It is impossible to distrust one's writing without awakening a deeper distrust in oneself.
- Nicole Krauss
Every body at all addicted to letter writing, without having much to say, which will include a large proportion of the female world at least...
- Jane Austen
For some reason, the concept of writing with swing chords was intimidating.
- Suzy Bogguss
...if you are writing without zest, without gusto, without love, without fun, you are only half a writer. It means you are so busy keeping one eye on the commercial market, or one ear peeled for the avant-garde coterie, that you are not being yourself. You don't even know yourself. For the first thing a writer should be is-- excited. He should be a thing of fevers and enthusiasms.
- Ray Bradbury
Being incomprehensible offers unparalleled protection against having nothing to say...but writing with simplicity requires courage, for there is a danger that one will be overlooked, dismissed as simpleminded by those with a tenacious belief that the impassable prose is a hallmark of intelligence.
- Alain De Botton
You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or despair... Come to it any way but lightly.
- Stephen King
In my writing with Extreme, there are heavy themes. The cover photo has me with a gun to my neck. I am not advocating suicide. I am taking the philosophy that man is the measure of his own fate.
- Gary Cherone
I've always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties.
- Agatha Christie
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
- Patrick Dennis
It is not merely enough to love literature if one wishes to spend one's life as a writer. It is a dangerous undertaking on the most primitive level. For, it seems to me, the act of writing with serious intent involves enormous personal risk. It entails the ongoing courage for self-discovery. It means one will walk forever on the tightrope, with each new step presenting the possiblity of learning a truth about oneself that is too terrible to bear.
- Harlan Ellison
Writing with you is the only thing that keeps me alive.
- David Hackworth
I've always associated the moment of writing with a moment of lift, of joy, of unexpected reward.
- Seamus Heaney
I'm drawn to almost any piece of writing with the words 'divine love' and 'impeachment' in the first sentence. But I know the word 'divine' makes many progressive people run screaming for their cute little lives, and so one hesitates to use it.
- Anne Lamott
About your writing with you left hand, are you ambidextrous, Mr. Ewell?"
"I most positively am not, I can use one hand good as the other. One hand good as the other.
- Harper Lee
You can get stale writing with each other for a while.
- Barry Mann
I do outlines when I'm writing with someone, but they also need to have a certain amount of freedom.
- Anne Mccaffrey
A computer does not substitute for judgment any more than a pencil substitutes for literacy. But writing without a pencil is no particular advantage.
- Robert Mcnamara
When you're a songwriter and you click with someone, you tend to want to keep writing with that person.
- Billy Sherwood
I wasn't really writing with anything commercial in mind I just wanted to create some new music.
- Billy Sherwood
I'm incapable of writing without social commentary. I like to think that it's integrated and not really heavy handedly didactic.
- John Shirley
Life is like writing with a pen. You can cross out your past but you can't erase it.
- E B White
The first TV babies are now writing with a TV mind that has no attention span at all.
- Gore Vidal
We like writing with each other; it's fun.
- Shawn Wayans
That first writing session, what Dan Hill calls a creative blind date, is always a real challenge, and you bring that back to your partner when you return to writing with them.
- Cynthia Weil
Actually I was writing with people that didn't get records.
- Cynthia Weil
Robert Jordan, whether he's writing with passion or not, I don't know.
- Terri Windling
- Nicole Krauss
Every body at all addicted to letter writing, without having much to say, which will include a large proportion of the female world at least...
- Jane Austen
For some reason, the concept of writing with swing chords was intimidating.
- Suzy Bogguss
...if you are writing without zest, without gusto, without love, without fun, you are only half a writer. It means you are so busy keeping one eye on the commercial market, or one ear peeled for the avant-garde coterie, that you are not being yourself. You don't even know yourself. For the first thing a writer should be is-- excited. He should be a thing of fevers and enthusiasms.
- Ray Bradbury
Being incomprehensible offers unparalleled protection against having nothing to say...but writing with simplicity requires courage, for there is a danger that one will be overlooked, dismissed as simpleminded by those with a tenacious belief that the impassable prose is a hallmark of intelligence.
- Alain De Botton
You can approach the act of writing with nervousness, excitement, hopefulness, or despair... Come to it any way but lightly.
- Stephen King
In my writing with Extreme, there are heavy themes. The cover photo has me with a gun to my neck. I am not advocating suicide. I am taking the philosophy that man is the measure of his own fate.
- Gary Cherone
I've always believed in writing without a collaborator, because where two people are writing the same book, each believes he gets all the worry and only half the royalties.
- Agatha Christie
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
- Patrick Dennis
It is not merely enough to love literature if one wishes to spend one's life as a writer. It is a dangerous undertaking on the most primitive level. For, it seems to me, the act of writing with serious intent involves enormous personal risk. It entails the ongoing courage for self-discovery. It means one will walk forever on the tightrope, with each new step presenting the possiblity of learning a truth about oneself that is too terrible to bear.
- Harlan Ellison
Writing with you is the only thing that keeps me alive.
- David Hackworth
I've always associated the moment of writing with a moment of lift, of joy, of unexpected reward.
- Seamus Heaney
I'm drawn to almost any piece of writing with the words 'divine love' and 'impeachment' in the first sentence. But I know the word 'divine' makes many progressive people run screaming for their cute little lives, and so one hesitates to use it.
- Anne Lamott
About your writing with you left hand, are you ambidextrous, Mr. Ewell?"
"I most positively am not, I can use one hand good as the other. One hand good as the other.
- Harper Lee
You can get stale writing with each other for a while.
- Barry Mann
I do outlines when I'm writing with someone, but they also need to have a certain amount of freedom.
- Anne Mccaffrey
A computer does not substitute for judgment any more than a pencil substitutes for literacy. But writing without a pencil is no particular advantage.
- Robert Mcnamara
When you're a songwriter and you click with someone, you tend to want to keep writing with that person.
- Billy Sherwood
I wasn't really writing with anything commercial in mind I just wanted to create some new music.
- Billy Sherwood
I'm incapable of writing without social commentary. I like to think that it's integrated and not really heavy handedly didactic.
- John Shirley
Life is like writing with a pen. You can cross out your past but you can't erase it.
- E B White
The first TV babies are now writing with a TV mind that has no attention span at all.
- Gore Vidal
We like writing with each other; it's fun.
- Shawn Wayans
That first writing session, what Dan Hill calls a creative blind date, is always a real challenge, and you bring that back to your partner when you return to writing with them.
- Cynthia Weil
Actually I was writing with people that didn't get records.
- Cynthia Weil
Robert Jordan, whether he's writing with passion or not, I don't know.
- Terri Windling
Comments
Post a Comment