Skip to main content

Really Hurt Quotes

Most people weren't aware enough to fear the things that could really hurt them.
- Ann Aguirre

Twenty-two poems covered the period from Lev's first serious efforts to his arrest in 1948 at the age of nineteen. Very Mandelstamian, I adjudged: well-made, and studiously conversational, and coming close, here and there, to the images that really hurt and connect.
- Martin Amis

You can't have real pain without real love. You can't feel grief and loss and hurt without real love. Love is the only way you can ever be really hurt deep down.
- Katherine Applegate

That hurt querida, that really hurt
- Meg Cabot

Technical advisor. Since you know our enemies so well, we're going to pick your brain. (Jericho)
I'll tell you what you want to know. There's no need to torture me for it. (Asmodeus)
Pick your brain is an idiomatic expression, Asmodeus. It means we'll have you tell us things. We're not actually going in there to mess with your head. (Delphine)
Oh, thank the Source. I can't stand it when someone opens my skull. It really hurts. (Asmodeus)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

It feels like everything's been decided in advance that I'm following a path somebody else has already mapped out for me. It doesn't matter how much I think things over, how much effort I put into it. In fact, the harder I try, the more I lose my sense of who I am. It's like my identity's an orbit that I've strayed far away from, and that really hurts. But more than that, it scares me. Just thinking about it makes me flinch.
- Haruki Murakami

Her body was a prison, her mind was a prison. Her memories were a prison. The people she loved. She couldn't get away from the hurt of them. She could leave Eric, walk out of her apartment, walk forever if she liked, but she couldn't escape what really hurt. Tonight even the sky felt like a prison.
- Ann Brashares

Cruelty would be delicious if one could only find some sort of cruelty that didn't really hurt.
- George Bernard Shaw

Go for the knees, throat, and eyes
And I did. And I really hurt Sean. And then I started crying.
- Stephen Chbosky

Conn was a wickedly passionate, fiercely dominant man who loved her too much to ever really hurt her.
- Joely Sue Burkhart

A little while later Jack walked into the kitchen at the bar and saw Preacher scowl his greeting. Bravely, Jack walked up to the counter. "Hey, man," he said. "You were
right, I was wrong, and I'd like us to get back on the same team."
"You sure this team of mine isn't too much trouble for little you?" Preacher asked.
"Okay, you about done? Because this really hurts and I'm trying not to deck you right
now.
- Robyn Carr

The body is an inviolable limit. And you have to really hurt it before you know that.
- Peter Coyote

So long as you write it away regularly nothing can really hurt you.
- Shirley Jackson

You really hurt me. I wouldn't hurt you. Not like this.
- James Patterson

It's more than a job. It's very personal, so when you're hurt, you're really hurt inside.
- Charlotte Gainsbourg

But the hoping, that's what really hurts.
- Shannon Hale

I used the diabetes as my weapon. Of course, I was only hurting myself and making myself sicker, but I guess it was something I had to go through. I never went overboard so much that I really hurt myself, but my early teenage years were very tough.
- Dana Hill

Everything I do is blown out of proportion. It really hurts my feelings.
- Paris Hilton

I think I needed to be really hurt on the outside so the hurt on the inside would realize that it wasn't on its own and that it had to come out.
- Sarra Manning

The thing is that people only get hurtreally hurtwhen they're trying to play it safe. That's when people get injured, when they pull back at the last second because they're scared. They hurt themselves and other people.
- Morgan Matson

You can only really really hurt the ones that you really really love.
- Megan Mccafferty

Often the best guys are just those that can suffer longer, who don't give up. And it's so easy to give up, when you're on a mountain and it's really hurting. We go through a lot physically.
- David Millar

Things that really, really hurt are the right things to do.
- L J Smith

One thing I've learned is it's better to be addicted to things than people. You get hooked on a thing and if someone takes it from you, you can find another source. Only people can really hurt you. Only people can push you out into the cold permanently.
- A M Riley

Unfortunately, President Obama's failed policies of new regulations, higher taxes, and Obamacare and his anti-business rhetoric have hit Hispanics especially hard. Big government really hurts those who are trying to make it.
- Marco Rubio

I had built this bubble around us. Around all of us-you, me, Chewie, the kids, Luke, Mara, even Lando. Heck, even the stupid droids. We were all in it, you know. In it and safe, a cozy family. Nothing could hurt uscould really hurt us.
-Han Solo
- R A Salvatore

The thing is, when we do fight scenes, when we kill people in the movies, they bring in experts to choreograph it bit by bit, because you can't really kill someone, and you don't want to really hurt them.
- Annabella Sciorra

I smashed his hand as hard as I could with the Wiffle bat.
"Ow!" he screamed.
Carson was rubbing his red palm, inspecting it for damage. "That hurt," he shrieked. "You really hurt me."
"Right back at you," I said. "Good-bye Carson."
He frowned, massaging his hand, the big baby. "I just wanted to end this nicely."
"Yeah?" I cocked the bat up to hit him again. "Well, this time you don't get what you want.
- Rachel Vail

That's one of those things that will really hurt me personally, if I label a character or think about what it might do if it were to do well. I just try to do a good job with it.
- Luke Wilson

But in the mouth of Mother Nature's fury, Ethan's totally at ease, and I wonder if it's because he's studied weather for years, or because he figured out a long time ago that the things that really hurt you don't usually fall from the sky.
- Lara Zielin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...