Skip to main content

Wrong Way Quotes

Putting the budget ahead of the policy is the wrong way to do it. It's too often the way it's done in Washington.
- Spencer Abraham

Let's teach that loving isn't always loving. Like when you loved the hamster so much that it died. Some adults do that too. Too much, the wrong way. These are 'Stay away' zones on your body. These are 'Stay away' people. You don't have to obey all adults. Not even parents. Disagree respectfully. Run, if you need. Shout, if you need. Adults can be bad too.
- Deborah Ainslie

If she was getting anywhere on this journey, it was still the wrong way.
- Jodi Picoult

The optimist in me wants to believe sexuality will eventually become like handwriting: there's no right way and wrong way to do it. We're all just wired differently. It's also worth noting that when you meet someone, you never bother to ask if he's right or left-handed. After all: does it really matter to anyone other than the person holding the pen?
- Jodi Picoult

In a society which is structured the wrong way, piety has no effect.
- Friedrich Durrenmatt

Don't take this the wrong way, but you smell like Magnus.
- Cassandra Clare

How wrong people always were when they said: 'It's better to know the worst than go on not knowing either way.' No; they had it exactly the wrong way round. Tell me the truth, doctor, I'd sooner know. But only if the truth is what I want to hear.
- Kingsley Amis

Bad days, good days, 'I'll cut you if you look at me the wrong way' days. I'll take them all.
- Ilona Andrews

I see that there will be no end to imperfection, or to doing things the wrong way. Even if you grow up, no matter how hard you scrub, whatever you do, there will always be some other stain or spot on your face or stupid act, somebody frowning.
- Margaret Atwood

For life is terribly deficient in form. Its catastrophes happen in the wrong way and to the wrong people. There is a grotesque horror about its comedies, and its tragedies seem to culminate in farce.
- Oscar Wilde

Did they practice looking suspicious in mirrors? Welcome to the United States. Don't even think about chewing gum the wrong way.' (Carlos)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

While there was a playfulness to their caustic bards, there was also an aura of "I'll kick your ass back to the Steel Age if you so much as breathe my air the wrong way."' (Alix)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

It's sometimes funny to watch some people doing
something the wrong way but doing it confidently.
Even more funny, they succeeded.
- Toba Beta

To make us feel small in the right way is a function of art; men can only make us feel small in the wrong way.
- E M Forster

It's the wrong way. She's farther away from the door now. It occurs to me that some people only have book smarts.
- Kendare Blake

Every country has an aspect to it that rubs up people the wrong way.
- John Bolton

There is a wrong way of staying in the world and a wrong way of fleeing from it. In both cases we are fashioning ourselves according to the world.
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

There are more ways of skinning a cat than rubbing its fur the wrong way.
- J Carter Brown

Lucky Tyler: "Yeah, you're here, looking more like the preacher's wife come calling than an overnight alibi. Who's gonna believe I tumbled you?" The devil in him was kicking up his heels, goading him to say things he knew damn well would rub her the wrong way. But he felt he was justified in being ornery. He didn't particularly like her attitude either.
Devon Haines:"What did you expect me to wear? A negligee?"
Lucky Tyler: "I----
- Sandra Brown

Even if you tell yourself "Today I'm going to drink coffee the wrong way... from a dirty boot." Even that would be right, because you chose to drink coffee from that boot.
Because you can do nothing wrong. You are always right. Even when you say, "I'm such an idiot, I'm so wrong..." you're right. You're right about being wrong. You're right even when you're an idiot.
No matter how stupid your idea, you're doomed to be right because it's yours.
- Chuck Palahniuk

Tyson," I said "We're turning around!"
Going the wrong way?" he asked.
Always," I grumbled, but I steered the chariot towards the stands.
- Rick Riordan

The hell to be endured hereafter, of which theology tells, is no worse than the hell we make for ourselves in this world by habitually fashioned our characters in the wrong way.
- William James

Anyone who can't learn from other people's mistakes simply can't learn, and that;s all there is to it. There is value in the wrong way of doing things. The knowledge gained from errors contributes to our knowledge base.
- Ben Carson

And I just think that we're at a point in our economic life here in our state - and - and, candidly, across the country, where increased taxes is just the wrong way to go. The people of our state are not convinced that state government, county government, local government has done all they can with the money we already give them, rather than the money that we have before.
- Chris Christie

I don't have the heart to tell him that's the wrong way to think about the world. There will always be more questions. Every answer leads to more questions. The only way to survive is to let some of them go.
- David Levithan

Keep your vocabulary as wide as you can. I have some difficulty with the word 'cool', and I'm not too bothered about the word 'awesome'. People like me are looking to people like you guys of the next generation to deal with this shit. It's like seeing a rock guitarist pick up a Fender Stratocaster and hold it the wrong way.
- Terry Pratchett

There's a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. And it's wrong. All roads lead away from Ankh-Morpork, but sometimes people just walk along them the wrong way.
- Terry Pratchett

This is Art holding a Mirror up to Life. That's why everything is exactly the wrong way around.
- Terry Pratchett

If you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, you are looking the wrong way.
- Barry Commoner

I was training to be an electrician. I suppose I got wired the wrong way round somewhere along the line.
- Elvis Presley

And ordering me around is exactly the wrong way to make me do what you want.
- Lilith Saintcrow

Pull the hair on my head the wrong way, and I would be on my knees begging for mercy. I have very sensitive follicles.
- Benedict Cumberbatch

...and there I was sending all the wrong signals to the right people in the wrong ways. Again, again, again.
- Emily M Danforth

I have an elbow that bends the wrong way, and I'd do things like stand in an elevator and the doors would close, and I'd pretend that my arm had got caught in it, and then I'd scream, 'Ow, ow, put it back!'
- Geena Davis

There is no right or wrong way to tell a story. You have to find your own way. You can get your idea from listening, looking, or imagining. Stories are everywhere. All you have to do is pay attention.
- Kate Dicamillo

History is an endless repetition of the wrong way of living.
- Lawrence Durrell

There are so many roads you can take that will lead you the wrong way, that nobody will hear your name.
- Maria Sharapova

I was in a maze. No matter which way I turned, it was the wrong way.
- Umberto Eco

It is one of the tragedies of the half-educated that they develop late, when they are already committed to some wrong way of life.
- George Orwell

I don't want to be carried out of a club wearing a tie-dye T-shirt and a cap on the wrong way around when I am 70, but I would like to settle down a bit. Maybe with a partner.
- Rupert Everett

I feel too much. That's what's going on.' 'Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?' 'My insides don't match up with my outsides.' 'Do anyone's insides and outsides match up?' 'I don't know. I'm only me.' 'Maybe that's what a person's personality is: the difference between the inside and outside.' 'But it's worse for me.' 'I wonder if everyone thinks it's worse for him.' 'Probably. But it really is worse for me.
- Jonathan Safran Foer

Wrong way, Bones. The men's showers are in the opposite direction."
I'll file that away with all the other information that doesn't pertain to me" was Bones' mocking reply.
- Jeaniene Frost

Can I stay with the other angel, then? The blond."
Thane? "Why?" he demanded.
"Don't take this the wrong way, but I like him better than I like you."
There was a right way to take that statement? Honesty was to be commended, and yet Zacharel suddenly battled an inexplicable need to shake her. "You cannot know who you like better. You only spent a few seconds in his company."
"Sometimes a few seconds is all it takes."
-Annabelle and Zacharel
- Gena Showalter

Hey, don't take this the wrong way, but don't come back, ok?
- Cornelia Funke

going only part of the way is not the same as going the wrong way
- Jostein Gaarder

If the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way.
- Terry Goodkind

Zedd used to tell me that if the road is easy, you're likely going the wrong way. - Richard
- Terry Goodkind

there are countless ways to live upon this tremendous sphere in mirth and good health, and probably only one way - the industrialized, urbanized, herding way - to live here stupidly, and man has hit upon that one wrong way
- Tom Robbins

Ginny Weasley, who sat next to Colin Creevey in Charms, was distraught, but Harry felt that Fred and George were going the wrong way about cheering her up. They were taking turns covering themselves with fur or boils and jumping out at her from behind statues.
- J K Rowling

How the duece would you know the right way to go on if you was never taught anything but the wrong way?
- Georgette Heyer

There is no wrong way to perform an act of kindness.
- Catherine Ryan Hyde

There's too many actors in LA. I mean, I'll go out there from time to time, but I always find it pretty soul-destroying. I don't drive, and the people kind of rub me the wrong way. It's just not home. You know? It's not New York. It's not... my town.
- Michael Imperioli

Building a house is like producing a movie. There's no right way to do it but a lot of wrong ways. You have to be flexible and creative. You have to move fast, be prepared - or it quickly becomes costly.
- Jeremy Renner

