When you look into your baby's eyes," Lacy said softly, "you see everything you hope they can
be...not everything you wish they won't become.
- Jodi Picoult
You are luck our baby is coming down those stairs. Because if he wasn't, I would have you bent over this sink, tearing you apart to the point where you wouldn't even be able to walk tomorrow.
- Toni Aleo
You will be at your best forever, Even now you have good moments. Occasional glimpses of your heavenly self. When you change your baby's diaper, forgive your boss's temper, tolerate your spouse's moodiness, you display traces of saintliness.
- Max Lucado
Can you believe our Ash is getting laid? Our baby is growing up. I'm so proud!
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
It's a yes then? (Arik)
No. I thought I'd walk through hell to reclaim you and carry your baby just for the heck of it. Who needs marriage. (Geary)
I do! (Arik)
Good. I can let you live another day. (Geary)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby's grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.
- Dave Barry
If you know somebody very well, like your grandmother or your baby sister, you will know when they are real and when they are fake.
- Lemony Snicket
He puts the chain with the locket around my neck, then rests his hand over the spot where our baby would be. "You're going to make a great mother, you know," he says. He kisses me one last time and goes back to Finnick.
- Suzanne Collins
Are you sure?"
"I've never been more sure about anything. I want this. If you can't stay here, I'll go anywhere you want to go."
"But Jack, you love it here!"
"Don't you realize I love you more? I need you in my life. You and our baby. God, MelI don't care where that happens. As long as it happens.
- Robyn Carr
And I apologize to all of you who are the same age as my grandchildren. And many of you reading this are the same age as my grandchildren. They, like you, are being royally shafted and lied to by our Baby Boomer corporations and government.
- Kurt Vonnegut
Our baby is safe, and it's just a house.
- Jennifer Dunn
The first time you hold your baby in your arms, I mean, a sense of strength and love washes over you. It washed over me and I never thought that possible.
- Colin Farrell
Obviously, as an adult I realize this girl-on-girl sabotage is the third worst kind of female behavior, right behind saying "like" all the time and leaving your baby in a dumpster.
- Tina Fey
No other formula gives your baby a better start in life except that stuff that comes out of you for free.
- Tina Fey
Read! When your baby is finally down for the night, pick up a juicy book like Eat, Pray, Love or Pride and Prejudice or my personal favorite, Understanding Sleep Disorders: Narcolepsy and Apnea; A Clinical Study. Taking some time to read each night really taught me how to feign narcolepsy when my husband asked me what my "plan" was for taking down the Christmas tree.
- Tina Fey
You speak baby gibberish?' asked Jack.
'Fluently. The adult-education center ran a course, and I have a lot of time on my hands.'
'So what did he say?'
'I don't know.'
'I thought you said you spoke gibberish?'
'I do. But your baby doesn't. I think he's speaking either
pre-toddler nonsense, a form of infact burble or an obscure dialect of
gobbledygook. In any event, I can't understand a word he's saying.'
'Oh.
- Jasper Fforde
It's funnywhen people call you "shy," they usually smile. Like it's cute, some funny little habit you'll
grow out of when you're older, like the gaps in your grin when your baby teeth fall out. If they knew
how it feltreally being shy, not just unsure at firstthey wouldn't smile. Not if they knew how the
feeling knots up your stomach or makes your palms sweat or robs you of the ability to say anything that
makes sense. It's not cute at all.
- Claudia Gray
Ceri," I said softly. "Why didn't you tell me?"
Her vivid green eyes met mine. "I thought you'd be angry," she said with desperate worry. "Rachel, it's the only way I can get rid of it."
My lips parted. "You don't want it?"
Ceri's expression blanked. She stared wonderingly at me for a moment. "What are we talking about?" she asked cautiously.
"Your baby!"
Her mouth dropped open and she flushed scarlet.
- Kim Harrison
There are many differences between a baby and an I-Pod. And one of the biggest is, no ones going to mug you for your baby.
- Nick Hornby
Then to have your baby playing at the school you played at and having him play well is a special treat.
- Jerry Kramer
Your baby only needs a lot of light at night if he's reading or he's entertaining guests.
- Lawrence Kutner
Nikki lives around the corner from me and I see him all the time. We talk a lot, and of course we're still friends. That was our baby, Motley Crue, we put that band together.
- Tommy Lee
I could have told him that nothing was safe and that no matter how careful you were and how hard you tried, there were still accidents, hidden traps, and snares. You could get killed on an airplane or crossing the street. Your marriage could fall apart when you weren't looking; your husband could lose his job; our baby could get sick or die.
- Jennifer Weiner
You know what I'm thinking?' Maggie said.
I had no idea.
'Nope,' David replied. Apparently David didn't know either.
Maggie turned to me with pleading eyes.'Our babysitter has the flu.'
'I'm sorry to hear that,' I replied.
Dead silence.
I honestly had no idea what Maggie was getting at, so I misread the silence.
'It's not serious, I hope,' I said sympathetically.
- Lisa Lutz
We had to go all through the night thinking that our baby was dead. When God showed him to us, he wasn't dead, he was sucking his thumb. God had him safe and sound. He is a miracle. He is so healthy, so perfect, and God has really, really blessed us.
- Barbara Mandrell
Pete thinks we all have a blacking factory: some awful moment, early on, when we surrender our childish hearts as surely as we lose our baby teeth.
- Armistead Maupin
Growing up in my family meant ambushes on your birthday, crossbows for Christmas, and games of dodge ball where the balls were occasionally rigged to explode. It also meant learning how to work your way out of a wide variety of death traps. Failure to get loose on your own could lead to missing dinner, or worse, being forced to admit that you missed dinner because your baby sister had tied you to the couch. Again.
- Seanan Mcguire
And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own.
- Margaret Mead
Some of the memories were not clear---dim human memories, seen through weak eyes and heard through weak ears: the first time I'd seen his face... the way it felt when he'd held me in the meadow... the sound of his voice through the darkness of my faltering consciousness when he'd save me from James... his face as he waited under a canopy of flowers to marry me... every precious moment on the island... his cold hands touching our baby through my skin..
- Stephenie Meyer
I hope you will love your baby. I hope it will be a boy. That husband of yours, I hope, will always treat you well, because otherwise my specter shall come out of him, like black smoke, like a demented giant, and pull him apart nerve by nerve....I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Lolita.
- Vladimir Nabokov
It's important to us to see the development and growth. At the end of the day, it's our baby. Genetically it's ours. It's our embryo. We feel very connected.
- Bill Rancic
It's part of us," she said jerkily. "How could I not want part of us? It's your baby.I'm carrying your baby and I love it so much already it terrifies me."
"Oh,Diana." He touched her then, gently, his hands on her face. "You've let two weeks go by when we could have been terrified together.
- Nora Roberts
Okay, Troy...you're right. I'll take care of your baby for you...cause...like you say...she's innocent...and you can't visit the sins of the father upon the child. A motherless child has got a hard time. From right now...this child got a mother. But you a womanless man.
- August Wilson
be...not everything you wish they won't become.
- Jodi Picoult
You are luck our baby is coming down those stairs. Because if he wasn't, I would have you bent over this sink, tearing you apart to the point where you wouldn't even be able to walk tomorrow.
- Toni Aleo
You will be at your best forever, Even now you have good moments. Occasional glimpses of your heavenly self. When you change your baby's diaper, forgive your boss's temper, tolerate your spouse's moodiness, you display traces of saintliness.
- Max Lucado
Can you believe our Ash is getting laid? Our baby is growing up. I'm so proud!
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
It's a yes then? (Arik)
No. I thought I'd walk through hell to reclaim you and carry your baby just for the heck of it. Who needs marriage. (Geary)
I do! (Arik)
Good. I can let you live another day. (Geary)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon
The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby's grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.
- Dave Barry
If you know somebody very well, like your grandmother or your baby sister, you will know when they are real and when they are fake.
- Lemony Snicket
He puts the chain with the locket around my neck, then rests his hand over the spot where our baby would be. "You're going to make a great mother, you know," he says. He kisses me one last time and goes back to Finnick.
- Suzanne Collins
Are you sure?"
"I've never been more sure about anything. I want this. If you can't stay here, I'll go anywhere you want to go."
"But Jack, you love it here!"
"Don't you realize I love you more? I need you in my life. You and our baby. God, MelI don't care where that happens. As long as it happens.
- Robyn Carr
And I apologize to all of you who are the same age as my grandchildren. And many of you reading this are the same age as my grandchildren. They, like you, are being royally shafted and lied to by our Baby Boomer corporations and government.
- Kurt Vonnegut
Our baby is safe, and it's just a house.
- Jennifer Dunn
The first time you hold your baby in your arms, I mean, a sense of strength and love washes over you. It washed over me and I never thought that possible.
- Colin Farrell
Obviously, as an adult I realize this girl-on-girl sabotage is the third worst kind of female behavior, right behind saying "like" all the time and leaving your baby in a dumpster.
- Tina Fey
No other formula gives your baby a better start in life except that stuff that comes out of you for free.
- Tina Fey
Read! When your baby is finally down for the night, pick up a juicy book like Eat, Pray, Love or Pride and Prejudice or my personal favorite, Understanding Sleep Disorders: Narcolepsy and Apnea; A Clinical Study. Taking some time to read each night really taught me how to feign narcolepsy when my husband asked me what my "plan" was for taking down the Christmas tree.
- Tina Fey
You speak baby gibberish?' asked Jack.
'Fluently. The adult-education center ran a course, and I have a lot of time on my hands.'
'So what did he say?'
'I don't know.'
'I thought you said you spoke gibberish?'
'I do. But your baby doesn't. I think he's speaking either
pre-toddler nonsense, a form of infact burble or an obscure dialect of
gobbledygook. In any event, I can't understand a word he's saying.'
'Oh.
- Jasper Fforde
It's funnywhen people call you "shy," they usually smile. Like it's cute, some funny little habit you'll
grow out of when you're older, like the gaps in your grin when your baby teeth fall out. If they knew
how it feltreally being shy, not just unsure at firstthey wouldn't smile. Not if they knew how the
feeling knots up your stomach or makes your palms sweat or robs you of the ability to say anything that
makes sense. It's not cute at all.
- Claudia Gray
Ceri," I said softly. "Why didn't you tell me?"
Her vivid green eyes met mine. "I thought you'd be angry," she said with desperate worry. "Rachel, it's the only way I can get rid of it."
My lips parted. "You don't want it?"
Ceri's expression blanked. She stared wonderingly at me for a moment. "What are we talking about?" she asked cautiously.
"Your baby!"
Her mouth dropped open and she flushed scarlet.
- Kim Harrison
There are many differences between a baby and an I-Pod. And one of the biggest is, no ones going to mug you for your baby.
- Nick Hornby
Then to have your baby playing at the school you played at and having him play well is a special treat.
- Jerry Kramer
Your baby only needs a lot of light at night if he's reading or he's entertaining guests.
- Lawrence Kutner
Nikki lives around the corner from me and I see him all the time. We talk a lot, and of course we're still friends. That was our baby, Motley Crue, we put that band together.
- Tommy Lee
I could have told him that nothing was safe and that no matter how careful you were and how hard you tried, there were still accidents, hidden traps, and snares. You could get killed on an airplane or crossing the street. Your marriage could fall apart when you weren't looking; your husband could lose his job; our baby could get sick or die.
- Jennifer Weiner
You know what I'm thinking?' Maggie said.
I had no idea.
'Nope,' David replied. Apparently David didn't know either.
Maggie turned to me with pleading eyes.'Our babysitter has the flu.'
'I'm sorry to hear that,' I replied.
Dead silence.
I honestly had no idea what Maggie was getting at, so I misread the silence.
'It's not serious, I hope,' I said sympathetically.
- Lisa Lutz
We had to go all through the night thinking that our baby was dead. When God showed him to us, he wasn't dead, he was sucking his thumb. God had him safe and sound. He is a miracle. He is so healthy, so perfect, and God has really, really blessed us.
- Barbara Mandrell
Pete thinks we all have a blacking factory: some awful moment, early on, when we surrender our childish hearts as surely as we lose our baby teeth.
- Armistead Maupin
Growing up in my family meant ambushes on your birthday, crossbows for Christmas, and games of dodge ball where the balls were occasionally rigged to explode. It also meant learning how to work your way out of a wide variety of death traps. Failure to get loose on your own could lead to missing dinner, or worse, being forced to admit that you missed dinner because your baby sister had tied you to the couch. Again.
- Seanan Mcguire
And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own.
- Margaret Mead
Some of the memories were not clear---dim human memories, seen through weak eyes and heard through weak ears: the first time I'd seen his face... the way it felt when he'd held me in the meadow... the sound of his voice through the darkness of my faltering consciousness when he'd save me from James... his face as he waited under a canopy of flowers to marry me... every precious moment on the island... his cold hands touching our baby through my skin..
- Stephenie Meyer
I hope you will love your baby. I hope it will be a boy. That husband of yours, I hope, will always treat you well, because otherwise my specter shall come out of him, like black smoke, like a demented giant, and pull him apart nerve by nerve....I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Lolita.
- Vladimir Nabokov
It's important to us to see the development and growth. At the end of the day, it's our baby. Genetically it's ours. It's our embryo. We feel very connected.
- Bill Rancic
It's part of us," she said jerkily. "How could I not want part of us? It's your baby.I'm carrying your baby and I love it so much already it terrifies me."
"Oh,Diana." He touched her then, gently, his hands on her face. "You've let two weeks go by when we could have been terrified together.
- Nora Roberts
Okay, Troy...you're right. I'll take care of your baby for you...cause...like you say...she's innocent...and you can't visit the sins of the father upon the child. A motherless child has got a hard time. From right now...this child got a mother. But you a womanless man.
- August Wilson
Comments
Post a Comment