Skip to main content

Get Drunk Quotes

What's the difference between bulimics and anorexics?" I ask. "Anorexics are anorexics all the time," she says, "I'm only bulimic when I'm throwing up." Wow. She sounds just like my dad! "I'm only an alcoholic when I get drunk." There are all kinds of addicts, I guess. We all have pain. And we all look for ways to make the pain go away. Penelope gorges on her pain and then throws it up and flushes it away. My dad drinks his pain away. (107)
- Sherman Alexie

I can't believe he didn't have the dignity and presence of mind just to get drunk and pass out in some gutter," said Jace. "I must say, I'm disappointed in the little fellow.
- Cassandra Clare

Im's offspring stare at stars and make clocks that calculate useless happenings like the angle of a hawk's claws as it strikes its prey. They demonstrate their contraptions and everyone marvels. My children get drunk, confuse a herd of cows with an enemy regiment, and slaughter the lot, screaming like lunatics until the entire army panics.
- Ilona Andrews

Do It Under the Influence Yourself! That's what we're shooting for! Get drunk and make your dreams come true.
- Aziz Ansari

Half of them kept repeating my name, trying to get it right, while the other half laughed.
But they were harmless. Fun drunks make a nice addition to any party: Not looking to fight. Not looking to score. Just looking to get drunk and laugh.
I remember those guys. Like the mascots of the party.
Clay! Whatcha doon here? Bah-ha-ha-ha!
- Jay Asher

Fun drunks make a nice addition to any party. Not looking to fight. Not looking to score. Just looking to get drunk and laugh.
- Jay Asher

This is where Wulf's people would get drunk and party for a week. All hail the Vikings, forerunners to the frat boys! (Chris)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

It is time to get drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of Time, get drunk; get drunk without stopping! On wine, on poetry, or on virtue, as you wish.
- Charles Baudelaire

So that you may not be the martyred slaves of Time,
get drunk, get drunk,
and never pause for rest!
With wine, poetry, or virtue,
as you choose!
- Charles Baudelaire

So as not to feel the terrible burden of TIme that breaks your shoulders and bends you towards the earth, you must get drunk without respite. But drunk on what? On wine, on poetry, or on virtue, as you like. but get drunk.
- Charles Baudelaire

One should always be drunk. That's all that matters...But with what? With wine, with poetry, or with virtue, as you chose. But get drunk.
- Charles Baudelaire

In order not to feel time's horrid fardel bruise your shoulders, grinding you into the earth, get drunk and stay that way. On what? On wine, poetry, virtue, whatever. But get drunk!
- Charles Baudelaire

With wine, poetry, or virtue
as you choose.
But get drunk.
- Charles Baudelaire

What are you going to do with the money Anne? Let's all go up town and get drunk!
- L M Montgomery

And always, if he had a little money, a man could get drunk. The hard edges gone, and the warmth. Then there was no loneliness, for a man could people his brain with friends, and he could find his enemies and destroy them.
- John Steinbeck

It is sometimes necessary for each person. Fill up with delicious food, get drunk, sing loudly and chat frivolously.
- Haruki Murakami

Love, with very young people, is a heartless business. We drink at that age from thirst, or to get drunk; it is only later in life that we occupy ourselves with the individuality of our wine.
- Isak Dinesen

I'm apt to get drunk on words...Ontology: the word about the essence of things; the word about being.
- Madeleine L Engle

...because really, sometimes the irony gods just get drunk.
- Libba Bray

It's not a crime to get drunk.
- Joe Bob Briggs

I went to the worst of bars hoping to get killed but all I could do was to get drunk again.
- Charles Bukowski

and now sometimes I'm interviewed, they want to hear about
life and literature and I get drunk and hold up my cross-eyed,
shot, runover de-tailed cat and I say,"look, look
at this!"
but they don't understand, they say something like,"you
say you've been influenced by Celine?"
no," I hold the cat up,"by what happens, by
things like this, by this, by this!
- Charles Bukowski