The first kiss plummeted him down a hole and popped him out into a world he thought he could get along inas if he'd been pulling hard the wrong way and was now turned around headed downstream.
- Denis Johnson

I've realized that being happy is a choice. You never want to rub anybody the wrong way or not be fun to be around, but you have to be happy. When I get logical and I don't trust my instincts - Thats when I get in trouble.
- Angelina Jolie

People say that you're going the wrong way when it's simply a way of your own.
- Angelina Jolie

I am in possession of the love cannon. Please don't take this the wrong way, but please don't take this the wrong way (my love cannon's point of entry is not your anus).
- Jarod Kintz

I was driving to another girl's house who's not my girl, and I saw a red sign by the road that read, "Wrong Way," and I thought, I agree. So I turned around and went home.
- Jarod Kintz

Love has boundaries, like a map, and I guess that makes me a cartographer. Don't take this the wrong way, but you're too topographical for my taste.
- Jarod Kintz

A tongue, if used the wrong way, can cause serious injury or even death. Politicians are famous for misusing their tongues this way. However, tongues can also be cleansing agents, making the most of a hairy situation. Cats are masters at using their tongues in this manner.
- Jarod Kintz

I'm just being selfish..... I'm here on my own free will... I used to always cry and give up... I nearly went the wrong way... But you... You showed me the right way... I was always chasing you... Wanting to overtake you... I just wanted to walk with you... I wanted to be with you... You changed me! Your smile saved me! So I'm not afraid to die protecting you!!! Because I-- Love You..
- Masashi Kishimoto

Bush is going in the wrong way. And I dare say, that is what the strategy of his administration is, is just to wipe out government's purpose for any social and economic justice at all. And I'm going to take the country in an opposite direction than he's taking it.
- Dennis Kucinich

I'm the little dog who goes the wrong way - under the hoop.
- Jack Levine

Child, that is why all the rest are now a horror to her. That is what happens to those who pluck and eat fruits at the wrong time and in the wrong way. Oh, the fruit is good, but they loath it ever after.
- C S Lewis

God is the only comfort, He is also the supreme terror: the thing we most need and the thing we most want to hide from. He is our only possible ally, and we have made ourselves His enemies. Some people talk as if meeting the gaze of absolute goodness would be fun. They need to think again. They are still only playing with religion. Goodness is either the great safety or the great danger - according to the way you react to it. And we have reacted the wrong way.
- C S Lewis

About 200 girls went into a room and there were two casting agents and they asked you to say your name and where you came from and then they picked two or three out of that. And they sent you into a room and I was really nervous and kept dropping things and I was going the wrong way and everything. Then she gave us a script and you had to learn it.
- Evanna Lynch

Sentimentality is the only sentiment that rubs you the wrong way.
- W Somerset Maugham

Whether it's in the right way or sometimes the wrong way, you learn about life and its lessons.
- Amelie Mauresmo

LEO: We're the last to leave.
BARKEEP: Ahuhrumhuh...koff, koff, humn...
LEO: Do you think he wants us to leave?
KAREN: No, no, probably just a bit of sarcasm gone down the wrong way.
- Dave Mckean

Families are like countries. They have their own language and jokes and secrets and assumptions about the right and wrong ways of doing things, and some of that always shows in the children, the way something of
Germany or Australia always shows in a German or an Australian, no matter where they go. Outsiders like it or they don't, they feel at home there or they don't. It's like the taste of cilantro.
- Roland Merullo

The wrong way always seems the more reasonable.
- George A Moore

Doing the right thing the wrong way is still the wrong thing.
- Jayce O Neal

And now I realize Lindsay's not fearless. She's terrified. She's terrified that people will find out she's faking, bullshitting her way through life, pretending to have everything together when really she's just floundering like the rest of us. Lindsay, who will bite at you if you even look in her direction the wrong way, like on of those tiny attack dogs that are always barking and snapping in the air before they're jerked backward on the chains that keep them in one place.
- Lauren Oliver

I wrote it the right way, so it was copied the wrong way right. I mean the right way wrong.
- Eugene Ormandy

Now he must not go the wrong way round the circuit, and unless he can spin himself stationary through 360 degrees I fail to see how he can avoid doing so.
- Murray Walker

I sing of a woman with ink on her hands and pictures hidden beneath her hair. I sing of a dog with skin like velvet pushed the wrong way.I sing of the shape a fallen body makes in the dirt beneath a tree, and I sing of an ordinary man who is wanted to know things no human being could tell him.This is the true beginning.
- Carolyn Parkhurst

I want our leaders to lead our country to greatness, but President Obama and his misguided policies and ideology have really fundamentally changed our country in the wrong way, more so than any president in our history.
- Ben Quayle

The rules of the track work well for life. Roller derby is life in a tiny circle. You can only go forward, even if you find yourself turned around, facing the wrong way. There's speed, unpredictability, and danger. You can't be sure what's going to happen, you don't always know when you'll stop, and it appears most people are out to get you. You will fall. You will get hurt. But you will get up again.
- Pamela Ribon

Don't take this the wrong way," Blue replied. Her cheeks felt a little warm, but she was well into this conversation and she couldn't back down now. "Because I know you're going to think I feel bad about it, and I don't." "All right." "Because I'm not pretty. Not in the way Aglionby boys seem to lie." "I go to Aglionby," Adam said. Adam did not seem to go to Aglinoby like other boys went to Aglionby. "I think you're pretty," he said.
- Maggie Stiefvater

There is no right or wrong way to write a novel. Each journey is different for every individual work and for every writer. The first error is never to begin; the second is never to finish.
- Don Roff

And as Lindbergh's election couldn't have made clearer to me, the unfolding of the unforeseen was everything. Turned wrong way round, the relentless unforeseen was what we schoolchildren studied as "History," harmless history, where everything unexpected in its own time is chronicled on the page as inevitable. The terror of the unforeseen is what the science of history hides, turning a disaster into an epic.
- Philip Roth

With 'Good Will Hunting,' Miramax made certain the recruited audience wasn't expecting to laugh at Robin Williams like they normally do. From my limited experience, you can really blow test screenings by conducting them in the wrong way.
- Gus Van Sant

I never liked that ending either. More love streaming out the wrong way, and I don't want to be the kind that says the wrong way. But it doesn't work, these erasures, this constant refolding of the pleats. There were some nice parts, sure, all lemondrop and mellonball, laughing in silk pajamas and the grain of sugar on the toast, love love or whatever, take a number. I'm sorry it's such a lousy story.
- Richard Siken

I am sure there is a right way and a wrong way and in today's life, there are many different rules of being politically correct.
- Mike Singletary

I'm sure there's a right way and there's a wrong way. The bottom line is you have to do what you think is right.
- Mike Singletary

Some of us learn control, more or less by accident. The rest of us go all our lives not even understanding how it is possible, and blaming our failure on being born the wrong way.
- B F Skinner

There are no right and wrong ways to work in this business, but there are some basic common-sense practices. Work very, very hard and always be prepared; never give up; and once you get the job, give them more than they ever expected: - Shine!
- Jimmy Smits

Our view is that economic isolationism is the wrong way to go. Vibrant, successful growing economies that advance the interests of their citizens engage the global economy. And, we're committed to engaging the global economy.
- John W Snow

The only way the weight of the world can break you down, is if you carry it the wrong way.
- Lionel Suggs

Think, too, of the great part that is played by the unpredictable in war: think of it now, before you are actually comitted to war. The longer a war lasts, the more things tend to depend on accidents. Neither you nor we can see into them: we have to abide their outcome in the dark. And when people are entering upon a war they do things the wrong way round. Action comes first, and it is only when they have already suffered that they begin to think.
- Thucydides

I just don't like the word 'fun'--it's like Volkswagen, or bell-bottoms, or patchouli-oil or bean-sprouts...it rubs me up the wrong way.
- Tom Waits

I have a good team around me. I have people I trust around me. If I go the wrong way, they will yell at me. Just as they have in the past.
- Bubba Watson

Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way.
- Alan Watts

I've always liked pop music. There was a bit of a misunderstanding with the avant-garde rock scene, because I think I was sort of swimming the wrong way, really.
- Robert Wyatt

Like that's the only reason anyone would ever buy a first-aid kit? Don't take this the wrong way, Professor McGonagall, but what sort of crazy children are you used to dealing with?"
"Gryffindors," spat Professor McGonagall, the word carrying a freight of bitterness and despair that fell like an eternal curse on all youthful heroism and high spirits.
- Eliezer Yudkowsky

There is no such thing as a perfect match. There are only somewhat good and somewhat bad matches. A couple are like two pebbles that are next to each other on a beach. They will have rough edges and rub each other the wrong way initially. But as they spend time together and the waves pound them, the edges rub off and they will seem made for each other.
- Farahad Zama

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater