Skip to main content

The Band Quotes

We get on the bandwagon in all sorts of ways - you know minor ways and major ways - like what you've just encountered which isn't censorship exactly, it was something sort of uglier in a way.
- Kathy Acker

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name.
- Bryan Adams

Lynn, she saved half our faction from this stuff," says Marlene, tapping the bandage on her arm from where the Dauntless traitors shot her. "Well, half of half of our faction."
"In some circles they call that a quarter, Mar," Lynn says.
- Veronica Roth

I have the same one,' he says, laughing. 'On my back.'
'Really? Can I see it?'
He presses the bandage over the tattoo and pulls my shirt back over my shoulder.
'Are you asking me to undress, Tris?'
A nervous laugh gurgles from my throat. 'Only... partially.
- Veronica Roth

The band cannot sign to another label or even put out its own material unless they are released from their agreement, which never happens.
- Steve Albini

We have no general conceptual thrust for the band, other than trying to make music that keeps our interest. When things are novel, they are probably things we have discovered by accident or investigation rather than by design.
- Steve Albini

A more important reason is that the bands will intuitively trust someone they think is a peer, and who speaks fondly of the same formative rock and roll experiences.
- Steve Albini

If the label presents them with a contract that the band don't want to sign, all the label has to do is wait. There are a hundred other bands willing to sign the exact same contract, so the label is in a position of strength.
- Steve Albini

She was like a wound beneath an old bandage, and he had grown more used to the bandage.
- Mitch Albom

Thomas," Chess said, "if you don't want to be famous and have your stories heard, then why'd you start the band up?"
"I heard voices," Thomas said. "I guess I heard voices. I mean, I'm sort of a liar, enit? I like the attention. I want strangers to love me. I don't even know why. But I want all kids of strangers to love me."
The Indian horses screamed.
- Sherman Alexie

Simon had never noticed before, but she wore a silver ring on her right hand, with a partner of flames around the band of it, and a carved L in the center. It reminded him of the ring Clary wore around her neck, with its design of stars.
"It's the Lightwood family ring," she said, noticing where his gaze was fixed. "Every family has an emblem. Ours is fire.
- Cassandra Clare

You and your name-dropping. 'I knew Michael'. 'I knew Sammael'. 'The angel Gabriel did my hair'. It's like I'm with the Band with biblical figures.
- Cassandra Clare

But the irony is that because the band isn't the focus any more, it allows me the chance to enjoy being a member of Def Leppard much more.
- Rick Allen

I wanted to be as far away from everybody as I could be. I found it difficult to be close to anybody, not just the guys in the band.
- Rick Allen

My school colors were clear. We used to say, 'I'm not naked, I'm in the band.
- Steven Wright

The band feels loose in all the right ways, and it's just so cool looking out and seeing all of these people that I haven't seen in a while.
- Trey Anastasio

Things have gone beyond my wildest expectations and dreams, and I feel like I've been given so many blessings in my life, between my friendship with the guys in the band, our wonderful audience, being able to play this music, and then my family.
- Trey Anastasio

They tied me back together, but they didn't use double knots. My insides are draining out of the fault lines in my skin, I can feel it, but every time I check the bandages, they're dry.
- Laurie Halse Anderson

The situation in America is when it starts moving there, all the bands from England move over to America and work from there, so that they're available all the time for everyone that wants them in person.
- Benny Anderson

He finished the bandage and was examining it critically.
"You know those things are unreliable." His voice held just a touch of reproach.
"Eleven out of twelve work fine. I'd say that's better chances than getting an orgasm with a blind date and women still try.
- Ilona Andrews

This is the band I always wanted to be in.
- Phil Anselmo

Yeah, yeah I think that's one of the biggest misconceptions towards the band. The biggest one is that we're Satan worshippers, but next to that just the fact that we're normal.
- Tom Araya

All your travelling is together, you eat together, you're on stage as a band together, when you get to the sound-check the band and the crew are all together.
- Joan Armatrading

It's not important to how the band functions or to what we do. That's just many people's opinions on what they see. A lot of people project stuff on you, but that's okay.
- Brody Armstrong

It's hard to explain what happens when jazz and punk fuse with a violin twist but it works. Probably because Anson Choi takes off his shirt while he's playing the saxophone. Whoever's not chatting up a Cadet or a girl from Darling House or playing chess with the guys is watching the band. I turn into a
groupie.
- Melina Marchetta

Yes, but I have to say this: the band is going to decide where the band plays.
- Sebastian Bach

Those two songs condense the two albums. They also show what the audiences wanted. I was desperate to keep the band together and find something that the public would like.
- Randy Bachman

There are kids out there that are into Iron Maiden and others who are strictly into industrial music, but they come for the same reason; they all like us and they different things out of the band's music.
- Daisy Berkowitz

What you hear about the band is always going to be more disturbing than any particular song.
- Daisy Berkowitz

Each member of the band has varied influences, and the same diversity is reflected in our fanbase.
- Daisy Berkowitz

Half the bands I guarantee wouldn't at this point want Nuno to open for them.
- Nuno Bettencourt

So basically the understanding on these so-called reissues is that they were done behind my back, without my permission, and the band informed me that I would no longer be paid on them at all.
- Jello Biafra

They've gone to great length to disguise the fact that I'm not in the band, even sending out a photo to promoters with my picture in it which then winds up in some of the ads on the flyers.
- Jello Biafra

What they're not doing is marketing the Dead Kennedys in the spirit of what the band stood for.
- Jello Biafra

The only things Mick and I disagree about is the band, the music and what we do.
- Keith Richards

I decided we should book ourselves, so I started booking the band.
- Ruben Blades

We became friends as we became a band. Our friendship evolved as the band evolved. It had its ups and downs, but it was mostly ups for the four of us. We got along well almost all of the time. Hey! We liked each other and we still do.
- Dave Blood

We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops.
- Simon Le Bon

I've actually thought very little about solo work up until just very recently. Most of it is because in my band, Incubus, it is very much a collaborative effort. I do what I do in the band, and everyone plays their respective parts, but in the end, we are sort of a democratic process.
- Brandon Boyd

But when it came to jamming and writing songs like we used to, we realized Brandon was a huge spirit in the band. Who knew? It was just something we had to learn.
- Edie Brickell

Geffen was never supportive of the band.
- Edie Brickell

O it's Tommy this, an'Tommy that, an' "Tommy, go away": But it's "Thank you, Mister Adkins," when the band begins to play..
- Rudyard Kipling

The best practice you can get is on the bandstand, but in between gigs I feel I have to stay in shape.
- Bill Bruford

They tried to get me to use a pick when I first joined the band. They had certain things they thought were appropriate. I tried to adapt as much as I could.
- Lindsey Buckingham

Another thing that was unique about working on this stuff was that I was engineering it. I used many of the things I had learned while I was away from the band. It sort of vindicated my decision to leave in '87.
- Lindsey Buckingham

I had to seal off my feelings about Stevie while seeing her every day and having to help her, too. But you get on with it. What was happening to the band was much bigger than any of that.
- Lindsey Buckingham

When Stevie and I joined the band, we were in the midst of breaking up, as were John and Christine. By the time Rumours was being recorded, things got worse in terms of psychology and drug use. It was a large exercise in denial - in order for me to get work done.
- Lindsey Buckingham

I'm calm," Rachel insisted. "Every time I'm around you, some monsters attack us. What's to be nervous about?"
"Look," I said. "I'm sorry about the band room. I hope they didn't kick you our or anything."
"Nah. They asked me a lot of questions about you. I played dumb."
"Was it hard?" Annabeth asked.
- Rick Riordan

I grew up in a utopia, I did. California when I was a child was a child's paradise, I was healthy, well fed, well clothed, well housed. I went to school and there were libraries with all the world in them and after school I played in orange groves and in Little League and in the band and down at the beach and every day was an adventure.... I grew up in utopia.
- Kim Stanley Robinson

I play the guitar. This year at the Sundance film festival, I joined the band from 'The Guitar' on stage. We warmed up for Patti Smith, and then the director Michel Gondry got on the drums to play some songs from the soundtrack to his film Be Kind Rewind with Mos Def. It was pretty mad.
- Saffron Burrows

But that quickly faded, and he frowned. "You're bleeding," he said. "What happened?"
Claire sighed and held up her wrist to show him the bandage. "Man, you would be so embarrassed if I said it was something else." Michael looked blank. "I'm a girl, Michael, it could have been all natural, you know. Tampons?
- Rachel Caine

Joining another big time rock band was the last thing I was looking for, but as the tour went on, I really dug playing to a lot of people, the band sounded great, and just being out there again, got me over my depression and so I decided to hop on board.
- Matt Cameron

So, I just kind of played the way I played and then eventually we kind of figured out what worked best for the band. So, I definitely changed my stuff up and I think we're playing really tight now.
- Matt Cameron

In my last band, Soundgarden, I had a couple of different drummers sit in on some stuff and it was fun for me to kind of take a break and watch the band.
- Matt Cameron

You know, who cares about seeing the girls when everybody wants to see the band. That's what's important, KISS is important. I think we look great, and the attitude is there, and I'm real happy with it.
- Eric Carr

I think I used to do everything and then people had a problem with that within the band, so we're doing more of a communal thing.
- Julian Casablancas

I want to get away from the social vampires in Tucson. The people who have no lives of their own and meet me and know who I am and feel entitled to say negative things. I have good friends here, especially in the bands. But a lot of it is just like high school.
- Neko Case

I think that the jazzy approach that I have is based on the way that I hear music and in the way I play a supporting role to the other people in the band.
- Jimmy Chamberlin

What I see for the band by the end of this year is the Complex live at the Montreux Jazz Festival. I want my guys to be comfortable. I'm certainly not in this for the money, but I'd really like to see my guys make some money off of this stuff.
- Jimmy Chamberlin

She knew with suddeness and ease that this moment would be with her always, within hand's reach of memory.
She doubted if they all sensed it - they had seen the world - but even George was silent for a minute as they looked, and the scene, the smell, even the sound of the band playing a faintly recognisable movie theme, was locked forever in her, and she was at peace.
- Stephen King

Dave thought he was bigger than Van Halen the band. So there was this catfight going on for 10 years.
- Gary Cherone

i would like to remind
the management
that the drinks are watered
and the hat-check girl
has syphilis
and the band is composed
of former ss monsters
However since it is
new year's eve
and i have lip cancer
i will place my
paper hat on my
concussion and dance
- Leonard Cohen

We all understand that this is just music. We all understand these songs were written Before - there is no way the band could have known how we would hear them After. But the songs ring true.
- David Levithan

...Granny Weatherwax, who had walked nightly without fear in the bandit-haunted forests of the mountains all her life in the certain knowledge that the darkness held nothing more terrible than she was..
- Terry Pratchett

I. Woe unto you, Ironmongri and Haberdasheri; woe unto you, Millineri and Del Icatessen; woe unto you, Young Fashions, and unto you, you the bandits of Corsetry. And even unto you, Stationeri.
II. For the Store is but a Place inside the Outside.
III. Woe unto you, for Arnold Bros (est. 1905) has opened the Last Sale. Everything Must Go.
IV. But they mocked him and said, You are an Outsider, You don't even Exist.
From The Book of Nome, Goods Inward v.I-IV
- Terry Pratchett

Real magic is the hand around the bandsaw, the thrown spark in the powder keg, the dimension-warp linking you straight into the heart of a star, the flaming sword that burns all the way down to the pommel. Sooner juggle torches in a tar pit than mess with real magic. Sooner lie down in front of a thousand elephants.
- Terry Pratchett

Even in a dream, even at a posh ball, the Nac Mac Feegle knew how to behave. You charged in madly, and you screamed... politely.
"Lovely weather for the time o' year, is it not, ye wee scunner!"
"Hey, jimmy, ha' ye no got a
pommes frites for an ol'pal?"
"The band is playin' divinely, I dinna think!"
"Make my caviar deep-fried, wilya?

- Terry Pratchett

I enjoy playing the band as the band. I 'be' the whole band and I'm playing the drums, I'm playing the guitar, I'm playing the saxophone. To me, the most wonderful thing about playing music is that.
- Chick Corea

I'm definitely responsible for coming in with some basic chord changes, or ideas. Everybody in the band looks to me to come up with the basic seed, so it's not very productive to come in with nothing.
- Billy Corgan

Due to irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences, I am permanently leaving the band Audioslave. I wish the other three members nothing but the best in all of their future endeavours.
- Chris Cornell

Sharon went on to play classical but we actually went into totally different instruments which was lucky for the band because otherwise we'd all be playing the same thing!!
- Caroline Corr

I used to play the piano in the band, and so there's some horrendous scenes of me playing the keyboards.
- Caroline Corr

And I've played piano since I was little, so I was originally the piano player in the band.
- Caroline Corr

Big companies are like marching bands. Even if half the band is playing random notes, it still sounds kind of like music. The concealment of failure is built into them.
- Doug Coupland

Alcohol whipped me. Alcohol and I had many, many marvelous times together. We laughed, we talked, we danced at the party together; then one day I woke up and the band had gone home and I was lying in the broken glass with a shirt full of puke and I said, 'Hey, man, the ball game's up'.
- Harry Crews

The bands that wrote the big, heroic rock songs - I really wanted to make a record like that.
- Sheryl Crow

My love for the band is still there. It hasn't changed, maybe that's why it's so painful these days.
- Roger Daltrey

Even the bands I dig don't have a history of attaining mass consumption.
- Evan Dando

The Band is sounding real good. We've been doing some dates together and they've been going well.
- Rick Danko

You have to remember the band played from 1960 to 1965, every night. You get into a rut playing nightclubs every night, and you didn't want to run it into the ground.
- Rick Danko

The Band was always famous for its retirements; we'd go and play and get a little petty cash together, and then not see each other till it was time to fill our pockets up again.
- Rick Danko

Our fans make the band. What they give we give right back. They're an integral part of us. They ARE us.
- Jonathan Davis

When I joined the band, being that I was going to take this up as a profession, I realized that there were no two finer guitar players in the world that I'd rather play with.
- Michael Davis

I have a few personal ambitions for the band.
- John Deacon

The band was rejuvenated by that wonderful day. It breathed new life into us.
- John Deacon

When the band begins to get a name for themselves, and the writers get assigned to bands, they'll hit somebody who just doesn't like that kind of music, or they love hip hop but hate guitar rock.
- Kim Deal

But I was not in the band, because I suffer from the kind of tone deafness that is generally associated with actual deafness
- John Green

Wat happens in the band room stays in the band room
- John Green

Those of us who frequent the band room have long suspected that Becca maintains her lovely figure by eating nothing but the souls of kittens and the dreams of impoverished children.
- John Green

Because you simply cannot draw things out forever. At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid and it hurts, but then it's over and you're relieved.
- John Green

At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid and it hurts, but then it's over and you're relieved.
- John Green

The band would play on the night off for the local hotel bands and we'd back all the different acts. So I'd been advised by good friends of mine to come back to Hawaii. Oh, I loved Honolulu, playing at a place right on the beach at Waikiki!
- Martin Denny

Major labels blow all their money massively and blame it on the band.
- Bruce Dickinson

We wanted to guide the musicians, so we could create our own sound. We would never let the band just go in and play the chord sheets. We were very focused on what we had in mind for these productions.
- Lamont Dozier

But I remember feeling as a producer I felt like the guy who called the caterer and got the band; I had to work the party while everybody else was having a good time.
- Griffin Dunne

As much as I want to go out and tour every single day and I'm ready to rip it right now, there's five people in the band, there's five people who've evolved and grown and there's five people who have to get on the same page and want the same things, and it takes a lot to tour.
- Fred Durst

It was my band. I organized the band and Dizzy was in the band. Dizzy was the first musical director with the band. Charlie Parker was in the band. But, no, no, that was my band.
- Billy Eckstine

When you're playing music, say for instance, you're playing a part of the band and you're looking at your music, your horn is down into the stand. This way, it's up and it goes right on out to the audience, you know?
- Billy Eckstine

I pretty much ignored politics all through my 20's and 30's... I had other things on my mind... the band, finding a meaningful relationship, getting enough money to eat and pay the rent.
- Mark Edwards

We used to have our own plane with the band's name on the side. It was a dream come true. You drive to a local airport. There's none of this checking in stuff; you just get on the plane.
- Joe Elliott

I broke up the band in the office in Gerrard Street.
- Georgie Fame

So the bandwidth issue is definitely a big concern of ours.
- Shawn Fanning

Even if the music industry simply gave away all their music people would complain that they don't have the bandwidth to download all the stuff - the problem would merely shift from availability to distribution.
- Dan Farmer

I said that the only way I could have a band that would work in the format of my show is if the band were crap. So if I have a band they'd have to really suck.
- Craig Ferguson

I have worked long and hard to try to reduce my debts, and I am devastated that it came to this conclusion. I now intend to focus on the remaining dates of the Westlife tour and my commitments to the band before looking to rebuild a future for my wife, my three children and myself.
- Shane Filan

Who are you? the band sang. I tried to remember but I really couldn't say.
- Janet Fitch

...The band did a salute to Stephen Foster and played 'Beautiful Dreamer' and we formed a bed. Then we played 'My Old Kentucky Home' while the majorettes slowly pranced like horses. We finished with 'I Dream of Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair', we formed a comb. Miss Philpot is running out of ideas if you ask me.
- Fannie Flagg

I used to do this big rant at the end of some gigs with Ben Folds Five. The band broke into this big heavy metal thing and I started as a joke to scream in a heavy metal falsetto. I found myself saying things like: Feel my pain, I am white, feel my pain.
- Ben Folds

If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band; go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that too... And that would suck, but I'll do it. I can lose you like that, if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.
- Gayle Forman

What we used to say was whoever had the bow tie got to lead the band. There was never any jealousy.
- Pete Fountain

Our studio is kind of built into our home, so it's a place you can ramble, and we can do a pretty good recording here. The band is really comfortable her.
- Chris Frantz

We used to really feel like the band was our family.
- Chris Frantz

The guys in my band are good friends on and off the stage. The band members that I have now is probably the best band that I have ever had.
- Ace Frehley

Nobody told Don Henley or me that we were going to make it as solo artists, but I can speak for Don when I say that we are both really happy now that the band is not together.
- Glenn Frey

And if you are playing in several meters at once, there has to be a - not a rigid - but there definitely has to be a reference to a common pulse in the band.
- Robert Fripp

Even within the band, if I cannot manage to persuade the members of what I see to be the next course of action, how do you expect the group to deal with the expectations of thousands of people. It is not possible.
- Robert Fripp

The Indian danced on alone. The crowd clapped up the beat. The Indian danced with a chair. The crowd went crazy. The band faded. The crowd cheered. The Indian held up his hands for silence as if to make a speech. Looking at the band and then the crowd, the Indian said, Well, what're you waiting for? Let's DANCE.
- Robert Fulghum

When we moved to Seattle, everybody kind of disappeared into different corners of the city and it was a very difficult time for the band.
- Ben Gibbard

People from major labels were afraid to go to Black Flag gigs throughout most of the band's existence. They treated our gigs as something threatening. I'm sure that it probably was. They probably had reasons to be scared.
- Greg Ginn

As soon as it was understood that we could handle things in our own way, it was the thrill of my life to walk out on that stage with people just hemming the band in.
- Benny Goodman

I agree with the rest of the band, that a truly synthesized sound isn't really what I would want to go for.
- Mike Gordon

It creates a conflict of interest - what songs would I use for me, and what would I use for the band.
- Martin Gore

If it had remained always my band, my natural tendency would have been to get more complex and arrange things more and more. That wouldn't necessarily be good for Eddie, or anyone else in the band.
- Stone Gossard

There's been a lot of role reversal going on in the band. The roles people have been playing for a long time will always be there, but everybody's willing to try on different outfits.
- Stone Gossard

As I've said, I've never believed in God, which technically makes me an atheist (since the prefix "a" means "not" or "without"). But I have problems with the word "atheism." It defines what someone is not rather than what someone is. It would be like calling me an a-instrumentalist for Bad Religion rather than the band's singer. Defining yourself as against something says very little about what you are for.
- Greg Graffin

I opted out of the band.
- Lou Gramm

I have similar feelings, actually. The intimacy of a club: you can see the people, you can almost feel them; you can't beat that. People will say things, and shout out, it's almost like they're up on the bandstand with you.
- Benny Green

I was a good amateur but only an average professional. I soon realized that there was a limit to how far I could rise in the music business, so I left the band and enrolled at New York University.
- Alan Greenspan

The rest of the band were basically friends, So it was me following them around and begging them to let me be in their band for two or three years. And they finally let me in on the harmonica, actually, and then the keyboards, and finally the guitar.
- Jonny Greenwood

When I left Van Halen, I went in the studio and made a CD called Marching to Mars with all studio musicians. I did it immediately. With the disappointment riding on my shoulders of the breakup of the band.
- Sammy Hagar

I'm the one in the band that said I'm not going on tour unless we do a record.
- Eddie Van Halen

I was trying to take the band in a direction that I thought was appropriate, and Roth was trying to take the band in more of a Las Vegas direction. And there he is.
- Eddie Van Halen

Those bands, you plan your life around them. You plan vacations around concert dates. You save babysitting money for records. You live for those days when Creem magazine arrives in your dusty mailbox and you frantically flip through it for any information on your favorites. The bands, the musicians that you love, they love you back. And when they quit, when they fall apart, when they diethey ruin that future you thought they'd always be a part of.
- Karina Halle

The band couldn't have happened anywhere else in the world but New York. That was the catalyst.
- Jan Hammer

If I had to choose between the band or the friendships, I'd choose the friendships at this point.
- Kathleen Hanna

I like to think about stringing songs together like a string of pearls, or a string of beads, but ultimately it has to be stuff that really works with the band, and gives a spin to the older material.
- Emmylou Harris

I see myself as the buffer between the band and the record company.
- Jerry Harrison

I had previously been in the band the Modern Lovers with Jonathan Richman.
- Jerry Harrison

With me and Bill... I think we started out with $15 apiece and split the other $20 between the band.
- Bobby Hatfield

I love horns, and the bigger the band, the better it sounds to my ear.
- Levon Helm

The Band never really played big concert tours. We never sold millions and millions of albums.
- Levon Helm

By the time The Band did The Last Waltz, the chemistry had changed, and it wasn't a thrill anymore to live that studio kind of life.
- Levon Helm

When the second record came out, they started calling it The Band. I voted to call it The Crackers. I'm no fool.
- Levon Helm

I played some Yamaha drums that I like a lot. And I like the Yamaha people a lot too. They've been really nice to me and The Band.
- Levon Helm

The rock star stuff never came up for us. The Band was never attacked by groupies before, during or after any show that we ever played.
- Levon Helm

In fact, the bandits steal the drinks and assistance provided along the course. Worse, they cross the finish line and mess up the scoring of legitimate runners.
- Joe Henderson

When I left HEEP I didn't know what I wanted! It took me a long time to adjust to life away from the band and the only thing I knew was that I didn't want to repeat my mistakes!
- Ken Hensley

The band projects just took natural priority. I didn't really have a solo career, just wanted to share the music in another way and to learn more about writing, recording, etcetera.
- Ken Hensley

If you're the band leader you ask more of yourself than anyone else, so they tend to raise the bar for me.
- Kristin Hersh

We all enjoy the band and what we're doing, but we know this isn't gonna last forever.
- Shannon Hoon

I cringed as the band oozed into the next chord. If notes were cars, I think there was a D major under the wreckage.
- Mary Hughes

The relationship between 'My Chemical Romance' and Michael Pedicone is over. He was caught red-handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington. We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over this entire situation.
- Frank Iero

It's hard enough to make a good song and a good recording of that song. But to try to tailor it to some outside force is just like - It's never been a factor in what I've done or what the band's done.
- James Iha

So there was something of a learning curve with doing your own thing and people seeing you outside of the band. I mean, people have never really heard my voice before - or heard a whole record of mine before. So it was a completely new experience.
- James Iha

I mean I like pop music, and I like heavy music and, stuff that I like... the band I've signed on to our label right now; they're called The Sounds. They're kind of like a new-wave pop band.
- James Iha

The band set up in January and just started rehearsing. If there was a song, we'd just rehearse it as a band, and it would get arranged as a band, and it got changed around a lot.
- James Iha

Justice should remove the bandage from her eyes long enough to distinguish between the vicious and the unfortunate.
- Robert Green Ingersoll

It is the Band which unites the Interests of Individuals; it secures to them their respective Rights, and preserves them from Injuries; it is the Source of numberless Blessings, which are interrupted, or wholly vanish, the Moment it is disturbed.
- Charles Inglis

I think getting the rest of the guys in the band to write is important.
- Donnie Iris

I could not finish the rest of the tours the band had planned. I was replaced by Matt Cameron. The next years of my life were about recovery, healing, and right living. I never lost the need to create.
- Jack Irons

It was about this time that I began experiencing the beginnings of my battles with an anxiety disorder. We were touring a lot and there were some developing personal problems within the band.
- Jack Irons

We were playing a small club in San Diego and the power had gone out in the building. Eddie had a lighter and kept us lit backstage. We became very good friends and spent a lot of time together including hearing Eddie sing in some of the bands he was in at the time.
- Jack Irons

When a singer leaves a band, I believe the band loses something creatively and the fans are disappointed too.
- Ben Jackson

None of the other guys in the band really sang, so that's when I brought Roy Clark in.
- Wanda Jackson

I just wanted to be a part of the band. Actually, that's what inspired me.
- Jam Master Jay

I wanted to make the kind of records that I heard in the discos that I danced in at that time. Funky, electronic sounds, while the musicians in the band were more rock oriented. This I suppose created the sound we know as Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
- Holly Johnson

I'm my own worst critic and I think everyone in the band is a perfectionist.
- Adam Jones

All the art for Tool is done by the me and the band.
- Adam Jones

With four perfectionists in the band, we have a hard time reaching perfection.
- Adam Jones

Like all bands, the first two albums are always the ones most written about, and the most covered. When a band gets to their third of fourth album, the story of the band has already been told.
- Kelly Jones

I believe men belong in the garage, because that's where the dog food is kept. And the band is kept there.
- Jarod Kintz

The bands of color in a rainbow remind me of my band, Bands of Color. We're not very musical, but we sure are bright.
- Jarod Kintz

The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
- Meir Kahane

If this war is not fought with the greatest brutality against the bands both in the East and in the Balkans then in the foreseeable future the strength at our disposal will not be sufficient to be able to master this plague.
- Wilhelm Keitel

He said, 'Jasmine actually seemed like part of the band tonight.'" A smile twitched his lips. "Then he questioned his sanity.
- Tara Kelly

Some of the wise boys who say my music is loud, blatant and that's all should see the faces of the kids who have driven a hundred miles through the snow to see the band... to stand in front of the bandstand in an ecstasy all their own.
- Stan Kenton

There's always some promoter having an '80s night, saying, We'll supply the band. All you can drink.
- Nik Kershaw

Also, we're all actually different blood types and we have one represented by each guy in the band.
- Anthony Kiedis

We worked as a team... I was one of the band.
- Jonathan King

The biggest problem in rock journalism is that often the writer's main motivation is to become friends with the band. They're not really journalists; they're people who want to be involved in rock and roll.
- Chuck Klosterman

Oh, sure, they'd insisted I take Washington Wife class after I'd inadvertently insulted the Prime Minster of England, but how could I have known he wasn't willing to admit that the Rolling Stones weren't half the band Aerosmith was and never would be?
- Gini Koch

When you are in a band for a number of years you loose your identity in a way. You become a part of that band and then all of a sudden you are not part of that band. You are still the band without the other two members.
- Greg Lake

We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops.
- Simon Lebon

The chances of a reunion now are less likely. I was thinking of having a 40th anniversary of the band, but now they are really another band, so it's all a bit weird.
- Alvin Lee

I am Evanescence. I am the only original member. I have basically hired the band. Evanescence has become me. It is mine and it's exactly how I want it to be.
- Amy Lee

I couldn't put my finger on one reason why we broke up. It was time, and we were spreading out. They were spreading out more than I was. I would've stayed with the band.
- Ringo Starr

And the White Album is important to me for different reasons. One - I had left the band on the White Album.
- Ringo Starr

In a way, it's my way of dealing with, finding closure with Grateful Dead music, and giving thanks in a way to Jerry and Bob and all the guys in the band for making up this wonderful music.
- Phil Lesh

Because, first of all, we were becoming aware during that tour that there was a group of people that was following the band around, and they weren't interested in coming in to the shows, they were just interested in hangin' out outside and tryin' to break in.
- Phil Lesh

Of course, we didn't survive to play all the way through the '90s, so I can say that - as I said, everybody in the band was aware of this, and we trying to figure out ways to make it different.
- Phil Lesh

When the band would leave the stage, and then the audience would just take over, and keep the groove goin'.
- Phil Lesh

A very common thing these days is people show up and they ask us in the band to sign with a Sharpie right on their skin and they go get it tattooed the next day. Then they'll show up at another show and they'll have their tattoo.
- Jared Leto

I'd say we do reach somewhat of a younger audience, but I think for the most part that younger audience is picking our music up from a brother or sister or even parent, who is turning them onto the band.
- Alex Lifeson

Dweezil and I are going on tour with the band probably starting in the middle of February for a month probably playing a few songs from my new record and then I'll continue on after that tour.
- Lisa Loeb

The band of robbers wants the exploited to be honest and respect money.
- Jack London

I've been through this fame thing before, when the band was big in '80, '81.
- John Lurie

At the age of three my grand aunt proclaimed her independence by categorically refusing to have her feet bound, resolutely tearing off the bandages as fast as they were applied.
- Adeline Yen Mah

Anyone interested in the world generally can't help being interested in young adult culture - in the music, the bands, the books, the fashions, and the way in which the young adult community develops its own language.
- Margaret Mahy

At the end of the day, though, the band members have to be strong. It's down to the individuals in the unit. Listen to me, I'm talking like I'm in the army and this is my squadron.
- Shirley Manson

I am laughably aggressive, and the rest of the band is very laid back, so we mix well.
- Shirley Manson

Our first gig was a battle of the bands. We did 45 minutes of comedy and never played a note - and we won!
- Cheech Marin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...