Skip to main content

My Parents Quotes

I'm still my parent's child, I'm still me, but I made a choice. I evolved into Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. I think it has to do with evolution.
- Kareem Abduljabbar

My parents were early converts to Christianity in my part of Nigeria. They were not just converts; my father was an evangelist, a religious teacher. He and my mother traveled for thirty-five years to different parts of Igboland, spreading the gospel.
- Chinua Achebe

Just so we're clear, I dont' secretly want to have sex with either of my parents.
Me either. I worked through that in college just to make sure. It was touch and go for a while, especially when my father kept asking me if he looked pretty.
- Alex Adams

I received my parents' permission and went into the Navy on June 3, 1941.
- Jack Adams

He had threatened my parents. I had to remember that. Still, it was really hard to stay mad at a wounded naked man.
- Darynda Jones

She looked at me, confused. "He hardly knew me. My parents dated and got married before we knew what happened. Let's just say we were not
brought into the loop on that decision."
"That's weird. I wasn't brought into the loop with my parents' marriage either."
"Really? How old were you?"
"Twelve months."
She giggled. "I can't imagine why they didn't ask your opinion.
- Darynda Jones

My parent's divorce and hard times at school, all those things combined to mold me, to make me grow up quicker. And it gave me the drive to pursue my dreams that I wouldn't necessarily have had otherwise.
- Christina Aguilera

Soon I will honor my parents by dying as they died. and if all they believed about death was true, soon I will join them in whatever comes next.
- Veronica Roth

I look older. Maybe it's the short hair or maybe it's just that I wear all that has happened like a mask. Either way, I always thought I would be happy when I stopped looking like a child. But all I feel is a lump in my throat. I am no longer the daughter my parents knew. They will never know me as I am now.
- Veronica Roth

My parents were young and liberal and knew I was going to drink anyway, so they let me do it at home.
- Jessica Alba

I was not encouraged to follow the career of a writer because my parents thought that I was going to starve to death. They thought nobody can make a living from being a writer in Brazil. They were not wrong.
- Paulo Coelho

I believe that my parents did wonderful things for us.
- Madeleine Albright

My parents were of the generation who thought they were the children of a free Czechoslovakia, the only democracy in central Europe.
- Madeleine Albright

Because of my parents' love of democracy, we came to America after being driven twice from our home in Czechoslovakia - first by Hitler and then by Stalin.
- Madeleine Albright

My parents didn't play golf.
- Amy Alcott

My parents were horrified when I told them I wanted to be an author.
- Lloyd Alexander

My parents wanted me to go to law school.
- Sasha Alexander

Yes, I am Irish and Indian, which would be the coolest blend in the world if my parents were around to teach me how to be Irish and Indian. But they're not here and haven't been for years, so I'm not really Irish or Indian. I am a blank sky, a human solar eclipse.
- Sherman Alexie

Before high school ended, I started applying to college. It really wasn't even a choice because of the brainwashing of my parents.
- Tatyana Ali

So you interrupted my date to make fun of me for still living with my parents. Couldn't you have done that on a night I didn't have a date? That's most nights, in case you're curious.
- Cassandra Clare

Isabelle snorted, "All the boys are guy. In this truck, anyway. Well, not you, Simon."
"You noticed," said Simon.
"I think of myself as a freewheeling bisexual," added Magnus.
"Please never say those words in front of my parents," said Alec.
- Cassandra Clare

Isabelle: All the boys are gay. In this van, anyway. Well, except for you, Simon.
Simon: Glad you noticed.
Magnus: I prefer to think of myself as a freewheeling bisexual.
Alec: Please never say that in front of my parents.
- Cassandra Clare

I don't think my parents liked me. They put a live teddy bear in my crib.
- Woody Allen

When I was kidnapped, my parents snapped into action. They rented out my room.
- Woody Allen

It's amazing how coke encompasses everything in your life. Addicts cannot confront life because they only think of their next hit. I ruined life for my parents, my sister and all my friends.
- Kirstie Alley

I won't waste your time with the injuries of my childhood, with my loneliness, or the fear and sadness of the years I spent inside my parents' marriage, under the reign of my father's rage, after all, who isn't a survivor from the wreck of childhood?
- Nicole Krauss

All the times I have suddenly realized that my parents are dead, even now, it still surprises me, to exist in the world while that which made me has ceased to exist
- Nicole Krauss

My parents didn't raise me to be religious. The closest we come to worship is the Trinity of Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- Laurie Anderson

My dad had emphysema and both of my parents had chronic bronchitis and ended up with cancers - all smoking related.
- Loni Anderson

When I was 5, he said, my family forgot & left me at the fair. I wandered around in the bright sounds & smells of hot sawdust & cotton candy for hours. It was already too late by the time my parents found me.
I haven't been fit for decent society since.
- Brian Andreas

I was always in trouble from an early age. I had a fraught relationship with my parents, who were very traditional. Doing plays at school was a joyous release.
- Naveen Andrews

My parents never said it. They thought
you shouldn't wear out the words
- Lisa Kleypas

I would say my biggest mentor has been my father because he always has been. Actually both of my parents have always been ones to encourage me to be myself and stay true to myself and not fall into what other people want me to do.
- Nicole Richie

I was the one that put myself in rehab. I was the one that went to my parents and said, you know, 'I have a problem and I need to take care of it.'
- Nicole Richie

I never want to disappoint my parents, ever. They are people that I always look up to.
- Nicole Richie

Turning 30 was when my parents both got cancer and were fighting it and beat it, but their mortality started to get to me. Everything wasn't as hunky-dory like it was.
- Darren Aronofsky

My undergraduate education, at the City College in New York, was made possible only by the existence of that excellent free institution and the financial sacrifices of my parents.
- Kenneth Joseph Arrow

1988 I also received from the city of Vienna the cross of honour for art and science. These titles and the various honors mean a great deal to me, most of all for the reason that they would mean a great deal to my parents too.
- Leon Askin

And if I get a little chemically imbalanced in the head, like we all know I tend to get sometimes, and I don't want my parents or brother knowing, Will's like, 'We'll deal with it.' He's never said, 'I'll fix it up.' He just says, 'You're not up to going back to uni to finish your Honours this year? Big deal. There's next year. We'll deal with it.'" She nods. "That's what he does well.
- Melina Marchetta

I will plant my feet on that step where my parents put me as a child, until self-evident truth comes to light.
- Saint Augustine Of Hippo

I like my parents," Olivia said.
Sebastian shook his head, "A concept so alien I think it must be unpatriotic.
- Julia Quinn

What if all I'd ever known was how it had been for the past three years - me being an unwanted outsider in my own family?
I might have turned out like Aphrodite, and I might still be letting my parents control me because I was hoping desperately that I would be good enough, make them proud, so that some day they would really love me.
- P C Cast

I was an only child. We were so poor, my parents and I had the same room.
- David Copperfield

When you're in a relationship you want it to work. My parents did, I did. But we are not taught how to make it work.
- Erykah Badu

My parents were married 53 years, good and bad. Can I do that? Probably not. But I really hope I can.
- Scott Baio

I know I want to have children while my parents are still young enough to take care of them.
- Rita Rudner

When my parents died, it became clear to me that there was an end in sight. Death was never a real thing to me. And then when that happened I realized I only have so many years left, if I'm lucky.
- Rick Baker

Mothers, unless they were very poor, didn't work. Both of my parents had to leave education. My mother had to work in a cotton mill until 18 or 19, when she took some training in domestic science.
- Roger Bannister

Life was very simple. My parents had come from the North of England, which is a fairly rugged, bleak, hard-working part of England, and so there was not the expectation of luxury.
- Roger Bannister

My concentration was really on getting to university and becoming a doctor. My parents let me know that school marks were important. Achievement was something which came by hard work.
- Roger Bannister

Look at his hair. He looks like his father. (Cassandra)
He has your lungs. (Wulf)
Oh, please! (Cassandra)
Trust me. Every Apollite here knows that my parents were unmarried at my birth, and that if you survive the night, you plan on making me a eunuch. (Wulf)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

My parents were not one for photography, and my dad earned the nickname 'Henry VII' for his ability to slice the heads off of subjects for his snaps
- Mark Barrowcliffe

You can't live your life blaming your failures on your parents and what they did or didn't do for you. You're dealt the cards that you're dealt. I realised it was a waste of time to be angry at my parents and feel sorry for myself.
- Drew Barrymore

I'm the only gay person my parents know.
- Lance Bass

I love cooking. It's one of my favorite things to do. To share my parents' recipes that I grew up with is just something very special to me.
- Lance Bass

But what I thought, and what I still think, and always will, is that she saw me. Nobody else has ever seen me me, Jenny Gluckstein like that. Not my parents, not Julian, not even Meena. Love is one thing recognition is something else.
- Peter S Beagle

My parents sent me to Montreal because I kept getting kicked out of school in France.
- Emmanuelle Beart

I was really small when jazz broke through in England and I can still remember sneaking off to the living room to listen to it on the radio - much to my parent's disapproval.
- Jeff Beck

I lost in the second round of the French Open and had 10 days off. I went to the Hard Rock Cafe. It was exciting to be away from my parents, to stay in a hotel. Hotels at 17 meant freedom.
- Boris Becker

My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about 7.
- David Beckham

Yes, I am Algerian of Moroccan origin through my parents, but all my life is Algeria. I was born there.
- Ahmed Ben Bella

I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.
- Rodney Dangerfield

When I was kidnapped as a child my parents sent a letter to the hijackers me Pay 5,000 dollars or your back
- Rodney Dangerfield

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
- Rodney Dangerfield

My parents were very supportive. They went to every show. And they never told me not to do what I was doing.
- Annette Bening

Both my parents are Methodist preachers, I grew up in a church.
- Wes Bentley

The fact is, my parents loved me, and I wanted to be worthy of their love. I wanted to make them proud.
- Michael Bergin

I was little there were times I wanted my parents to be normal. I wanted them to have a religion. I wanted them to have a job, like the parents of every other kid I went to school with.
- Gael Garcia Bernal

Well, acting was just in me and I tried to avoid it. I didn't want to do what my parents did, you know?
- Corbin Bernsen

You wouldn't think it would but my parents were really balanced about that. When it came time for me to be out of the house and out on my own they were very supportive.
- Elmer Bernstein

I was an only child, but then my parents resettled with different partners, and I am now one of six.
- Sophie Ellis Bextor

I'd never really thought about it before, but now you ask I can see that how my parents handled money definitely affected my relationship with it.
- Sophie Ellis Bextor

My parents separated when I was four. It wasn't the smoothest of divorces, but then as my mother always says, you can't have a passionate marriage without a passionate divorce.
- Sophie Ellis Bextor

I never wanted to write. I just wrote letters home from a kibbutz in Israel to reassure my parents that I was still alive and well fed and having a great time. They thought these letters were brilliant and sent them to a newspaper. So I became a writer by accident.
- Maeve Binchy

Because I saw my parents relaxing in armchairs and reading and liking it, I thought it was a peaceful grown-up thing to do, and I still think that.
- Maeve Binchy

I didn't think any amount of money was worth something that would take away what you believed in or what you stood for. I didn't want to do something my parents and daughter couldn't be proud of.
- Tippi Hedren

My parents were very supportive of me and my artistic endeavours. My father and mother came to every school play I ever did.
- Jack Black

My parents put skates on me at age 2, the way it should be if you're serious, and I've always liked it.
- Bonnie Blair

What do we do while we wait for my parents to find Jersey?" She let him go, took a step back.
"We live a normal life."
The words left his lips without emotion or meaning, because at this point he knew there was no such thing as a normal life for him.
Deep in his heart, he was still a vampire.
- K C Blake

I think my parents were high when they named me.
- Jolene Blalock

My parents had broken through the shackles of dogma.
- Franz Boas

Both of my parents would say they were atheists, so where I inherited my connection to God I don't know. But it's natural. No Bible, no Torah, just the love religion.
- Lisa Bonet

Oh, Daja," moaned Jory, "you sound just like my parents." She ran from the schoolroom.
"Well, there's no reason to insult me, "muttered Daja, half offended.
- Tamora Pierce

I wish to thank my parents for making it all possible... and I wish to thank my children for making it necessary.
- Victor Borge

I think I was born because my parents had two boys and wanted to give it one more go and try for a girl... they got me instead.
- Alex Borstein

My parents were amazing and wonderful, but there was a lot of pressure to do my best and in every way possible.
- Kate Bosworth

I can remember running around at the age of 3, wanting to play golf, cricket and football. I was always active, one way or another, driving my parents mad.
- Ian Botham

I, a product of the New Frontier and Great Society, honestly believed that the world pretty much owed me a living--all I had to do was wait around in order to live better than my parents.
- Anthony Bourdain

Do me a favor, okay? Tell my parents that I fought well today. And tell them that I... that I... that I fought hard.
- Mark Bowden

My parents had an old-fashioned ideal of college, that four years at a liberal arts college should be a liberal arts education.
- Julie Bowen

My parents were laborers so we lived on South Park, which was a low-income region of Seattle. You had a choice - you either joined or formed a gang or you let others bully you.
- Jack Bowman

My parents are wonderful, and I'm really lucky - but my mom has always been almost exclusively a right-brained person. She goes completely on her feelings of things, on her intuition, and so she instilled that in my brothers and I.
- Brandon Boyd

I have a great relationship with my parents. I have not been on lithium.
- Zach Braff

There have been times when I could have succumbed to some form of bribe, or could have had my way by offering one. But ever since that night in Dover prison I have never been tempted to break my vow.. My Parents always drummed into me that all you have life is your reputation: you may be very rich, but if you lose your good name you'll never be happy.
- Richard Branson

I knew it. You're an alien," said her former best friend, the pale, bespectacled creature with the spectacular cleavage.
"Yes, I'm an alien and I still made cheerleader. And now I'm going to steal your boyfriend to prove girls can't really be friends."
"I sat back timidly when you torched my house, killed my parents, and ate my dog. But now you're stealing my boyfriend? That's a step too far!
- Libba Bray

I grew up without a lot of money and my parents grew up with far less money. And that's kept me in line. Really in line.
- Adrien Brody

My parents always saw me as an artist, and that greatly influenced me.
- Meredith Brooks

Look, everything that you experience as a kid is the foundation of how you are today. I was brought up in a working class family in Leeds and when it comes to money both my parents worked hard and instilled the same attitude into me.
- Melanie Brown

For a moment, I wondered how different my life would have been had they been my parents, but I shook the thought away. I knew my father had done the best he could, and I had no regrets about the way I'd turned out. Regrets about the journey, maybe, but not the destination. Because however it had happened, I'd somehow ended up eating shrimp in a dingy downtown shack with a girl that I already knew I'd never forget.
- Nicholas Sparks

My parents are my backbone. Still are. They're the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
- Kobe Bryant

I came running down the stairs that morning, like it was Christmas. My parents were already up. In my family, presents never waited; they were there upon waking. Our family has a problem with what they called delayed gratification. We want what we want when we want it, and we always want it now.
- Neal Shusterman

My parents meant well, but the road to Hell is paved with publicity stunts.
- Chuck Palahniuk

It's one thing for my parents to behave all secular humanist and gamble with their own eternal souls; however it's altogether not all right that they also gambled with mine: They placed their bets with such self-rightous bravado, but I'm the one who lost.
- Chuck Palahniuk

This is fish number six hundred and forty-one in a lifetime of goldfish. My parents bought me the first one to teach me about loving and caring for another living breathing creature of God. Six hundred and forty fish later, the only thing I know is everything you love will die. The first time you meet that someone special, you can count on them one day being dead and in the ground.
- Chuck Palahniuk

My parents were opera singers and voice teachers, so growing up, I admired musicians and dancers.
- Sandra Bullock

If my parents were still alive, they would be very proud. They gave me a good start in life, the values that have driven me, and the confidence to believe in myself.
- Alex Ferguson

I grew up on a farm in Pennsylvania, where my parents raised German shepherds - we had about 30 dogs at any given time.
- Tory Burch

I just wish that God or my parents or Sam or my sister or someone would just tell me what's wrong with me. Just tell me how to be different in a way that makes sense. To make this all go away. And disappear. I know that's wrong because it's my responsibility, and I know that things get worse before they get better because that's what my psychiatrist says, but this is a worse that feels too big.
- Stephen Chbosky

To have my fan club. I am very proud of doing everything. I try to support my parents, friends and fans. I am also proud of my performing in the visual arts, and motion television.
- Chris Burke

As I child, I came to this idea with a horrified fascination. Once upon a time, I wasn't here. Before that, my parents weren't here. And before that...
- John Burnside

That boy made me realize, for a while at least, that my parents were wrong, and I didn't have to be like them.
- J X Burros

Glen had a disability more disfiguring than a burn and more terrifying than cancer.
Glen had been born on the day after Christmas.
"My parents just combine my birthday with Christmas, that's all," he explained.
But we knew this was a lie. Glen's parents just wrapped a couple of his Christmas presents in birthday-themed wrapping paper, stuck some candles in a supermarket cake, and had a dinner of Christmas leftovers.
- Augusten Burroughs

My parents had this relationship that was really terrifying. I mean, the level of hatred that they had, and the level of physical abuse - my mother would beat up my father, basically - and I think I was drawn to images on television that were bright and reflective.
- Augusten Burroughs

Although my parents never attended church or mentioned Jesus except when they screamed at each otherand then they used his full name, 'Jesus Fucking Christ
- Augusten Burroughs

My parents were political, so it's definitely in my bones. Wherever I am, I always seem to get involved with politics. I think, once it's in your bloodstream, it's always there. I love it.
- Saffron Burrows

I was a complete tomboy. I loved wandering out in storms or walking on the beaches in the dark. It was a very free upbringing, and I'm grateful to my parents for that.
- Amanda Burton

Trees Lounge is based on my own life. Both my parents like the movie. My father, of course, thinks it's a masterpiece.
- Steve Buscemi

I don't have any children. I just have a cat, to my parents' dismay.
- Jenna Bush

My parents taught us it's important to give back.
- Jenna Bush

I own four copies of Robin WIlliams's Live on Broadway comedy special for HBO. One in Wilmington, one in L.A., one in my trailer, and one at my parents' house. I can watch it over and over again and it never gets old. He is the funniest, wittiest man on the planet!
- Sophia Bush

You know, my parents have always been incredibly supportive. I'm an only child, so we're very close. There's just the three of us. They're exceptional parents but also great friends. My father was able to take his hobby, photography, and turn it into a beautiful career. So when they saw how much I loved acting, they were 100 percent behind me.
- Sophia Bush

I certainly never felt rejected because they had given me up. My parents knew nothing about my birth mother, yet always explained with certainty that she didn't "give me up" or "give me away" - she made a plan for me, the best one she could make under her circumstances, whatever those were.
- Emily Giffin

My parents were so relaxed by the time I was growing up that I got away with a lot more.
- Rose Byrne

Excuse me if I'm clinging on to life, but my parents wove me from tight thread.
- Jeanne Calment

Never having been in love, this is going to be a real trick. I think of my parents. The way my father never failed to bring her gifts from the woods. The way my mother's face would light up at the sound of his boots at the door. The way she almost stopped living when he died.
- Suzanne Collins

I have not wept since the death of my parents," said Luxa quietly. "But I am thought to be unnatural in this respect.
- Suzanne Collins

I got a lot of support from my parents. That's the one thing I always appreciated. They didn't tell me I was being stupid; they told me I was being funny.
- Jim Carrey

I grew up with an artist father, and my parents' friends were also mainly artists or writers, so he connects what I do with his example.
- Jonathan Lethem

The arts and a belief in the values of the civil rights movement, in the overwhelming virtue of diversity, these were our religion. My parents worshipped those ideals.
- Jonathan Lethem

As I got older, I never considered that tons of people were watching me on television every week. I give a nod to my parents for keeping me as normal as I could be in an un-normal adult world.
- Angela Cartwright

I'm obviously an American citizen. My parents are American citizens. But I'm not looked at as an American.
- Ana Castillo

My parents really encouraged me.
- Randy Castillo

I'd just play 'til my hands fell off. My parents would yell at me to stop because they couldn't stand the noise any more! I was terrible! It must have been hard for them to listen to me as a beginning drummer.
- Randy Castillo

'Handsome' means many things to many people. If people consider me handsome, I feel flattered - and have my parents to thank for it. Realistically, it doesn't hurt to be good-looking, especially in this business.
- Richard Chamberlain

My parents have been married forty-two years. I wonder how many of those were happy.
- Michael Palin

Number one, it was a chance to thank my parents, because they passed away a couple of years ago. They gave me so much by giving me the opportunity to play soccer, and I wanted to share the story we had together.
- Brandi Chastain

My parents and my grandfather on my mom's side would travel the earth. They went to Australia and China, and they went to probably every soccer game I ever played.
- Brandi Chastain

All Asian parents are into your children having a respectable, decent stable job. Acting was unimaginable to my parents.
- Joan Chen

It wasn't a secret that I was gay. I'd come out to my parents during my junior year of high school, on the day that I also wrecked the family car.
- Mary Cheney

At about twelve I just knew, something clicked, and I knew I wanted to be an actor and my parents, to their credit, granted this 12 year old girl a chance to give it a try.
- Erika Christensen

I can't save you like that Ty.
What you did to me wasn't this brilliant thing, like you think it was. You took me away from everything - my parents, my friends, my life. You took me to the sand and the heat, the dirt and isolation. And you expected me to love you. And that's the hardest bit. Because I did, or at least, I loved something out there.
But I hated you too. I can't forget that.
- Lucy Christopher

However, when my parents married in 1945, China was in turmoil and the possibility of returning grew increasingly remote, and they decided to begin their family in the United States.
- Steven Chu

Both my parents were doctors, and my mother had her surgery in the house. There were six children.
- Diane Cilento

Impossible to spend sleepless nights and accomplish anything: if, in my youth, my parents had not financed my insomnias, I should surely have killed myself.
- Emile M Cioran

There was the sink incident - which I may have overreacted to because it reminded me of a memory I had of my parents - the walking in while I was having a shower to ask me where the television remote was incident, the eating his lunch in the kitchen without a shirt on incident- he said he 'accidently' spilled coffee down it and had to put it in the washer/dryer- and there were the many, many 'looking at me for no reason' incidents. I swear to God he was wearing on my panties
- Samantha Young

Certainly my parents were a huge influence. They always expected the most out of all of us. And expected us to do our very best. I'm thankful to them for allowing me to do what I wanted to do.
- Laurel Clark

Sir Rodin convinced my parents to have me committed; they are all in Paris to arrange it.
- Camille Claudel

My parents always asked me what I thought, listened to my opinions, articulated their diagnoses of our challenges at home and abroad, and shared their ideas for how to build a more equal and prosperous country. I always felt part of their call to serve and part of my father's journey.
- Chelsea Clinton

My parents have been incredibly supportive from perhaps the first real independent decision I made to become a vegetarian at 11, which was certainly not consistent with their diet at the time.
- Chelsea Clinton

My parents and my grandmother inspire me every day and, every day, in my work and personal life.
- Chelsea Clinton

I've always been incredibly proud of both of my parents and proud of the work I had done privately as a person, professionally and academically.
- Chelsea Clinton

My parents taught me to approach the world critically, but also to approach it with a sense of responsibility.
- Chelsea Clinton

I feel very lucky because of my parents and then my education, the opportunities that I've had, so I would like to continue working to improve lives for others.
- Hillary Clinton

When I was growing up, my parents always told me that I had to do what I thought was right and not listen to other people. That was hard for me.
- Hillary Clinton

If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents.
- Frances Bean Cobain

I'm famous by default. I came out of the womb, and people wanted to know who I was because of my parents.
- Frances Bean Cobain

There should have been a dark whisper in the wind. Or maybe a deep chill in the bone. Something. An ethereal song only Elizabeth or I could hear. A tightness in the air. Some textbook premonition. There are misfortunes we almost expect in lifewhat happened to my parents, for exampleand then there are other dark moments, moments of sudden violence that alter everything. There was my life before the tragedy. There is my life now. The two have very little in common.
- Harlan Coben

The richness of our ethnic insults vocabulary was wide and deep. It reflected, all too easily, the more elaborate predjiduces of our parents (not my parents), which in their rabid form, had already resulted in tribal bloodbaths.
- Andrei Codrescu

My parents have been really supportive right from the very beginning.
- Benjamin Cohen

exemplar, n.
It's always something we have to negotiate- the face that my parents are happy, and yours have never been. I have something to live up to, and if I fail, I still have a family to welcome me home. You have a storyline to rewrite, and a lack of faith that it can ever be done.
You love my parents, I know. But you never get too close. You never truly believe there aren't bad secrets underneath.
- David Levithan

The only person I can count on is myself. It's up to me to create the life I want. I can't blame my parents or Scott or anyone else for the way things are.
- Susane Colasanti

I don't think that my parents even imagined that I would be exposed to drugs. In those days, for some reason, it was not talked about, just like sex was not talked about.
- Natalie Cole

I couldn't do country, with all due respect to all country music artists. My parents dressed me up with a cowboy hat and we'd go to the rodeo when I was younger and it traumatized me for life.
- Chris Colfer

I think I've been brought up very well by both my parents. I am very cautious and I think I'm now fit for the world I'm in. They're very much behind my modelling and very supportive.
- Lily Collins

I've grown up seeing the pros and cons but I love it and I've always wanted to act. Throughout all the rejections at auditions, and especially when I finally did get something, both my parents have been so supportive and always told me it is all about passion and, if I was doing it because I love it, there's no wrong choice.
- Lily Collins

My parents read me fairy tales every night and I used to believe I was a fairytale princess, like every young girl. I had all the Disney dressing-up costumes and would play every character.
- Lily Collins

My parents were very loving, but disciplinarians.
- Nadia Comaneci

I can trust in my parents' love. And it strikes me that is a big thing to trust, a big thing to have had, no matter what else happens.
- Ally Condie

We do not kiss. We do nothing but hold on and breathe, but still I know. I cannot go gently now. Not even for the sake of my parents, my family.
Not even for Xander.
- Ally Condie

Much as I love looking at the stats, I never learned to guide by them. I mark my course by people; Xander, a point in the map, my parents, another point; Ky, the final destination. When Xander moves, the geography of everything changes.
- Ally Condie

I couldn't have been luckier with my parents.
- Harry Connick Jr

My Dad is my hero. He's 85 now and he is in great health. He is handsome and strong. He has an incredible moral and ethical backbone. I couldn't have been luckier with my parents.
- Harry Connick Jr

My parents used to take me to the pet department and tell me it was a zoo.
- Billy Connolly

I'm glad that my parents missed one thing that was really unbelievable. They saw me hit this great success. It was a blast and we had a lot of laughs. And it was just an amazing time. They passed away. And then after I got, you know, famous, all these haters came out of nowhere.
- Dane Cook

My parents wanted me to solace them for sorrows they denied having had.
- Mason Cooley

My parents have been together since 1963, so that's something.
- Bradley Cooper

We were always around my dad, so he wasn't absentee at all. I don't think it was normal, but it was exciting. You always had lots of creative people around, and my parents took us everywhere.
- Sofia Coppola

When I'm home, the heart and soul of our family is in the kitchen. Growing up, my parents both worked, so dinnertime was for family - the TV was off. I think it's important to grab that time and really make it special, even after a tough day.
- Cat Cora

I was embarrassed when I went and told my parents that I was thinking about running for public office.
- Bob Corker

My parents always told me that if you want something, you can do whatever you have to do to get it. As long as it's not against someone else.
- Marion Cotillard

My parents definitely sparked something in me. I'm sure of it. I saw how happy and fulfilled they were, and I knew I wanted the same job.
- Marion Cotillard

This was not a good idea coming home for Christmas. I'm too old. Years ago, coming back from schools or trips, I always expected some sort of new perspective or fresh insight about the family on returning. That doesn't happen anymore-the days of revelation about my parents, at least, are over... its time to move on. I think we'd all appreciate that.
- Douglas Coupland

My heroes are and were my parents. I can't see having anyone else as my heroes.
- Michael Jordan

I had a head start in acting. Because of my parents, I had a SAG card, an agent and a recognizable name. But I knew if I screwed up, people would never forget. I'd be dead.
- Mary Crosby

I've had the time to go through all the life phases with my parents, from being a bratty teenager, pushing them away, to saying later on, 'Oh my God, I can't believe what you did for me - thank you. I love you so much.'
- Marcia Cross

When I was a little kid, I used to really embarrass my parents.
- Russell Crowe

Luce,' she says, 'I don't want my diary entry tomorrow to be: Stayed out all night. Went to prison. I have this urge to go home and watch TV with my parents and be completely boring.
- Cath Crowley

My parents were really encouraging. But I had to teach them the proper way you respond to an actor after seeing a play - regardless of whether you like their performance you tell them how great they are because they have to go on again the next night.
- Billy Crudup

I will always be the way I was a couple years ago before anything happened. And that's to my parents' credit, my amazing parents who have been around me my whole life and raised me right. I'm very happy with what has happened so far.
- Kaley Cuoco

My whole family actually, but my parents. I had such a normal and amazing childhood. I've been so lucky. My parents are cool and normal. They don't talk about the business and I still have stuff to do at their house.
- Kaley Cuoco

My parents always encouraged me and I had a good home life. We were always taught to respect things and other people. It's so different today, because children are just not taught the right way.
- Betty Cuthbert

I'm a big traveler these days. I was in Hong Kong. I live there. I was just in Belgium with my parents and now I'm on my way to North America. You will find me all over.
- Jean Claude Van Damme

I come from a family of working women, my mum went to work two weeks after I was born - my parents had no money, there was no choice.
- Lindsay Davenport

Call me Jonah. My parents did, or nearly did. They called me John.
- Kurt Vonnegut

So I went to New York City to be born again. It was and remains easy for most Americans to go somewhere else and start anew. I wasn't like my parents. I didn't have any supposedly sacred piece of land or shoals of friends to leave behind. Nowhere has the number zero been of more philisophical value than in the United States.... and when the [train] plunged into a tunnel under New York City, with it's lining of pipes and wires, I was out of the womb and into the birth canal.
- Kurt Vonnegut

My parents did not have a perfect marriage. It was pretty good, but it was not perfect. My marriage is not perfect. My wife is, but I happen to be imperfect. However, that does not discount the fact that the definition of marriage must be defended and protected.
- Stockwell Day

I was a dancer from a young age. My parents were dancers; we were taken to a lot of ballet as children. It occurred to me that what I liked more than dancing the steps was acting the story of whatever particular performance I was taking part in.
- Elizabeth Debicki

My parents had us very young. We lived in a modest house. We built forts, we hiked, we went camping and they wanted us to be independent. It's how children grew up in the 1940s and 50s: outside all the time, playing in the dirt, riding your bike around.
- Brooklyn Decker

With my first pay cheque I sent my parents to Jamaica, so they actually got passports! They're pretty grounded; it wasn't until they saw the trailer for 'Battleship' that they were like, 'Ooh, this is a big movie, isn't it?'
- Brooklyn Decker

I'll just go over to the Duke's," I said. "Her parents already told me I could stay there. I'll go over there and open all my presents, and talk about how my parents neglect me, and then maybe the Duke will give me some of her presents because she feels so bad about how my mom doesn't love me.
- John Green

My parents were my two best friends. My third best friend was an author who did not know I existed.
- John Green

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...