My personality made me easy to get along with unless you were looking at my guy like he was a big, juicy slab of prime rib with a side of mint chocolate chiop ice cream.
- Jus Accardo
Nobody believes me when I say that my long book is an attempt to create a world in which a form of language agreeable to my personal aesthetic might seem real. But it is true.
- J R R Tolkien
When I died my hair red the first time, I felt as if it was what nature intended. I have been accused of being a bit of a spitfire, so in that way, I absolutely live up to the stereotype. The red hair suits my personality. I was a terrible blonde!
- Amy Adams
Insanity is in the eyes of the beholder. So I will continue to live my personal folly.
- Paulo Coelho
Parla come magni,' It means, 'Speak the way you eat,' or in my personal translation: 'Say it like you eat it.' It's a reminder - when you're making a big deal out of explaining something, when you're searching for the right words - to keep your language as simple and direct as Roman rood. Don't make a big production out of it. Just lay it on the table.
- Elizabeth Gilbert
All I need is my brains, my eyes and my personality, for better or for worse.
- William Albert Allard
If critics have problems with my personal life, it's their problem. Anybody with half a brain would realize that it's the charts that count.
- Mariah Carey
I'm not one of those people that goes into details of my personal life on national TV to get attention. Some things are better left unsaid.
- Mariah Carey
Well if you were asking my personal opinion on that I think the answer can only be yes but it was missed. Much as I know I'm responsible for a lot of things, I can't wear any responsibility for that.
- John Anderson
Your job is to focus on my personal happiness, she said, & I've got big plans, so break time is over.
- Brian Andreas
He kissed me, and I pulled my personal psycho into bed with me.
- Ilona Andrews
Yes, it must be something that goes very well with my voice, let's say something that I understand that this would be good communication with the others, and I don't pretend for instance, to look for music that would be something that doesn't go with my personality.
- Victoria De Los Angeles
My way of remaining French was the financing scheme I used for Quest for Fire, with Fox funds, since it started as a 100% American production. The film was not in French and yet was French in style, reflecting my personality.
- Jeanjacques Annaud
I've always had a strong feeling for the Statue of Liberty, because it became the statue of my personal liberty.
- David Antin
When sadness happens in the middle of work, I separate my personal grief from my train of thought.
- Sergio Aragones
Believe me, when my 'personal endowments' are being discussed, I always pay attention..
- Lisa Kleypas
The fork fell from my fingers, splatterng mashed potatoes across the table. I mustered my best "ice princess" look at met his gaze. "You're in my personal space, buddy.
- Jennifer Armintrout
I'm trying to keep my personal life personal. It's very hard for me because I'm a very honest person.
- David Arquette
My personal advice is to go to school first and get a liberal arts education, and then if you want to pursue acting, go to graduate school.
- Jillian Bach
There are different kinds of humor, some is sarcastic, some introspective. Introspective fit my personality better.
- Rita Rudner
Now I am quietly waiting for
the catastrophe of my personality
to seem beautiful again,
and interesting, and modern.
The country is grey and
brown and white in trees,
snows and skies of laughter
always diminishing, less funny
not just darker, not just grey.
It may be the coldest day of
the year, what does he think of
that? I mean, what do I? And if I do,
perhaps I am myself again.
- Frank O Hara
You know I don't like to talk about my personal life.
- Javier Bardem
Look, I don't care what the Ooga-Boogas do. It sounds like they need a family counselor, not a sniper. (Steele)
They're not Ooga-Boogas, they're Uhbukistanis. (Syd)
Whatever. My personal belief is that we should leave Ooga-Booga Land to the Oomp-Loompas. Let them fight it out with the Snozzwangers, Wangdoogles, and the mean Vermicious Knids. I'd rather go peal carrots with a spoon. (Steele)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Fine. You win. I quit. You two deal with this. I'm going home. Packing up all my personal items, and when you, Caleb, end up dead because the coach has your jockstrap or something else I didn't steal but someone else did, don't call me. I'm done and I'm going to hide in a bunker until all of this is over with." Nick
"I hate you, Nick." Caleb
"Feels mutual, Demon." Nick
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
I might not like the fact that you are my commander, Greek, but as a soldier I will obey you regardless of my personal distaste for your company. (Valerius)
Gee, T-Red, doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy just to be near him? (Talon)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
A guy is a lump like a doughnut. So, first you gotta get rid of all the stuff his mom did to him. And then you gotta get rid of all that macho crap that they pick up from beer commercials. And then there's my personal favorite, the male ego.
- Roseanne Barr
First of all, I'm pretty private about my personal life.
- Pat Benatar
The core of my personality consists of many selves.
- Hans Bender
The bronze powder business, however, no longer required my personal attention, and was well managed by those I had chosen as the guardians of a secret, which was long and honourably kept.
- Henry Bessemer
I was really happy with my race, though. I beat my personal best by 1.2 seconds.
- Bonnie Blair
No one who knows my personal situation would think I am not sympathetic to the needs of the active forces.
- Kit Bond
If I can't see around my personal story, I'll have no way to see sit in context: This is one event in a life of events. It is whatever it is, but it is temporal. The pain is terrible, but it won't last. I can manage it. or this joy is incredible, but it won't last. Celebrate it now! [pp. 104-105]
- Sylvia Boorstein
The Oscar made me a star, and I'm grateful. But I feel had I not won the Oscar I wouldn't have gotten into the messes I did in my personal life.
- Ernest Borgnine
My personal telephone book is a book of the dead now. I'm so old. Almost all of my friends have died, and I don't have the guts to take their names out of the book.
- Ray Bradbury
I don't want to broadcast my personal life because I feel it's off-putting.
- Kate Bosworth
Although I behave in a quite reserved way in my personal life, give me a stage and I'll be as flamboyant as I can.
- Danny Boyle
If you're insinuating that my personal hygiene is not up to the same high standard as yours you can go suck my galoshes.
- Alan Bradley
My personal motto is: WWWWD?: What Would Wonder Woman Do?
- Libba Bray
It is my personal plan to assassinate by pistol either Richard Nixon or George Wallace.
- Arthur Bremer
Now I start my diary of my personal plot to kill by pistol either Richard Nixon or George Wallace.
- Arthur Bremer
Painting is an infinitely minute part of my personality.
- Salvador Dali
My personal life is the same. At the end of the day, this is just a job. I love what I do, and it's a great job. But it's like my alter ego. There's Chris Brown the singer. And there's Christopher Brown, the down-home Tappahannock boy that plays video games and basketball and hangs out.
- Chris Brown
I have to choose songs that represent my personality.
- Peabo Bryson
On the robot kit, I can choose very boring parts or I can choose exciting and interesting parts. That is a reflection of my personality and the kinds of things I am interested in.
- Bill Budge
If I were a dictator, religion and state would be separate. I swear by my religion. I will die for it. But it is my personal affair. The state has nothing to do with it. The state would look after your secular welfare, health, communications, foreign relations, currency and so on, but not your or my religion. That is everybody's personal concern!
- Mahatma Gandhi
I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.
- Mahatma Gandhi
I've got to restructure all my personal life now in order to accommodate public service, which is fine.
- Max Burns
People care about my personal life. But really I'm dorky! I drink beer and go to football games. And ya know, sit in my house in a t-shirt on the weekends and play with my dog!
- Sophia Bush
Good gracious, he was sexya word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment. This guy was sexy like it was his job or something.
- Wendy Higgins
I just feel like it would be so against my personality to have this struggle in tennis and just give up. I know it's not me, not who I am, and that would probably affect other parts of my life.
