Skip to main content

I Hate That Quotes

There's nothing he can do here for me, but I hate that he left.
- Ann Aguirre

I learned something recently: our true friends are those are with us when the good things happen. They cheer us on and are pleased by our triumphs. False friends only appear at difficult times, with the sad, supportive faces, when, in fact, our suffering is serving to console them for their miserable lives. When things were bad last year, various people I had never ever seen before turned up to 'console' me. I hate that.
- Paulo Coelho

Or. I hate that word. It's two letters long and stuffed to the gills with reasonable doubt.
- Jodi Picoult

I hate that stuff. It tastes like feet."
At that he smiled. "How would you know what feet taste like?"
"I just know.
- Cassandra Clare

I brought you some coffee." he held out the cup but she waved it away.
"I hate that stuff. It tastes like feet."
At that he smiled. "How would you know what feet taste like?"
"I just know."
-Luke and Clary, pg.209-
- Cassandra Clare

I hate that word 'hate' - it should be banned.
- Nicole Appleton

I hate that about guys. At least girls have the decency to be fake and pretend everything's okay when shit gets weird. Whenever guys get upset, they get all angry and scary
- Lauren Barnholdt

Where's a friggin' rocket when you need it? Ah, crap, Jaden, stop with the pollen. I hate that. Yeah, taste honey, you punk! (Acheron)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Oh man. I hate that poofing shit. You scared me so bad, Ash, you made me eat this crappy cheese. What is this stuff anyway? (Nick)
Soy cheese. (Talon)
So much for my dinner. Now his whole system is polluted. Be at least a week before it leaves his cell tissue and he's edible again. (Fang)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Quotations "Oh man, I hate that poofing shit. You scared me so bad, Ash, you made me eat this crappy cheese." (Nick in Night Embrace).
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

The older you get, the few slumber parties there are, and I hate that. I liked slumber parties. What happened to them?
- Drew Barrymore

His skin is black as a struck match, cracked and oozing liquid metal heat, like he's covered by a cooling layer of lava. The eyes stand out bright white. I can't make out from this distance if they have corneas. God I hope they have corneas. I hate that creepy weird-eye shit.
- Kendare Blake

I hate that people think going to the theatre is a special occasion. I wish people would treat it as normally as going to the cinema.
- Brenda Blethyn

Right before the game, she strolled up to me. "Hey, Seaweed Brain."
"Will you stop calling me that?"
She knows I hate that name, mostly because I never have a good comeback. She's the daughter of Athena, which doesn't give me a lot of ammunition. I mean, "Owl-head" and "Wise Girl" are kind of lame insults.
- Rick Riordan

Eat bitter, taste sweet," Frank said. "I hate that proverb."
"But it's true. What do they call it these days---no pain, no gain? Same concept. You do the easy thing, the appealing thing, the peaceful thing, mostly it turns out sour in the end. But if you take the hard path---ah, that's how you reap the sweet rewards. Duty. Sacrifice. They mean something.
- Rick Riordan

That's why we live by a river. Occasionally, I forget and pat Lit on the back--'
'I hate that.'
King Midas & Lit
- Rick Riordan

Leo got up and brushed himself off. "I hate that guy". He offered Jason his arm like they should go skipping together."Im Dylan. Im so cool, I want to date myself, but I cant figure out how! You want to date me instead? Youre so lucky!"
"Leo" Jason said "Youre weird
- Rick Riordan

Are you getting your period?" She narrows her eyes.
No! God. I hate that. I hate when every negative act is blamed on your period." Sometimes bitchiness is just bitchiness, happily unattached to anything hormonal. It should get full credit.
- Deb Caletti

The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

I hate being called a pop star. I hate that.
- Madonna Ciccone

I'm cute - and God I hate that. Because that's not cool. I'm like your niece, and nobody wants to date their niece. It's the chubby cheeks. The whole reason people voted for me on American Idol is because I'm an everyday, normal girl.
- Kelly Clarkson

I can't take it anymore. The waiting. The wanting. Something inside me snaps. I hate myself. I hate that I have to deal with this. I hate my life. And I hate how I can't count on anyone to be completely there when I need them, exactly the way I need them to be.
- Susane Colasanti

I am not very good at expressing myself in a simple way so it can create mis-understandings and I hate that.
- Marion Cotillard

You never experienced the gift of children, and I hate that for you, because you won't understand how I can still love you,how, even though you took everything from me, you're still all that I have.
- Blake Crouch

I hate that word, mature, but I guess I am growing up.
- Sheryl Crow

And I look at him because he needs to be looked at. He needs to be seen. I hate that he has been on his own for so long painting graffiti moons in the dark keeping quiet about who he really is.
- Cath Crowley

I hear everything he's ever painted in his voice. I hear that person on the beach, looking at the waves. I hear hearts rocked by earthquakes and disappointed seas. I make myself look at him because he needs to be looked at. He needs to be seen. I hate that he's been on his own so long, painting graffiti moons and bricked-in birds and keeping quiet about who he really is.
- Cath Crowley

I hate that word, CAN'T. I wish it had never been dreamed
up, spoken, or defined. I wish the concept of CAN'T could be
eradicated not only from language, but more importantly from
the psyche of a girl who I know is filled with so much CAN it seeps out of her pores and scents the air.
- Tiffanie Debartolo

We'll serve, on a good Saturday night six or seven thousand people in all the restaurants, and it's like, the percentages are that maybe one person's not going to like what they get. And I can't be there to fix it. I hate that. We're in this business to make things that please people.
- Todd English

I hate that which we have decided to call realism, even though I have been made one of its high priests.
- Gustave Flaubert

I hate that word dysfunction.
- Jonathan Franzen

I hate organized religion. I hate that people use it to justify their crappy, bigoted beliefs.
- Hannah Harrington

I hate being looked at. Can't stand it. I know, I know - I picked the wrong career. I should have been a doctor. If you play certain parts you have this nice face painted on you, and then you have feel as if you have a responsibility to this idea of being beautiful. I hate that about our business.
- Lena Headey

Any factual errors that remain are entirely the fault of Bob, who snuck into the offices at DAW to try to sabotage my book. I hate that guy.
- Jim C Hines

I hate that you do this to me. I hate how crazy you make me. I hate you! - Wendy
- Amanda Hocking

I hate that I never managed to persuade you to watch Buffy. It's a flaw in you, Mara.
- Michelle Hodkin

I hate that phrase "the real world." Why is an aircraft factory more real than a university? Is it?
- Richard Hugo

Music is my love and to me acting is more mercenary. I don't pound the pavements for roles: if it happens, it happens. I hate that auditioning thing.
- David Johansen

I don't know what to say. I hate that. I wish I had all the answers for you. I wish I could explain why this happened.
- Katie Kacvinsky

I just miss him, that's all." I feel tears welling again. "I hate that we don't play cards anymore. I hate waking up alone.
- Miranda Kenneally

I hate that mouse
- Daniel Keyes

I hate that expression, 'fusion.' What it means to me is this movement where nothing ever really fused.
- Wayne Kramer

The first holy truth in God 101 is that men and women of true faith have always had to accept the mystery of God's identity and love and ways. I hate that, but it's the truth.
- Anne Lamott

I'm all over the place, up and down, scattered, withdrawing, trying to find some elusive sense of serenity."
The world can't give that serenity. The world can't give us peace. We can only find it in our hearts."
I hate that."
I know. But the good news is that by the same token, the world can't take it away.
- Anne Lamott

A sitcom. I hate that word.
- Angela Lansbury

I hate that name," Mr. Grey said, walking toward the dragon's head statue. It was taller than he was, formed eerily from the stalactites and stalagmites of the cavern wall. "I wanted to be Mr. Purple. I like purple.
- G Norman Lippert

I want to win an Oscar. I want to be known for more than, like, going out. For being the 'party girl'. I hate that. I bust my ass when I'm filming and when I have time off, yeah, I like to go out and dance.
- Lindsay Lohan

If you're an attractive guy, everyone thinks you're successful just because of the way you look. I hate that.
- James Marsden

Teachers're always using that "in your own words." I hate that. Authors knit their sentences tight. It's their job. Why make us unpick them, just to put it back together more shonkily? How're you s'posed to say Kapellmeister if you can't say Kapellmeister?
- David Mitchell

I don't want people kissing my butt. If I had a bad show and I know it, don't tell me I had a good show. I hate that. I guess because I'm 17, people think I don't see stuff like that.
- Britney Spears

You know that dejection that comes upon you when you realize that the person you're talking to might as well be from Jupiter, for all the chance you have of making them get what you're saying? I hate that.
- Julie Powell

What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse.
- J D Salinger

He was one of those guys that think they're being a pansy if they don't break around forty of your fingers when they shake hands with you. God I hate that stuff.
- J D Salinger

I was trying to feel some kind of good-bye. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-bye or a bad good-bye, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't you feel even worse.
- J D Salinger

Boy, you are outta line!" Joe yelled.
"I'm outta line?! You're screwing a vampire!"
"You hypocritical little bastard!"
"Yeah, you're a hypocripical-hypocri-hyp-hyp-hyp, I HATE THAT WORD!
- S L J Shortt

There's a real separation between actors and all the other functions of Hollywood. If you're an actor you're somehow not a member of the crew. You're somehow more special. I hate that.
- Rider Strong

I hate that I'm so numb and empty and disconnected from most of these people but even I can see worth in stupid little moments like these. These people aren't even my family, but I can see their value and if I can see it in something this small, when I feel this bad, then---
Then why didn't he?
- Courtney Summers

When you put something out there into the world, there's all these words you don't want to hear, that you hope people don't say. I don't like anything that starts with 're' - like retro, reinvent, recreate - I hate that. It's always like living in the past - copying, emulating.
- Jack White

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater