Skip to main content

Younger Brother Quotes

Oh, brothers! I don't care for brothers. My elder brother won't die, and my younger brothers seem never to do anything else.
- Oscar Wilde

Actually, it's my younger brother who has me ticked, but since you brought up the boyfriend thing, take my advice; Be the black widow. Find a guy, have fun with him, then eviscerate him in the morning before he can brag about it to his friends. (Chrissy)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

out in the wide readership,his younger brother was kicking an ice bucket in the woods behind the Marriott,
his younger brother who was missing that part of the brain that allows you to make out with your pillow.
Poor kid.
- David Berman

I had an older brother who passed away recently, an older sister and a younger brother.
- Steve Case

As I have discovered by examining my past, I started out as a child. Coincidentally, so did my brother. My mother did not put all her eggs in one basket, so to speak: she gave me a younger brother named Russell, who taught me what was meant by "survival of the fittest."
- Bill Cosby

Mom spent the time that she was supposed to be a kid actully raising children, her younger brother and younger sister. She was tough as nails and did not suffer fools at all. And the truth was she could not afford to. She spoke the truth, bluntly, directly, and without much varnish. I am her son.
- Chris Christie

You know, you remind me of my younger brother. I miss that kid, so much that I sometimes regret killing him.
- J A Konrath

Basically, at some point, one day maybe you can expect to hear some of my music. I haven't really done that yet because my younger brother is a musician and really talented and I want him to come out with his music first.
- Stephen Dorff

The African is my brother but he is my younger brother by several centuries.
- Albert Schweitzer

The short story is still like the novel's wayward younger brother, we know that it's not respectable - but I think that can also add to the glory of it.
- Neil Gaiman

I had eight brothers and sisters. Every Christmas my younger brother Bobby would wake up extra early and open everybody's presents - everybody's - so by the time the rest of us got up, all the gifts were shredded, ribbons off, torn open and thrown aside.
- Tommy Hilfiger

In the early days of the December that my father was to die, my younger brother brought me the news that I was a Jew. I was then a transplanted Englishman in America, married, with one son and, though unconsoled by any religion, a nonbelieving member of two Christian churches. On hearing the tidings, I was pleased to find that I was pleased.
- Christopher Hitchens

My feeling toward the animal is that he is our younger brother, and that we are our brother's keeper.
- Mary Johnston

They were going to expel me. Mom convinced them not to... and got them to apologize," Fern said, almost embarrassed.
Really?" Eddie said. "See, Sammy, you don't mess with the Commander, do you?" Eddie playfully hit his younger brother in the stomach with the back of his hand.
When the Commander says jump...," Sam started.
We say, 'yes ma'am, how high?'" Eddie ended with a forehead salute.
- Jennifer Anne Kogler

I created the Women's Federation for World Peace in order to restore all that woman originally lost. You American women don't need a man in the position of grandfather, parents, husband, elder or younger brother. You only need the true Adam.
- Sun Myung Moon

My husband and I had to raise five of my younger brothers and sisters. They lived with us. We sent them to school.
- Dolly Parton

I feel like I'm really blessed and lucky that I have a very good social life outside of the gym, and I have a really amazing family. My parents are so supportive. I have a younger brother and two younger sisters, and they're really awesome. So I feel like I get the best of both worlds.
- Aly Raisman

After resting in the cool, shadowy interior for a while, with feelings of both gratitude and distaste, he set off once more, and as he left, just as one might ruffle the hair of a son or younger brother, he ran his fingers over the marble locks of a dwarfish figure which, at the foot of one of the mighty columns, had been bearing the immense weight of a holy-water font for centuries.
- W G Sebald

Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin.
- Tim Vine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...