To learn is to be young, however old.
- Aeschylus
I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the word begin to move around. Stressed accents begin to invert. The word abandons its meaning like an overload which is too heavy and prevents dreaming. Then words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young. And the words wander away, looking in the nooks and crannies of vocabulary for new company, bad company.
- Gaston Bachelard
We seem to be young, in a very old Galaxy. We're like kids tiptoeing through a ruined mansion.
- Stephen Baxter
I just want to be young and fun and you know I think people should all wear yellow shoes.
- Justin Bieber
To be young is the only religion.
- Charles Bukowski
Dear child, I only did to you
what the sparrow
did to you; I am old when it is
fashionable to be young; I cry when it is
fashionable to laugh.
I hated you when it would have taken less courage to love.
- Charles Bukowski
A woman past forty should make up her mind to be young; not her face.
- Billie Burke
I am perhaps the oldest musician in the world. I am an old man but in many senses a very young man. And this is what I want you to be, young, young all your life, and to say things to the world that are true.
- Pablo Casals
Don't try too hard to be young. Be who you are.
- Tony Danza
We live in an age when to be young and to be indifferent can be no longer synonymous. We must prepare for the coming hour. The claims of the Future are represented by suffering millions; and the Youth of a Nation are the trustees of Posterity.
- Benjamin Disraeli
It's terrible to be young. It's terrible. Terrible
- William Faulkner
Edith who had still not fully recovered from the debauchery at the Hayeses' had glaced at the letter before dinner but she apparently lacked the energy to pry. "Oh to be young as you " was all she'd said before going to bed early.
- Anna Godbersen
When I was Younger, I wanted to be something.Now, I just want to be younger.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt
Oh, to be young. To still be one's own hero.
- David Guterson
No, what I should really like to do right now, in the full blaze of lights, before this illustrious assembly, is to shower every one of you with gifts, with flowers, with offerings of poetry - to be young once more, to ride on the crest of the wave.
- Knut Hamsun
Oh, to be young and to feel loves keen sting
- J K Rowling
Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.
- J K Rowling
My father was a great example of a strong and good man and Christian man, and my mother taught all my six sisters how to be young ladies and mothers and how to take care of your family. And so I think they were - they still are - great examples for all of us to their kids and to the world, too.
- Magic Johnson
I still remember her meandering Mississippi kiss. I sipped it like a riverboat captain in the desert. Ah, to be young and naughtily nautical.
- Jarod Kintz
It was a wonderful time to be young. The 1960s didn't end until about 1976. We all believed in Make Love, Not War. We were idealistic innocents, despite the drugs and sex.
- Margot Kidder
I warn you not to be ordinary, I warn you not to be young, I warn you not to fall ill, and I warn you not to grow old.
- Neil Kinnock
Man always kills the thing he loves, and so we the pioneers have killed our wilderness. Some say we had to. Be that as it may, I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?
- Aldo Leopold
It is better to be young in your failures than old in your successes.
- Flannery Oconnor
No wise man ever wished to be younger.
- Jonathan Swift
You have to be young to be able to do things like that. Now I'm more cautious. I'm proud that I was able to do what I did - psychologically it was a great wall to climb - but sometimes I regret it.
- Mathias Rust
In a way, it is beautiful to be young and hard up. With the right wife, and I had her, deprivation became a game.
- Wallace Stegner
It's a pleasant thing to be young, and have ten toes.
- Robert Louis Stevenson
People forget what it was like to be young, the stuff I'm expressing now is for the first time.
- Joss Stone
Life goes on and on after one's luck has run out. Youthfulness persists, alas, long after one has ceased to be young.
- Glenway Wescott
Those who cry to be young again should think twice before they seal those prayers.
- Laura Whitcomb
I hope to find the roles that are age appropriate but not yearning to be younger, or parenting ad nauseam.
- Debra Winger
Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven.
