I've never been drawn to the feminist movement. I was brought up to believe that men had little to do with the home or children - except to bring in the money.
- Beryl Bainbridge
One of the biggest problems with the modern feminist movement is its failure to bring men along with us.
- Tammy Bruce
Gone are the days when reality fed the feminist movement.
- Tammy Bruce
I have never experienced racism in the feminist movement, so it concerned me to think that I was unable to see the subject clearly because I came from white, middle-class privilege.
- Betty Buckley
I wish that I had bridged the feminist movement and the anti-war movement better than I did.
- Bernadine Dohrn
Remember that in the early days of the feminist movement, they refused to have a leader; different women would just stand up and speak. The early feminists were very careful to not put what was spontaneously arising back in the old bottle.
- James Hillman
There will be no mass-based feminist movement as long as feminist ideas are understood only by a well-educated few.
- Bell Hooks
The significance of feminist movement (when it is not co-opted by opportunistic, reactionary forces) is that it offers a new ideological meeting ground for the sexes, a space for criticism, struggle, and transformation.
- Bell Hooks
My parents demonstrated against the Vietnam war, they were into the civil rights movement, the feminist movement, they started the first vegetarian restaurant in Pittsburgh.
- Justin Sane
The issue of gender was never my biggest concern; my biggest concern was doing good work. When the feminist movement really got going, I wasn't an active part of it because I was more concerned with my own mental pursuits.
- Patti Smith
This semester has born in me the flame of hope to one day become a leader in the modern feminist movement. I can and will be the force that blows new life into it, giving a face and name to associate with instead of those women now who's names I don't know because they weren't listed on Wikipedia.
- Christy Leigh Stewart
- Beryl Bainbridge
One of the biggest problems with the modern feminist movement is its failure to bring men along with us.
- Tammy Bruce
Gone are the days when reality fed the feminist movement.
- Tammy Bruce
I have never experienced racism in the feminist movement, so it concerned me to think that I was unable to see the subject clearly because I came from white, middle-class privilege.
- Betty Buckley
I wish that I had bridged the feminist movement and the anti-war movement better than I did.
- Bernadine Dohrn
Remember that in the early days of the feminist movement, they refused to have a leader; different women would just stand up and speak. The early feminists were very careful to not put what was spontaneously arising back in the old bottle.
- James Hillman
There will be no mass-based feminist movement as long as feminist ideas are understood only by a well-educated few.
- Bell Hooks
The significance of feminist movement (when it is not co-opted by opportunistic, reactionary forces) is that it offers a new ideological meeting ground for the sexes, a space for criticism, struggle, and transformation.
- Bell Hooks
My parents demonstrated against the Vietnam war, they were into the civil rights movement, the feminist movement, they started the first vegetarian restaurant in Pittsburgh.
- Justin Sane
The issue of gender was never my biggest concern; my biggest concern was doing good work. When the feminist movement really got going, I wasn't an active part of it because I was more concerned with my own mental pursuits.
- Patti Smith
This semester has born in me the flame of hope to one day become a leader in the modern feminist movement. I can and will be the force that blows new life into it, giving a face and name to associate with instead of those women now who's names I don't know because they weren't listed on Wikipedia.
- Christy Leigh Stewart
Comments
Post a Comment