- Michael Chang
Having loving and supporting parents didn't make me feel any better about the possibility of seeing my personal life splashed across newspapers and tabloids.
- Mary Cheney
I don't think there's anybody in America who thinks my personality is best suited to being Number Two.
- Chris Christie
As I became very defined in my personal politics, I turned down some films that I slightly regret now; I'm not going to say what they were.
- Julie Christie
I think in the end, when you're famous, people like to narrow you down to a few personality traits. I think I've just become this ambitious, say-whatever's-on-her-mind, intimidating person. And that's part of my personality, but it's certainly not anywhere near the whole thing.
- Madonna Ciccone
I don't like to share my personal life... it wouldn't be personal if I shared it.
- George Clooney
I'm not trying to be romantic. I think you can tell when people are trying to be sexy onstage. When I was doing 'All the Way,' I was really thinking about my wife. People don't know my personal experience, but they can tell it's an honest interpretation.
- Harry Connick Jr
There is so much I could say about myself, but I wish you know only this; at times I may be bitter, at times I may be sweet; do not judge me on one character or the other. I have more facets than a jewel, I ask that you understand all of me before you judge me. No one side of my personality is bigger than another, just as no one emotion claims me all the time.
- Jack K Cooke
There is so much I could say about myself, but I wish you know only this; at times I may be bitter, at times I may be sweet; do not judge me on one character or the other. I have more facets than a jewel, I ask that you understand all of me before you judge me. No one side of my personality is bigger than another, just as no one emotion claims me all the time.
- Lionel K Murphy
I didn't like anything about myself - my looks, my personality. I was very, very angry.
- Marion Cotillard
I grabbed Sabine's shoulder. If you stick me again, I'm going to make your head my personal pin cushion.
- Andrea Cremer
I have never indulged our society's misguided notion that my personal life is relevant to my work, so any reporting surrounding that is necessarily hearsay, speculation or fantasy.
- Billy Crudup
When I'm promoting a film, I'm not going to get caught up in anything else, and that includes all my personal things.
- Tom Cruise
There is a legitimate argument over whether the death penalty effectively deters violent crime, although my personal observation is that not one of the criminals who have been executed over the years has ever killed again.
- Dinesh D Souza
O holy Sunday, let your darkness not come along my way. Let her nurture internal and external world, as I start my personal day.
- Santosh Kalwar
My personal feeling is that understanding evolution led me to atheism.
- Richard Dawkins
[Hating America] would be as silly as loving it," I said. "It's impossible for me to get emotional about it, because real estate doesn't interest me. It's no doubt a great flaw in my personality, but I can't think in terms of boundaries. Those imaginary lines are as unreal to me as elves and pixies. I can't believe that they mark the end or the beginning of anything of real concern to the human soul. Virtues and vices, pleasures and pains cross boundaries at will.
- Kurt Vonnegut
For a long time I tried to manage an honesty and openness about my personal life because I'm human and I'm normal - well, semi-normal.
- Johnny Depp
Certain aspects of my personality are always going to come out on-screen. I guess that's just me - if they say I'm quirky, I'm quirky. It's better than being boring.
- Zooey Deschanel
I never talk about my personal life. After these rumours, I definitely do not want to comment on anything.
- Ajay Devgan
Joking around is part of my personality, just who I am.
- Novak Djokovic
With my personal preparation at the piano, I can afford to hum at half voice.
- Placido Domingo
As for my personal opinion, to love only prosperity is even somehow unseemly. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, smashing something is occasionally very pleasant too.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
I do try to separate my personal activism - showing up at a demonstration or something - from what I write.
- Ursula K Le Guin
I understand that it would be smart, career-wise, to line up something, but it wouldn't be smart for my personal life or my sanity. Some people thrive when they're working. I thrive when I'm hanging out with my friends and doing yoga.
- Courtney Thorne Smith
Behold the Drojim Palace," King Urgit said extravagantly to Sadi, "the hereditary home of the House of Urga."
"A most unusual structure, You Majesty," Sadi murmured.
"That's a diplomatic way to put it." Urgit looked critically at his palace. "It's gaudy, ugly, and in terribly bad taste. It does, however, suit my personality almost perfectly.
- David Eddings
I suppose I'm proudest of my novels for what's imagined in them. I think the world of my imagination is a richer and more interesting place than my personal biography.
- John Irving
When I think of the Olympics I only think of good things. I think of what a great event it is and what it has done for me and my career, and changed my personal life, too.
- Roger Federer
Of course I can do this. I'm pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn't change my personality.
- Christine Feehan
I suppose that the scope and implications of such forces have rendered my personal accounting ritual pretty much obsolete. That's how things sometimes go.
- Brian Ferneyhough
Read! When your baby is finally down for the night, pick up a juicy book like Eat, Pray, Love or Pride and Prejudice or my personal favorite, Understanding Sleep Disorders: Narcolepsy and Apnea; A Clinical Study. Taking some time to read each night really taught me how to feign narcolepsy when my husband asked me what my "plan" was for taking down the Christmas tree.
- Tina Fey
I am a child of Cosmopolitan culture, have been traumatized by supermodels and too many quizzes and know that neither my personality nor my body is up to it if left to its own devices. I can't take the pressure.
- Helen Fielding
I'm very confident in how I project my personality.
- Megan Fox
I wish I could have 25,000 years of my personal family history documented in a very powerful computer or a CD-ROM that I could just pop in and my computer would never crash.
- Brendan Fraser
I've always written songs, even when I wasn't doing anything with my personal life in music.
- Leif Garrett
I brought my personality and sense of wonder and I think they wrote as much of my personality as they could. I do not go around kicking butt and saving the universe all the time but they tried to capture me as best as they could in the character.
- Gil Gerard
I'm kind of a quirky dresser usually. Like today, I'm actually pretty put together, but I dress kind of off sometimes, but that's just part of my personality.
- Debbie Gibson
One of my favorite songs from the album is a song called 'For Better or Worse,' and it's basically about unconditional love, which is, I'd say, an ongoing theme in my personal life.
- Debbie Gibson
No, I feel like my personality probably influenced the character, more than the character influenced me.
- Sara Gilbert
I first came to think about media and politics in the late 1960s, having observed some distortions up close, but since then I wouldn't say that my personal experience has remained an important motive for my writing about media.
- Todd Gitlin
My personal belief is that everything is always happening all at once.
- Joseph Gordonlevitt
I don't talk about my personal life with the press.
- Topher Grace
I keep lists of names of people that I have met, a list of things to do day by day as well as a log of how my time is consumed throughout the day. It's a very important part of my personal discipline.
- Bob Graham
What I've tried to do is combine both my personal experiences with scientific research. I like to cross the divide between the personal world and the scientific world.
- Temple Grandin
Everybody's entitled to think whatever they want and to express that, but my personal day-to-day experience does not come into contact with any of those people.
- Amy Grant
My personality is that I'm a human being like everybody else, just a citizen and a blue collar guy.
- Lee Greenwood
My personal view is that such total planning by the state is an absolute good and not simply a relative good... I do not myself think of the attitude I take as deriving from Marx - though this undoubtedly will be suggested - but from Fichte and Hegel.
- John Grierson
That my business success is equal to my personal life.
- Merv Griffin
My personality doesn't interest me.
- Andrei A Gromyko
I'm not trying to say that it never hurt or that I never felt its sting, but I can honestly say that I never blamed anybody for racism. I have considered it more of a manifestation of humanity's problem rather than my personal problem.
- Robert Guillaume
For 15 years I did two to three movies a year, sometimes four. I didn't get to spend time building my personal life.
- Steve Guttenberg
It is my personal belief that writing cannot be taught.
- Parnell Hall
I'm not a guy who curses very much in my personal life. When I curse it sounds like a kid trying to be cool. But I think there are quite a few people, my father being one of them, who use curse words rather eloquently.
- Justin Halpern
He was all emotion all the time, constantly talking about his feelings and his profound love for her. He was minutes from getting his first period. He wrote poems too. It's my personal belief that if men are writing poems, they're making up for something else like a big hair back, or one ball. Not that one ball is a bad thing. Especially since I don't know any females who are dying to their their hands on a set of balls. The way I see it, the less balls, the better.
- Chelsea Handler
My biggest insecurity is that my personality is too much, and as I get older, it's just getting bigger.
- Angie Harmon
That's my personal view I would say most in my caucus agree with that but there are some who don't and I've always said that on these kinds of moral issues, people have the right to their own opinions.
- Stephen Harper
What happened was simple, even banal: I became naked, died, lost parts of my flesh and most of my ego along with a few illusions such as a belief in the uniqueness of my personal scrap of consciousness and the cosmic importance therof, and went on from there.
- Macdonald Harris
As I climbed up into the high old bed, the large fly in my personal ointment did the same. Had I actually told him he could get in bed with me? Well, I decided, as I wriggled down under the soft old sheets and the blanket and the comforter, if Eric had designs on me, I was just too tired to care.
"Woman?"
"Hmmm?"
"What's your name?"
"Sookie. Sookie Stackhouse."
"Thank you, Sookie."
"Welcome, Eric.
- Charlaine Harris
It was never in my dreams to make my personal life anybody else's business.
- Ethan Hawke
As long term institutions, I am totally against dictatorships. But a dictatorship may be a necessary system for a transitional period. Personally I prefer a liberal dictator to democratic government lacking liberalism. My personal impression and this is valid for South America is that in Chile, for example, we will witness a transition from a dictatorial government to a liberal government.
- Friedrich August Von Hayek
There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius. It invariably goes like this: Someone shrugs off the weight of his cultural traditions, ignores the baleful stares of authority, and does something his countrymen think to be completely batshit insane. Of those, Galileo was my personal favorite. Van Gogh comes in second, but he really was batshit insane.
- Kevin Hearne
I don't think I ever will do a sex scene because of my religion and my personal standards.
- Jon Heder
I let my personal feelings take care of themselves. I find that works better.
- Anna Held
If I was working hard, she bled into my personality. I became more cynical.
- Marg Helgenberger
I've been around so long and no matter if I've done good things or bad things, or my personal life has been good or bad, the fans have always stuck with me.
- Hulk Hogan
I get to actually experience what it would be like to be a psycho, which is not a fun one, or to be a cowboy, or to be a weird character of some sort. For me, it suits me. It suits my personality. I'm an emotional kind of person anyway.
- Josh Holloway
I lived at admiralty house from 2002 until 2006 on advice from special branch on security grounds as defence secretary. The alternative of providing comprehensive security at my personal property would have entailed significant extra costs to the taxpayer.
- Geoff Hoon
I would like my personal reading map to resemble a map of the British Empire circa 1900.
- Nick Hornby
They're like the opposites poles of my personality. Mild-mannered, responsible Reese is who I used to be, while in-your-face Olivia's who I want to bewith a few sharp edges dulled.
- Kirsten Hubbard
My family gave me values that have sustained me through situations that would challenge any person. My personal relationship with the Lord inspires me in all I do.
- Kathy Ireland
Life can be cruel. It's been my struggle, my personal battle, my obsession to make people see that different isn't always bad.
- Nikki Sixx
I want my personal life to be personal.
- Jeremy Renner
I value my privacy and my personal life - and I certainly don't exploit my personal life.
- Scarlett Johansson
In my early work, I tried to hide my personality, my psychological state, my emotions. This was partly due to my feelings about myself and party due to my feelings about painting at the time. I sort of stuck to my guns for a while but eventually it seemed like a losing battle. Finally one must simply drop the reserve.
- Jasper Johns
I read a whole bunch of bits and pieces over the years, obviously from the fan magazines and the rest of the stuff, and I just wanted to give a little more insight into what's happening in my personal life.
- Davy Jones
Jesus Christ is not just "my personal Savior." He is Lord.
- John F Macarthur Jr
Well, at least I can spare myself the ordeal of a whole battery of personality tests. My personality is poor; that much is clear.
- Susan Juby
Because from my personal experience, Dylan, falling in love with you is like jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. It's fun as hell, a rush of adrenaline, until the inevitable crash comes where you leave and my heart splatters all over the ground.
- Katie Kacvinsky
My face doesn't match my personality. Maybe it would if instead of a mouth I had an asshole in its place.
- Jarod Kintz
I would offer to meet up for some coffee, but I don't drink coffee. I'm sorry, I don't mean to burden you with my personal problems. It's just that I haven't been the same since the Folgers fiasco of '04.
- Jarod Kintz
I'd like to let another person reveal my personality, and I'd like this person to be my clone.
- Jarod Kintz
First of all, let me say thank you sir for the opportunity to scrub your jockstrap with my personal toothbrush. Of all the players on the Congressional softball team, you are by far the sweatiest.
- Jarod Kintz
I feel like if I had my personality but was an OB/GYN, you would be psyched. You'd be like, 'My chatty, pop-culture-interested but plainspoken, wants-to-talk-about-clothes but serious-minded doctor.' I feel like I would clean up with patients. That's kind of a cocky thing to say.
- Mindy Kaling
I believe that, like most writers, my personality comes through in the fiction. So in that respect my writing can't be like any other author's really.
- Paul Kane
I'm not a celebrity. I'm intentionally and defiantly not a celebrity. I don't have any interest in it. I don't have any talent for it. I keep my personal life out of my public life as cleanly as I can.
- Charlie Kaufman
My personal conviction is that science is concerned wholly with truth, not with ethics.
- Arthur Keith
I'm kind of shy and quiet. But I'm only shy in my personal life. If I'm working, somehow I'm not and it goes away.
- Riley Keough
I was always the kid who could draw. I had this talent, and it was the one thing that gave me some kind of dignity in the midst of my personal environment.
- Thomas Kincade
Travel broadens, they say. My personal experience has been that, in the short term at any rate, it merely flattens, aiming its steam-roller of deadlines and details straight at one's daily life, leaving a person flat and gasping at its passage.
- Laurie R King
The fact that I have such a problem that people... that that has to, you know, be on people's mind, what my personal background is. To me, to be very frank with you, is a totally irrelevant thing.
- Werner Klemperer
I believe in advertisement and media completely. My art and my personal life are based in it. I think that the art world would probably be a tremendous reservoir for everybody involved in advertising.
- Jeff Koons
In my personal life, I'm a comic novel. But then, so are we all, because we're human beings.
- Dean Koontz
My personal influence in the Revolutionary Governing Council is such that the dictatorship of the proletariat is firmly established, since the masses are backing me.
- Bela Kun
My personal philosophy is I'm running a 100-yard dash, and I haven't reached the end.
- Bill Kurtis
When I want to kick it up, I like to add hardwood chips or chunks to the grill; it adds bold smoky flavors. The most common woods are hickory and mesquite, but you can find alder, apple, cherry and, my personal favorite, pecan.
- Emeril Lagasse
I was in constant demand, in my professional life and my personal life.
- Hedy Lamarr
I had a big event in my personal life. Then I reevaluated and started going to theology class, and then I found my husband.
- Ali Landry
And above all, you must be asking which door is the true one; not which pleases you best by its paint and panelling...the question should never be: 'Do I like that kind of service?' but 'Are these doctrines true: Is holiness there? Does my conscience move me towards this? Is my reluctance to move to this door due to my pride, or my mere taste, or my personal dislike for this particular door-keeper?
- C S Lewis
I always separated sports and my personal life.
- Carl Lewis
You know, for myself, my personal journey has been a very fortunate one and I would say to people it's like the stars lined up and the skies opened up and the sun shined and I met the right people - was at the right time. And, most importantly, you know I love what I do.
- Phillip Lim
My girlfriend bought me a down jacket, she said it fit my personality.
- Jay London
I just did not discuss my personal life, my sexuality with the media. That was my policy.
- Greg Louganis
It's important to hold something back, though, because quite frankly my personal life is pretty dull and I don't want to bore people with it.
- Matt Lucas
Circumstances made me the theatrical personality I am, which many people believe is also a part of my personal life.
- Bela Lugosi
[after guard dogs frozen mid-attack] 'How long are the dogs going to stay hanging there like that?' ask Yulia. 'I want to make friends with them. Otherwise, i'll be left with a latent psychological complex that's bound to affect my personality and sexual preferences.
- Sergei Lukyanenko
I don't talk about my personal life. But the relationships I've had have usually been with other musicians. It's just easier that way.
- Shelby Lynne
My personal political convictions are rooted in the populist political traditions of western Canada.
- Preston Manning
My personal life was fair game. And that's what hurt me.
- Marla Maples
My personal philosophy would be don't whine, don't let opportunities pass you by, be willing to work hard, and remember that you don't know as much as you think you do, ever.
- James Marsters
I think if there's any difference between me and a traditional CEO, it's that I've been unwilling to change myself or shape my personality around what's expected.
- Andrew Mason
I will say that my personal business is my personal business. And I will leave it at that.
- Heather Matarazzo
I feel like I needed a balance. I don't want to forget about my personal life and spending time with myself.
- Brandy Norwood
Some people in LA are addicted. They have to be here. My personal life is stronger than my professional life, in terms of priorities.
- Debi Mazar
I'm sitting in the bleachers, watching longingly as all the boys and umbumped girls in my Personal Health and Fitness class play Muggle Quidditch. I don't even like the game very much, I think it's silly, but I so miss physical activity that I'd be thrilled if I could run around the gymnasium with a broom between my legs, chasing after the human snitch wearing a gold pinny.
- Megan Mccafferty
I used the name Jane Roe because I didn't want my personal name to be involved in it.
- Norma Mccorvey
And there was a real shedding of the old dogma, like boundaries of morality were being broken down and everybody was into the new party mode of just loving on each other. Which destroyed thousands of us. I lost 16 of my personal friends through that lifestyle.
- Barry Mcguire
There is something sinister, something quite biographical about what I do - but that part is for me. It's my personal business. I think there is a lot of romance, melancholy. There's a sadness to it, but there's romance in sadness. I suppose I am a very melancholy person.
- Alexander Mcqueen
At a certain point in my personal life, I went through a divorce and lost some people close to me.
- Tim Meadows
Forks was literally my personal hell on Earth.
- Stephenie Meyer
The shadows didn't seem as dark as usual. Not with my personal sun along.
- Stephenie Meyer
I used to think of you that way, you know. Like the sun. My personal sun. You balanced out the clouds nicely for me."
He sighed. "The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an eclipse.
- Stephenie Meyer
My personal view is that until there is a disincentive to write lies and abusive comments it's going to continue.
- Heather Mills
The process of composition, messing around with paragraphs and trying to make really good prose, is hardwired into my personality.
- Rick Moody
My personal feeling about science fiction is that it's always in some way connected to the real world, to our everyday world.
- Elizabeth Moon
I am not going to talk about my personal life anymore. You have to learn that lesson sometime.
- Mandy Moore
I just get really defensive as soon as anyone comes near my personal life. I made a decision early on that it's strictly off-limits. No exceptions.
- Samantha Morton
My personal philosophy of life is one of ethics.
- Alva Myrdal
However, please allow me to say that the fundamental style of my writing has been to start from my personal matters and then to link it up with society, the state and the world.
- Kenzaburo Oe
I've always been - you know, my personality is motivating and encouraging. And so I'm just being who God made me to be.
- Joel Osteen
The actor becomes an emotional athlete. The process is painful - my personal life suffers.
- Al Pacino
My personality is a luxury that's costing me too dearly.
- Martin Page
Air was filtering out of my two collapsing lungs. Water rose, bubbling to enter, and I would have died of instantaneous pneumonia - something I have never heard of - if my hand had not got hold of a glass ashtray and, entirely apart from my personal decision, flung it.
- Grace Paley
My personal philosophy is, you can be sure of nothing.
- Robert M Parker Jr
I've been very blessed in my personal life and in my career and I have never been ungrateful for what I have.
- Mandy Patinkin
I would not take for granted that my personal life - because I knew better than anybody - that it was just a life. It was surprisingly an ordinary life.
- Jane Pauley
He taught me literature, and he actually taught me how to read. He was my personal mentor.
- Shimon Peres
My personality is up and down, sassy and cheeky.
- Katy Perry
Everything around me is evaporating. My whole life, my memories, my imagination and its contents, my personality - it's all evaporating. I continuously feel that I was someone else, that I felt something else, that I thought something else. What I'm attending here is a show with another set. And the show I'm attending is myself.
- Fernando Pessoa
I try to separate my personal life from swimming.
- Michael Phelps
You're in my personal space, so get out of it.
- Carol Plum Ucci
Some of the words and symbols and images from childhood will continually be part and parcel of my personality.
- Dennis Potter
I'm very comfortable discussing my personal life, because it's so boring.
- Daniel Radcliffe
My personal favourite is Jeff Beck. All the others are wonderful as well.
- Noel Redding
You have made me ashamed of the wasted years. You have made me acknowledge that no darkness has ever been deep enough to extinguish my personal knowledge of love. And all around me in this world I see evidence of love. I see love. I see it in the human struggle. I see its undeniable penetration in all that humans have accomplished in their poetry, their painting, their music, their love of one another and refusal to accept suffering as their lot.
- Anne Rice
My personal missteps - how many Americans have died as a result of that? None. Other than my family, how many victims were there? None. And yet, in refusing to engage in a responsible debate about Iraq, how many Americans died? Thousands. And America seems to have no problem with that.
- Scott Ritter
What I particularly liked was that, coming from California and not being involved in the New York scene, I developed my personal way, in my own way, at my own pace.
- Herb Ritts
My personal style is relaxed.
- Narciso Rodriguez
The drama of the essay is the way the public life intersects with my personal and private life. It's in that intersection that I find the energy of the essay.
- Richard Rodriguez
I've trained myself to illuminate the things in my personality that are likable and to hide and protect the things that are less likeable.
- Will Smith
Nothing uniquely bad has happened to me in my personal life, but all the regular little bad things have accumulated to make me a neurotic person. And these adventures are my way of trying to make sense of that.
- Jon Ronson
I would like to state that my personal opinions are that the people of every country should decide by themselves what kind of government they want.
- Julius Rosenberg
I take my personal upkeep real seriously; my sense of organization and attention to detail; my memory; my business - I love the business.
- David Lee Roth
- Jus Accardo
Nobody believes me when I say that my long book is an attempt to create a world in which a form of language agreeable to my personal aesthetic might seem real. But it is true.
- J R R Tolkien
When I died my hair red the first time, I felt as if it was what nature intended. I have been accused of being a bit of a spitfire, so in that way, I absolutely live up to the stereotype. The red hair suits my personality. I was a terrible blonde!
- Amy Adams
Insanity is in the eyes of the beholder. So I will continue to live my personal folly.
- Paulo Coelho
Parla come magni,' It means, 'Speak the way you eat,' or in my personal translation: 'Say it like you eat it.' It's a reminder - when you're making a big deal out of explaining something, when you're searching for the right words - to keep your language as simple and direct as Roman rood. Don't make a big production out of it. Just lay it on the table.
- Elizabeth Gilbert
All I need is my brains, my eyes and my personality, for better or for worse.
- William Albert Allard
If critics have problems with my personal life, it's their problem. Anybody with half a brain would realize that it's the charts that count.
- Mariah Carey
I'm not one of those people that goes into details of my personal life on national TV to get attention. Some things are better left unsaid.
- Mariah Carey
Well if you were asking my personal opinion on that I think the answer can only be yes but it was missed. Much as I know I'm responsible for a lot of things, I can't wear any responsibility for that.
- John Anderson
Your job is to focus on my personal happiness, she said, & I've got big plans, so break time is over.
- Brian Andreas
He kissed me, and I pulled my personal psycho into bed with me.
- Ilona Andrews
Yes, it must be something that goes very well with my voice, let's say something that I understand that this would be good communication with the others, and I don't pretend for instance, to look for music that would be something that doesn't go with my personality.
- Victoria De Los Angeles
My way of remaining French was the financing scheme I used for Quest for Fire, with Fox funds, since it started as a 100% American production. The film was not in French and yet was French in style, reflecting my personality.
- Jeanjacques Annaud
I've always had a strong feeling for the Statue of Liberty, because it became the statue of my personal liberty.
- David Antin
When sadness happens in the middle of work, I separate my personal grief from my train of thought.
- Sergio Aragones
Believe me, when my 'personal endowments' are being discussed, I always pay attention..
- Lisa Kleypas
The fork fell from my fingers, splatterng mashed potatoes across the table. I mustered my best "ice princess" look at met his gaze. "You're in my personal space, buddy.
- Jennifer Armintrout
I'm trying to keep my personal life personal. It's very hard for me because I'm a very honest person.
- David Arquette
My personal advice is to go to school first and get a liberal arts education, and then if you want to pursue acting, go to graduate school.
- Jillian Bach
There are different kinds of humor, some is sarcastic, some introspective. Introspective fit my personality better.
- Rita Rudner
Now I am quietly waiting for
the catastrophe of my personality
to seem beautiful again,
and interesting, and modern.
The country is grey and
brown and white in trees,
snows and skies of laughter
always diminishing, less funny
not just darker, not just grey.
It may be the coldest day of
the year, what does he think of
that? I mean, what do I? And if I do,
perhaps I am myself again.
- Frank O Hara
You know I don't like to talk about my personal life.
- Javier Bardem
Look, I don't care what the Ooga-Boogas do. It sounds like they need a family counselor, not a sniper. (Steele)
They're not Ooga-Boogas, they're Uhbukistanis. (Syd)
Whatever. My personal belief is that we should leave Ooga-Booga Land to the Oomp-Loompas. Let them fight it out with the Snozzwangers, Wangdoogles, and the mean Vermicious Knids. I'd rather go peal carrots with a spoon. (Steele)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
Fine. You win. I quit. You two deal with this. I'm going home. Packing up all my personal items, and when you, Caleb, end up dead because the coach has your jockstrap or something else I didn't steal but someone else did, don't call me. I'm done and I'm going to hide in a bunker until all of this is over with." Nick
"I hate you, Nick." Caleb
"Feels mutual, Demon." Nick
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
I might not like the fact that you are my commander, Greek, but as a soldier I will obey you regardless of my personal distaste for your company. (Valerius)
Gee, T-Red, doesn't it make you all warm and fuzzy just to be near him? (Talon)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
A guy is a lump like a doughnut. So, first you gotta get rid of all the stuff his mom did to him. And then you gotta get rid of all that macho crap that they pick up from beer commercials. And then there's my personal favorite, the male ego.
- Roseanne Barr
First of all, I'm pretty private about my personal life.
- Pat Benatar
The core of my personality consists of many selves.
- Hans Bender
The bronze powder business, however, no longer required my personal attention, and was well managed by those I had chosen as the guardians of a secret, which was long and honourably kept.
- Henry Bessemer
I was really happy with my race, though. I beat my personal best by 1.2 seconds.
- Bonnie Blair
No one who knows my personal situation would think I am not sympathetic to the needs of the active forces.
- Kit Bond
If I can't see around my personal story, I'll have no way to see sit in context: This is one event in a life of events. It is whatever it is, but it is temporal. The pain is terrible, but it won't last. I can manage it. or this joy is incredible, but it won't last. Celebrate it now! [pp. 104-105]
- Sylvia Boorstein
The Oscar made me a star, and I'm grateful. But I feel had I not won the Oscar I wouldn't have gotten into the messes I did in my personal life.
- Ernest Borgnine
My personal telephone book is a book of the dead now. I'm so old. Almost all of my friends have died, and I don't have the guts to take their names out of the book.
- Ray Bradbury
I don't want to broadcast my personal life because I feel it's off-putting.
- Kate Bosworth
Although I behave in a quite reserved way in my personal life, give me a stage and I'll be as flamboyant as I can.
- Danny Boyle
If you're insinuating that my personal hygiene is not up to the same high standard as yours you can go suck my galoshes.
- Alan Bradley
My personal motto is: WWWWD?: What Would Wonder Woman Do?
- Libba Bray
It is my personal plan to assassinate by pistol either Richard Nixon or George Wallace.
- Arthur Bremer
Now I start my diary of my personal plot to kill by pistol either Richard Nixon or George Wallace.
- Arthur Bremer
Painting is an infinitely minute part of my personality.
- Salvador Dali
My personal life is the same. At the end of the day, this is just a job. I love what I do, and it's a great job. But it's like my alter ego. There's Chris Brown the singer. And there's Christopher Brown, the down-home Tappahannock boy that plays video games and basketball and hangs out.
- Chris Brown
I have to choose songs that represent my personality.
- Peabo Bryson
On the robot kit, I can choose very boring parts or I can choose exciting and interesting parts. That is a reflection of my personality and the kinds of things I am interested in.
- Bill Budge
If I were a dictator, religion and state would be separate. I swear by my religion. I will die for it. But it is my personal affair. The state has nothing to do with it. The state would look after your secular welfare, health, communications, foreign relations, currency and so on, but not your or my religion. That is everybody's personal concern!
- Mahatma Gandhi
I want freedom for the full expression of my personality.
- Mahatma Gandhi
I've got to restructure all my personal life now in order to accommodate public service, which is fine.
- Max Burns
People care about my personal life. But really I'm dorky! I drink beer and go to football games. And ya know, sit in my house in a t-shirt on the weekends and play with my dog!
- Sophia Bush
Good gracious, he was sexya word that had not existed in my personal vocabulary until that moment. This guy was sexy like it was his job or something.
- Wendy Higgins
I just feel like it would be so against my personality to have this struggle in tennis and just give up. I know it's not me, not who I am, and that would probably affect other parts of my life.
- Michael Chang
Having loving and supporting parents didn't make me feel any better about the possibility of seeing my personal life splashed across newspapers and tabloids.
- Mary Cheney
I don't think there's anybody in America who thinks my personality is best suited to being Number Two.
- Chris Christie
As I became very defined in my personal politics, I turned down some films that I slightly regret now; I'm not going to say what they were.
- Julie Christie
I think in the end, when you're famous, people like to narrow you down to a few personality traits. I think I've just become this ambitious, say-whatever's-on-her-mind, intimidating person. And that's part of my personality, but it's certainly not anywhere near the whole thing.
- Madonna Ciccone
I don't like to share my personal life... it wouldn't be personal if I shared it.
- George Clooney
I'm not trying to be romantic. I think you can tell when people are trying to be sexy onstage. When I was doing 'All the Way,' I was really thinking about my wife. People don't know my personal experience, but they can tell it's an honest interpretation.
- Harry Connick Jr
There is so much I could say about myself, but I wish you know only this; at times I may be bitter, at times I may be sweet; do not judge me on one character or the other. I have more facets than a jewel, I ask that you understand all of me before you judge me. No one side of my personality is bigger than another, just as no one emotion claims me all the time.
- Jack K Cooke
There is so much I could say about myself, but I wish you know only this; at times I may be bitter, at times I may be sweet; do not judge me on one character or the other. I have more facets than a jewel, I ask that you understand all of me before you judge me. No one side of my personality is bigger than another, just as no one emotion claims me all the time.
- Lionel K Murphy
I didn't like anything about myself - my looks, my personality. I was very, very angry.
- Marion Cotillard
I grabbed Sabine's shoulder. If you stick me again, I'm going to make your head my personal pin cushion.
- Andrea Cremer
I have never indulged our society's misguided notion that my personal life is relevant to my work, so any reporting surrounding that is necessarily hearsay, speculation or fantasy.
- Billy Crudup
When I'm promoting a film, I'm not going to get caught up in anything else, and that includes all my personal things.
- Tom Cruise
There is a legitimate argument over whether the death penalty effectively deters violent crime, although my personal observation is that not one of the criminals who have been executed over the years has ever killed again.
- Dinesh D Souza
O holy Sunday, let your darkness not come along my way. Let her nurture internal and external world, as I start my personal day.
- Santosh Kalwar
My personal feeling is that understanding evolution led me to atheism.
- Richard Dawkins
[Hating America] would be as silly as loving it," I said. "It's impossible for me to get emotional about it, because real estate doesn't interest me. It's no doubt a great flaw in my personality, but I can't think in terms of boundaries. Those imaginary lines are as unreal to me as elves and pixies. I can't believe that they mark the end or the beginning of anything of real concern to the human soul. Virtues and vices, pleasures and pains cross boundaries at will.
- Kurt Vonnegut
For a long time I tried to manage an honesty and openness about my personal life because I'm human and I'm normal - well, semi-normal.
- Johnny Depp
Certain aspects of my personality are always going to come out on-screen. I guess that's just me - if they say I'm quirky, I'm quirky. It's better than being boring.
- Zooey Deschanel
I never talk about my personal life. After these rumours, I definitely do not want to comment on anything.
- Ajay Devgan
Joking around is part of my personality, just who I am.
- Novak Djokovic
With my personal preparation at the piano, I can afford to hum at half voice.
- Placido Domingo
As for my personal opinion, to love only prosperity is even somehow unseemly. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing, smashing something is occasionally very pleasant too.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
I do try to separate my personal activism - showing up at a demonstration or something - from what I write.
- Ursula K Le Guin
I understand that it would be smart, career-wise, to line up something, but it wouldn't be smart for my personal life or my sanity. Some people thrive when they're working. I thrive when I'm hanging out with my friends and doing yoga.
- Courtney Thorne Smith
Behold the Drojim Palace," King Urgit said extravagantly to Sadi, "the hereditary home of the House of Urga."
"A most unusual structure, You Majesty," Sadi murmured.
"That's a diplomatic way to put it." Urgit looked critically at his palace. "It's gaudy, ugly, and in terribly bad taste. It does, however, suit my personality almost perfectly.
- David Eddings
I suppose I'm proudest of my novels for what's imagined in them. I think the world of my imagination is a richer and more interesting place than my personal biography.
- John Irving
When I think of the Olympics I only think of good things. I think of what a great event it is and what it has done for me and my career, and changed my personal life, too.
- Roger Federer
Of course I can do this. I'm pregnant, not brain-damaged. My condition doesn't change my personality.
- Christine Feehan
I suppose that the scope and implications of such forces have rendered my personal accounting ritual pretty much obsolete. That's how things sometimes go.
- Brian Ferneyhough
Read! When your baby is finally down for the night, pick up a juicy book like Eat, Pray, Love or Pride and Prejudice or my personal favorite, Understanding Sleep Disorders: Narcolepsy and Apnea; A Clinical Study. Taking some time to read each night really taught me how to feign narcolepsy when my husband asked me what my "plan" was for taking down the Christmas tree.
- Tina Fey
I am a child of Cosmopolitan culture, have been traumatized by supermodels and too many quizzes and know that neither my personality nor my body is up to it if left to its own devices. I can't take the pressure.
- Helen Fielding
I'm very confident in how I project my personality.
- Megan Fox
I wish I could have 25,000 years of my personal family history documented in a very powerful computer or a CD-ROM that I could just pop in and my computer would never crash.
- Brendan Fraser
I've always written songs, even when I wasn't doing anything with my personal life in music.
- Leif Garrett
I brought my personality and sense of wonder and I think they wrote as much of my personality as they could. I do not go around kicking butt and saving the universe all the time but they tried to capture me as best as they could in the character.
- Gil Gerard
I'm kind of a quirky dresser usually. Like today, I'm actually pretty put together, but I dress kind of off sometimes, but that's just part of my personality.
- Debbie Gibson
One of my favorite songs from the album is a song called 'For Better or Worse,' and it's basically about unconditional love, which is, I'd say, an ongoing theme in my personal life.
- Debbie Gibson
No, I feel like my personality probably influenced the character, more than the character influenced me.
- Sara Gilbert
I first came to think about media and politics in the late 1960s, having observed some distortions up close, but since then I wouldn't say that my personal experience has remained an important motive for my writing about media.
- Todd Gitlin
My personal belief is that everything is always happening all at once.
- Joseph Gordonlevitt
I don't talk about my personal life with the press.
- Topher Grace
I keep lists of names of people that I have met, a list of things to do day by day as well as a log of how my time is consumed throughout the day. It's a very important part of my personal discipline.
- Bob Graham
What I've tried to do is combine both my personal experiences with scientific research. I like to cross the divide between the personal world and the scientific world.
- Temple Grandin
Everybody's entitled to think whatever they want and to express that, but my personal day-to-day experience does not come into contact with any of those people.
- Amy Grant
My personality is that I'm a human being like everybody else, just a citizen and a blue collar guy.
- Lee Greenwood
My personal view is that such total planning by the state is an absolute good and not simply a relative good... I do not myself think of the attitude I take as deriving from Marx - though this undoubtedly will be suggested - but from Fichte and Hegel.
- John Grierson
That my business success is equal to my personal life.
- Merv Griffin
My personality doesn't interest me.
- Andrei A Gromyko
I'm not trying to say that it never hurt or that I never felt its sting, but I can honestly say that I never blamed anybody for racism. I have considered it more of a manifestation of humanity's problem rather than my personal problem.
- Robert Guillaume
For 15 years I did two to three movies a year, sometimes four. I didn't get to spend time building my personal life.
- Steve Guttenberg
It is my personal belief that writing cannot be taught.
- Parnell Hall
I'm not a guy who curses very much in my personal life. When I curse it sounds like a kid trying to be cool. But I think there are quite a few people, my father being one of them, who use curse words rather eloquently.
- Justin Halpern
He was all emotion all the time, constantly talking about his feelings and his profound love for her. He was minutes from getting his first period. He wrote poems too. It's my personal belief that if men are writing poems, they're making up for something else like a big hair back, or one ball. Not that one ball is a bad thing. Especially since I don't know any females who are dying to their their hands on a set of balls. The way I see it, the less balls, the better.
- Chelsea Handler
My biggest insecurity is that my personality is too much, and as I get older, it's just getting bigger.
- Angie Harmon
That's my personal view I would say most in my caucus agree with that but there are some who don't and I've always said that on these kinds of moral issues, people have the right to their own opinions.
- Stephen Harper
What happened was simple, even banal: I became naked, died, lost parts of my flesh and most of my ego along with a few illusions such as a belief in the uniqueness of my personal scrap of consciousness and the cosmic importance therof, and went on from there.
- Macdonald Harris
As I climbed up into the high old bed, the large fly in my personal ointment did the same. Had I actually told him he could get in bed with me? Well, I decided, as I wriggled down under the soft old sheets and the blanket and the comforter, if Eric had designs on me, I was just too tired to care.
"Woman?"
"Hmmm?"
"What's your name?"
"Sookie. Sookie Stackhouse."
"Thank you, Sookie."
"Welcome, Eric.
- Charlaine Harris
It was never in my dreams to make my personal life anybody else's business.
- Ethan Hawke
As long term institutions, I am totally against dictatorships. But a dictatorship may be a necessary system for a transitional period. Personally I prefer a liberal dictator to democratic government lacking liberalism. My personal impression and this is valid for South America is that in Chile, for example, we will witness a transition from a dictatorial government to a liberal government.
- Friedrich August Von Hayek
There are many perks to living for twenty-one centuries, and foremost among them is bearing witness to the rare birth of genius. It invariably goes like this: Someone shrugs off the weight of his cultural traditions, ignores the baleful stares of authority, and does something his countrymen think to be completely batshit insane. Of those, Galileo was my personal favorite. Van Gogh comes in second, but he really was batshit insane.
- Kevin Hearne
I don't think I ever will do a sex scene because of my religion and my personal standards.
- Jon Heder
I let my personal feelings take care of themselves. I find that works better.
- Anna Held
If I was working hard, she bled into my personality. I became more cynical.
- Marg Helgenberger
I've been around so long and no matter if I've done good things or bad things, or my personal life has been good or bad, the fans have always stuck with me.
- Hulk Hogan
I get to actually experience what it would be like to be a psycho, which is not a fun one, or to be a cowboy, or to be a weird character of some sort. For me, it suits me. It suits my personality. I'm an emotional kind of person anyway.
- Josh Holloway
I lived at admiralty house from 2002 until 2006 on advice from special branch on security grounds as defence secretary. The alternative of providing comprehensive security at my personal property would have entailed significant extra costs to the taxpayer.
- Geoff Hoon
I would like my personal reading map to resemble a map of the British Empire circa 1900.
- Nick Hornby
They're like the opposites poles of my personality. Mild-mannered, responsible Reese is who I used to be, while in-your-face Olivia's who I want to bewith a few sharp edges dulled.
- Kirsten Hubbard
My family gave me values that have sustained me through situations that would challenge any person. My personal relationship with the Lord inspires me in all I do.
- Kathy Ireland
Life can be cruel. It's been my struggle, my personal battle, my obsession to make people see that different isn't always bad.
- Nikki Sixx
I want my personal life to be personal.
- Jeremy Renner
I value my privacy and my personal life - and I certainly don't exploit my personal life.
- Scarlett Johansson
In my early work, I tried to hide my personality, my psychological state, my emotions. This was partly due to my feelings about myself and party due to my feelings about painting at the time. I sort of stuck to my guns for a while but eventually it seemed like a losing battle. Finally one must simply drop the reserve.
- Jasper Johns
I read a whole bunch of bits and pieces over the years, obviously from the fan magazines and the rest of the stuff, and I just wanted to give a little more insight into what's happening in my personal life.
- Davy Jones
Jesus Christ is not just "my personal Savior." He is Lord.
- John F Macarthur Jr
Well, at least I can spare myself the ordeal of a whole battery of personality tests. My personality is poor; that much is clear.
- Susan Juby
Because from my personal experience, Dylan, falling in love with you is like jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. It's fun as hell, a rush of adrenaline, until the inevitable crash comes where you leave and my heart splatters all over the ground.
- Katie Kacvinsky
My face doesn't match my personality. Maybe it would if instead of a mouth I had an asshole in its place.
- Jarod Kintz
I would offer to meet up for some coffee, but I don't drink coffee. I'm sorry, I don't mean to burden you with my personal problems. It's just that I haven't been the same since the Folgers fiasco of '04.
- Jarod Kintz
I'd like to let another person reveal my personality, and I'd like this person to be my clone.
- Jarod Kintz
First of all, let me say thank you sir for the opportunity to scrub your jockstrap with my personal toothbrush. Of all the players on the Congressional softball team, you are by far the sweatiest.
- Jarod Kintz
I feel like if I had my personality but was an OB/GYN, you would be psyched. You'd be like, 'My chatty, pop-culture-interested but plainspoken, wants-to-talk-about-clothes but serious-minded doctor.' I feel like I would clean up with patients. That's kind of a cocky thing to say.
- Mindy Kaling
I believe that, like most writers, my personality comes through in the fiction. So in that respect my writing can't be like any other author's really.
- Paul Kane
I'm not a celebrity. I'm intentionally and defiantly not a celebrity. I don't have any interest in it. I don't have any talent for it. I keep my personal life out of my public life as cleanly as I can.
- Charlie Kaufman
My personal conviction is that science is concerned wholly with truth, not with ethics.
- Arthur Keith
I'm kind of shy and quiet. But I'm only shy in my personal life. If I'm working, somehow I'm not and it goes away.
- Riley Keough
I was always the kid who could draw. I had this talent, and it was the one thing that gave me some kind of dignity in the midst of my personal environment.
- Thomas Kincade
Travel broadens, they say. My personal experience has been that, in the short term at any rate, it merely flattens, aiming its steam-roller of deadlines and details straight at one's daily life, leaving a person flat and gasping at its passage.
- Laurie R King
The fact that I have such a problem that people... that that has to, you know, be on people's mind, what my personal background is. To me, to be very frank with you, is a totally irrelevant thing.
- Werner Klemperer
I believe in advertisement and media completely. My art and my personal life are based in it. I think that the art world would probably be a tremendous reservoir for everybody involved in advertising.
- Jeff Koons
In my personal life, I'm a comic novel. But then, so are we all, because we're human beings.
- Dean Koontz
My personal influence in the Revolutionary Governing Council is such that the dictatorship of the proletariat is firmly established, since the masses are backing me.
- Bela Kun
My personal philosophy is I'm running a 100-yard dash, and I haven't reached the end.
- Bill Kurtis
When I want to kick it up, I like to add hardwood chips or chunks to the grill; it adds bold smoky flavors. The most common woods are hickory and mesquite, but you can find alder, apple, cherry and, my personal favorite, pecan.
- Emeril Lagasse
I was in constant demand, in my professional life and my personal life.
- Hedy Lamarr
I had a big event in my personal life. Then I reevaluated and started going to theology class, and then I found my husband.
- Ali Landry
And above all, you must be asking which door is the true one; not which pleases you best by its paint and panelling...the question should never be: 'Do I like that kind of service?' but 'Are these doctrines true: Is holiness there? Does my conscience move me towards this? Is my reluctance to move to this door due to my pride, or my mere taste, or my personal dislike for this particular door-keeper?
- C S Lewis
I always separated sports and my personal life.
- Carl Lewis
You know, for myself, my personal journey has been a very fortunate one and I would say to people it's like the stars lined up and the skies opened up and the sun shined and I met the right people - was at the right time. And, most importantly, you know I love what I do.
- Phillip Lim
My girlfriend bought me a down jacket, she said it fit my personality.
- Jay London
I just did not discuss my personal life, my sexuality with the media. That was my policy.
- Greg Louganis
It's important to hold something back, though, because quite frankly my personal life is pretty dull and I don't want to bore people with it.
- Matt Lucas
Circumstances made me the theatrical personality I am, which many people believe is also a part of my personal life.
- Bela Lugosi
[after guard dogs frozen mid-attack] 'How long are the dogs going to stay hanging there like that?' ask Yulia. 'I want to make friends with them. Otherwise, i'll be left with a latent psychological complex that's bound to affect my personality and sexual preferences.
- Sergei Lukyanenko
I don't talk about my personal life. But the relationships I've had have usually been with other musicians. It's just easier that way.
- Shelby Lynne
My personal political convictions are rooted in the populist political traditions of western Canada.
- Preston Manning
My personal life was fair game. And that's what hurt me.
- Marla Maples
My personal philosophy would be don't whine, don't let opportunities pass you by, be willing to work hard, and remember that you don't know as much as you think you do, ever.
- James Marsters
I think if there's any difference between me and a traditional CEO, it's that I've been unwilling to change myself or shape my personality around what's expected.
- Andrew Mason
I will say that my personal business is my personal business. And I will leave it at that.
- Heather Matarazzo
I feel like I needed a balance. I don't want to forget about my personal life and spending time with myself.
- Brandy Norwood
Some people in LA are addicted. They have to be here. My personal life is stronger than my professional life, in terms of priorities.
- Debi Mazar
I'm sitting in the bleachers, watching longingly as all the boys and umbumped girls in my Personal Health and Fitness class play Muggle Quidditch. I don't even like the game very much, I think it's silly, but I so miss physical activity that I'd be thrilled if I could run around the gymnasium with a broom between my legs, chasing after the human snitch wearing a gold pinny.
- Megan Mccafferty
I used the name Jane Roe because I didn't want my personal name to be involved in it.
- Norma Mccorvey
And there was a real shedding of the old dogma, like boundaries of morality were being broken down and everybody was into the new party mode of just loving on each other. Which destroyed thousands of us. I lost 16 of my personal friends through that lifestyle.
- Barry Mcguire
There is something sinister, something quite biographical about what I do - but that part is for me. It's my personal business. I think there is a lot of romance, melancholy. There's a sadness to it, but there's romance in sadness. I suppose I am a very melancholy person.
- Alexander Mcqueen
At a certain point in my personal life, I went through a divorce and lost some people close to me.
- Tim Meadows
Forks was literally my personal hell on Earth.
- Stephenie Meyer
The shadows didn't seem as dark as usual. Not with my personal sun along.
- Stephenie Meyer
I used to think of you that way, you know. Like the sun. My personal sun. You balanced out the clouds nicely for me."
He sighed. "The clouds I can handle. But I can't fight with an eclipse.
- Stephenie Meyer
My personal view is that until there is a disincentive to write lies and abusive comments it's going to continue.
- Heather Mills
The process of composition, messing around with paragraphs and trying to make really good prose, is hardwired into my personality.
- Rick Moody
My personal feeling about science fiction is that it's always in some way connected to the real world, to our everyday world.
- Elizabeth Moon
I am not going to talk about my personal life anymore. You have to learn that lesson sometime.
- Mandy Moore
I just get really defensive as soon as anyone comes near my personal life. I made a decision early on that it's strictly off-limits. No exceptions.
- Samantha Morton
My personal philosophy of life is one of ethics.
- Alva Myrdal
However, please allow me to say that the fundamental style of my writing has been to start from my personal matters and then to link it up with society, the state and the world.
- Kenzaburo Oe
I've always been - you know, my personality is motivating and encouraging. And so I'm just being who God made me to be.
- Joel Osteen
The actor becomes an emotional athlete. The process is painful - my personal life suffers.
- Al Pacino
My personality is a luxury that's costing me too dearly.
- Martin Page
Air was filtering out of my two collapsing lungs. Water rose, bubbling to enter, and I would have died of instantaneous pneumonia - something I have never heard of - if my hand had not got hold of a glass ashtray and, entirely apart from my personal decision, flung it.
- Grace Paley
My personal philosophy is, you can be sure of nothing.
- Robert M Parker Jr
I've been very blessed in my personal life and in my career and I have never been ungrateful for what I have.
- Mandy Patinkin
I would not take for granted that my personal life - because I knew better than anybody - that it was just a life. It was surprisingly an ordinary life.
- Jane Pauley
He taught me literature, and he actually taught me how to read. He was my personal mentor.
- Shimon Peres
My personality is up and down, sassy and cheeky.
- Katy Perry
Everything around me is evaporating. My whole life, my memories, my imagination and its contents, my personality - it's all evaporating. I continuously feel that I was someone else, that I felt something else, that I thought something else. What I'm attending here is a show with another set. And the show I'm attending is myself.
- Fernando Pessoa
I try to separate my personal life from swimming.
- Michael Phelps
You're in my personal space, so get out of it.
- Carol Plum Ucci
Some of the words and symbols and images from childhood will continually be part and parcel of my personality.
- Dennis Potter
I'm very comfortable discussing my personal life, because it's so boring.
- Daniel Radcliffe
My personal favourite is Jeff Beck. All the others are wonderful as well.
- Noel Redding
You have made me ashamed of the wasted years. You have made me acknowledge that no darkness has ever been deep enough to extinguish my personal knowledge of love. And all around me in this world I see evidence of love. I see love. I see it in the human struggle. I see its undeniable penetration in all that humans have accomplished in their poetry, their painting, their music, their love of one another and refusal to accept suffering as their lot.
- Anne Rice
My personal missteps - how many Americans have died as a result of that? None. Other than my family, how many victims were there? None. And yet, in refusing to engage in a responsible debate about Iraq, how many Americans died? Thousands. And America seems to have no problem with that.
- Scott Ritter
What I particularly liked was that, coming from California and not being involved in the New York scene, I developed my personal way, in my own way, at my own pace.
- Herb Ritts
My personal style is relaxed.
- Narciso Rodriguez
The drama of the essay is the way the public life intersects with my personal and private life. It's in that intersection that I find the energy of the essay.
- Richard Rodriguez
I've trained myself to illuminate the things in my personality that are likable and to hide and protect the things that are less likeable.
- Will Smith
Nothing uniquely bad has happened to me in my personal life, but all the regular little bad things have accumulated to make me a neurotic person. And these adventures are my way of trying to make sense of that.
- Jon Ronson
I would like to state that my personal opinions are that the people of every country should decide by themselves what kind of government they want.
- Julius Rosenberg
I take my personal upkeep real seriously; my sense of organization and attention to detail; my memory; my business - I love the business.
- David Lee Roth
Comments
Post a Comment