- William Wordsworth
- Aeschylus
I am a dreamer of words, of written words. I think I am reading; a word stops me. I leave the page. The syllables of the word begin to move around. Stressed accents begin to invert. The word abandons its meaning like an overload which is too heavy and prevents dreaming. Then words take on other meanings as if they had the right to be young. And the words wander away, looking in the nooks and crannies of vocabulary for new company, bad company.
- Gaston Bachelard
We seem to be young, in a very old Galaxy. We're like kids tiptoeing through a ruined mansion.
- Stephen Baxter
I just want to be young and fun and you know I think people should all wear yellow shoes.
- Justin Bieber
To be young is the only religion.
- Charles Bukowski
Dear child, I only did to you
what the sparrow
did to you; I am old when it is
fashionable to be young; I cry when it is
fashionable to laugh.
I hated you when it would have taken less courage to love.
- Charles Bukowski
A woman past forty should make up her mind to be young; not her face.
- Billie Burke
I am perhaps the oldest musician in the world. I am an old man but in many senses a very young man. And this is what I want you to be, young, young all your life, and to say things to the world that are true.
- Pablo Casals
Don't try too hard to be young. Be who you are.
- Tony Danza
We live in an age when to be young and to be indifferent can be no longer synonymous. We must prepare for the coming hour. The claims of the Future are represented by suffering millions; and the Youth of a Nation are the trustees of Posterity.
- Benjamin Disraeli
It's terrible to be young. It's terrible. Terrible
- William Faulkner
Edith who had still not fully recovered from the debauchery at the Hayeses' had glaced at the letter before dinner but she apparently lacked the energy to pry. "Oh to be young as you " was all she'd said before going to bed early.
- Anna Godbersen
When I was Younger, I wanted to be something.Now, I just want to be younger.
- Joseph Gordon Levitt
Oh, to be young. To still be one's own hero.
- David Guterson
No, what I should really like to do right now, in the full blaze of lights, before this illustrious assembly, is to shower every one of you with gifts, with flowers, with offerings of poetry - to be young once more, to ride on the crest of the wave.
- Knut Hamsun
Oh, to be young and to feel loves keen sting
- J K Rowling
Youth cannot know how age thinks and feels. But old men are guilty if they forget what it was to be young.
- J K Rowling
My father was a great example of a strong and good man and Christian man, and my mother taught all my six sisters how to be young ladies and mothers and how to take care of your family. And so I think they were - they still are - great examples for all of us to their kids and to the world, too.
- Magic Johnson
I still remember her meandering Mississippi kiss. I sipped it like a riverboat captain in the desert. Ah, to be young and naughtily nautical.
- Jarod Kintz
It was a wonderful time to be young. The 1960s didn't end until about 1976. We all believed in Make Love, Not War. We were idealistic innocents, despite the drugs and sex.
- Margot Kidder
I warn you not to be ordinary, I warn you not to be young, I warn you not to fall ill, and I warn you not to grow old.
- Neil Kinnock
Man always kills the thing he loves, and so we the pioneers have killed our wilderness. Some say we had to. Be that as it may, I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?
- Aldo Leopold
It is better to be young in your failures than old in your successes.
- Flannery Oconnor
No wise man ever wished to be younger.
- Jonathan Swift
You have to be young to be able to do things like that. Now I'm more cautious. I'm proud that I was able to do what I did - psychologically it was a great wall to climb - but sometimes I regret it.
- Mathias Rust
In a way, it is beautiful to be young and hard up. With the right wife, and I had her, deprivation became a game.
- Wallace Stegner
It's a pleasant thing to be young, and have ten toes.
- Robert Louis Stevenson
People forget what it was like to be young, the stuff I'm expressing now is for the first time.
- Joss Stone
Life goes on and on after one's luck has run out. Youthfulness persists, alas, long after one has ceased to be young.
- Glenway Wescott
Those who cry to be young again should think twice before they seal those prayers.
- Laura Whitcomb
I hope to find the roles that are age appropriate but not yearning to be younger, or parenting ad nauseam.
- Debra Winger
Bliss it was in that dawn to be alive
But to be young was very heaven.
- William Wordsworth