Skip to main content

Machine Gun Quotes

Two special agents at the front door pulled me outside. By that time, they had already had the house surrounded with loaded weapons, machine guns, shotguns... about 25 federal agents.
- Sherman Austin

When shooting in the dark, it is a good idea to use a machine gun.
- Craig Bruce

LSD, yeah, the big parade everybody's doin' it now. Take LSD, then you are a poet, an intellectual. What a sick mob. I am building a machine gun in my closet now to take out as many of them as I can before they get me.
- Charles Bukowski

Maybe it was a Patty Hearst thing. Stockholm syndrome or whatever it's called when you're being held against your will but then you become sucked in and fall in love. Or if not exactly love, you fall into something you can't see out of. 'I can't shoot a machine gun' becomes 'Hey, this hardly has any kick-back!
- Augusten Burroughs

I'm not the kind of faggot who wants to put a rainbow sticker on a machine gun.
- Caconrad

His very first story, he told me as he was dying, was set in Camelot, the court of King Arthur in Britain: Merlin the Court Magician casts a spell that allows him to equip the Knights of the Round Table with Thompson submachine guns and drums of.45-caliber dumdums.
Sir Galahad, the purest in heart and mind, familiarizes himself with this new virtue-compelling appliance. While doing so, he puts a slug through the Holy Grail and makes a Swiss cheese of Queen Guinevere.
- Kurt Vonnegut

I don't know," I said, exasperated. "What else do you have in your wacked-out world? Heat sensors? Mine fields? Dirigibles? Booby traps? Machine guns? Shrink rays? What?"
"Aside from dirigibles, which are rather expensive and rare outside of trade routes, most of what you just said made no sense whatsoever," he said, as delighted as a child hearing a foreign language for the first time. "But it all sounds very dangerous. And fun. Especially the part about the boobies.
- Delilah S Dawson

He explained to Atro that he now understood why the army was organized as it was. It was indeed quite necessary. No rational form of organization would serve the purpose. He simply had not understood that the purpose was to enable men with machine guns to kill unarmed men and women easily and in great quantities when told to do so. Only he still could not see where courage, or manliness, or fitness entered in.
- Ursula K Le Guin

The need is not really for more brains, the need is now for a gentler, a more tolerant people than those who won for us against the ice, the tiger and the bear. The hand that hefted the ax, out of some old blind allegiance to the past fondles the machine gun as lovingly. It is a habit man will have to break to survive, but the roots go very deep.
- Loren Eiseley

You could fire a machine gun randomly through the pages of Lord of the Rings and never hit any women.
- Neil Gaiman

Ninth graders with machine guns: its hard to make that a happy story.
- Michael Grant

Love is a perky elf dancing a merry little jig and then suddenly he turns on you with a miniature machine gun.
- Matt Groening

You can't kill us all, human.'
He was right. I raised the machine gun a little. 'True, but who's going to be first in line?
- Laurell K Hamilton

How many times did someone have to run in front of a machine gun before it became an act of cowardice?
- Michael Herr

If you were running away down a straight hallway with hardwood floors, and I had a machine gun and a pointy mustache, I still couldn't hit you with a bowling ball.
- Jarod Kintz

I've decided to donate my arsenal of machine guns to a hunting charity. That should help raze a million bucks.
- Jarod Kintz

Baseball happens to be a game of cumulative tension but football, basketball and hockey are played with hand grenades and machine guns.
- John Leonard

And then the Necromancers pulled out their sub-atomic machine guns.
- Derek Landy

Yes, I remember the barbed wire and the guard towers and the machine guns, but they became part of my normal landscape. What would be abnormal in normal times became my normality in camp.
- George Takei

As a young man, every bone in my body wanted to pick up a machine gun and kill Germans. And yet I had absolutely no reason to do so. Certainly nobody invited me to do the job. But that's what I felt that I was trained to do. Now no part of my upbringing was militaristic.
- Pete Townshend

Infants were tossed up in the air and used as the targets for machine guns
- Elie Wiesel

Well, mines was a sub machine gun. That was my personal weapon with being the first person in the patrol. I used to lead the patrol. Used to have a leading scout, a second scout and then the officer. The officer would be third. As I say, it was educational.
- David Walker

Destiny was a machine built over time, each choice that you made in life adding another gear, another conveyor belt, another assemblyman. Where you ended up was the product that was spit out at the endand there was no going back for a redo. You couldnt take a peek at what youd manufactured and decide, Oh, wait, I wanted to make sewing machines instead of machine guns; let me go back to the beginning and start again. One shot. That was all you got.
- J R Ward

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater