I think the secret to a hoppy life is a selective memory. Remember what you are most grateful for and quickly forget what your not.
- Richard Paul Evans
I learned that I never really know the true story of my guests' lives, that I have to content myself with knowing that when I'm interviewing somebody, I'm getting a combination of fact and truth and self-mythology and self-delusion and selective memory and faulty memory.
- Terry Gross
Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect; a haphazardly selective memory; a set of preconceptions and assumptions so numerous that I can never examine more than a minority of them - never become even conscious of them all.
- C S Lewis
Rarely did events play out as imagined, in any case. The order of future events was transient. In the same way that the past was reconfigured by selective memory, future events, too, were moving targets. One could only act on instinct, grab hold of an intuited perfect moment, and spring into action.
- James Luceno
We as Americans and as humans have very selective hearing and very selective memory. We only hear what we want to hear and disregard the rest.
- Frank Luntz
- Richard Paul Evans
I learned that I never really know the true story of my guests' lives, that I have to content myself with knowing that when I'm interviewing somebody, I'm getting a combination of fact and truth and self-mythology and self-delusion and selective memory and faulty memory.
- Terry Gross
Five senses; an incurably abstract intellect; a haphazardly selective memory; a set of preconceptions and assumptions so numerous that I can never examine more than a minority of them - never become even conscious of them all.
- C S Lewis
Rarely did events play out as imagined, in any case. The order of future events was transient. In the same way that the past was reconfigured by selective memory, future events, too, were moving targets. One could only act on instinct, grab hold of an intuited perfect moment, and spring into action.
- James Luceno
We as Americans and as humans have very selective hearing and very selective memory. We only hear what we want to hear and disregard the rest.
- Frank Luntz
Comments
Post a Comment