Skip to main content

My Image Quotes

I've never tried to manipulate my image.
- Alan Alda

No, I never thought about my image. It interests me that there are people who do, that they seem to be methodical about it.
- Alan Alda

Wouldn't want to tarnish my image by looking like a good guy.
- Janet Evanovich

From in the shadow she calls. And in the shadow she finds a way, finds a way. And in the shadow she crawls, clutching her faded photograph. My image under her thumb. Yes with a message for my heart. She's been everybody else's girl maybe one day she'll be her own.
- Tori Amos

I'm sensitive about my image of being hard to reach.
- Roone Arledge

Interpreting myself, I always read
Myself into my books. I clearly need
Some help. But all who climb on their own way
Carry my image, too, into the breaking day.
- Friedrich Nietzsche

From the photo albums, every single print of her had been peeled away. Shots of the both of us together had been cut, the parts with her neatly trimmed away, leaving my image behind. Photos of me alone or of mountains and rivers and deer and cats were left intact. Three albums rendered into a revised past. It was as if I'd been alone at birth, alone all my days, and would continue alone.
- Haruki Murakami

I re-invented my image so many times that I'm in denial that I was originally an overweight Korean woman.
- David Bowie

I had no real education because I was in and out of schools so I decided that I would completely change my look, change my image, change my name and move to New York.
- Morgan Brittany

I have to struggle to change people's perceptions of me. I grew very frustrated with the perception that I'm this shy, retiring, inhibited aristocratic creature when I'm absolutely not like that at all. I think I'm much more outgoing and exuberant than my image.
- Helena Bonham Carter

I say it instead. "You told so," I admit. "You told me my image of Brody wasn't real, and you were right. I was just too blind to see it."
He laughs a little. "You were to blind to see a lot of things Princess."
It's reassuring when he calls me Princess-as opposed to princess or, worse, Lily. One seems too mocking, the other too intimate. His ironic nickname feels safe.
- Tera Lynn Childs

I saw that my image was changing or fading. One of the reasons for taking a break from clubs was to be missed-not forgotten.
- Sammy Davis Jr

I haven't been worried about my image so much as I have been trying to find projects to push myself further than before.
- Cameron Diaz

...humans are not defined by their limitations, but by the intentions that I have for them; not by what they seem to be, but by everything it means to be created in my image.
- W Paul Young

On days when I do not work, I am working on my image.
- Linda Evangelista

I have to hit the gym. I have beauty appointments. I have to work toward my next job and maintaining my image, just like an athlete.
- Linda Evangelista

I felt like an undeveloped photograph that he was printing, my image rising to the surface under his gaze.
- Janet Fitch

I don't have a problem with my image; it's other people who do.
- Samantha Fox

My image lends itself a little bit more to the modern fan, sometimes more toward the kids, and I guess more toward the wine drinkers... I mean, I have my own wine, and fans love to pull for people they relate to.
- Jeff Gordon

Spiderlike, I spin mirrors,
Loyal to my image.
- Sylvia Plath

Most of my images have been done in-studio, under very controlled lighting conditions. There have been a few that have been shot in nature, but even then they were shot almost exclusively at night, and again, under controlled lighting conditions.
- Leonard Nimoy

I don't think you should meet the people you most admire. I don't want reality to interfere with my image.
- Ayumi Hamasaki

Actually, I don't really like being confused with my image.
- Eva Herzigova

After I did Untamed Heart I wanted to do a film that was outrageous. I really wanted to do, you know, a performance. I don't want to allow my image to rule the choices that I make.
- Christian Slater

Seven years ago, my father and I realized that our relationship was extremely unique, especially in the African-American community. He raised me to not only understand the fundamentals of basketball and to try to be a player with a high basketball IQ, but he wanted me to understand that my image and my name meant more than stats.
- Allan Houston

I was at the Olympic Games winning medals and I still doubted my image. I doubted what I looked like. That's sad.
- Shawn Johnson

Last year I think I made more from my Image books than anywhere else.
- Robert Kirkman

People see my photos and think I labor over my image and I'm this cool, brooding artist. But I'm just having fun with it.
- Lenny Kravitz

My hair got lighter, and I gradually went blonde. I liked it. Had more fun. But my image of myself in my head is this dark-haired person.
- Lisa Kudrow

I have to fight to keep my image really me... I rejected some gorgeous publicity shots because they just didn't look like me.
- Avril Lavigne

I used to do drugs, but don't tell anyone or it will ruin my image.
- Courtney Love

The female format is a beautiful one in which to function. Foolhardy as it may be. I change my image all the time, it's whatever suits me at the moment.
- Lydia Lunch

Now as I began to sort through his "effects" it occurred to me how little I had really known him ... I had forced upon my father the character that fitted most easily with my image of myself; to have had to admit to any complexity in him would have compromised my own.
- David Malouf

Right now, it's really about my fans knowing that whatever I believed spiritually at the time is what I believed. I just wouldn't deliberately lie to them just to save my image.
- Brandy Norwood

Unfortunately, several companies are attempting to deceive consumers through the unauthorized use of my image or my name, and my attorneys are pursuing those making these false claims.
- Mehmet Oz

Well, I haven't signed anything giving people the right to do anything they want with my image, you know what I mean. I have the ultimate say.
- Joaquin Phoenix

You try to be faithful
And sometimes you're cruel.
You are mine. Then, you leave.
Without you, I can't cope.
And when you take the lead,
I become your footstep.
Your absence leaves a void.
Without you, I can't cope.
You have disturbed my sleep,
You have wrecked my image.
You have set me apart.
Without you, I can't cope.
- Rumi

I splash my head with ice-cold water and turn to face the mirror. When my image appears I instinctively look away.
Is there a truth on the other side that we do not want to see?
- Shan Sa

I think it's somebody else's job to decide what my image is.
- Annabella Sciorra

I never let myself yearn for Buckley, afraid he might see my image in a mirror or a bottle cap. Like everyone else I was trying to protect him.
- Alice Sebold

My image had always been very heterosexual, very straight. So it was a nice experience for me, a chance to clarify my own feelings about gay and lesbian civil rights.
- Bruce Springsteen

I don't care what other people think as long as I am happy. The day I die or retire, I have blown all my chances because I don't have the chance any more to change my image as an F1 driver.
- Sebastian Vettel

Leave my image alone... I will behave as I think I should and I will not change anything.
- Ezer Weizman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...