If I didn't get a job, between 16 and 18, that wasn't significant, I was just going to go to college. I didn't want to be a struggling actor at 36 with five kids, doing something I hated. You see the story so much. It's such a vicious business to be in when you're not meant to be in it.
- Jessica Alba
I moved to Chicago in 1980 to go to college.
- Steve Albini
My mom didn't want me to go to college. She didn't want me to read - when I read, I may as well have been holding a pineapple.
- Lynda Barry
Stupid people go to college but"smart people own them"...
- Chetan Bhagat
I grew up below the poverty line; I didn't have as much as other people did. I think it made me stronger as a person, it built my character. Now I have a 4.0 grade point average and I want to go to college, and just become a better person.
- Justin Bieber
cas, superheroes go to college too" " I'm not a superhero mum
- Kendare Blake
It was always assumed that I would go to college.
- Paul D Boyer
You think you're paying your dollar for a chance at the $6.2 million jackpot on Saturday, but really you're paying for the pleasure of the car ride home, deciding which credit card to pay off first and where your kid will suddenly be able to go to college.
- Kelly Braffet
I was the youngest of seven kids and I would not have been able to go to college without an athletic scholarship.
- Scott Brooks
They were often the first students in their family to go to college and the very idea of higher education was still foreign to them. They had to make a conscious and often difficult decision to come to college.
- Michael N Castle
These ivy league students are in the upper echelon of the college boards and had great opportunity in front of them regardless of where they go to college. Its in their very nature and it is something they expect.
- Michael N Castle
I'm the first person in my family to go to college.
- Jessica Chastain
If you think the President was right to open the doors of American opportunity to young immigrants brought here as children who want to go to college or serve in the military, you should vote for Barack Obama.
- William J Clinton
Go to college. Have a lot of babies. Break a lot of hearts. And realize every minute of it.
- Adam Selzer
If you want to be a doctor, a lawyer you must go to college. But if you want to be a musician or such, study your craft. Study music.
- Billy Eckstine
I plan to go to college in Southampton, a fishery studies college. Again, my brother was down there about two years ago and he said it was great, so I'm looking forward to that.
- Tom Felton
My last son is leaving to go to college; my grandchildren are being born. My mother is living with me.
- Sally Field
I want to go to college and go back to Georgetown. It's a really cool place.
- Bobby Flay
And now life has become the future. Every moment of your life is lived for the future-you go to high school so you can go to college so you can get a good job so you can get nice house.
- Ellen Hopkins
I grew up in a home and in a world in which you can do anything. We were all expected to go to college. My father was a doctor.
- David Alan Grier
I love the idea that we put in jokes the kids don't get. And that later, when they grow up and read a few books and go to college and watch the show again, they can get it on a completely different level.
- Matt Groening
That was the time he tried to tell her that she had to leave the valley and go to college. I believe the edited for TV version of her response was something like Fudge you, you're not my gosh-darn alpha anymore. You don't tell me to leave the fudging pack. Now, get the fudge away from me before I ripe your--' What? It was funny at the time.
- Molly Harper
My mother keeps things in perspective for me. She makes me realize that the acting I do and love is no more important than what one of my brothers does-he works in a shoe repair shop. If my career ever tapers off, I'll go to college.
- Dana Hill
I like school very much, and I'll go to college if my career slows down. But kids go to college to be where I am today. Not to put college down, but for me, it would be digressing.
- Dana Hill
I was a pitcher, shortstop and outfielder, and the Yankees tried to sign me out of high school as a first-round draft pick in 1981. I turned them down to go to college.
- Bo Jackson
I want to go to college, obviously go to London and just kind of figure out the rest of my life.
- Shawn Johnson
One day, my youngest uncle - the other one who was first to go to college, Randy - and I were sitting out on the front porch. And he was brilliant. He ended up - he just retired from Boeing Aircraft in Wichita, Kansas.
- James Earl Jones
My youngest uncle Randy and I were the first members of our entire family to ever go to college.
- James Earl Jones
I didn't really escape that gravity until I moved 300 miles south to go to college at 18, where authorship no longer seemed something liable to induce vengeful punishment.
- David Knopfler
At this point I was strongly advised that I was too young socially to go to college so I took a second senior year at Andover, another boarding school.