I'm not a fan of reality shows, but I am a fan of people who use their brains and skills and hard work to outsmart people, not to steal someone's man or get drunk on TV.
- Sandra Bullock

Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication.
- George Byron

Man, being reasonable, must get drunk; the best of life is but intoxication.
- Lord Byron

I think a man ought to get drunk at least twice a year just on principle, so he won't let himself get snotty about it.
- Raymond Chandler

I have been brought up and trained to have the utmost contempt for people who get drunk.
- Winston Churchill

But from now on let's try to be careful when we're around people I know. You won't sketch them and I won't Mace them. We'll just try to relax and get drunk.
- Hunter S Thompson

The thing I'd really like to see is the old London Bridge, with all the old buildings around it like Shakespeare's Globe. I'd like to walk along that. Don't worry, I won't get drunk and fall in.
- Alan Davies

Life on the road can get a little one-dimensional. I didn't want to reach 40 and have to say all I'd done was look out the window of a tour bus and get drunk.
- Bruce Dickinson

Your life changes. Everything has to be done perfectly, and I didn't follow that. I lived my life as if I wasn't in the public eye. I thought, 'I'm young. I have the right to experience new things, and if I want to go to a bar and get drunk, that's my prerogative.'
- Shannen Doherty

Instructions for Adam
Look after no one except yourself. Go to university and make lots of friends and get drunk. Forget your door keyes. Laugh. Eat pot-noodles for breakfast. Miss lectures. Be irresponsible.
- Jenny Downham

Because of the high altitude, you get drunk really fast. So everyone's drunk all the time.
- Clea Duvall

I think if you're fame-hungry, go out to a nightclub and get drunk... why do that? I don't understand how some people would want fame so bad that they'd go out and get negative attention to earn it.
- Zac Efron

Part of me knows that prayer is essential; another part of me would rather turn on the TV and check out. And that whole bit about being long-suffering-no way. Part of me wants to just get drunk.
- John Eldredge

When I went out on tour as Bing Hitler I would hook up with Lenny and we'd get drunk together. He was always very supportive. He was a big star and a lot of what he said to me had power and impact. Apart from that, I just like him.
- Craig Ferguson

As long as we are children, we have the ability to experience things around us--but then we grow used to the world. To grow up is to get drunk on sensory experience.
- Jostein Gaarder

What will you do now?'
I think I will become a monk and devote my entire life to prayer and good works.'
No,' said Rek. 'I mean, what will you do today?'
Ah! Today I'll get drunk and go whoring,' said Bowman.
- David Gemmell

Today I could like anybody," said Rek, smiling. "The sky is clear, the wind is fresh, and life tastes very fine. What will you do now?"
"I think I will become a monk and devote my entire life to prayer and good works."
"No," said Rek. "I mean, what will you do today?"
"Ah! Today I'll get drunk and go whoring," said Bowman.
- David Gemmell

I've been drinking tequila for a long time now, and it's never been about drinking to get drunk. I don't do that. I never drink tequila during the day, and I don't drive at night.
- Sammy Hagar

I hate crowds of people pretending to be happy on one night of the year, where they get drunk and obnoxious by the end of the night.
- Kenny Hickey

Do you find it easy to get drunk on words?"
"So easy that, to tell you the truth, I am seldom perfectly sober.
- Dorothy L Sayers

I was relying on Suliman being alive.THen when all that seemed to be left of him was Percival, I was so scared I had to go out and get drunk. And then you go and play into the Witch's hand!" "I'm the eldest!" Sophie shrieked. "I'm a failure!" "Garbage!" Howl shouted. "You just never stop to think!
- Diana Wynne Jones

A fuel pump is a fountain drink machine for cars. And people who want to save the environment and get drunk and run to work.
- Jarod Kintz

Ray would be in trouble, he would get drunk, he would try and kill J.R on three different occasions, he would make mistakes with financial affairs, and have various human problems, but he didn't have any mean bones in his body! That was a little bit of what the show was about.
- Steve Kanaly

As far as I'm concerned the only thing to do is sit in a room and get drunk
- Jack Kerouac

Clubs are so lame. Nobody even dances at these clubs. They stand around and get drunk and they schmooze. There is no enjoyment factor.
- Shia Labeouf

I don't give a damn what you do with your money. Just sign here that you received it and you can get drunk in peace.
- Stieg Larsson

Yeah, that came out of a reading. It was great. It's such a fun crew to be with, and we all went out the night before and that really encouraged us to go out and get drunk.
- John Leguizamo

It pays to get drunk with the best people.
- Joe E Lewis

Of course we got drunk!" Semyon said. "It's okay to get drunk, Anton. If you need to real bad. Only you have to get drunk on vodka. Cognac and winethat's all for the heart."
"So what's vodka for?"
"For the soul. If it's hurting real bad
- Sergei Lukyanenko

If I'm not the one thing you can't stand to lose,
If I'm not that arrow to the heart of you,
If you don't get drunk on my kiss,
If you think you can do better than this then I guess we're done.
Let's not drag this on,
Consider me gone..
- Reba Mcentire

Of course I get drunk, my brain is only the size of a walnut.
- Mark Mckinney

Do you know the Guardians?" I asked Zay. "Is there some kind of club or yearly get-together where Guardians get drunk, wear funny hats, and compare war stories?
- Devon Monk

In the long term everyone traffics in foregone conclusions, and in the short term they just get drunk. This is the way it has always been. Some half-assed ambiguity masquerading as mystery is all anybody's really looking for.
- Paul Neilan

...maybe I've just read too many novels. In novels, alcoholics are always attractive and fuuny and charming and complex, like Sebastian Flyte or ABe North in Tender in the Night, and they're drinking because of a deep, unquenchable sadness of the soul, or the terrible legacy of the First World War, whereas I just get drunk because I'm thirsty, and I like the taste of lager..
- David Nicholls

Do not get yourself arrested, you hear?" she urged. "I am not going to bail your butt out of jail, mister."
"Now who's goin' all old geezer, huh?" He snorted. "I'm gonna get drunk and pass out on my bed at home. Haven't done that for so long I can't remember."
"Probably a reason for that, Beck. You're killing brain cells, and you don't have that many to spare.
- Jana Oliver

Need 'nether whiskey. Whiskey chaser. Gotta get two men drunk.'
Mr. Cohan placed both hands on the bar. 'Mr. Walsh,' he said severely, 'in Gavagan's we will serve a man a drink to wet his whistle, or even because his old woman has pasted him with a dornick, but a drink to get drunk with I do not sell. Now I'm telling you you've had enough for tonight, and in the morning you'll be thanking me...' ("My Brother's Keeper")
- Fletcher Pratt

To get the best out of life here...Good grief. There's plenty of it about, so indulge. Give yourself some thing to remember. Fall in love. Fall out of love. Gamble. Get drunk. See how long you can stay awake. Go for long walks at night. Discover what you're afraid of doing, and then do it.
- Philip Pullman

I might get drunk one day and fall in love or fall over a hooker outside, and I would have consummated a relationship that I couldn't necessarily believe in.
- Oliver Reed

The smell was like chocolate and cookies and biscuits and gravy and everything else that was delicious. It damn near drove me crazy every time I had to touch one. I'd been fighting the cravings the way I'd never fought the urge to take drugs or get drunk.
- Diana Rowland

There isn't a nightclub in the world that you can sit in for a long time unless you can at least buy some liquor and get drunk. Or unless you're with some girl that really knocks you out.
- J D Salinger

...never fall asleep in a Dumpster, never underestimate a bee, never drive a convertible behind a flatbed truck, never get old, never get drunk near a train, and never, under any circumstances, cut off your air supply while masturbating.
- David Sedaris

I get drunk writing words. I don't drink or do drugs, but I get so carried away with writing that I get inebriated from it.
- John Shirley

I didn't care about anything. And there's a freedom in apathy, a wild, dizzying liberation on which you can almost get drunk. You can do anything. Ask Kevin.
- Lionel Shriver

And there's a freedom in apathy, a wild, dizzying liberation on which you can almost get drunk.
- Lionel Shriver

I had been out of the game for too long. I couldn't even get drunk and flirt anymore. I could however, get drunk and look like a stroke victim.
- Tara Sivec

If a woman earned a dollar by scrubbing, her husband had a right to take the dollar and go and get drunk with it and beat her afterwards. It was his dollar.
- Lucy Stone

I could get drunk and run around Nashville naked. But I won't because I want to set a good example for my fans. I think they deserve to have a role model.
- Taylor Swift

I seem finally to have stopped worrying about Elinor, and age. She seems now to be perfectly normal -- about twenty-five, a witty control freak. I like her but I can see how she would drive you mad. She's just the sort of person you'd want to get drunk, just to make her giggling and silly.
- Emma Thompson

Get drunk, Austin, have a love affair. It would be a tragedy to die and discover that you hadn't completely used up your body.
- Jane Urquhart

Unfortunately, a lot of people are stupid. They take drugs. They get drunk and do all the wrong things in life. I just played it straight.
- Bobby Vinton

Sometimes I just think depression's one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, some people get depressed. Because there's so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it.
- Ned Vizzini

I don't know how much of it is really chemical. Sometimes I just think depression's one way of coping with the world. Like, some people get drunk, some people do drugs, some people get depressed. Because there's so much stuff out there that you have to do something to deal with it.
- Ned Vizzini

And so tonight we're going to make the lie true, and when that's done, I'll bring the liquor back here and we'll get drunk together, here, tonight, in this place that death has come into..
- Tennessee Williams

the only way to tolerate the thought of her mother sleeping with that man was to get drunk-very drunk.
- Cecily Von Ziegesar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Contact Quotes

If you must eat a banana in public, never make eye contact. - Darynda Jones I hope the two of you will descend from your love bubble long enough to learn something today," he sniped cuttingly and the other kids snickered. Embarrassed, I ducked my head to avoid eye contact with them. "It's all right, sir," Xavier replied. "The bubble's been engineered to allow us to learn from within it. - Alexandra Adornetto The trick is not to make eye contact. They don't charge if you don't make eye contact. - Sarah Addison Allen I'm Emma. I'm here to make you see the meaning of your life. Her exalted words were totally conquered by her dragging tone and lack of eye contact. - Debra Anastasia I glanced at Derek. The boy wonder didn't melt into a pile of goo, although his gaze was glued to Rowena's chest. Avoiding eye contact. Good strategy. - Ilona Andrews So just look mean and don't make eye contact with anyone. (Syn) Gee, hon, you take m

I Did It My Way Quotes

And now, the end is near, And so I face the final curtain. My friend, I'll say it clear, I'll state my case, of which I'm certain. I've lived a life that's full. I've traveled each and every highway; And more, much more than this, I did it my way. - Frank Sinatra You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way. - Johnny Cash Every comedian dreams of hosting 'The Tonight Show' and, for seven months, I got to. I did it my way, with people I love, and I do not regret a second. - Conan Obrien It doesn't matter that I didn't win a trophy because I did it my way and I lived the dream. - Alan Shearer

Into The Wild Quotes

You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself. - Alan Alda The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. - Alan Alda And I'm going to tell the truth: I didn't like that Sean Penn movie Into the Wild so much. Yes! I know it was critically acclaimed. I know it won all these awards! It's very sad that a boy is dead and all. But I thought the movie Enchanted, with the singing princess and the chipmunk and the people dancing in Central Park, was cuter. So there! - Meg Cabot Communing with God is communing with our own hearts, our own best selves, not with something foreign and accidental. Saints and devotees have gone into the wilderness to find God; of course they took God with them, and the silence and detachment enabled them to hear the still, small