Skip to main content

So Proud Quotes

He didn't come out of my belly, but my God, I've made his bones, because I've attended to every meal, and how he sleeps, and the fact that he swims like a fish because I took him to the ocean. I'm so proud of all those things. But he is my biggest pride.
- John Lennon

I'm a daughter from a strong man and beautiful mommy, and I'm so proud to be I am.
- Jodi Picoult

Hey, handsome, I'm right here. You're doing an amazing job. I'm so proud of you." Livia's voice cracked a bit, and she swallowed her tears. "The ladies here are working real hard. Beckett's here, and Cole is too. We're all just waiting for you. But you take the time you need. I'm not going anywhere. Well, I may have to pee once in a while, but I'll come right back.
- Debra Anastasia

I was the first woman British commissioner, the first woman trade commissioner, so I am also proud to be the first woman High Representative.
- Catherine Ashton

Honoria Smythe-Smith," Sarah said, positively grinning, "I am
so proud of you."
"I would ask why," Honoria replied warily, "but I'm not sure I
want to know the answer
- Julia Quinn

ALGERNON
In fact, now you mention the subject, I have been very bad in my own small way.
CECILY
I don't think you should be so proud of that, though I am sure it must have been very pleasant.
- Oscar Wilde

The kid dead on the ground. Fourteen, Ash. Fourteen. I'm fourteen." Nick
"Yeah..." Acheron
"Ash, I'm fourteen." Nick
"Got it. You're fourteen. I'm so proud you can count that high. It's a testament to the modern American educational system. But I should probably point out that you're not the only one. I'm told you go a school with a whole class of get this kids who are fourteen." Acheron
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Can you believe our Ash is getting laid? Our baby is growing up. I'm so proud!
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

I have begun in old age to understand just how oddly we all are put together. We are so proud of our autonomy that we seldom if ever realize how generous we are to ourselves, and just how stingy with others. One of the booby traps of freedom--which is bordered on all sides by isolation--is that we think so well of ourselves. I now see that I have helped myself to the best cuts at life's banquet.
- Saul Bellow

Come and show me another city with lifted head singing so proud to be alive and coarse and strong and cunning."
From "Chicago" by Carl Sandburg
- Carl Sandburg

It's the first line in your book. I always thought there was a lot of truth in that. Or maybe that's what my English teacher said. I can't really remember. I read it last semester."
- Your parents must be so proud you can read."
- They are. They bought me a pony and everything when I did a book report on Cat in the Hat.
- Nicholas Sparks

To have my fan club. I am very proud of doing everything. I try to support my parents, friends and fans. I am also proud of my performing in the visual arts, and motion television.
- Chris Burke

Look at the eyebrows. They mean that infernal pride which made Satan so proud that he sneered even at heaven when he was one of the first angels in it. Look at his moustaches, they are so grown as to insult humanity. In the name of the sacred heavens look at his hair. In the name of God and the stars, look at his hat.
- Gilbert K Chesterton

This is a lttle prayer dedicated to the separation of church and state. I guess if they are going to force those kids to pray in schools they might as well have a nice prayer like this: Our Father who art in heaven, and to the republic for which it stands, thy kingdom come, one nation indivisible as in heaven, give us this day as we forgive those who so proudly we hail. Crown thy good into temptation but deliver us from the twilight's last gleaming. Amen and Awomen.
- George Carlin

As long as I live, I will never forget that day 21 years ago when I raised my hand and took the oath of citizenship. Do you know how proud I was? I was so proud that I walked around with an American flag around my shoulders all day long.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger

I'm not so proud to think that anything is unworthy, and I don't think I was that way 10 years ago.
- Thomas Haden Church

Honestly, it's not the medals that I feel so proud of. It's the way I conducted myself as an athlete, the hard work that I put forward.
- Kyle Shewfelt

Argh? Pathetic and inarticulate. Nice combination. Your mothers must be so proud.
- Eoin Colfer

When business leaders ask me what they can do for Indiana, I always reply: 'Make money. Go make money. That's the first act of corporate citizenship. If you do that, you'll have to hire someone else, and you'll have enough profit to help one of those non-profits we're so proud of.'
- Mitch Daniels

I'm so proud of you that it makes me proud of me. I hope you know that.
- John Green

Looking back, I'm so proud to have gone to five Olympics - I believe only three other Americans have achieved that.
- Gail Devers

i do not see why men
should be so proud
insects have the more
ancient lineage
according to the scientists
insects were insects
when man was only
a burbling whatsit
- Don Marquis

Matthey, a Geneva physician very close to Rousseau's influence, formulates the prospect for all men of reason: 'Do not glory in your state, if you are wise and civilized men; an instant suffices to disturb and annihilate that supposed wisdom of which you are so proud; an unexpected event, a sharp and sudden emotion of the soul will abruptly change the most reasonable and intelligent man into a raving idiot.
- Michel Foucault

Um, 'Soul Food'... Another wonderful little movie that could. Here's a film that, I think our budget was maybe $6 million. We shot it in Chicago in six weeks. I was so proud of the film, because it showed America that an African-American film about family could sell, could do well, could cross over and have true meaning.
- Vivica Fox

I am so proud of Michigan's citizens for the kindness and generosity they have shown in assisting in this endeavor. It is truly heartwarming to see the compassion shown for those in need.
- Jennifer M Granholm

The odds of surviving are not good for serfs, or clerics, since they tended the sick, but miraculously I survive. Mr. Erikson rewards me with a laminated badge that reads, I SURVIVED THE BLACK PLAGUE.
Mom will be so proud.
- Cynthia Hand

Hey, Meg," she said without preamble. I need you to write a letter of recommendation for me. I'm applying for grad school."
Meghann screamed into the phone. "Oh, my God! I'm so proud of you. I'm hanging up now; I have to draft a letter that makes my best friend sound like da Vinci in a bra and panties.
- Kristin Hannah

What hypocrites we seem to be whenever we talk of ourselves! Our words sound so humble, while our hearts are so proud.
- Augustus Hare

My very own goth Mr. Darcy. Jane Austen would be so proud.
- Gwen Hayes

You are nearly there," said James. "Very close. We are...so proud of you.
- J K Rowling

I'm so proud of who I am and where I come from and who my father is.
- Enrique Iglesias

As we try to compete in this global marketplace, we need to rebuild our infrastructure. We need to rebuild our schools. We need to make sure that teachers and first responders and veterans who are coming home from serving our country so proudly have jobs waiting for them.
- Valerie Jarrett

I am deeply grateful to the citizens of Sarajevo and the Sarajevo Canton assembly for bestowing upon me this incredible honor of citizenship. I am so proud to now be a part of such an extraordinary part of the world and fellow citizen to the people I deeply love and admire.
- Angelina Jolie

Theo was so pleased with her, so proud of her. In love with her, whatever love was.
- Annabel Joseph

Soon enough it will be me struggling (valiantly?) to walk - lugging my stuff around. How are we all so brave as to take step after step? Day after day? How are we so optimistic, so careful not to trip and yet do trip, and then get up and say O.K. Why do I feel so sorry for everyone and so proud?
- Maira Kalman

She wasn't going to lie and she wasn't going to try to hide Terrible or who he was. She loved him and he was hers, and that made her so proud her chest hurt, and if anybody didn't like it they could go fuck themselves.
- Stacia Kane

Hey Kid--
so proud of you. so is emily. we wish we could be there, but here's a fat check to make up for it but dont go spending it all out on booze. call you soon.
Love, the best big brother ever
and Emily and Marie, too.
I smiled. It was a mark of how much I loved my big brother that I found his lack of punctuation and proper grammar endearing.
- Kody Keplinger

My books are mine, and yet they are alien to me--as a child belongs to a parent and yet has a life of its own. I can guide and hope and nudge my characters this and that way, but in the end, they become what they become. I don't always like what they become myself, but like a parent, there are times when I just don't know what to do about it. Other times when I'm so proud of them I could bust.
- Laura Kinsale

Have you reckon'd a thousand acres much? have you reckon'd the earth much?
Have you practis'd so long to learn to read?
Have you felt so proud to get at the meaning of poems?
- Walt Whitman

It's not a question anymore of fishing," Sam spoke up. "It's a question of what's right, Cork. We've bent like reeds in a river for generations, bent so far over we've just about forgot how to stand up straight. Look at us now. None of us has ever been so proud of being a Shinnob.
- William Kent Krueger

They sailed through the intersection...and only barely missed getting creamed by the cross-traffic.
Nate was smiling. "Did you see that?"
"Yes, Nathaniel." Kenzie had a white-knuckle grip on the door. "You have a bright future ahead of you as a wheelman for the mob. We're all so proud. Now focus on the road, please.
- Jena Leigh

It's just like Marissa to jump right in with the heavy artillery, like guilt and extortion.
I'm so proud to be related to the devil's mistress.
- M Leighton

A man is never so proud as when striking an attitude of humility.
- C S Lewis

I'm so proud of my Chinese ancestry, but I was born and raised in America, and I really believe in American values, our American system, our freedom, our liberties.
- Gary Locke

I really wish I had invented the flip-flop. I love flip-flops. It's the one style of shoe I would be so proud of inventing: the Havaiana.
- Christian Louboutin

I guess the majority of people who want to ban certain musicians are the ones who are so proud of everything America stands for.
- Stephen Malkmus

Alison Lohman is an amazing actress. I was so proud to work with her.
- Taryn Manning

Why are we so attached to the severities of the past? Why are we so proud of having endured our fathers and our mothers, the fireless days and the meatless days, the cold winters and the sharp tongues? It's not as if we had a choice.
- Hilary Mantel

On our way to the cafeteria, he took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers as we walked. He seemed so proud to be holding my hand, announcing to the world that we were finally together.
- Jamie Mcguire

You are so proud of your intelligence," said the master. "You are like a like a condemned man, proud of the vastness of his prison cell.
- Anthony De Mello

I'm so proud of Maryland's firefighters, risking their lives to protect others, but we need to protect our protectors with the best equipment training and resources.
- Barbara Mikulski

Be to her, Persephone,
All the things I might not be;
Take her head upon your knee.
She that was so proud and wild,
Flippant, arrogant and free,
She that had no need of me,
Is a little lonely child
Lost in Hell,Persephone,
Take her head upon your knee;
Say to her, My dear, my dear,
It is not so dreadful here.
- Edna St Vincent Millay

I am telling you that I am very grateful and am so proud of you for being a symbolic generation that is calling for change to the better, that is dreaming for a better future, and is making the future.
- Hosni Mubarak

Britain leads the way in fund raising. I am so proud of Britain.
- Sharon Osbourne

Have you ever noticed that folks will say 'Look, he has his mama's eyes' or 'his daddy's nose,' but they never say 'We're so proud! Look! He's hung just like grampa'?
- Zach McKnight
- Suzie Quint

I was so proud to have the Reagan name and to be Ronald Reagan's son. What a great honor.
- Michael Reagan

You know my father as governor, as president, but I knew him as dad. I was so proud to have the Reagan name and to be Ronald Reagan's son.
- Michael Reagan

It felt wrong to be so proud of something that I had absolutely nothing to do with, but I couldn't help myself.
- Maggie Stiefvater

Can I take the cap and gown off now? I feel kind of dorky. You look kind of dorky...my subconscious is at her snarky best. So are you going to introduce Ray to the man you're f**king? She is glaring at me over her wing-shaped spectacles. He'd be so proud.
- James E Rogers

And I am so proud of my father, the strongest teamster, the least mortal, the most generous.
Ma is, too, even if she won't admit it to him.
- Karen Russell

I am what I am. Before I was not so proud to make fashion. My family thought fashion wasn't very interesting. So I hid that.
- Sonia Rykiel

I'm so proud to represent the people of South Florida. I was so honored when President Obama asked me to serve as chair of the Democratic Party. But there's one job I'm even more proud of, and that's being a mom to my three kids, Rebecca, Jake and Shelby.
- Debbie Wasserman Schultz

Intellectualism came very late to America. That's why Americans are so proud of it. I found very few real intellectuals in America. But there are so many pseudo-intellectuals.
- Douglas Sirk

Boys, men," she said. "They're all the same. They think that this [their manhood] is something special and they're all so proud of it. They do not know how ridiculous it is.
- Alexander Mccall Smith

I grabbed her, right there outside the lunch room in the swarming mob. I didn't care if others were watching. In fact, i hoped they were. I grabbed her and squeezed her. I had never been so happy and so proud in my life.
- Jerry Spinelli

I look at my roommates who are so proud of me that it makes me proud.
- Adriana Trigiani

I go through a loop in which I notice all the ways I am...self-centered and careerist and not true to standards and values that transcend my own petty interests...but then I countenance the fact here at least here I am worrying about it; so then I feel better about myself...but this soon becomes a vehicle for feeling superior to imagined Others...I think I'm very honest and candid, but I'm also proud of how honest and candid I am--so where does that put me.
- David Foster Wallace

It's all very confusing. I think I'm very honest and candid, but I'm also proud of how honest and candid I am -- so where does that put me?
- David Foster Wallace

I always say that I am very proud of the work that I did with the Rolling Stones and that I am also proud of what I have done with the Rhythm Kings.
- Bill Wyman

There are things that I am very proud of and there are things that you are not so proud of. But I think that applies to any musician.
- Bill Wyman

It's definitely a struggle to prove yourself just as a good human being. I'm so proud of who I am and what I've become, the morals I have, and the people that I'm surrounded by.
- Tina Yothers

Boys were so proud - you always had to let them think they were good at things.
- Diane Zahler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...