Brass bands are all very well in their place - outdoors and several miles away.
- Thomas Beecham
I wore white gloves. I lived with my mother & father. I was not a child. I was 37 years old. My bottom lip was swollen. I wore white gloves though I was not a servent. I did not play in a brass band. I was not a waiter. I was not a magician. I was the attendant of a museum.
- Edward Carey
Father was an atheist; he had even joined the Skeleton Army - a club of men who went about in masks or black faces, with ribald placards and a brass band, to make war upon the Salvation Army.
- A E Coppard
In 'thinking up' music I usually have some kind of a brass band with wings on it in back of my mind.
- Charles Ives
He smiled, looking into the flames. "He used to sleep on the foot of my bed, bad breath and gas and all, and I even took him hunting."
"It's odd to take a dog hunting?"
"Max? Yeah, sort of like taking along a brass band. He saved a lot of deer from death.
- S M Stirling
- Thomas Beecham
I wore white gloves. I lived with my mother & father. I was not a child. I was 37 years old. My bottom lip was swollen. I wore white gloves though I was not a servent. I did not play in a brass band. I was not a waiter. I was not a magician. I was the attendant of a museum.
- Edward Carey
Father was an atheist; he had even joined the Skeleton Army - a club of men who went about in masks or black faces, with ribald placards and a brass band, to make war upon the Salvation Army.
- A E Coppard
In 'thinking up' music I usually have some kind of a brass band with wings on it in back of my mind.
- Charles Ives
He smiled, looking into the flames. "He used to sleep on the foot of my bed, bad breath and gas and all, and I even took him hunting."
"It's odd to take a dog hunting?"
"Max? Yeah, sort of like taking along a brass band. He saved a lot of deer from death.
- S M Stirling
Comments
Post a Comment