Skip to main content

My Eye Quotes

There's another disadvantage to the use of the flashlight: like many other mechanical gadgets it tends to separate a man from the world around him. If I switch it on my eyes adapt to it and I can see only the small pool of light it makes in front of me; I am isolated. Leaving the flashlight in my pocket where it belongs, I remain a part of the environment I walk through and my vision though limited has no sharp or definite boundary.
- Edward Abbey

My eyes, my brain seek out escape routes wherever I am sent.
- Jack Henry Abbott

I'm a moldy moldy man
I'm moldy thru and thru
I'm a moldy moldy man
You would not think it true
I'm moldy til my eyeballs
I'm moldy til my toe
I will not dance I shyballs
I'm such a humble Joe.
- John Lennon

My universe is my eyes and my ears. Anything else is hearsay.
- Douglas Adams

I only decide my Universe. My Universe is my eyes and my ears. Everything else is hearsay.
- Douglas Adams

Oh don't give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/ No, don't you give me none more of that Old Janx Spirit/ For my head will fly, my tongue will lie, my eyes will fry and I may die/ Won't you pour me one more of that sinful Old Janx Spirit
- Douglas Adams

I read my eyes out and can't read half enough.... The more one reads the more one sees we have to read.
- John Adams

I read my eyes out and can't read half enough...the more one reads the more one sees we have to read.
- John Adams

I strode toward Mr. Coffee with lust in my eyes. We'd had a thing for quite some time now Mr. Coffee and I..
- Darynda Jones

A split second later, my life flashed before my eyes, and I came to one important conclusion about it.
It was fun while it lasted.
- Darynda Jones

Oh, my god!" I said, throwing my hands over my eyes and hurtling my body against the counter.
"What?"
"You're naked."
"I'm not naked."
"I'm blind."
"You're not blind. I'm wearing pants."
"Oh." That was embarrassing.
- Darynda Jones

I rolled my eyes."Be quiet or I'll be forced to flick you."
"Ooh," he mocked. "The ultimate threat. I don't think I've ever been flicked before.
- Alexandra Adornetto

I thought that it was 'cause I deserved the best and he's out there. He's just with all the wrong women. And let me be clear. After CENTURIES of men looking at my tits in stead of my eyes and pinching my ass instead of shaking my hand, I now have the *DIVINE* right to stare at a man's BACKSIDE with vulgar, cheap appreciation if I want to!
- Cecelia Ahern

Ineluctable modality of the visible: at least that if no more, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read, seaspawn and seawrack, the nearing tide, that rusty boot. Snotgreen, bluesilver, rust: coloured signs. Limits of the diaphane. But he adds: in bodies.
- James Joyce

And then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will yes.
- James Joyce

You bore me away, framed me in oak and tinsel, set me above your marriage couch. Unseen, one summer eve, you kissed me in four places. And with loving pencil you shaded my eyes, my bosom and my shame.
- James Joyce

Gazing up into the darkness I saw myself as a creature driven and derided by vanity; and my eyes burned with anguish and anger.
- James Joyce

Eyes open, then, I say, tapping the skin between my eyebrows. I don't really need her eyes to be on mine, but I feel better when they are.
- Veronica Roth

What do you think they're going to do to us when they find us guilty?" she says after a few minutes of silence have passed.
"Honestly?"
"Does now seem like the time for honesty?"
I look at her from the corner of my eye. "I think they're going to force us to eat lots of cake and then take an unreasonably long nap.
- Veronica Roth

My body rises with the water. Instead of kicking my feet to stay abreast of it, I push all the air from my lungs and sink to the bottom. The water muffles my ears. I feel its movement over my face. I think about snorting the water into my lungs so it kills me faster, but I can't bring myself to do it. I blow bubbles from my mouth.
Relax. I close my eyes. My lungs burn.
- Veronica Roth

You know, most boys would enjoy being trapped in close quarters with a girl." I roll my eyes.
"Not claustrophobic people, Tris.
- Veronica Roth

He gives me a conflicted look and touches his lips to my forehead, right between my eyebrows. I close my eyes. I don't understand this, whatever it is. But I don't want to ruin it, so I say nothing. He doesn't move; he just stays there with his mouth pressed to my skin, and I stay there with my hands on his waist, for a long time.
- Veronica Roth

The man running toward me is not a man, he is a boy. A shaggy-haired boy with a crease between his eyebrows.
Will. Dull-eyed and mindless, but still Will. He stops running and mirrors me, his feet planted and his gun up. In an instant, I see his finger poised over the trigger and hear the bullet slide into the chamber, and I fire. My eyes squeezed shut. Can't breathe.
The bullet hit him in the head. I know because that's where I aimed it.
- Veronica Roth

His hands skim my bare arms. "Just bounce a little when you walk," he says, kissing my forehead, "and pretend you're afraid of their guns" another kiss between my eyebrows "and act like the shrinking violet you could never be "a kiss on my cheek "and you'll be fine.
- Veronica Roth

I also wanted to ask you if we can talk to the Erudite you're keeping safe here," I say. "I know they're hidden, but I need access to them."
"And what do you intend to do?" she says.
"Shoot them," I say, rolling my eyes.
"That isn't funny.
- Veronica Roth

Drink this," she says.
"What is it?" my throat feels swollen.
I swallow hard. "What's going to happen?"
"Can't tell you that. Just trust me."
I press air from my lungs and tip the contents of the vial into my mouth. My eyes close.
- Veronica Roth

By now, the morning sun was just over the horizon and it came at me like a sidearm pitch between the houses of my old neighborhood. I shielded my eyes. This being early October, there were already piles of leaves pushed against the curbmore leaves than I remembered from my autumns hereandless open space in the sky. I think what you notice most when you haven't been home in a while is how much the trees have grown around your memories.
- Mitch Albom

simply-quotes Follow

I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.
- Jodi Picoult

Once upon a time there were two sisters. One of them was really, really strong, and one of them wasn't.' You looked at me. 'Your turn.'
I rolled my eyes. 'The strong sister went outside into the rain and realized the reason she was strong was because she was made out of iron, but it was raining and she rusted. The end.'
No, because the sister who wasn't strong went outside into the rain when it was raining, and hugged her really tight until the sun came out again.
- Jodi Picoult

It made me think of my mother, when she made her pie crusts. She'd prick little holes all over the place. So it can breath, she said. I was just breathing. I closed my eyes, anticipating each cut, feeling that wash of relief when it was done.
- Jodi Picoult

I close my eyes, rub my thumb against the bridge of my nose to ward off the headache. Well, Rome wasn't built in a day.
- Jodi Picoult

I close my eyes, thinking that there is nothing like an embrace after an absence, nothing like fitting my face into the curve of his shoulder and filling my lungs with the scent of him.
- Jodi Picoult

On my license, it says I'm an organ donor, but the truth is I'd consider being an organ martyr. I'm sure I'm worth a lot more dead than alive - the sum of the parts equal more than the whole. I wonder who might wind up walking around with my liver, my lungs, even my eyeballs. I wonder what poor asshole would get stuck with whatever it is in me that passes for a heart.
- Jodi Picoult

I closed my eyes and curled my fists around the things I knew for sure:
That a scallop has thirty-five eyes, all blue.
That a tuna will suffocate if it ever stops swimming.
That I was loved.
That this time, it was not me who broke
- Jodi Picoult

Yes, she is." He looks at me, his face carved in pain. "She is dying, Sara. She will die, either tonight or tomorrow or maybe a year from now if we're really lucky. You heard what Dr. Chance said. Arsenic's not a cure. It just postpones what's coming."
My eyes fill up with tears. "But I love her," I say, because that is reason enough.
- Jodi Picoult

That the sum of a man's life was not where he wound up but in the details that brought him there.
That we made mistakes.
I closed my eyes, sick of the riddles, and to my surprise all I could see were dandelions-as if they had been painted on the fields of my imagination, a hundred thousand suns. And I remembered something else that makes us human: faith, the only weapon in our arsenal to battle doubt.
- Jodi Picoult

If my eyes have pain, I close them; If my body aches, I rest it; If my heart breaks, I mend it; If my soul is lost, I pray for it
- Jeremy Aldana

Connor suddenly reached out and touched the side of my face with his finger, right near my eye. "You have the most beautiful eyes," he said softly, and I nearly melted.
"I'm not going to sleep with you," I said softly, feeling the need to clarify that point.
"I'm not asking you to," he said, tilting his head down slightly. Ever so gently, he pressed his lips to mine.
- Monica Alexander

I disarmed you with my smile?" I called out when he was a few feet from me, raising my eyebrows.
He turned and smirked at me. "You sure did."
"You totally snaked that from a Smashing Pumpkins song," I said, shaking my head.
"The fact that you know that is incredibly sexy."
"I told you, I'm not like most girls.
- Monica Alexander

I rolled my eyes at his exuberance. "I have an older brother," I said. "He got all the sports knowledge. I learned how to bake cookies.
- Monica Alexander

It doesnt hurt."
"But my eyes do," said a coolly amused voice from the doorway. Jace. He had come in so quietly that even Simon hadn't heard him, he grinned as Isabelle pulled Simon's shirt down. "Molesting the vampire while he's too weak to fight back, Iz?" he asked. "I'm pretty sure that violates at least one of the Accords.
- Cassandra Clare

My eyes are usually described as golden...and luminous.
- Cassandra Clare

Are you the one with the blue eyes?"
"Actually, my eyes are usually described as golden...and luminous.
- Cassandra Clare

Hugo attacked me." Clary tried not to wince as the astringent liquid stung her wounds.
Hugo?" Luke blinked.
Hodge's bird. I think it was his bird, anyway. Maybe it was Valentine's."
Hugin," Luke said softly. "Hugin and Munin were Valentine's pet birds. Their names mean 'Thought' and 'Memory.'"
Well they should mean 'Attack' and 'Kill,'" said Clary. "Hugo almost tore my eyes out.
- Cassandra Clare

She was looking into my eyes with that way she had of looking that made you wonder whether she really saw out of her own eyes. They would look on and on after every one else's eyes in the world would have stopped looking. She looked as though there were nothing on earth she would not look at like that, and really she was afraid of so many things.
- Ernest Hemingway

She was sitting up now. My arm was around her and she was leaning back against me, and we were quite calm. She was looking into my eyes with that way she had of looking that made you wonder whether she really saw out of her own eyes. They would look on and on after every one else's eyes in the world would have stopped looking. She looked as though there were nothing on earth she would not look at like that, and really she was afraid of so many things,
- Ernest Hemingway

All I need is my brains, my eyes and my personality, for better or for worse.
- William Albert Allard

You're so good looking I can barely keep my eyes on the meter.
- Woody Allen

Gauguin flew into a frenzy! He held my head under the X-ray machine for ten straight minutes and for several hours after I could not blink my eyes in unison." "If The Impressionists Had Been Dentists
- Woody Allen

I had a lot of dates but I decided to stay home and dye my eyebrows.
- Andy Warhol

Yesterday, my eyeglass prescription ran out.
- Steven Wright

I rolled my eyes so far into the top of my head I almost fell over backward.
- Janet Evanovich

