Skip to main content

Very Stupid Quotes

Men can be very stupid. We cease to value what we have until it's gone, and only then do we realize the gold we glimpsed in distant hills pales as dross compared to treasure we had in hand.
- Ann Aguirre

If this man had not twelve thousand a year, he would be a very stupid fellow.
- Jane Austen

Because she's Acheron companion. (Astrid)
Ash has a companion? (Zarek)
(The demon snorted. She stood up and whispered loudly in Astrid's ear.)
Dark-Hunters are cute, but very stupid. (Simi)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Race and class are the easiest divisions. It's very stupid.
- Lynda Barry

Fashion as King is sometimes a very stupid ruler.
- E T Bell

Fourth Doctor: You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.
- Chris Boucher

Sometimes you can be very stupid!
- Michael Scott

Things were simpler then. And also very, very stupid.
- Terry Pratchett

The opposite of esprit d'escalier is the way that life's embarrassments come back to haunt us even after they're long past. I could remember every stupid thing I'd ever said or done, recall them with picture-perfect clarity. Any time I was feeling low, I'd naturally start to remember other times I felt that way, a hit parade of humiliations coming one after another to my mind.
- Cory Doctorow

An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid.
- Carl Sagan

Napoleon, the man of genius, did this! But to say that he destroyed his army because he wished to, or because he was very stupid, would be as unjust as to say that he had brought his troops to Moscow because he wished to and because he was very clever and a genius
- Leo Tolstoy

Because of the self-confidence with which he had spoken, no one could tell whether what he said was very clever or very stupid.
- Leo Tolstoy

Siobhan says that if you raise one eyebrow it can means lots of different things. It can mean 'I want to do sex with you' and it can also mean 'I think what you just said was very stupid.
- Mark Haddon

She firmly held the theory that everyone gets at least one very stupid superpower.
- Maureen Johnson

I felt excited to go to school, and that scared me. I knew it wasn't the simulating learning environment I was anticipating, or seeing my new set of friends. If I was being honest with myself, I knew I was eager to get to school because I would see Edward Culllen. And that was very, very stupid.
- Stephenie Meyer

I can't live where I want to, I can't go where I want to go, I can't do what I want to, I can't even say what I want to. I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to.
- Georgia O Keeffe

I decided I was a very stupid fool not to at least paint as I wanted to... I found that I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way-- things I had no words for.
- Georgia O Keeffe

What I need is a woman who is something, anything: either very beautiful or very kind or in the last resort very wicked; very witty or very stupid, but something.
- Alfred De Musset

I have mixed feelings about those sorts of things. When I see it done by interesting young people, I think it's very valid. But when established photographers, people in their forties, copy me and get a lot of money, well, I find that to be very stupid.
- Helmut Newton

I don't think one should be comfortable standing on a stage with people applauding and laughing at every stupid thing you say.
- Joaquin Phoenix

It was a very stupid thing to do, I'll admit, but I hardly didn't even know I was doing it.
- J D Salinger

I am no longer afraid of getting old. Indeed I can't believe I ever said anything so stupid. So childish. So offensive and arrogant.
But mainly, so very, very stupid. I desperately want to grow old.
- Elizabeth Wein

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...