Skip to main content

My Daddy Quotes

Yep, my daddy was an undependable drunk. But he'd never missed any of my organized games, concerts, plays, or picnics. He may not have loved me perfectly, but he loved me as well as he could. (189)
- Sherman Alexie

My daddy died when I was two years old. My mother raised my two older brothers and me. And we couldn't have had a better situation. I mean, she was the - ran the concession stand at the Little League, and she was the first woman president of The Touchdown Club, the booster club for the high school football team. And so, I had a wonderful childhood.
- Haley Barbour

Stop calling your akri your daddy. It makes my wings droop. (Xirena)
My akri is my daddy. He said so and it is so, so your wings can droop all they want, 'cause it won't change anything! (Simi)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

My daddy used to say that I was too big to ride and too little to hitch a wagon - no good for a damn thing.
- Dan Blocker

There are all of these people that say, my mommy doesn't love me enough, my daddy doesn't hug me enough. There are some people that would want to coddle them somewhere. I want them to shut up and stop whining.
- Danny Bonaduce

You've got to stand up and do your own battles. My daddy taught me that a long time ago, that you fight your own battles. The only way to shut everybody up is to win.
- Terry Bradshaw

My daddy used to tell me 'the first time you fall in love it changes your life forever, and no matter how hard you try, the feelin' never goes away. This girl you been tellin' me about was your first love. And no matter what you do, she'll stay with you forever.
- Nicholas Sparks

My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.
- Nicholas Sparks

Where's my daddy?
Is that my daddy?
It goes, "I fink, derefore I am. I fink."
It is Sergeant Detritus the troll!
That's not my daddy!
- Terry Pratchett

Don't Cry Daddy is a pretty sad song. He got to the end of it and it was just real quiet and Elvis says, I'm gonna cut that someday for my daddy. And, by God, he did. He lived up to his word.
- Mac Davis

There was one thing my daddy wouldn't tolerate in any shape, form or fashion, and that was being unkind or rude to somebody. That was just very important to my folks. And as it turns out, that was a legacy that he left me that money can't buy, is how to be able to treat people.
- Paula Deen

Well, you know what, I'm 60 years old, and I've been interested in politics since I was on my daddy's knee. During the 1948 election, we were praying for Truman. I know a lot about politics.
- Roger Ebert

I told her about the man, not my daddy, she said, He was only making you into a real girl. I didn't understand. But I made myself believe her. I was a real girl now. But what was I before?
- Ellen Hopkins

I used to practice my speeches on my tractor while I plowed my daddy's field.
- Jim Hunt

My Daddy was my hero. He was always there for me when I needed him. He listened to me and taught me so many things. But most of all he was fun.
- Bindi Irwin

If there's one thing I really want for my birthday, that is for the mining company not to mine my daddy's reserve.
- Bindi Irwin

I didn't realize until I was older what a huge music fan my daddy really was, and actually that my grandma played banjo at one time, and I didn't even know that until a year or two ago.
- Alan Jackson

My Daddy liked physical fitness and wanted me to be a prizefighter.
- Judy Johnson

My daddy, Rev. A. D. King, my granddaddy, Martin Luther King, Senior - we are a family of faith, hope and love.
- Alveda King

I remember when my daddy gave me that gun. He told me that I should never point it at anything in the house; and that he'd rather I'd shoot at tin cans in the backyard. But he said that sooner or later he supposed the temptation to go after birds would be too much, and that I could shoot all the blue jays I wanted - if I could hit 'em; but to remember it was a sin to kill a mockingbird.
- Harper Lee

I want to thank my mum, my daddy, my coach, my teacher, everybody in my life.
- Jet Li

My daddy always told me to just do the best you knew how and tell the truth. He said there was nothin to set a man's mind at ease like wakin up in the morning and not havin to decide who you were. And if you done somethin wrong just stand up and say you done it and say you're sorry and get on with it. Don't haul stuff around with you.
- Cormac Mccarthy

My daddy used to tell me not to chew on something that was eatin you.
- Cormac Mccarthy

Ever man jack a three hundred and sixty degree son of a bitch, which my daddy said meant they was a son of a bitch any way you looked at em.
- Cormac Mccarthy

My daddy expected that my brothers and I and our generation would make the world a better place. He had lived in an America of continual social progress.
- Wynton Marsalis

I use all my skills that I can muster up, but the fun thing is that I find some untapped skills every once in a while. I get that from my daddy.
- Reba Mcentire

I probably only cried five or six times in my life and I think four of those times was from my daddy kicking my butt.
- Nelly

The last 16 years of my daddy's life, he got to work for me, and that made him his own boss and he like that.
- Buck Owens

I didn't know who my daddy was until I was 10 or 12. Surprising as it may seem, he was living right across the street.
- Terrell Owens

My daddy has a chain five miles long, on each link a heart for a lover he has lost.
- Dolly Parton

And my daddy could play a harmonica and also the guitar, so I guess I got a little bit from both of 'em, but I think mostly from my mother's side of the family.
- Mel Tillis

Hickory dickory dock my daddy's nuts from shell shock. Humpty dumpty thought he was wise till gas came along and burned out his eyes. A dillar a dollar a ten o clock scholar blow off his legs and then watch him holler. Rockaby baby in the tree top don't stop a bomb or you'll probably flop. Now I lay me down to sleep my bombproof cellars good and deep but if I'm killed before I wake remember god its for your sake amen.
- Dalton Trumbo

My daddy says that the moon fills up a little more every day until it just gets too full and starts to spill out. Then those moondrops fall to earth until the moon disappears altogether and has to fill up all over again. and if you're lucky enough, you'll catch one of those moondrops, because moondrops can make you see the whole world brighter.
- Jennifer Erin Valent

All my life I had to fight. I had to fight my daddy. I had to fight my brothers. I had to fight my cousins and my uncles. A girl child ain't safe in a family of men. But I never thought I'd have to fight in my own house. She let out her breath. I loves Harpo, she say. God knows I do. But I'll kill him dead before I let him beat me.
- Alice Walker

Like a lot of you, I grew up in a family on the ragged edges of the middle class. My daddy sold carpeting and ended up as a maintenance man. After he had a heart attack, my mom worked the phones at Sears so we could hang on to our house.
- Elizabeth Warren

Oh, there's a wholesome outing.' I say. 'Let's all skip down to the cop shop to register my daddy as a pervert. What fun.
- Laura Wiess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater