Skip to main content

Already Taken Quotes

That's a pretty lame superhero name," I told him.
"Scooby-Doo is already taken," he said with dignity. "Anything else sounds lame in comparison.
- Patricia Briggs

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
- Oscar Wilde

If corruption had already taken root,
then good seeds must be preserved.
- Toba Beta

The best stage name is already taken... I have to come up with something else.... I guess you begin with what resonates, what sounds like who you want to be.
- Lily Burana

Elegance is not the prerogative of those who have just escaped from adolescence, but of those who have already taken possession of their future.
- Coco Chanel

I always avoid prophesying beforehand, because it is a much better policy to prophesy after the event has already taken place.
- Winston Churchill

And I don't want to begin something, I don't want to write that first sentence until all the important connections in the novel are known to me. As if the story has already taken place, and it's my responsibility to put it in the right order to tell it to you.
- John Irving

To her, I knew, I had already taken on the quality of a dream. I was merging into the saga, and she, fascinated, bewildered, was watching me fade..
- Rachel Ferguson

The chaos surrounding her was confusing. Everyone was suddenly talking at the same time. Perhaps she should try to swoon after all, Christine considered. No, the settee was already taken, and the floor didn't look all that appealing. She settled on wringing her hands. It was the best she could do to look upset.
- Julie Garwood

In times of grief, you're waiting for something to happen, but the thing you're waiting for has already taken place.
- Robert Goolrick

Men are like parking spaces, the good ones are already taken and the ones left are running out of their metres
- Barbara Johnson

I had already taken a step toward their house, but then Father said, 'No, not there. They're hiding Jews.'"
Christ!" exclaimed Anton, slapping his forehead.
- Harry Mulisch

They'd already taken her from me once. I didn't want to lose her again.
- Lauren Oliver

Of course I've already taken a very modest position on the monetary system, I do take the position that we should just end the Fed.
- Ron Paul

ignition! blast off!!! the vessel needs a new name! something more appropriate to a starship.
apollo? gemini? enterprise. already taken.
millennium falcon. trademarked. all rights reserved.
no! wait, i have it! dragin star! thats it! dragon star!
- Margaret Weis

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater