What was that thing that could make two people promise one another to spend every day of the rest of their lives together? Ah,I found it. It was a thing called love. A small simple word.
- Cecelia Ahern
It is my own language, limited as it is. I will have to learn to work with it. There was a kind of poetry I was seeking in my prose, word to be laid against word in just a certain way, a kind of word color, a march of words and sentences, the color to be squeezed out of simple words, simple sentence construction.
- Sherwood Anderson
But more importantly, know I love you more than I can say with simple words. Poets have attempted for centuries to find the perfect combination, and I don't imagine I shall have more luck than they.
- Lissa Bryan
Love." She looked at me with those blue eyes. "Isn't it astonishing how confused and complicated such a small,simple word is? It attracts so many other things, doesn't it, that stick to it like barnacles on rock...fear, guilt. Need. You can't even see the rock anymore. I imagine love in its purest form is a rare thing.
- Deb Caletti
I would have told her then she was the only thing that I could
love in this dying world but the simple word "love" itself already died and went away.
- Marilyn Monroe
I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I'll put it before any of the things like courage or bravery or generosity or anything else.
Brian Sibley: Or brains even?
Oh gosh, yes, brains is one of the least. You can be a lovely person without brains, absolutely lovely. Kindness - that simple word. To be kind - it covers everything, to my mind.
If you're kind that's it.
- Roald Dahl
And that principle can be summed up in three simple words. Thoughts become words!
- Mike Dooley
I like to use simple words, but in a complicated way.
- Carol Ann Duffy
What I intended to accomplish was to rouse the student body, not by means of an organization, but solely by my simple words; to urge them, not to violence, but to moral insight into the existing serious deficiencies of our political system.
- Kurt Huber
And where we are met with cynicism and doubt and fear and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of the American people in three simple words -yes, we can.
- Barack Obama
It was so good to be held. If only their relationship could be distilled into simple, wordless gestures of comfort. Why had humans ever learned to talk?
- J K Rowling
Just one simple word choice directed at me can throw me into a bad mood and make me believe there's tension between us. That one simple word is "die."
- Jarod Kintz
It's amazing that a thin film of plastic wrap is enough to protect food against the aggression of hungry marauders. Or maybe the plastic cover doesn't act as a shield, but rather the starving mob is staved off by one simple word: Leftovers.
- Jarod Kintz
Three simple words - freedom, justice and honesty. These sum up what the Liberal Democrats stand for.
- Charles Kennedy
What do you want in a woman, in life?'
I thought a moment...'The Rangers...we began to describe one another in a few simple words: El es muy bueno para cabalgar el rio. Meaning, 'He'll do to ride the river with.' In Texan, it means, 'I'd trust him with my life.'
I scratched my head. 'I want someone to ride the river with.
- Charles Martin
Conversation would be vastly improved by the constant use of four simple words: I do not know.
- Andre Maurois
I've not chosen to learn to read print. I can read simple words but it's so tedious.
- Mike May
Finally, he spoke the three simple words that no amount of bad art or bad faith can ever quite cheapen. She repeated them, with exactly the same slight emphasis on the second word, as though she had been the one to say them first. He had no religious belief, but it was impossible not to think of an invisible presence or witness in the room, and that these words spoken aloud were like signatures on an unseen contract.
- Ian Mcewan
There are no simple words. I don't know why I thought I could hide anything behind language.
- Patricia A Mckillip
Home. It's such a simple word, one I never knew would come to mean as much to me as it has. It once was my dad's house, then my uncle's farm. Mostly it's meant wherever Charlie and I were together. Now, though, it's you. It's your letters, your words. They're the place I go to with my fears, where I find comfort, where I feel safe.
- Kristina Mcmorris
If we are exhorted to play simple melodies with beauty rather than difficult ones with error, the same should be applied to writing; simple words greater effect.
- Sonia Rumzi
What if all everybody needed in the world was to be sure of one friend? What if you were the one, and you refused to say those simple words?
- Richard Russo
In our gradually shrinking world, everyone is in need of all the others. We must look for man wherever we can find him. When on his way to Thebes Oedipus encountered the Sphinx, his answer to its riddle was: "Man". That simple word destroyed the monster. We have many monsters to destroy. Let us think of the answer of Oedipus.
- George Seferis
Today we are afraid of simple words like goodness and mercy and kindness. We don't believe in the good old words because we don't believe in good old values anymore. And that's why the world is sick.
- Lin Yutang
- Cecelia Ahern
It is my own language, limited as it is. I will have to learn to work with it. There was a kind of poetry I was seeking in my prose, word to be laid against word in just a certain way, a kind of word color, a march of words and sentences, the color to be squeezed out of simple words, simple sentence construction.
- Sherwood Anderson
But more importantly, know I love you more than I can say with simple words. Poets have attempted for centuries to find the perfect combination, and I don't imagine I shall have more luck than they.
- Lissa Bryan
Love." She looked at me with those blue eyes. "Isn't it astonishing how confused and complicated such a small,simple word is? It attracts so many other things, doesn't it, that stick to it like barnacles on rock...fear, guilt. Need. You can't even see the rock anymore. I imagine love in its purest form is a rare thing.
- Deb Caletti
I would have told her then she was the only thing that I could
love in this dying world but the simple word "love" itself already died and went away.
- Marilyn Monroe
I think probably kindness is my number one attribute in a human being. I'll put it before any of the things like courage or bravery or generosity or anything else.
Brian Sibley: Or brains even?
Oh gosh, yes, brains is one of the least. You can be a lovely person without brains, absolutely lovely. Kindness - that simple word. To be kind - it covers everything, to my mind.
If you're kind that's it.
- Roald Dahl
And that principle can be summed up in three simple words. Thoughts become words!
- Mike Dooley
I like to use simple words, but in a complicated way.
- Carol Ann Duffy
What I intended to accomplish was to rouse the student body, not by means of an organization, but solely by my simple words; to urge them, not to violence, but to moral insight into the existing serious deficiencies of our political system.
- Kurt Huber
And where we are met with cynicism and doubt and fear and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of the American people in three simple words -yes, we can.
- Barack Obama
It was so good to be held. If only their relationship could be distilled into simple, wordless gestures of comfort. Why had humans ever learned to talk?
- J K Rowling
Just one simple word choice directed at me can throw me into a bad mood and make me believe there's tension between us. That one simple word is "die."
- Jarod Kintz
It's amazing that a thin film of plastic wrap is enough to protect food against the aggression of hungry marauders. Or maybe the plastic cover doesn't act as a shield, but rather the starving mob is staved off by one simple word: Leftovers.
- Jarod Kintz
Three simple words - freedom, justice and honesty. These sum up what the Liberal Democrats stand for.
- Charles Kennedy
What do you want in a woman, in life?'
I thought a moment...'The Rangers...we began to describe one another in a few simple words: El es muy bueno para cabalgar el rio. Meaning, 'He'll do to ride the river with.' In Texan, it means, 'I'd trust him with my life.'
I scratched my head. 'I want someone to ride the river with.
- Charles Martin
Conversation would be vastly improved by the constant use of four simple words: I do not know.
- Andre Maurois
I've not chosen to learn to read print. I can read simple words but it's so tedious.
- Mike May
Finally, he spoke the three simple words that no amount of bad art or bad faith can ever quite cheapen. She repeated them, with exactly the same slight emphasis on the second word, as though she had been the one to say them first. He had no religious belief, but it was impossible not to think of an invisible presence or witness in the room, and that these words spoken aloud were like signatures on an unseen contract.
- Ian Mcewan
There are no simple words. I don't know why I thought I could hide anything behind language.
- Patricia A Mckillip
Home. It's such a simple word, one I never knew would come to mean as much to me as it has. It once was my dad's house, then my uncle's farm. Mostly it's meant wherever Charlie and I were together. Now, though, it's you. It's your letters, your words. They're the place I go to with my fears, where I find comfort, where I feel safe.
- Kristina Mcmorris
If we are exhorted to play simple melodies with beauty rather than difficult ones with error, the same should be applied to writing; simple words greater effect.
- Sonia Rumzi
What if all everybody needed in the world was to be sure of one friend? What if you were the one, and you refused to say those simple words?
- Richard Russo
In our gradually shrinking world, everyone is in need of all the others. We must look for man wherever we can find him. When on his way to Thebes Oedipus encountered the Sphinx, his answer to its riddle was: "Man". That simple word destroyed the monster. We have many monsters to destroy. Let us think of the answer of Oedipus.
- George Seferis
Today we are afraid of simple words like goodness and mercy and kindness. We don't believe in the good old words because we don't believe in good old values anymore. And that's why the world is sick.
- Lin Yutang
Comments
Post a Comment