My eyes rolled so far back in my head that I could see myself think
- Janet Evanovich

I have photographs taken of me at the time I was addicted, and thought I looked good. I see them today and realize my eyes were dead.
- Kirstie Alley

Should I have a doughnut or my disgusting cardboard?" asked Gwynn, as she drew up languidly before me at a study table in a bookstore on State Street, raising a puffed rice cake in the air.
My eyes narrowed attentively at her face, but as I hesitated, she announced eagerly, "Disgusting cardboard it is!
- Daniel Amory

Ultima came to stay with us the summer I was almost seven. When she came the beauty of the llano unfolded before my eyes, and the gurgling waters of the river sang to the hum of the turning earth. The magical time of childhood stood still, and the pulse of the living earth pressed its mystery into my living blood.
- Rudolfo Anaya

The orange of the golden carp appeared at the edge of the pond.... We watched in silence at the beauty and grandeur of the great fish. Out of the corners of my eyes I saw Cico hold his hand to his breast as the golden carp glided by. Then with a switch of his powerful tail the golden carp disappeared into the shadowy water under the thicket.
- Rudolfo Anaya

The light beyond my eyes flashflashflashes with a hundred futures for me. Doctor. Ship's captain. Forest ranger. Librarian. Beloved of that man or that women or those children or those people who voted for me or who painted my picture. Poet. Acrobat. Engineer. Friend. Guardian. Avenging whirlwind. A million futures--not all pretty, not all long, but all of them mine. I do have a choice - p. 271
- Laurie Halse Anderson

I look at my homely sketch. It doesn't need anything. Even through the river in my eyes I can see that. It isn't perfect and that makes it just right.
- Laurie Halse Anderson

I lift my arm out of the water. It's a log. Put it back under and it blows up even bigger. People see the log and call it a twig. They yell at me because I can't see what they see. Nobody can explain to me why my eyes work different than theirs. Nobody can make it stop.
- Laurie Halse Anderson

They yell at me because I can't see what they see. Nobody can explain to me why my eyes work different than theirs. Nobody can make it stop.
- Laurie Halse Anderson

Here stands a girl clutching a knife. There is grease on the stove, blood in the air, and angry words piled in the corners. We are trained not to see it, not to see any of it.... Someone just ripped off my eyelids.
- Laurie Halse Anderson

I turned to leave and paused before the gap in the ruined wall. "One last thing, Your Majesty. I'd like a name I can put into my report, something shorter than typing out 'The Leader of the Southern Shapechanger Faction.' What should I call you?"
"Lord."
I rolled my eyes.
He shrugged. "It's short.
- Ilona Andrews

I closed my eyes.
"Are you okay?"
"I'm tired. My knee is hurting again and I'm trying to teleport myself upstairs."
"Um, Kate, you can't do that."
"I know. But I'm trying very hard. Let me know if I start fading?
- Ilona Andrews

I batted my eyelashes and did my best to appear dumb as a board
- Ilona Andrews

Raphael turned me over and looked at me, his face close to mine."You and I will never be done.You're my mate."
He kissed the corner of my mouth.I almost cried.
"I stopped sleeping since you left,"he said "I'll sleep for a couple of hours,wake up, you're not there." I closed my eyes.
"I need an answer, Andrea," he said.
"An answer?"
"Mate. Yes or no."
"Do you need to ask?" I whispered."You're my mate.
- Ilona Andrews

I almost had her."
Curran nodded. "I heard. And you could've taken her, too."
My voice came out flat. "Rub it in, why don't you."
He grinned. "No time for that now, maybe later."
I closed my eyes. There wouldn't be any later.
"Are you imagining me rubbing it in?" he asked.
- Ilona Andrews

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Stuff that. I'll write a doctoral thesis. Then I can go do what most of the other people with doctoral degrees in anthropology do."
"What's that?" asked Calvin.
"You don't need to encourage her," said Adam seriously, but his eyes laughed at me.
"The same thing that people with degrees in history do," I said. "Fix cars or serve frnech fries and bad hamburgers.
- Patricia Briggs

It was Adam, but he was too late. He couldn't love me anymore. He would be so angry with me. I had to hide. He didn't love me so he might hurt me when he was angry. When he calmed down, that would hurt him. I didn't want him hurting because of me. There was nowhere for a person to hide. So I wouldn't be a person. My eyes fell on the shelves that lined the far back corner. A coyote could hide there.
- Patricia Briggs

It's the fire in my eyes,
And the flash of my teeth,
The swing in my waist,
And the joy in my feet.
I'm a woman
Phenomenally.
- Maya Angelou

When I look into the future, it's so bright it burns my eyes.
- Oprah Winfrey

She stood a moment before my eyes, clearly and painfully, loved and deeply woven into my destiny; then fell away again in a deep oblivion, at a half regretted distance.
- Hermann Hesse

I called the world of phenomena an illusion, I called my eyes and my tongue and accident, valueless phenomena. No, that is all over; I have awakened, I have really awakened and have just been born today.
- Hermann Hesse

It is good," he thought "to taste for yourself everything you need to know. That worldly pleasures and wealth are not good things, I learned even as a child. I knew it for a long time, but only now have I experienced it. And now I know it, I know it not only because I remember hearing it, but with my eyes, with my heart, with my stomach. And it is good for me to know it!
- Hermann Hesse

If in my youth I had realized that the sustaining splendour of beauty of with which I was in love would one day flood back into my heart, there to ignite a flame that would torture me without end, how gladly would I have put out the light in my eyes.
- Michelangelo

Some of my finest hours have been spent on my back veranda, smoking hemp and observing as far as my eye can see.
- Thomas Jefferson

I closed my eyes, thinking, Let me love you, Hardy, just let me.
- Lisa Kleypas

I never talked about you much. I said to Hardy. My voice sounded odd to my own ears.
Hardy stared into my eyes and nodded, understanding that some things mean too
much to be expressed easily.
- Lisa Kleypas

I don't really know. I've never rescued a girl I love from the Furies before." He looked alarmed as he noticed my eyes were filling with tears. "Don't cry."
"How can I not?" I asked him. "You just said you love me."
"Why else did you think all of this was happening?" He set the book aside to wrap his arms around me. "The Furies wouldn't be trying to kill you if I didn't love you.
- Meg Cabot

I thought if you wore that, no matter what face you saw every morning in the mirror," he said in his deep voice, "you'll never forget who you really are."
My eyes filling with tear, I held my hand out across the tabletop. He grasped my fingers, his grip strong and reassuring.
"As if I ever could," I said, my voice clogged with emotion, "with you around to remind me.
- Meg Cabot

Inside the envelope with the letter was a little Princess Leia action figure USB flash drive. (they make these?) For me to store my novel on, since he was right-I never back up my computer's hard drive.
The sight of it-it's Princess Leia in her Hoth outfit, my favorite of her costumes (how had he remembered?) brought tears to my eyes.
- Meg Cabot

It is difficult to talk about fashion in the abstract, without a human body before my eyes, without drawings, without a choice of fabric - without a practical or visual reality.
- Giorgio Armani

You know what? Lets go." I shot Aiden a defiant look. "Come on Seth. Let's go continue our lovers' quarrel."
"Yes my love, that sounds fantastic. Don't forget to grab a dagger so you can poke my eyeballs out.
- Jennifer L Armentrout

She's a stupid-'
'Be careful what you say next.' Daemon's voice was low but carried. 'Because what you don't know and what you can't possibly understand will get a bolt of light in your face.'
My eyes widened, as did pretty much everyone's in the room. Ash swallowed thickly and turned her cheek, letting her blonde hair cover her face.
'Daemon,' Mr Garrison said, stepping forward. 'Threatening one of your own for her? I didn't expect this from you.
- Jennifer L Armentrout

I rolled my eyes. "I'm sure I'll hold out until Halloween."
"That's already passed."
"Exactly," I muttered
- Jennifer L Armentrout

And this is why you don't want me to be friends with Dee, because you were afraid that I'd find out the truth?"
"That, and you're a human. Humans are weak. They bring us nothing but trouble."
My eyes narrowed. "We aren't weak. And you're on our planet. How about a little respect, buddy."
Amusement flickered in his emerald eyes. "Point taken.
- Jennifer L Armentrout

In your dreams, Kitten." He smirked. "Oh wait, I'm already starring in those, aren't I?"
I rolled my eyes.
"Nightmares, Daemon. Nightmares.
- Jennifer L Armentrout

Oh, yeah." Carissa nodded. "They were googley-eyed in class on Friday. It was pretty steamy, the whole 'I'm
screwing you with my eyes' thing they had going on." I choked on my drink. "That was not what we were doing. We were talking!
- Jennifer L Armentrout

What?" I whined, and tried to push his hands away.
He cursed and gripped me tighter. "Wake up!" he yelled. When I didn't, he slapped my cheek.
My eyes flew open and I sputtered in shock. "What? Just let me go back to sleep!"
"I can't! You've lost a lot of blood. If you go to sleep, you'll die.
- Jennifer Armintrout

I rolled my eyes. He made me sound like a cunning criminal about to bring down the entire covenant.
- Jennifer Armintrout

If you weren't here I wouldn't see it," said Ingram, firmly believing it in the face of the fact that nothing ever escaped his acute vision. "I see all this only through you. You are my eyes. Without you I go blind, I grope about with the light gone out. You don't know what you are to me, you little shining crystal thingyou don't begin to realise it, my dear, my dear sweet Found-at-Last.
- Elizabeth Von Arnim

My eyes were stinging, my body shaking, and my heart seemed to be just aching deep in my chest. (...)
I should have let myself smash down the rocks. It would have hurt a whole lot less
- Keri Arthur

I covered my eyes with my hand. Please don't let it be what I think it is. "It isn't babysitting again, is it?" I asked in a squeaky voice. Oh dear, please don't let him hear what I'd said.
- Millicent Ashby

May 1, 2011
Young jubulent Americans celebrating the killing of a murderer of women and children, and people ask;
"Is it right to celebrate?"
I watched these Americans in Times Square, D.C. and the world , a great generation, that died for freedom and that of the oppressed, and people ask; "Is it right to feel joy?"
"Yes, I sat proudly with tears in my eyes."
I was watching footage of the end of World War Two.....Johnny Flora
- Johnny Flora

My breathing begins to slow. The tension in my muscles starts to relax.
Then, a click in the headphones. A slow breath of air.
I open my eyes to bright moonlight.
And Hannah, with warmth.
Thank you.
- Jay Asher

You know what love is?"
Creed asked that and my eyes shot from the hair on his forehead to his.
"I..." I swallowed again then, holding his eyes, I whispered, "Yes. I do. I know what love is, Creed."
I felt his big hand curl warm on the side of my face before I felt the pad of his thumb sweep across my lips again. He watched it move as he replied, "I do too, baby." His eyes came to mine. "I absolutely do.
- Kristen Ashley

Fuck," he muttered.
...
"Language in front of the girls," I snapped.
"Baby, they hear it all the time," he returned and I felt my eyes get wide in motherly affront.
Cal looked at my face then over the seat to the girls and asked, "You gonna say fuck because I say fuck?"
"No," Kate answered immediately.
"No, 'cause Mom doesn't like it," Keira replied waspishly.
Cal looked back at me and raised his brows.
- Kristen Ashley

Come back to me, I begged, the tear slipping over my eye and gliding down my cheek.
- Kristen Ashley

You're a fucking miracle," he whispered against my skin and I closed my eyes. I loved that he thought that about me.
"I'm a woman," I whispered back.
"You're an angel.
- Kristen Ashley

Looks to me like it sorted itself out. The girl's been laid, my guess, fairly recently, guessin' again, good and proper. Next problem!" I closed my eyes. Someone, please tell me that Shirleen didn't just announce to the entire store that I'd been laid "good and proper
- Kristen Ashley

I closed my eyes and my body settled.Without thinking my body knew it'd do anything,anything, for Holden Maxwell.
- Kristen Ashley

Never," Max said, again ignoring me. "Never did I walk into a room and see her dressed to go out and forget how to breathe like I did when I saw you before we went to The Rooster." I felt my eyes grow wide at this admission and I, too, forgot how to breathe.
- Kristen Ashley

The tears stung my nose as the flames licked Mahyah's body then I froze as my eyes caught on something, lifted to the sky and my breath stuck in my throat as I heard gasps all around, felt the astonished shuffling of bodies and Diandra's hand came to mine and held tight. This was because, as the flames danced high, arching through the sky over the pyre, there was a brilliant, perfect rainbow.
- Kristen Ashley

I pointed my eyes straight ahead too and muttered, "I'm sure I'll find something I can do." I felt Frey's eyes on me, kept mine aimed at the hall then I heard Frey sigh. "Indeed, you will and this terrifies me," he muttered back and that was when I allowed myself to giggle.
- Kristen Ashley

I closed my eyes, sucked in breath and felt like a slut.
This was mainly because I was acting like one.
- Kristen Ashley

If you ever carry forth a plot that threatens my golden queen, you will die choking on your own balls and you'll do it while staring in my eyes
- Kristen Ashley

You're safe, Lauren," he murmured and my eyes came back to his.
"You weren't safe with him but, honey, swear to God, you're safe with me.
- Kristen Ashley

My eyes flew open and when they did, his dark ones, not looking detached, not blank, not impassive, but heated and turned on and God, could it be? Totally freaking sexy.
- Kristen Ashley

He looked at my mouth then he looked in my eyes then his arm and hand gave me a squeeze before he stated, Now, I think she finally fuckin' gets me.
- Kristen Ashley

You and me are both in my bed, no one's asleep, no one's delirious, I think we should take advantage of that."
My eyes got wide as my body reacted strongly to his suggestion and it was a positive reaction.
"Mindy's downstairs," I whispered and he grinned, his face getting even closer.
"Not gonna fuck you, honey, just fool around," he whispered back
"Max-"
"Shut up and kiss me, Duchess."
"Max!"
"All right, I'll kiss you.
- Kristen Ashley

Gods, that you would have granted me this boon when she wed me and with it gave me one night of this hot, greedy tart rather than the cold, selfish fish you gave me, he muttered, my eyes moved to him and I saw he was speaking to the ceiling in audible prayer.
- Kristen Ashley

In the dark, dank world of the Tunnels, I would call upon this memory. And there would be a flicker of candlelight. If only for a moment. I closed my eyes, as if my eyelids were the levers of a printing press, etching the fibers into my mind. Memories were outside Cole's reach. As long as I held them, memories were mine and mine alone.
- Brodi Ashton

Sometimes I would like to cry. I close my eyes. Why weren't we designed so that we can close our ears as well? (Perhaps because we would never open them.) Is there some way that I could accelerate my evolution and develop earlids?
- Kate Atkinson

On the way home from school we go to the record store... [Cordelia] expects me to roll my eyes in ecstasy, the way she does; she expects me to groan. She knows the rituals, she knows how we're supposed to be behaving, now that we're in high school. But I think these things are impenetrable and fraudulent, and I can't do them without feeling I'm acting.
- Margaret Atwood

My hands are out of practice, my eyes disused. Most of what I do is drawing, because the preparation of the surface, the laborious underpainting and detailed concentration... are too much for me. I have lost confidence: perhaps all I will ever be is what I am now.
- Margaret Atwood

I don't even close my eyes. Out there or inside my head, it's an equal darkness. Or light.
- Margaret Atwood

We spoke about our dreams and how we always felt safe in them, no matter how bad everthing else seemed. He told me it was one of the best days of his life and then he took out his gun. A.22 rifle. And he leaned forward and whispered, "Forgive me, Taylor Markham." Before I could ask how he knew my name and what I was to forgive him for he said, "Take care of my little girl."
And then he told me to close my eyes.
And I've been frightened to do just that ever since.
- Melina Marchetta

A movement unlocked my attention. I re-focused my eyes, looking past the vodka glass and into the static buzz of the TV. I stayed very still for a few seconds before lowering the glass to the floor, careful not to take my eyes off the screen. There was something distant and alive in the depths of the white noise - a living glide of thoughts swimming forward, a moving body of concepts and half felt images.
- Steven Hall

I became hypnotized by my own loneliness, unwilling to stop until my eyes wouldn't stay open anymore, watching the white line of the highway as though it was the last thing that connected me to the earth.
- Paul Auster

There was nothing to see, nothing to distract me from succumbing to my fears, and the longer I kept my eyes shut, the more terribly I saw my fears wanted me to see.
- Paul Auster

I have always thought that my ear is also very influenced by my eyes.
- Emanuel Ax

From time to time it's fun to close our eyes, and in that dark say to ourselves, 'I am the sorcerer, and when I open my eyes I shall see a world that I have created, and for which I and only I am completely responsible.' Slowly then, eyelids open like curtains lifting stage-center. And sure enough, there's our world, just the way we've built it.
- Richard Bach

I closed my eyes and rested my head against his chest, wishing sincerely that Rhiannon would get hit by a bus.
- P C Cast

He leaned back a little, not taking his arm from around me, but looking into my eyes.
You're changing, Zoey. And I'm not sure what you're changing into.
- P C Cast

I closed my eyes, bowed my head and thought, AH, HELL..
- P C Cast

I stared at myself in the mirror. Okay, just ugh. I had to get some sleep tonight - the bags under my eyes had bags.
- P C Cast

I watched you while you were sleeping and you looked completely at peace. I wish I could feel that. I wish I could close my eyes and feel at peace. But I can't. I can't feel anything if I'm not
with you, and even then all I can do is want something that I don't think I can ever have, at least not now. So I left this, and my peace, with you. Stark.
- P C Cast

My eyes are green, Cause I eat a lot of vegetables,
It don't have nothing to do with your new friend
- Erykah Badu

So I let them be responsible for there particular areas. Then by the time it gets to me that means that there is a problem. I have my eyes open and I need to know something about every department but you don't want to micro manage any particular department.
- Dusty Baker

I hate failure and that divorce was a Number One failure in my eyes. It was the worst period of my life. Neither Desi nor I have been the same since, physically or mentally.
- Lucille Ball

When soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a battle-field, they have all one rank in my eyes.
- Napoleon Bonaparte

My eyes are vague blue, like the sky, and change all the time; they are indiscriminate but fleeting, entirely specific and disloyal, so that no one trusts me. I am always looking away. Or again at something after it has given me up.
- Frank O Hara

I held my crotch, closed my eyes and repeated my secret catechism.
- Iain Banks

I often close my eyes because I can't tolerate violence.
- Christine Baranski

My eyes are a little blood shot from crying, and my hair's messy. But other than that i don't look like someone who's world is falling apart
-Courtney; Two way street
i love this quote. I'm not entirely sure why, but i just do. I guess probably the because it true.. once you're in that position.
- Lauren Barnholdt

You ready for the next part?" Sundown
"Like an adrenaline shot straight into my heart via my eyes." Abigail
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

In essence, we're their servants who help them and who guard them from the public. (Leo)
Oh gee, golly, goodie, Mr. Leo! Can I have my eyes gouged out, too? (Susan)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

I take it you didn't get the permits...again. (Brian)
What was your first clue? (Geary)
Oh, I don't know. That stomping stance as you walked down the street, clenching and unclenching your fists like you're already choking someone, or maybe it's that way you're looking at me like you could claw out my eyes when I haven't done anything to piss you off. (Brian)
Yes, you have. (Geary)
And that is? (Brian)
You don't have a gun. (Geary)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Alright, macho babe boy, I'm not some little ditz to bat my eyelashes at the buff stud in black leather. Don't try your he-man tactics with me. I'll have you know, in my office, I'm known as the ball-breaker. (Amanda)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Disease. Filth. Waste. Crime. Brutality. What's there to like? (Solin)
There's brutality on Olympus. (Arik)
True. But I hate humanity as much as I hate the gods. Both groups are selfish bastards bent on destroying everything around them. They were given a perfect world and rather than enjoy it, they'd rather destroy it and each other. Excuse me if I don't look at them with love in my eyes but rather scorn in my heart. (Solin)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

It's true, and I was really hideous as a preteen. Tall and gawky. I used to bump my head into everything. Still do sometimes. (Kat)
You are my daughter. (Acheron)
Sure I am, I can't imagine you ever being uncoordinated. (Kat)
Oh, I assure you I've nailed quite a few signs with my forehead. It's a wonder 'Exit' isn't permanently imprinted right between my eyes. (Acheron)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Lights! Lights would be very good right now! (Amanda)
Since they hurt my eyes to the point I can barely see, no they wouldn't. Trust me. (Kyrian)
Trust you, my left foot! I'm not immortal over here! (Amanda)
Yeah, well, in a bad enough car wreck, neither am I. (Kyrian)
I really hate your sense of humor. (Amanda)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Want a closer look? (Tate)
Like a screwdriver through my eye socket. Sure, let's have a look-see. (Simone)
Ooo, welcome back, Ms. Snark. I've missed you. (Tate)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

You told me once, long ago, to look into a mirror and see your face. I refused to then. But now Mnimi has forced me to look at my own reflection. I've seen it through my eyes and I've seen it through yours. I wish to the gods that I could change what happened between us. If I could go back, I would never deny you. But I can't. We both know that. Now I just want the chance to know you as I should have known you all those centuries ago. (Styxx)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

I'd rather have my eyes gouged out. (Urian)
If I do that, can the Simi eat them? (Simi)
You have to share if you do! (Xirena)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

I go to work the minute I open my eyes.
- Lynda Barry

I lay on the bed and shut my eyes, thinking that nobody really likes marriage, that it's a flawed arrangement, that people get enthusiastic and jump in for a hundred reasons and then, after the ceremony, after a few years, the whole deal turns into a concert they wouldn't have dreamed of attending.
- Frederick Barthelme

Ultimately or at the limit in order to see a photograph well, it is best to look away or close your eyes. 'The necessary condition for an image is sight,'Janouch told Kafka; and Kafka smiled and replied: 'We photograph things in order to drive them out of our minds. My stories are a way of shutting my eyes.
- Roland Barthes

I like cast iron coated with enamel for longevity and forgiveness if I happen to take my eyes off the prize while pouring Chianti.
- Mario Batali

She studied my face.
I rubbed my eyes. "I'm fine," I assured her.
That was five months ago. I wasn't fine then and I'm not fine now. (Thwonk)
- Joan Bauer

I looked at her from the corner of my eye. Some people are hard to imagine as children.
- Joan Bauer

Every time people come at us with the intention of killing us, I close my eyes and wait for death. Even thought I am still alive, I feel like each time I accept death, part of me dies. Very soon I will completely die and all that will be left is my empty body walking with you. It will be quieter than I am.
- Ishmael Beah

Once I opened my eyes to the realities of life, I couldn't close them.
- Emmanuelle Beart

If I have one thing perfect, it's my eyebrows. And my feet. I love my feet. They're like Japanese feet. The rest I would like to hide. Especially my freckles. I feel ridiculous.
- Emmanuelle Beart

I open the door of the cell and go. I am so bowed I only see my feet, if I open my eyes, and between my legs a little trail of black dust. I say to myself that the earth is extinguished, though I never saw it lit.
- Samuel Beckett

I had the whole sky in my eyes and it was blue and gold.
- Albert Camus

When I was young I asked more of people than they could give: everlasting friendship, endless feeling.
Now I know to ask less of them than they can give: a straightforward companionship. And their feelings, their friendship, their generous actions seem in my eyes to be wholly miraculous: a consequence of grace alone.
- Albert Camus

and I get refill number three or four and the wine is making my bones loose and it's giving my hair a red sheen and my breasts are blooming and my eyes feel sultry and wise and the dress is water.
- Aimee Bender

My eyelids are my own private cave, he murmured. That I can go to anytime I want.
- Aimee Bender

Ant 1: So, uh, do you ever worry that your itsy little neck is just going to snap under the weight of your head?
Ant 2: Stop asking me that. You ask me that, like, every five minutes.
Ant 1: Sometimes I notice my antennae out of the corner of my eye and I'm all, like: AHH! Something is on me! Get it off! Get it off!
Ant 2: Yeah, the antennae again. Listen, I just remembered, I have to go walk around aimlessly now.
- Jim Benton

What first caught my eye about Rihanna was an interview she did with Diane Sawyer after the Chris Brown incident, where she was very articulate, very poised, obviously a smart girl who talked about a very traumatic experience.
- Peter Berg

I cried until my eyes swelled shut, and then I slept, a black, dreamless sleep from which I awoke amazingly refreshed, at least until I remembered.
- Elizabeth Berg

I have wanted you to see out of my eyes so many times.
- Elizabeth Berg

It was a character-building week, a week that thinned my hair, put circles underneath my eyes.
- Megan Mayhew Bergman

My eyes shifted to the trickling river. Come spring, it would be ten times as wide and just as deep. On and on it went, rushing toward the distant horizon. Like time. Like life. Sometimes gently falling from one pool into the other, other times fast and cascading, and still other times narrowing into a funnel, a torrent of knots and waves.
- Lisa Tawn Bergren

I closed my eyes and listened carefully for the descendants of Sputnik, even now circling the earth, gravity their only tie to the planet. Lonely metal souls in the unimpeded darkness of space, they meet, pass each other, and part, never to meet again. No words passing between them. No promises to keep.
- Haruki Murakami

Where are you now?'
Where was I now?
Gripping the receiver, I raised my hand and turned to see what lay beyond the telephone booth. Where was I now? I had no idea. No idea at all. Where was this place? All that flashed into my eyes were the countless shapes of people walking by to nowhere. Again and again, I called out for Midori from the dead center of this place that was no place.
- Haruki Murakami

I didn't have much to say to anybody but kept to myself and my books. With my eyes closed, I would touch a familiar book and draw it's fragrance deep inside me. This was enough to make me happy.
- Haruki Murakami

I'm free, I think. I shut my eyes and think hard and deep about how free I am, but I can't really understand what it means. All I know is I'm totally alone. All alone in an unfamiliar place, like some solitary explorer who's lost his compass and his map. Is this what it means to be free? I don't know, and I give up thinking about it.
- Haruki Murakami

I read Naoko's letter again and again, and each time I read it I would be filled with the same unbearable sadness I used to feel whenever Naoko stared into my eyes. I had no way to deal with it, no place I could take it to or hide it away. Like the wind passing over my body, it had neither shape nor weight, nor could I wrap myself in it.
- Haruki Murakami

Astrud Gilberto sang an old bossa nova song. "Take me to Aruanda," she sang. I closed my eyes, and the clatter of the cups and saucers sounded like the roar of a far-off sea. Aruandawhat's it like there?
- Haruki Murakami

I was in my house, alone in the living room, anxious about you, watching the flashes of lightning. And a flash of lightning lit up this truth for me, right in front of my eye. That night i lost you, I lost something inside me. Or perhaps several things. Something central to my existence, the very support for who I am as a person
- Haruki Murakami

With my eyes closed, I would touch a familiar book and draw its fragrance deep inside me. This was enough to make me happy.
- Haruki Murakami

The sun sliced through the windshield, sealing me in light. I closed my eyes and felt the warmth on my eyelids. Sunlight traveled a long distance to reach this planet; an infinitesimal portion of that sunlight was enough to warm my eyelids. I was moved. That something as insignificant as an eyelid had its place in the workings on the universe, that the cosmic order did not overlook this momentary fact.
- Haruki Murakami

Body cells replace themselves every month. Even at this very moment," she said, thrusting a skinny back of her hand before my eyes. "Most everything you think you know about me is nothing more than memories.
- Haruki Murakami

If I listen to some utterly perfect performance of an utterly perfect piece while I'm driving, I might want to close my eyes and die right then and there. But listening to the D major, I can feel the limits of what humans are capable of - that a certain type of perfection can only be realized through a limitless accumulation of the imperfect. And personally, I feel that encouraging. Do you know what I'm getting at?
- Haruki Murakami

What would tomorrow bring? I wondered. Both hands on the wheel, I closed my eyes. I didn't feel like I was in my own body; my body was just a lonely, temporary container I happened to be borrowing. What would become of me tomorrow I did not know.
- Haruki Murakami

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. But it was not until much later that I was able to get any real sleep. In a place far away from anyone or anywhere, I drifted off for a moment.
- Haruki Murakami

... my heart would swell without warning, and tremble, and lurch with a stab of pain. I would try clamping my eyes shut and gritting my teeth, and waiting for it to pass. And it would pass -- but slowly, taking its own time, and leaving a dull ache behind.
- Haruki Murakami

Well, Mr Katagiri, I have not been frogging all these years for nothing. I keep my eye on the important things in life.
- Haruki Murakami

With the advent of winter, her eyes seemed to take on a greater transparency, a transparency that lead nowhere. Occassionally, for no particular reason, Naoko would gaze into my eyes as if searching for something. Each time I was filled with odd sensations of lonliness and inadequecy.
- Haruki Murakami

My eyes aren't special, my nose isn't special, my mouth isn't special.
- Valerie Bertinelli

I close my eyes
and I can see a better day.
I close my eyes
and pray
- Justin Bieber

I've got my eye on a few things to spend my money on. I've got my own bank card but I am really good with money. I don't spend too much at all.
- Justin Bieber

I need to talk to you. I had a weird dream."
"Let me guess. You got tied up by lady ninjas. With big hooters."
"Uh, no." I take a sip of coffee and wince. It was ridiculously strong.
My grandfather shoves a strip of bacon in his mouth with a grin. "Guess it would have been kind of weird if we'd had the same dream."
I roll my eyes. "Well, you'd better not tell me anything else. Don't ruin the surprise in case I have it tonight.
- Holly Black

Don't." She looks directly into my eyes. After a month of being forced to avoid her, I feel stripped bare by her gaze. "You can be as much of a charming bastard as you want, but you're never going to bullshit your way into my heart again.
- Holly Black

I'm not very good at explaining things," she said. "But I think you have beautiful eyes. I love the gold in them. I love that they're different from my eyes- I see mine all the time and I'm bored with them.
- Holly Black

The problem with cell phones is that you can't slam them down into a cradle when you hang up. Your only option is to throw them, and if you do, they just skitter across the floor and crack their case. It's not satisfying at all.
I close my eyes and bend down to pick up the pieces.
- Holly Black

Jestine and I lock eyes. She's going to look away first. Even if my eyeballs have to completely dry out.
- Kendare Blake

I can move both of my eyes separately in different directions.
- Corbin Bleu

I will be thin and pure like a glass cup. Empty. Pure as light. Music. I move my hands over my body - my shoulders, my collarbone, my rib cage, my hip bones like part of an animal skull, my small thighs. In the mirror my face is pale and my eyes look bruised. My hair is pale and thin and the light comes through. I could be a lot younger than seventeen. I could be a child still, untouched.
- Francesca Lia Block

Maybe one night I'll be asleep and I'll feel a hand like a dove on my cheekbone and feel her breath cool like peppermints and when I open my eyes my mom will be there like an angle, saying in the softest voice, When you are born it is like a long, long dream. Don't try to wake up. Just go along until it is over. Don't be afraid. You may not know it all the time but I am with you. I am with you.
- Francesca Lia Block

I want him to see the flowers in my eyes and hear the songs in my hands.
- Francesca Lia Block

I had to learn to dance for 'The Adjustment Bureau' and it was nearly impossible. I turned up with my knees knocking in my leotard and went home and cried my eyes out.
- Emily Blunt

A Minor is one of my all-time favorite keys to play in. It's a very moody key, and also 'A' is the first letter of my name. It just represents the songs through my eyes.
- Alicia Keys

Thou that didst bear the key of all my counsels,
That knew'st the very bottom of my soul,
That almost mightst have coin'd me into gold...
'tis so strange,
That, though the truth of it stands off as gross
As black and white, my eye will scarcely see it.
- William Shakespeare

O Sleep, O Gentle Sleep, Natures Soft Nurse, How Have I Frightend Thee, That Thou No More Wilt Weigh my Eye-Lids Down And Steep My Senses In Forgetfulness?
- William Shakespeare

I did what most writers do at their beginnings: emulated my elders, imitated my peers, thus turning away from any possibility of discovering truths beneath my skin and behind my eye.
- Ray Bradbury

My eyes were bewildered at their freedom. Without the motives that had marked the rest of the day - to seek out the airport, the exit out of Marseilles and so on - they careered from object to object, so that if their path had been traced by the mark of a giant pencil, the sky would soon have been darkened by random and impatient patterns
- Alain De Botton

This memory, this pretty little stone, I examine it with my eyes closed tight. Turn it over in my fingers.
- Joseph Boyden

Exactly. They're stupid. Who cares?"
"I care. They bother me. And that's why I'm stupid. That makes me exponentially more stupid than stupid. I'm stupid to the power of stupid." She waved her hand. The moon blew away.
"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." I looked at her out of the corner of my eye.
- Kami Garcia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater