what's wrong with you guys? Stop wasting the goddamn ammo. CEASE FIRE!'
Cease fire,' the lieutenants hollered.
Cease fire,' the platoon sergeants hollered.
Cease the goddamn fire,' shouted the squad leaders.
That,' I told Barney, 'is the chain of command.
- Tim O Brien

Taking the law into your own hands, fuck what's wrong with that?
- Joyce Carol Oates

All rehab can do is tell you what's wrong with you and then suggest ways for you to get better.
- Ozzy Osbourne

There's only one cure for what's wrong with all of us pitchers, and that's to take a year off. Then, after you've gone a year without throwing, quit altogether.
- Jim Palmer

Half way down, he encountered saphira, who had jammed her head and neck as far up the stair as she could, gouging the wood in her frenzy.
Little one. She flicked out her tongue and caught him on the hand with its rough tip. He smiled. Then she arched her neck and tried to pull back, but to no avail.
What's wrong?
I'm stuck.
You're... He could not help it;he laughed even though it hurt. The situation was too absurd.
- Christopher Paolini

The liberals think government exists to fix what's wrong with America. They find fault with our Constitution, our economic model and our core values. We disagree with the premise of their argument. We believe there's nothing wrong with America that an extra dose of freedom won't cure.
- Rick Perry

Instead of asking what's wrong with rampant consumerism, we ought to be asking, 'What justifies it?' Popular art does not have to pander to the lowest level of intelligence and taste.
- Bill Watterson

Yet, ironically, it is her very wretchedness that makes me pity her so. I don't know what's wrong with me. I don't know what to do!
- Christopher Pike

Ultimately I think what people care about, particularly on an issue like Social Security, is not really what's right and what's left but what's right and what's wrong.
- John Podesta

There must be something terribly wrong with me that I'm unable to find joy in the world of work." He always wrote. And of course all his friends were forever saying to him "What's wrong with you that you can't get this wonderful program?" Perhaps you understand for the first time now that my role here is to bring you this tremendous news, that there's nothing wrong here with YOU. You are not what's wrong.
- Daniel Quinn

When you knit, if you get something wrong and keep knitting, then when you discover it, you have to rip out all those rows of stitching to go back and fix it, Life is like that. Sometimes, it has to rip out all the stitches to go back and fix what's wrong.
- Lani Diane Rich

The law requires a paper towel ad to be scrupulously honest, but allows political candidates to lie without reproach. What's wrong with this picture?
- Jef I Richards

Are you really going to work in that?" Maura asked.
Blue looked at her clothing. It involved a few thin layering shirts, including one she had altered using a method called shredding. "What's wrong with it?"
Maura shrugged. "Nothing. I always wanted an eccentric daughter. I just never realised how well my evil plans were working.
- Maggie Stiefvater

Aidan to Jude: What's wrong with running away if where you were didn't suit you? Doesn't it follow you're funning to something else? Something that does suit you?
- Nora Roberts

What's wrong with sweetness and light? It's been around quite awhile.
- Richard Rodgers

Roxane: His face is like yours, burning with spirit and imagination. He is proud and noble and young and fearless and beautiful-
Cyrano:(losing all his colour.) Beautiful!
Roxane: Yes. What's wrong?
Cyrano: With me? Nothing. It's only... only... (Displaying his bandaged hand, with a little smile.) This fatal wound.
- Edmond Rostand

The nature of comedy is 'just do it.' But I think what's interesting about it is this joke has been around and why. And it's just saying what's wrong and how wrong can you be if you say it.
- Bob Saget

Gay isn't wrong or right. It just is. What's wrong is hating yourself because of it. You're going to spend more time with yourself than with anyone else in your life. You want to spend that whole time fighting who you are?
- Alex Sanchez

What's wrong with being naked?
--Zeena Schreck on AMLA to Christian Minister Jerry Johnston
- Zeena Schreck

What's wrong?" he said. "I'll tell you what's wrong: you're killing us."
"But I thought that's what you wanted?"
"We did," my mother wept, "but not this way."
It hadn't occurred to me until that moment, but I seemed to have come full circle. What started as a dodge had inadvertently become my life's work, an irony I never could have appreciated had my extraordinary parents not put me through Princeton.
- David Sedaris

from Assata's time cooking at the free breakfast program for kids:
One little girl came over to me and tapped me on the back.
'There's something wrong with your pancakes.'
'What's wrong with them?'
'They don't taste good.
- Assata Shakur

What's wrong with you?" He sneered. "You're not her, that's what's wrong with you. What's she got that you don't? Bitch, she's got me and you never fuckin' did.
- Madeline Sheehan

Am I your dom, little rabbit?"
"Yes." Her red-brown brows drew together. "What's wrong?"
"Not a thing." He gave her a faint smile, and his gravelly voice deepened. "I thought I'd tell you we're getting married next month."

- Cherise Sinclair

He wanted to give me a blade? What's wrong with that?"
"Blades," he whispered, "and sheaths go together. And your sheath will only ever hold my blade.
- Nalini Singh

What I say should always be prefaced with this: I'm not really politically articulate. I just try to be like Thomas Paine: what is common sense? So when I say these things to you, I am speaking from a humanist point of view. I just look around and see what's wrong.
- Patti Smith

If you keep saying two plus two equals five over and over again, then that is what people are going to think. Maybe it does equal five if we keep changing the definition of what's normal and what's right and what's wrong.
- Kevin Sorbo

It may sound corny, but what's wrong with wanting to fight for your country. Why are people reluctant to use the word patriotism?
- Jimmy Stewart

Wait a minute! Wait a minute! I figured this out.
I know what's wrong with what we've done in Iraq.
We've been following time as it goes forward.
What a classic mistake. Linear time is so pre-9-11.
- Jon Stewart

I go outside, and I'm wearing a funky T-shirt and my hair is dirty, and people say, 'What's wrong with her? She needs to invest in a hairbrush.'
- Kristen Stewart

Oh, here's a clever one. Do you remember this question from the first test?It reads, 'What wrong with this statement?' And do you know what Constance wrote in reply? She wrote, 'What's wrong with you?
- Trenton Lee Stewart

The United States can tell you all about what's wrong with the British, to say nothing of the Russians.
- Arthur Hays Sulzberger

I've never heard of anybody smoking a joint and going on a rampage. It makes you lie around on the floor and look at the ceiling. What's wrong with that?
- Billy Bob Thornton

What's wrong with the world Peter?
God, I don't know. Where do you start? People give up. We're defeatists and we stop striving or fighting or enjoying things. It doesn't matter what you're talking about - war, work, marriage, democracy, love, it all fails because everybody gives up trying after a while, we can't help ourselves. And don't ask me to solve it because I am the worst. I'd escape tomorrow if I could, from every single thing I've always wanted.
- Jenny Valentine

What am I always going to do? I'm going to go home and freak out.I'm going to sit with my family and try not to talk about myself and what's wrong. Im going to try and eat. Then I'm going to try and sleep. I dread it. I can't eat and I can't sleep. I'm not doing well in terms of being a functional human, you know?
- Ned Vizzini

Mr _ start up from his seat,look at Shug, plop back down again. He look over at me. I thought you was finally happy, hes say. What wrong now?
You a lowdown dog is what's wrong, I say. It's time to leave you and enter into Creation. And your dead body just the welcome mat I need.
- Alice Walker

You a low down dog is what's wrong. It's time to leave you and enter into the creation. And your dead body just the welcome mat I need.
- Alice Walker

We're kind of wishing some parents would come back. And of course we're uneasy about the fact that we wish they'd come back - I mean, what's wrong with us?
- David Foster Wallace

Postmodern irony and cynicism's become an end in itself, a measure of hip sophistication and literary savvy. Few artists dare to try to talk about ways of working toward redeeming what's wrong, because they'll look sentimental and naive to all the weary ironists. Irony's gone from liberating to enslaving. There's some great essay somewhere that has a line about irony being the song of the prisoner who's come to love his cage.
- David Foster Wallace

I can relate to having those people in your life that you feel are moving on to this great, big, normal life and you're like, 'What's wrong with me?'
- Kristen Wiig

What's wrong with hip-hop is the system that controls the definition of it. There needs to be more balance on the airwaves.
- Saul Williams

I am a conservative type of person, so sometimes when I'm chilling with myself, people always come ask me, 'What's wrong with you? What are you wondering about?'
- Wayne Wonder

I've been around many girls who have been super outgoing. And a lot of times, they would say to me, "Why are you so quiet? What's wrong with you?" And I'm like, "I don't know. That's just the way I am." So if I found the perfect girl she would totally get that and say, "You're quiet, and that's the way I love you.
- Adam Young

And while I'm at it, I'll find out what's wrong with your sister, too.
- Suzanne Young

There's nothing wrong with self-improvement, as long as you recognize that at some point you're going to have to accept yourself in all your imperfect glory. What's wrong with liking yourself the way you are?
- Jessica Zafra

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater