"TOM!"
No answer.
"TOM!"
No answer.
"What's gone with that boy, I wonder? You TOM!"
No answer.
The old lady pulled her spectacles down and looked over them about the room; then she put them up and looked out under them. She seldom or never looked THROUGH them for so small a thing as a boy; they were her state pair, the pride of her heart, and were built for "style," not service-- she could have seen through a pair of stove-lids just as well.
- Mark Twain
Give that boy a cookie!"
Now really wasn't the time to think about food. And where was she keeping them? In her pockets? They'd be all crumbled.
"I don't want one. Thank you."
Eyebrows raised, she wrinkled her nose - I must have insulted her by not accepting her offer.
- Jus Accardo
We stood there, the three of us, our jaws firmly planted on the floor. Aunt Lil recovered first. She nudged me with her elbow and said with a cackle of delight, I think you guys should make some more of those brownies, 'cause that boy looks hungry.
- Darynda Jones
That boy needs a hobby."
"Stalking is a hobby."
"So is serial killing.
- Darynda Jones
D'Artagnan looked his friend earnestly in the face. "You know one
thing," continued the comte, leaning upon the arm of the captain; "you
know that in the course of my life I have been afraid of but few things.
Well! I have an incessant gnawing, insurmountable fear that an hour will
come in which I shall hold the dead body of that boy in my arms.
- Alexandre Dumas
It didn't help matters that I was shy and wore glasses. I was never one to stand out in the crowd. I liked to stay in corners. And I was happiest when I was alone reading. That and the good grades I got in school had doomed any chance of being popular with my peers. So it was a foregone conclusion that boys like Hardy were never going to take notice of me.
- Lisa Kleypas
Judge that boy if you must; for debauchery, for objectifying innocence... but before you finalize your verdict, oh innocent reader, I beg you to scan again that last stanza. What you and I overlooked in our cloud of perversion and nasty objectification was the unrestrained joy of a little girl playing dress-up for the very first time.
- Jake Vander Ark
Alexander at the head of the world never tasted the true pleasure that boys of his own age have enjoyed at the head of a school.
- Horace Walpole
When you put your trust in your dad, he will feel the responsibility of that trust and try harder than ever to understand and to help. As your father, he is entitled to inspiration on your behalf. His advice to you will be the heartfelt expressions of someone who knows and loves you. Your dad wants more than anything for you to be happy and successful, so why would you not want to trust someone like that? Boys, trust your dad.
- M Russell Ballard
Think, bud. Fierce immortal who likes to gamble in Sin's casino, wear tacky shirts, and watch anime." Zarek
"Old Bear?" Sundown
"Give that boy a biscuit. He finally got it." Zarek
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
You might wanna rethink that, boy. 'Cause if I'm going to get sued for offensively touching you, I'm going to make it worth my while.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
All right. I will be a man about this...I'm so sorry Bets. I should have hidden the keys. Booted your tires. Something. I had no idea anyone would abuse you so, baby. I swear I'll never let anyone hurt you again. Ayyy, how could they do this to you? How? Oh the humanity!" Andy
"I really need to get that boy a girlfriend- or at least laid." Sundown
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Double-knotted to a bedpost, not that it's any of your business. That boy was always too trusting for his own good. You'd think by now he'd know better. But no. He's got to be stupid. Personally, I'd tie the bitch up, muzzle her, and ride her around the room with spurs on, but no one ever asks my opinion, do they? No. What do I know? I'm only omniscient. (Savitar)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Ash sarcastically rang an invisible bell with his hand. Ding, ding, ding. Give that boy a tropphy.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Some day, his mind said, that boy would know what things were in the books and what things were not.
- John Steinbeck
To people who remember JFK's assassination, JFK Jr. will probably always be that boy saluting his father's coffin.
- Michael Beschloss
I've been through hell in this life, yet risen up and survived.
I felt pity after heard that boy's preaching about motivation.
- Toba Beta
The fact that boys are allowed to exist at all is evidence of a remarkable Christian forbearance among men.
- Ambrose Bierce
Don't you know that boys don't cry?' Adam grinned.
'Shall I tell you something I've only recently discovered,' I replied, not attempting to hide the tears rolling down my face and not the least bit ashamed of them. 'Boys don't cry, but real men do.
- Malorie Blackman
In the middle of a play, I go crazy and don't realize what I'm doing. I'll snap back to reality and I realize, 'Hey, I just ripped that boy's helmet off,' or, 'I'm over here twisting this guy's knee.
- Brian Bosworth
What? Is that boy crazy?"
"Most young men his age are somewhat crazy, I think," Sazed said with a smile. "However, this is hardly unexpected. Haven't you noticed how he stares at you when you enter a room?"
"I thought he was just creepy.
- Brandon Sanderson
Boys are usually forbidden to have any contact with the Hunters. The last one to see this camp..." She looked at Zoe. "Which one was it?"
That boy in Colorado," Zoe said. "You turned him into a jackalope."
Ah, yes." Artemis nodded, satisfied. "I enjoy making jackalopes...
- Rick Riordan
I thought she'd make some comment about the bloodthirsty gods chasing us, but when she finally found her voice, she said, "That boy kissed you!"
Leave it to Liz to have her priorities straight.
- Rick Riordan
What about King Tut's tomb?" I protested.
"That boy king?" Zia rolled her eyes. "Boring. You should see some of the good tombs.
- Rick Riordan
You must forgive my Hunters if they do not welcome you," Artemis said. "It is very rare that we would have boys in this camp. Boys are usually forbidden to have any contact with the Hunters. The last one to see this camp..." She looked at Zoe. "Which one was it?"
That boy in Colorado," Zoe said. "You turned him into a jackalope."
Ah, yes." Artemis nodded, satisfied. "I enjoy making jackalopes.
- Rick Riordan
And how different her face looked the first time she really liked a boy who was not on a poster on her wall. And how her face looked when she realized she was in love with that boy.
- Stephen Chbosky
That boy is still here...He's just waiting for that girl to come back
- J X Burros
That boy made me realize, for a while at least, that my parents were wrong, and I didn't have to be like them.
- J X Burros
I'm a sort of boy next door. If that boy has a good scriptwriter.
- Michael Caine
Too bad,Elizabeth. You're Stuck with me.Not for a few decades,not for centuries. You're tied to me forever. That boy and girl offspring you talked off? They'll come from me--or no one.
- Kresley Cole
Either that boy is the sanest creature on Earth, he thought, or he is so disturbed that our tests cannot even begin to scratch the surface.
- Eoin Colfer
Lex froze. "What boy?"
"That boy I saw you with, before you came up to ring the bell. The windows of this house are fully functional, you know."
Lex didn't even bother with a lie this time. "His name is Driggs. He's my partner."
"Ah, partner. How very Law and Order."
"Shut up, that's just how it works."
"I see. And have you two had a romp in the hay yet, or would that upset Mr. Frizzle the rooster?
- Gina Damico
The things I would do to that boy. I mean, not now that I know you're interested in him. But, oh, sweet holy Lord, I would ride that one-legged pony all the way around the corral."
"Kaitlyn," I said.
"Sorry. Do you think you'd have to be on top?"
"Kaitlyn," I said.
- John Green
It took me a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints and forty minutes to get over that boy.
- John Green
I swear that boy can't function without you, not even at lunch.
- Kimberly Derting
I do not know what it was about that boy but just looking at him, even I wanted to clout him on the head. It was a head that invited violence.
- Patrick Dewitt
You still know that boy. He was very angry at fourteen, fifteen, in summer and winter, at home or in the world. So angry that his face contorted in photos. The camera was a question and his face did not know the answer.
- Dave Eggers
Love. Is it just a word that boys use to manipulate girls?
- Simone Elkeles
And here I am, instead of there. I'm sitting in this library, thousands of miles from my life, writing another letter I know I won't be able to send, no matter how hard I try and how much I want to. How did that boy making love behind that shed become this man writing this letter at this table?
- Jonathan Safran Foer
I just figured something out. The difference in each of they're smiles. Ian has that boyish sweet smile that says I'm dangerous, but good. Pike's smile says I'm all bad boy but I want to show you I can be good. And Kin is all devil smile with a hint of secret ambition behind every lip curve. Jane Austen doesn't know everything!
- Cyndi Goodgame
Gods cracked, Freyrk, they would have raped me!" He surged forward so suddenly Freyrk flinched and tripped away. "And no, I did not incite or invite their attentions. It is your people who paint me like a harlot and parade me round half-naked, your people who find it amusing to use my brethren like toys, your people who teach their children such high art of disrespect that boys think rape a pleasant way to pass an afternoon!
- Rachel Haimowitz
That boy may have been born on third base but he sure as shit ain't scored a triple.
- Sarah Hall
Nice tree, he says.
That boy has unexpected depth.
- Cynthia Hand
Every time that boy smiles, somewhere a puppy died.
- Gwen Hayes
And that boys," yelled Mr. Weasley over the tumult of the crowd below,"is why you should never go for looks alone!
- J K Rowling
Sword? Haven't got a sword. That boy has, though. He'll lend you one.
- J K Rowling
Between the ages of fourteen and twenty-four, foreplay changes from being something that boys want to do and girls don't, to something that women want and men can't be bothered with.... The perfect match, if you ask me, is between the Cosmo woman and the fourteen-year old boy.
- Nick Hornby
He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It's his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.
- Markus Zusak
When high school girls like us freak out, people are always able to overpower us before we do something stupid, like hijacking a bus or running around with a knife. Which is why girls arm themselves beforehand so they don't get caught up in something like that. Boys probably aren't so good at protecting themselves.
- Natsuo Kirino
When Alex left for Alaska," Franz remembers, "I prayed. I asked God to keep his finger on the shoulder of that one; I told him that boy was special. But he let Alex die. So on December 26, when I learned what happened, I renounced the Lord. I withdrew my church membership and became an atheist. I decided I couldn't believe in a God who would let something that terrible happen to a boy like Alex.
- Jon Krakauer
That boy is your company. And if he wants to eat up that tablecloth, you let him, you hear?
- Harper Lee
There's some folks who don't eat like us," she whispered fiercely, "but you ain't called on to contradict 'em at the table when they don't. That boy's yo' comp'ny and if he wants to eat up the table cloth you let him, you hear?
- Harper Lee
Shit,' Vina scoffed. 'That boy is every woman's type. I could rent him out to the Mormons so they don't have to electrocute their lesbos anymore.
- Aimee Love
There are times when I swear that boy is as mature as an old man, and other times when he hasn't got the sense of a three-year-old babe. (Mavis)
Good Lord, Mavis. He is a grown man after all! (Alice)
- Kinley Macgregor
He has no talent at all, that boy! You, who are his friend, tell him, please, to give up painting.
--Manet to Monet, on Renoir---
- Edouard Manet
Watch that boy. He's going to startle somebody someday.
- Daphne Du Maurier
It is said that boys fall in love with their eyes, because they can be initially struck to their very core by a girl's mere physical beauty, while girls tend to fall in love with their ears. The outward handsomeness of the lad notwithstanding, a girl most of all likes to hear words of love everlasting, of how he will be kind and gentle with her and protect her from harm and want to always hold her in the highest respect and esteem.
- L A Meyer
You've changed me, she thought. Not just showing me that boys aren't all pond scum. You've made me different, made me look at the broader picture. Given me vision.
- L J Smith
When you put your trust in your dad, he will feel the responsibility of that trust and try harder than ever to understand and to help. As your father, he is entitled to inspiration on your behalf. His advice to you will be the heartfelt expressions of someone who knows and loves you. Your dad wants more than anything for you to be happy and successful, so why would you not want to trust someone like that? Boys, trust your dad.
- Dallin H Oaks
The idea that boys want to sleep with their mothers strikes most men as the silliest thing they have ever heard. Obviously, it did not seem so to Freud, who wrote that as a boy he once had an erotic reaction to watching his mother dressing. But Freud had a wet-nurse, and may not have experienced the early intimacy that would have tipped off his perceptual system that Mrs. Freud was his mother. The Westermarck theory has out-Freuded Freud.
- Steven Pinker
The black groups that boycott certain films would do better to get the money together to make the films they want to see, or stay in church and leave us to our work.
- Richard Pryor
People always blame the girl; she should have said no. A monosyllable, but conventional wisdom has always been that boys can't manage it.
- Anna Quindlen
Be careful of him Dai, whether you agree with me or not that boy is a time bomb just waiting to explode, and when he does he's going hit everyone in his way including you... or especially you.-- Benjirou Uie warning Dai about Kane from Game Boys
- Rochelle H Ragnarok
It is unconscionable that 10,000 boys have died in Vietnam. If 10,000 American women had mind enough they could end the war, if they were committed to the task, even if it meant going to jail.
- Jeanette Rankin
My cousin Georgia says that boys are like gazelles. She says the get alarmed when they get close to girls. And they have to leap off into the woods like gazelles in trousers. Or have I just made that up?
- Louise Rennison
The one thing I've always liked about that boy. As much as I hate his body language screaming he owns you, with him next to you ain't no one gonna mess with my little girl.It may as well be written on his chest in neon lights.
- Elizabeth Reyes
No, Elenore's something else. You're beautiful. Especially when you look at me with that 'boy he's a condescending asshole' expression....Yea. Beautiful.
- Maggie Stiefvater
I hate those men who would send into war youth to fight and die for them; the pride and cowardice of those old men, making their wars that boys must die.
- Mary Roberts Rinehart
I take back everything I ever said about that boy being clever." He turned around to face the bar while leveling an accusatory finger at the closed door. "That," he said firmly to the room in general, "is what comes of working with iron every day.
- Patrick Rothfuss
He ain't big and he ain't strong, but that boy's got a by-God streak of fight in him. And he was going to need it.
- Mary Doria Russell
Now I had babies confuse before. John Green Dudley, first word out a that boy's mouth was Mama and he was looking straight at me. But then pretty soon he calling everybody including hisself Mama and calling his daddy Mama too... Nobody worry bout it. Course when he start playing dress-up in his sister's Jewel Taylor twirl skirts and wearing Chanel No. 5, we all get a little concern.
- Kathryn Stockett
The dilemma of the eighth-grade dance is that boys and girls use music in different ways. Girls enjoy music they can dance to, music with strong vocals and catchy melodies. Boys, on the other hand, enjoy music they can improve by making up filthy new lyrics.
- Rob Sheffield
That boy hardly needed a mask when his naked face was already impenetrable.
- Lionel Shriver
It's always the mother's fault, ain't it?" she said softly, collecting her coat. "That boy turn out bad cause his mama a drunk, or she a junkie. She let him run wild, she don't teach him right from wrong. She never home when he back from school. Nobody ever say his daddy a drunk, or his daddy not home after school. And nobody ever say they some kids just damned mean...
- Lionel Shriver
But what truly horsey girls discover in the end is that boyfriends, husbands, children, and careers are the substitute-for horses
- Jane Smiley
I'm concerned that boys have become politically incorrect, that we are a society in the process of turning against its male children.
- Christina Hoff Sommers
Not, like, that, boychik, you sound like a herd of elephants charging through a music store.
- Jordan Sonnenblick
Ruth believes that boys are not found around stables because what they like is taking things apart and putting them together again, and for this purpose horses are not so satisfactory as cars, motorcycles, and even bicycles, while girls adore horses because they are biological and have functions.
- Wallace Stegner
If you're the girl that needs a boyfriend, and once she loses that boyfriend needs to replace it with a different boyfriend, it's just this constant stream of boyfriends all the time. I don't feel like I ever want to be that girl. I want to be the girl that when she falls in love, it's a big deal and it's a rare thing.
- Taylor Swift
Keep an eye on that boy... he has potential, Dr Nero.
- Mark Walden
I think you need to go find that boy and tell him how you feel about him. Then you need to ride him like a tilt-o-whirl.
- Jaye Wells
No answer.
"TOM!"
No answer.