- William Standish Knowles
Look at all the marriages that have been wonderfully successful where fellows finished their army service and came home to go to college on G.I. bills and their wives worked.
- Marta Kristen
He wanted to be a lawyer, couldn't afford it, so he started dealing to go to college - good intention.
- John Leguizamo
I did try to go to college and try to be an English major.
- Hamish Linklater
Athletes who take to the classroom naturally or are encouraged to focus on grades should be able to do well in the classroom. I believe the reason you go to college is to get your degree. It's not a minor league or an audition for the pros.
- Rebecca Lobo
Every year, some 65,000 high school students - many of them star students and leaders in their communities - are unable to go to college or get a good job because they have no legal status.
- Gary Locke
Where I grew up in Dallas, things might be a little more traditional. People have the same things in mind. They're supposed to grow up, go to college, get a job, get married, and have children, grandchildren. That's the world I grew up in.
- Lisa Loeb
People go to college to find who they are as a person and find what they want to do in life, and I kind of already know that so it would be like I'd be taking a step back or something.
- Lindsay Lohan
I didn't go to college, I went straight from high school to working on I'll Fly Away, I was very, very lucky.
- Jeremy London
I didn't go to college.
- Shelby Lynne
My sister started acting professionally when she was twelve, but I wanted to go to college first.
- Rooney Mara
Mom says,'What are you going to do when it's time to go to college?' I choose not to think about that yet. That is years away. For now, I just watn things all safe and familiar. My life may not be perfect, but it is what I have known.
- Ann M Martin
I thought I would, you know, go to college, get to law school, finish, and then get a job and work as a lawyer, but that proved to be not a good fit for me.
- Demetri Martin
And my father didn't have money for me to go to college. And at that particular time they didn't have black quarterbacks, and I don't think I could have made it in basketball, because I was only 5' 11. So I just picked baseball.
- Willie Mays
...you, the privileged, the chosen, the pampered, with nothing to do but go to school, hang out, do a little studying, go to college, get into a money-making racket, grow into your fat forties, still whining, still complaining, when there are millions around the world who'd offer fingers and toes to be in your seats, nicely clothed, well fed, with the world by the balls.
- Frank Mccourt
I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.
- Al Mcguire
October is a fine and dangerous season in America. a wonderful time to begin anything at all. You go to college, and every course in the catalogue looks wonderful.
- Thomas Merton
It was just expected that I would go to college. Both my parents are teachers and they tolerated acting, but I was going to go to a school of quality or bust. Which made my downshifting back to acting afterward a little difficult.
- Wentworth Miller
I want to go to college to study journalism. I want to speak French fluently, to travel. My mom was a journalist and it's in my blood.
- Mandy Moore
It never occurred to me that I wouldn't go to college and have a career - as well as a family - of my own. Both my parents, but especially my mother, encouraged me and led me to believe that it was possible.
- Dee Dee Myers
More than anything else, I miss the hope. In jail, we we had the hope that we might get out, go to college, have fun, go to the movies. I am twenty-seven. I don't know what it means to love. I don't want to be secret and hidden forever. I want to know, to know who this Nassrin is.You'd call it the ordeal of freedom, I guess.
- Azar Nafisi
When it came time to go to college, I had been accepted for Harvard when my father was offered the position of head of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company office on the west coast, and we moved to San Francisco.
- Douglass North
Usually, girls weren't encouraged to go to college and major in math and science. My high school calculus teacher, Ms. Paz Jensen, made math appealing and motivated me to continue studying it in college.
- Ellen Ochoa
I think about my choice. Either outcome is bleak. If I stay and live through high school, go to college, get a job, what will ever change? This blackness inside will never go away. I don't make friends; I'll always be alone. If I go, at least there's hope of peace. Chance of a new and better life on the other side.
- Julie Anne Peters
When kids made a decision for themselves they have a vested interest in showing they were right. Lee wanted to prove to me that he had made the right choice so he worked hard and did well. If we'd forced him to go to college somewhere else all the incentives would've been different. Then he would have had a motive to prove that we were wrong.
- Cokie Roberts
I went to visit my father to tell him that I was going to go to college and become an architect - that was my dream. I was like, yeah I graduated from school, but it's not like you showed up for that. But all he was worried about is whether or not I wanted money from him.
- Jake Roberts
If you're black, you got to look at America a little bit different. You got to look at America like the uncle who paid for you to go to college, but who molested you.
- Chris Rock
I had this whole plan when I graduated high school: I was going to go to college, date a few guys, and then meet THE guy at the end of my freshman year, maybe at the beginning of my sophomore year. We'd be engaged by graduation and married the next year. And then, after some traveling, we'd start our family. Four kids, three years apart. I wanted to be done by the time I was 35.
- Rainbow Rowell
You go to college not only for the latest knowledge but also to meet people from different backgrounds. That's the genius of the American higher-education system compared with the Europeans'. We don't simply skim the elite.
- Donna Shalala
She was the first person on either side of her family to go to college, and she held herself to insanely high standards. She worried a lot about whether she was good enough. It was surprising to see how relieved she seemed whenever I told her how amazing she was. I wanted her to feel strong and free. She was beautiful when she was free.
- Rob Sheffield
We also knew it would be difficult, because of the financial condition of the family, for me to go to college.
- Alan Shepard
I'd definitely like to go to college some day.
- Kiernan Shipka
I am a firm believer in education and have worked very hard to tell young Latinos that they must go to college and that, if possible, they should pursue an advanced degree. I am convinced that education is the great equalizer.
- Jimmy Smits
It's a hard process to navigate... to figure out where your kid ought to go to college.
- Margaret Spellings
I want to go to college. I'm going to take four years off. I don't want to miss that. I want to be a writer. I think that'd be awesome.
- Kristen Stewart
Some girls have to go to college to discover what they are good at; some are born doing what they must without even truly knowing why. I felt a hole in my heart shaped like a dark door I needed to guard.
- Catherynne M Valente
A lot of people at Shearson ended up making a lot of money because they had stock or stock options. Their kids were able to go to college, and it changed a lot of people's lives.
- Sanford I Weill
I've wanted to act since I was little, but my parents told me I couldn't pursue it until after college. The understanding was that I was lucky enough to be able to go to college and that it's important to being successful in life.
- Allison Williams
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
- Frank Zappa
My early childhood prepared me to be a social psychologist. I grew up in a South Bronx ghetto in a very poor family. From Sicilian origin, I was the first person in my family to complete high school, let alone go to college.
- Philip Zimbardo
- Jessica Alba
I moved to Chicago in 1980 to go to college.
- Steve Albini
My mom didn't want me to go to college. She didn't want me to read - when I read, I may as well have been holding a pineapple.
- Lynda Barry
Stupid people go to college but"smart people own them"...
- Chetan Bhagat
I grew up below the poverty line; I didn't have as much as other people did. I think it made me stronger as a person, it built my character. Now I have a 4.0 grade point average and I want to go to college, and just become a better person.
- Justin Bieber
cas, superheroes go to college too" " I'm not a superhero mum
- Kendare Blake
It was always assumed that I would go to college.
- Paul D Boyer
You think you're paying your dollar for a chance at the $6.2 million jackpot on Saturday, but really you're paying for the pleasure of the car ride home, deciding which credit card to pay off first and where your kid will suddenly be able to go to college.
- Kelly Braffet
I was the youngest of seven kids and I would not have been able to go to college without an athletic scholarship.
- Scott Brooks
They were often the first students in their family to go to college and the very idea of higher education was still foreign to them. They had to make a conscious and often difficult decision to come to college.
- Michael N Castle
These ivy league students are in the upper echelon of the college boards and had great opportunity in front of them regardless of where they go to college. Its in their very nature and it is something they expect.
- Michael N Castle
I'm the first person in my family to go to college.
- Jessica Chastain
If you think the President was right to open the doors of American opportunity to young immigrants brought here as children who want to go to college or serve in the military, you should vote for Barack Obama.
- William J Clinton
Go to college. Have a lot of babies. Break a lot of hearts. And realize every minute of it.
- Adam Selzer
If you want to be a doctor, a lawyer you must go to college. But if you want to be a musician or such, study your craft. Study music.
- Billy Eckstine
I plan to go to college in Southampton, a fishery studies college. Again, my brother was down there about two years ago and he said it was great, so I'm looking forward to that.
- Tom Felton
My last son is leaving to go to college; my grandchildren are being born. My mother is living with me.
- Sally Field
I want to go to college and go back to Georgetown. It's a really cool place.
- Bobby Flay
And now life has become the future. Every moment of your life is lived for the future-you go to high school so you can go to college so you can get a good job so you can get nice house.
- Ellen Hopkins
I grew up in a home and in a world in which you can do anything. We were all expected to go to college. My father was a doctor.
- David Alan Grier
I love the idea that we put in jokes the kids don't get. And that later, when they grow up and read a few books and go to college and watch the show again, they can get it on a completely different level.
- Matt Groening
That was the time he tried to tell her that she had to leave the valley and go to college. I believe the edited for TV version of her response was something like Fudge you, you're not my gosh-darn alpha anymore. You don't tell me to leave the fudging pack. Now, get the fudge away from me before I ripe your--' What? It was funny at the time.
- Molly Harper
My mother keeps things in perspective for me. She makes me realize that the acting I do and love is no more important than what one of my brothers does-he works in a shoe repair shop. If my career ever tapers off, I'll go to college.
- Dana Hill
I like school very much, and I'll go to college if my career slows down. But kids go to college to be where I am today. Not to put college down, but for me, it would be digressing.
- Dana Hill
I was a pitcher, shortstop and outfielder, and the Yankees tried to sign me out of high school as a first-round draft pick in 1981. I turned them down to go to college.
- Bo Jackson
I want to go to college, obviously go to London and just kind of figure out the rest of my life.
- Shawn Johnson
One day, my youngest uncle - the other one who was first to go to college, Randy - and I were sitting out on the front porch. And he was brilliant. He ended up - he just retired from Boeing Aircraft in Wichita, Kansas.
- James Earl Jones
My youngest uncle Randy and I were the first members of our entire family to ever go to college.
- James Earl Jones
I didn't really escape that gravity until I moved 300 miles south to go to college at 18, where authorship no longer seemed something liable to induce vengeful punishment.
- David Knopfler
At this point I was strongly advised that I was too young socially to go to college so I took a second senior year at Andover, another boarding school.
- William Standish Knowles
Look at all the marriages that have been wonderfully successful where fellows finished their army service and came home to go to college on G.I. bills and their wives worked.
- Marta Kristen
He wanted to be a lawyer, couldn't afford it, so he started dealing to go to college - good intention.
- John Leguizamo
I did try to go to college and try to be an English major.
- Hamish Linklater
Athletes who take to the classroom naturally or are encouraged to focus on grades should be able to do well in the classroom. I believe the reason you go to college is to get your degree. It's not a minor league or an audition for the pros.
- Rebecca Lobo
Every year, some 65,000 high school students - many of them star students and leaders in their communities - are unable to go to college or get a good job because they have no legal status.
- Gary Locke
Where I grew up in Dallas, things might be a little more traditional. People have the same things in mind. They're supposed to grow up, go to college, get a job, get married, and have children, grandchildren. That's the world I grew up in.
- Lisa Loeb
People go to college to find who they are as a person and find what they want to do in life, and I kind of already know that so it would be like I'd be taking a step back or something.
- Lindsay Lohan
I didn't go to college, I went straight from high school to working on I'll Fly Away, I was very, very lucky.
- Jeremy London
I didn't go to college.
- Shelby Lynne
My sister started acting professionally when she was twelve, but I wanted to go to college first.
- Rooney Mara
Mom says,'What are you going to do when it's time to go to college?' I choose not to think about that yet. That is years away. For now, I just watn things all safe and familiar. My life may not be perfect, but it is what I have known.
- Ann M Martin
I thought I would, you know, go to college, get to law school, finish, and then get a job and work as a lawyer, but that proved to be not a good fit for me.
- Demetri Martin
And my father didn't have money for me to go to college. And at that particular time they didn't have black quarterbacks, and I don't think I could have made it in basketball, because I was only 5' 11. So I just picked baseball.
- Willie Mays
...you, the privileged, the chosen, the pampered, with nothing to do but go to school, hang out, do a little studying, go to college, get into a money-making racket, grow into your fat forties, still whining, still complaining, when there are millions around the world who'd offer fingers and toes to be in your seats, nicely clothed, well fed, with the world by the balls.
- Frank Mccourt
I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.
- Al Mcguire
October is a fine and dangerous season in America. a wonderful time to begin anything at all. You go to college, and every course in the catalogue looks wonderful.
- Thomas Merton
It was just expected that I would go to college. Both my parents are teachers and they tolerated acting, but I was going to go to a school of quality or bust. Which made my downshifting back to acting afterward a little difficult.
- Wentworth Miller
I want to go to college to study journalism. I want to speak French fluently, to travel. My mom was a journalist and it's in my blood.
- Mandy Moore
It never occurred to me that I wouldn't go to college and have a career - as well as a family - of my own. Both my parents, but especially my mother, encouraged me and led me to believe that it was possible.
- Dee Dee Myers
More than anything else, I miss the hope. In jail, we we had the hope that we might get out, go to college, have fun, go to the movies. I am twenty-seven. I don't know what it means to love. I don't want to be secret and hidden forever. I want to know, to know who this Nassrin is.You'd call it the ordeal of freedom, I guess.
- Azar Nafisi
When it came time to go to college, I had been accepted for Harvard when my father was offered the position of head of the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company office on the west coast, and we moved to San Francisco.
- Douglass North
Usually, girls weren't encouraged to go to college and major in math and science. My high school calculus teacher, Ms. Paz Jensen, made math appealing and motivated me to continue studying it in college.
- Ellen Ochoa
I think about my choice. Either outcome is bleak. If I stay and live through high school, go to college, get a job, what will ever change? This blackness inside will never go away. I don't make friends; I'll always be alone. If I go, at least there's hope of peace. Chance of a new and better life on the other side.
- Julie Anne Peters
When kids made a decision for themselves they have a vested interest in showing they were right. Lee wanted to prove to me that he had made the right choice so he worked hard and did well. If we'd forced him to go to college somewhere else all the incentives would've been different. Then he would have had a motive to prove that we were wrong.
- Cokie Roberts
I went to visit my father to tell him that I was going to go to college and become an architect - that was my dream. I was like, yeah I graduated from school, but it's not like you showed up for that. But all he was worried about is whether or not I wanted money from him.
- Jake Roberts
If you're black, you got to look at America a little bit different. You got to look at America like the uncle who paid for you to go to college, but who molested you.
- Chris Rock
I had this whole plan when I graduated high school: I was going to go to college, date a few guys, and then meet THE guy at the end of my freshman year, maybe at the beginning of my sophomore year. We'd be engaged by graduation and married the next year. And then, after some traveling, we'd start our family. Four kids, three years apart. I wanted to be done by the time I was 35.
- Rainbow Rowell
You go to college not only for the latest knowledge but also to meet people from different backgrounds. That's the genius of the American higher-education system compared with the Europeans'. We don't simply skim the elite.
- Donna Shalala
She was the first person on either side of her family to go to college, and she held herself to insanely high standards. She worried a lot about whether she was good enough. It was surprising to see how relieved she seemed whenever I told her how amazing she was. I wanted her to feel strong and free. She was beautiful when she was free.
- Rob Sheffield
We also knew it would be difficult, because of the financial condition of the family, for me to go to college.
- Alan Shepard
I'd definitely like to go to college some day.
- Kiernan Shipka
I am a firm believer in education and have worked very hard to tell young Latinos that they must go to college and that, if possible, they should pursue an advanced degree. I am convinced that education is the great equalizer.
- Jimmy Smits
It's a hard process to navigate... to figure out where your kid ought to go to college.
- Margaret Spellings
I want to go to college. I'm going to take four years off. I don't want to miss that. I want to be a writer. I think that'd be awesome.
- Kristen Stewart
Some girls have to go to college to discover what they are good at; some are born doing what they must without even truly knowing why. I felt a hole in my heart shaped like a dark door I needed to guard.
- Catherynne M Valente
A lot of people at Shearson ended up making a lot of money because they had stock or stock options. Their kids were able to go to college, and it changed a lot of people's lives.
- Sanford I Weill
I've wanted to act since I was little, but my parents told me I couldn't pursue it until after college. The understanding was that I was lucky enough to be able to go to college and that it's important to being successful in life.
- Allison Williams
If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.
- Frank Zappa
My early childhood prepared me to be a social psychologist. I grew up in a South Bronx ghetto in a very poor family. From Sicilian origin, I was the first person in my family to complete high school, let alone go to college.
- Philip Zimbardo
Comments
Post a Comment