I am poor and naked, but I am the chief of the nation. We do not want riches but we do want to train our children right. Riches would do us no good. We could not take them with us to the other world. We do not want riches. We want peace and love.
- Red Cloud
I NEVER lost as much but twice,
And that was in the sod;
Twice have I stood a beggar
Before the door of God!
Angels, twice descending,
Reimbursed my store.
Burglar, banker, father,
I am poor once more!
- Emily Dickinson
The difference between these people and me is that they finished college and I didn't; as a consequence, they have smart jobs and I have a scruffy job, they are rich and I am poor, they are self confident and I am incontinent... they have opinions and I have lists.
- Nick Hornby
Everything belongs to me because I am poor.
- Jack Kerouac
I am poor - obscure - just eighteen years of age - with a rapacious appetite for everything and principles as light as my purse.
- Katherine Mansfield
- Red Cloud
I NEVER lost as much but twice,
And that was in the sod;
Twice have I stood a beggar
Before the door of God!
Angels, twice descending,
Reimbursed my store.
Burglar, banker, father,
I am poor once more!
- Emily Dickinson
The difference between these people and me is that they finished college and I didn't; as a consequence, they have smart jobs and I have a scruffy job, they are rich and I am poor, they are self confident and I am incontinent... they have opinions and I have lists.
- Nick Hornby
Everything belongs to me because I am poor.
- Jack Kerouac
I am poor - obscure - just eighteen years of age - with a rapacious appetite for everything and principles as light as my purse.
- Katherine Mansfield
Comments
Post a Comment