Laws for the liberal education of youth, especially of the lower class of people, are so extremely wise and useful, that, to a humane and generous mind, no expense for this purpose would be thought extravagant.
- John Adams
Morality is only for the middle class, sweet. The lower class can't afford it, and the upper classes have entirely too much leisure time to fill
- Lisa Kleypas
There is a degree of wretchedness and want among the lower class of people which is not anywhere so common as among the Spanish and Portuguese settlements.
- William Bligh
They cannot divide us by saying that you're middle class or you're lower class.
- H Rap Brown
Marriage is good enough for the lower classes: they have facilities for desertion that are denied to us.
- George Bernard Shaw
The incognito of lower class employment is an effective cloak for any dagger one might wish to hide.
- Margaret Cho
I have known female whores who spoke very bitterly of their calling. "If they don't like my face, they can put a cushion over it. I know it's not that they're interested in." But to the boys this profession never seemed shameful. It was their daytime occupations for which they felt the need to apologize. In some instances, these were lower class or humdrum or, worst of all, unfeminine. At least whoring was never that.
- Quentin Crisp
While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.
- Eugene V Debs
Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings and decided I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now: while there's a lower class I am in it, while there's a criminal element I am of it, and while there's a soul in prison I am not free.
- Eugene V Debs
There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.
- Victor Hugo
At the same time, I was listening to black music, and I began to think that the best musicians were receiving the worst treatment. The people who were doing the greatest work were despised as lower class, with no dignity accorded to what they did.
- Henry Flynt
You know, without China there is no Wal-Mart and without Wal-Mart there is no middle class and lower class prosperity in the United States.
- Arthur Laffer
Of course the lower classes have always felt downtrodden and aspired to a better life. But there is this theory that people respond to a class structure in England - there was a time when people knew who they were and knew whom they served and as long as management wasn't abusive, it was a good life for people.
- Damian Lewis
I have no doubt but that the misery of the lower classes will be found to abate whenever the Government assumes a freer aspect and the laws favor a subdivision of Property.
- James Madison
There has never been a 'war on drugs'! In our history we can only see an ongoing conflict amongst various drug users and producers. In ancient Mexico the use of alcohol was punishable by death, while the ritualistic use of mescaline was highly worshipped. In 17th century Russia, tobacco smokers were threatened with mutilation or decapitation, alcohol was legal. In Prussia, coffee drinking was prohibited to the lower classes, the use of tobacco and alcohol was legal.
- Sebastian Marincolo
Much of what is today called "social criticism" consists of members of the upper classes denouncing the tastes of the lower classes (bawdy entertainment, fast food, plentiful consumer goods) while considering themselves egalitarians.
- Steven Pinker
Realistically, I think we are not prepared to go home until we do get more teachers and lower class sizes.
- John Podesta
Socialism is nothing but the capitalism of the lower classes.
- Oswald Spengler
- John Adams
Morality is only for the middle class, sweet. The lower class can't afford it, and the upper classes have entirely too much leisure time to fill
- Lisa Kleypas
There is a degree of wretchedness and want among the lower class of people which is not anywhere so common as among the Spanish and Portuguese settlements.
- William Bligh
They cannot divide us by saying that you're middle class or you're lower class.
- H Rap Brown
Marriage is good enough for the lower classes: they have facilities for desertion that are denied to us.
- George Bernard Shaw
The incognito of lower class employment is an effective cloak for any dagger one might wish to hide.
- Margaret Cho
I have known female whores who spoke very bitterly of their calling. "If they don't like my face, they can put a cushion over it. I know it's not that they're interested in." But to the boys this profession never seemed shameful. It was their daytime occupations for which they felt the need to apologize. In some instances, these were lower class or humdrum or, worst of all, unfeminine. At least whoring was never that.
- Quentin Crisp
While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free.
- Eugene V Debs
Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings and decided I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now: while there's a lower class I am in it, while there's a criminal element I am of it, and while there's a soul in prison I am not free.
- Eugene V Debs
There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.
- Victor Hugo
At the same time, I was listening to black music, and I began to think that the best musicians were receiving the worst treatment. The people who were doing the greatest work were despised as lower class, with no dignity accorded to what they did.
- Henry Flynt
You know, without China there is no Wal-Mart and without Wal-Mart there is no middle class and lower class prosperity in the United States.
- Arthur Laffer
Of course the lower classes have always felt downtrodden and aspired to a better life. But there is this theory that people respond to a class structure in England - there was a time when people knew who they were and knew whom they served and as long as management wasn't abusive, it was a good life for people.
- Damian Lewis
I have no doubt but that the misery of the lower classes will be found to abate whenever the Government assumes a freer aspect and the laws favor a subdivision of Property.
- James Madison
There has never been a 'war on drugs'! In our history we can only see an ongoing conflict amongst various drug users and producers. In ancient Mexico the use of alcohol was punishable by death, while the ritualistic use of mescaline was highly worshipped. In 17th century Russia, tobacco smokers were threatened with mutilation or decapitation, alcohol was legal. In Prussia, coffee drinking was prohibited to the lower classes, the use of tobacco and alcohol was legal.
- Sebastian Marincolo
Much of what is today called "social criticism" consists of members of the upper classes denouncing the tastes of the lower classes (bawdy entertainment, fast food, plentiful consumer goods) while considering themselves egalitarians.
- Steven Pinker
Realistically, I think we are not prepared to go home until we do get more teachers and lower class sizes.
- John Podesta
Socialism is nothing but the capitalism of the lower classes.
- Oswald Spengler
Comments
Post a Comment