"What's gone with that boy, I wonder? You TOM!"
No answer.
The old lady pulled her spectacles down and looked over them about the room; then she put them up and looked out under them. She seldom or never looked THROUGH them for so small a thing as a boy; they were her state pair, the pride of her heart, and were built for "style," not service-- she could have seen through a pair of stove-lids just as well.
- Mark Twain
Give that boy a cookie!"
Now really wasn't the time to think about food. And where was she keeping them? In her pockets? They'd be all crumbled.
"I don't want one. Thank you."
Eyebrows raised, she wrinkled her nose - I must have insulted her by not accepting her offer.
- Jus Accardo
We stood there, the three of us, our jaws firmly planted on the floor. Aunt Lil recovered first. She nudged me with her elbow and said with a cackle of delight, I think you guys should make some more of those brownies, 'cause that boy looks hungry.
- Darynda Jones
That boy needs a hobby."
"Stalking is a hobby."
"So is serial killing.
- Darynda Jones
D'Artagnan looked his friend earnestly in the face. "You know one
thing," continued the comte, leaning upon the arm of the captain; "you
know that in the course of my life I have been afraid of but few things.
Well! I have an incessant gnawing, insurmountable fear that an hour will
come in which I shall hold the dead body of that boy in my arms.
- Alexandre Dumas
It didn't help matters that I was shy and wore glasses. I was never one to stand out in the crowd. I liked to stay in corners. And I was happiest when I was alone reading. That and the good grades I got in school had doomed any chance of being popular with my peers. So it was a foregone conclusion that boys like Hardy were never going to take notice of me.
- Lisa Kleypas
Judge that boy if you must; for debauchery, for objectifying innocence... but before you finalize your verdict, oh innocent reader, I beg you to scan again that last stanza. What you and I overlooked in our cloud of perversion and nasty objectification was the unrestrained joy of a little girl playing dress-up for the very first time.
- Jake Vander Ark
Alexander at the head of the world never tasted the true pleasure that boys of his own age have enjoyed at the head of a school.
- Horace Walpole
When you put your trust in your dad, he will feel the responsibility of that trust and try harder than ever to understand and to help. As your father, he is entitled to inspiration on your behalf. His advice to you will be the heartfelt expressions of someone who knows and loves you. Your dad wants more than anything for you to be happy and successful, so why would you not want to trust someone like that? Boys, trust your dad.
- M Russell Ballard
Think, bud. Fierce immortal who likes to gamble in Sin's casino, wear tacky shirts, and watch anime." Zarek
"Old Bear?" Sundown
"Give that boy a biscuit. He finally got it." Zarek
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
You might wanna rethink that, boy. 'Cause if I'm going to get sued for offensively touching you, I'm going to make it worth my while.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
All right. I will be a man about this...I'm so sorry Bets. I should have hidden the keys. Booted your tires. Something. I had no idea anyone would abuse you so, baby. I swear I'll never let anyone hurt you again. Ayyy, how could they do this to you? How? Oh the humanity!" Andy
"I really need to get that boy a girlfriend- or at least laid." Sundown
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Double-knotted to a bedpost, not that it's any of your business. That boy was always too trusting for his own good. You'd think by now he'd know better. But no. He's got to be stupid. Personally, I'd tie the bitch up, muzzle her, and ride her around the room with spurs on, but no one ever asks my opinion, do they? No. What do I know? I'm only omniscient. (Savitar)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Ash sarcastically rang an invisible bell with his hand. Ding, ding, ding. Give that boy a tropphy.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Some day, his mind said, that boy would know what things were in the books and what things were not.
- John Steinbeck
To people who remember JFK's assassination, JFK Jr. will probably always be that boy saluting his father's coffin.
- Michael Beschloss
I've been through hell in this life, yet risen up and survived.
I felt pity after heard that boy's preaching about motivation.
- Toba Beta
The fact that boys are allowed to exist at all is evidence of a remarkable Christian forbearance among men.
- Ambrose Bierce
Don't you know that boys don't cry?' Adam grinned.
'Shall I tell you something I've only recently discovered,' I replied, not attempting to hide the tears rolling down my face and not the least bit ashamed of them. 'Boys don't cry, but real men do.
- Malorie Blackman
In the middle of a play, I go crazy and don't realize what I'm doing. I'll snap back to reality and I realize, 'Hey, I just ripped that boy's helmet off,' or, 'I'm over here twisting this guy's knee.
- Brian Bosworth
What? Is that boy crazy?"
"Most young men his age are somewhat crazy, I think," Sazed said with a smile. "However, this is hardly unexpected. Haven't you noticed how he stares at you when you enter a room?"
"I thought he was just creepy.
- Brandon Sanderson
Boys are usually forbidden to have any contact with the Hunters. The last one to see this camp..." She looked at Zoe. "Which one was it?"
That boy in Colorado," Zoe said. "You turned him into a jackalope."
Ah, yes." Artemis nodded, satisfied. "I enjoy making jackalopes...
- Rick Riordan
I thought she'd make some comment about the bloodthirsty gods chasing us, but when she finally found her voice, she said, "That boy kissed you!"
Leave it to Liz to have her priorities straight.
- Rick Riordan
What about King Tut's tomb?" I protested.
"That boy king?" Zia rolled her eyes. "Boring. You should see some of the good tombs.
- Rick Riordan
You must forgive my Hunters if they do not welcome you," Artemis said. "It is very rare that we would have boys in this camp. Boys are usually forbidden to have any contact with the Hunters. The last one to see this camp..." She looked at Zoe. "Which one was it?"
That boy in Colorado," Zoe said. "You turned him into a jackalope."
Ah, yes." Artemis nodded, satisfied. "I enjoy making jackalopes.
- Rick Riordan
And how different her face looked the first time she really liked a boy who was not on a poster on her wall. And how her face looked when she realized she was in love with that boy.
- Stephen Chbosky
That boy is still here...He's just waiting for that girl to come back
- J X Burros
That boy made me realize, for a while at least, that my parents were wrong, and I didn't have to be like them.
- J X Burros
I'm a sort of boy next door. If that boy has a good scriptwriter.
- Michael Caine
Too bad,Elizabeth. You're Stuck with me.Not for a few decades,not for centuries. You're tied to me forever. That boy and girl offspring you talked off? They'll come from me--or no one.
- Kresley Cole
Either that boy is the sanest creature on Earth, he thought, or he is so disturbed that our tests cannot even begin to scratch the surface.
- Eoin Colfer
Lex froze. "What boy?"
"That boy I saw you with, before you came up to ring the bell. The windows of this house are fully functional, you know."
Lex didn't even bother with a lie this time. "His name is Driggs. He's my partner."
"Ah, partner. How very Law and Order."
"Shut up, that's just how it works."
"I see. And have you two had a romp in the hay yet, or would that upset Mr. Frizzle the rooster?
- Gina Damico
The things I would do to that boy. I mean, not now that I know you're interested in him. But, oh, sweet holy Lord, I would ride that one-legged pony all the way around the corral."
"Kaitlyn," I said.
"Sorry. Do you think you'd have to be on top?"
"Kaitlyn," I said.
- John Green
It took me a sleeve of Girl Scout Thin Mints and forty minutes to get over that boy.
- John Green
I swear that boy can't function without you, not even at lunch.
- Kimberly Derting
I do not know what it was about that boy but just looking at him, even I wanted to clout him on the head. It was a head that invited violence.
- Patrick Dewitt
You still know that boy. He was very angry at fourteen, fifteen, in summer and winter, at home or in the world. So angry that his face contorted in photos. The camera was a question and his face did not know the answer.
- Dave Eggers
Love. Is it just a word that boys use to manipulate girls?
- Simone Elkeles
And here I am, instead of there. I'm sitting in this library, thousands of miles from my life, writing another letter I know I won't be able to send, no matter how hard I try and how much I want to. How did that boy making love behind that shed become this man writing this letter at this table?
- Jonathan Safran Foer
I just figured something out. The difference in each of they're smiles. Ian has that boyish sweet smile that says I'm dangerous, but good. Pike's smile says I'm all bad boy but I want to show you I can be good. And Kin is all devil smile with a hint of secret ambition behind every lip curve. Jane Austen doesn't know everything!
- Cyndi Goodgame
Gods cracked, Freyrk, they would have raped me!" He surged forward so suddenly Freyrk flinched and tripped away. "And no, I did not incite or invite their attentions. It is your people who paint me like a harlot and parade me round half-naked, your people who find it amusing to use my brethren like toys, your people who teach their children such high art of disrespect that boys think rape a pleasant way to pass an afternoon!
- Rachel Haimowitz
That boy may have been born on third base but he sure as shit ain't scored a triple.
- Sarah Hall
Nice tree, he says.
That boy has unexpected depth.
- Cynthia Hand
Every time that boy smiles, somewhere a puppy died.
- Gwen Hayes
And that boys," yelled Mr. Weasley over the tumult of the crowd below,"is why you should never go for looks alone!
- J K Rowling
Sword? Haven't got a sword. That boy has, though. He'll lend you one.
- J K Rowling
Between the ages of fourteen and twenty-four, foreplay changes from being something that boys want to do and girls don't, to something that women want and men can't be bothered with.... The perfect match, if you ask me, is between the Cosmo woman and the fourteen-year old boy.
- Nick Hornby
He does something to me, that boy. Every time. It's his only detriment. He steps on my heart. He makes me cry.
- Markus Zusak
When high school girls like us freak out, people are always able to overpower us before we do something stupid, like hijacking a bus or running around with a knife. Which is why girls arm themselves beforehand so they don't get caught up in something like that. Boys probably aren't so good at protecting themselves.
- Natsuo Kirino
When Alex left for Alaska," Franz remembers, "I prayed. I asked God to keep his finger on the shoulder of that one; I told him that boy was special. But he let Alex die. So on December 26, when I learned what happened, I renounced the Lord. I withdrew my church membership and became an atheist. I decided I couldn't believe in a God who would let something that terrible happen to a boy like Alex.
- Jon Krakauer
That boy is your company. And if he wants to eat up that tablecloth, you let him, you hear?
- Harper Lee
There's some folks who don't eat like us," she whispered fiercely, "but you ain't called on to contradict 'em at the table when they don't. That boy's yo' comp'ny and if he wants to eat up the table cloth you let him, you hear?
- Harper Lee
Shit,' Vina scoffed. 'That boy is every woman's type. I could rent him out to the Mormons so they don't have to electrocute their lesbos anymore.
- Aimee Love
There are times when I swear that boy is as mature as an old man, and other times when he hasn't got the sense of a three-year-old babe. (Mavis)
Good Lord, Mavis. He is a grown man after all! (Alice)
- Kinley Macgregor
He has no talent at all, that boy! You, who are his friend, tell him, please, to give up painting.
--Manet to Monet, on Renoir---
- Edouard Manet
Watch that boy. He's going to startle somebody someday.
- Daphne Du Maurier
It is said that boys fall in love with their eyes, because they can be initially struck to their very core by a girl's mere physical beauty, while girls tend to fall in love with their ears. The outward handsomeness of the lad notwithstanding, a girl most of all likes to hear words of love everlasting, of how he will be kind and gentle with her and protect her from harm and want to always hold her in the highest respect and esteem.
- L A Meyer
You've changed me, she thought. Not just showing me that boys aren't all pond scum. You've made me different, made me look at the broader picture. Given me vision.
- L J Smith
When you put your trust in your dad, he will feel the responsibility of that trust and try harder than ever to understand and to help. As your father, he is entitled to inspiration on your behalf. His advice to you will be the heartfelt expressions of someone who knows and loves you. Your dad wants more than anything for you to be happy and successful, so why would you not want to trust someone like that? Boys, trust your dad.
- Dallin H Oaks
The idea that boys want to sleep with their mothers strikes most men as the silliest thing they have ever heard. Obviously, it did not seem so to Freud, who wrote that as a boy he once had an erotic reaction to watching his mother dressing. But Freud had a wet-nurse, and may not have experienced the early intimacy that would have tipped off his perceptual system that Mrs. Freud was his mother. The Westermarck theory has out-Freuded Freud.
- Steven Pinker
The black groups that boycott certain films would do better to get the money together to make the films they want to see, or stay in church and leave us to our work.
- Richard Pryor
People always blame the girl; she should have said no. A monosyllable, but conventional wisdom has always been that boys can't manage it.
- Anna Quindlen
Be careful of him Dai, whether you agree with me or not that boy is a time bomb just waiting to explode, and when he does he's going hit everyone in his way including you... or especially you.-- Benjirou Uie warning Dai about Kane from Game Boys
- Rochelle H Ragnarok
It is unconscionable that 10,000 boys have died in Vietnam. If 10,000 American women had mind enough they could end the war, if they were committed to the task, even if it meant going to jail.
- Jeanette Rankin
My cousin Georgia says that boys are like gazelles. She says the get alarmed when they get close to girls. And they have to leap off into the woods like gazelles in trousers. Or have I just made that up?
- Louise Rennison
The one thing I've always liked about that boy. As much as I hate his body language screaming he owns you, with him next to you ain't no one gonna mess with my little girl.It may as well be written on his chest in neon lights.
- Elizabeth Reyes
No, Elenore's something else. You're beautiful. Especially when you look at me with that 'boy he's a condescending asshole' expression....Yea. Beautiful.
- Maggie Stiefvater
I hate those men who would send into war youth to fight and die for them; the pride and cowardice of those old men, making their wars that boys must die.
- Mary Roberts Rinehart
I take back everything I ever said about that boy being clever." He turned around to face the bar while leveling an accusatory finger at the closed door. "That," he said firmly to the room in general, "is what comes of working with iron every day.
- Patrick Rothfuss
He ain't big and he ain't strong, but that boy's got a by-God streak of fight in him. And he was going to need it.
- Mary Doria Russell
Now I had babies confuse before. John Green Dudley, first word out a that boy's mouth was Mama and he was looking straight at me. But then pretty soon he calling everybody including hisself Mama and calling his daddy Mama too... Nobody worry bout it. Course when he start playing dress-up in his sister's Jewel Taylor twirl skirts and wearing Chanel No. 5, we all get a little concern.
- Kathryn Stockett
The dilemma of the eighth-grade dance is that boys and girls use music in different ways. Girls enjoy music they can dance to, music with strong vocals and catchy melodies. Boys, on the other hand, enjoy music they can improve by making up filthy new lyrics.
- Rob Sheffield
That boy hardly needed a mask when his naked face was already impenetrable.
- Lionel Shriver
It's always the mother's fault, ain't it?" she said softly, collecting her coat. "That boy turn out bad cause his mama a drunk, or she a junkie. She let him run wild, she don't teach him right from wrong. She never home when he back from school. Nobody ever say his daddy a drunk, or his daddy not home after school. And nobody ever say they some kids just damned mean...
- Lionel Shriver
But what truly horsey girls discover in the end is that boyfriends, husbands, children, and careers are the substitute-for horses
- Jane Smiley
I'm concerned that boys have become politically incorrect, that we are a society in the process of turning against its male children.
- Christina Hoff Sommers
Not, like, that, boychik, you sound like a herd of elephants charging through a music store.
- Jordan Sonnenblick
Ruth believes that boys are not found around stables because what they like is taking things apart and putting them together again, and for this purpose horses are not so satisfactory as cars, motorcycles, and even bicycles, while girls adore horses because they are biological and have functions.
- Wallace Stegner
If you're the girl that needs a boyfriend, and once she loses that boyfriend needs to replace it with a different boyfriend, it's just this constant stream of boyfriends all the time. I don't feel like I ever want to be that girl. I want to be the girl that when she falls in love, it's a big deal and it's a rare thing.
- Taylor Swift
Keep an eye on that boy... he has potential, Dr Nero.
- Mark Walden
I think you need to go find that boy and tell him how you feel about him. Then you need to ride him like a tilt-o-whirl.
- Jaye Wells
Comments
Post a Comment