Skip to main content

One Goal Quotes

The best people renounce all for one goal, the eternal fame of mortals; but most people stuff themselves like cattle.
- Heraclitus

When someone seeks," said Siddhartha, "then it easily happens that his eyes see only the thing that he seeks, and he is able to find nothing, to take in nothing because he always thinks only about the thing he is seeking, because he has one goal, because he is obsessed with his goal. Seeking means: having a goal. But finding means: being free, being open, having no goal.
- Hermann Hesse

There is only one goal. That's to keep working and keep flossing.
- Red Buttons

Arriving at one goal is the starting point to another.
- John Dewey

Her keeper jersey; she thinks of it now. The number 1 on its back. A lonely number. Only one goalkeeper on the field. Only one player who guards the net. Only one who stands strong and alone behind the other ten players on the field. No place to hide. No way to disappear.
- Amy Efaw

I wanted to act; that was my one goal. I wanted to devote all my time to acting and not waitressing or anything else.
- Edie Falco

My number one goal is to love, support and be there for my son.
- Farrah Fawcett

...Your trouble, William, is that you have no ambition. You don't see that there is in life only ever one goal.' 'And what is that?'
More', George said simply. 'Just more of anything. More of everything.
- Philippa Gregory

...Highly secretive, L'Occhio di Dio is an elite group of assassins with only one goal - the total destruction of all Prodigium.
"Well, that's nice," I murmured to myself.
- Rachel Hawkins

Once you achieve one goal, you should be looking forward to trying to build onto the next thing, and not just getting comfortable with what you're doing.
- Ll Cool J

My number one goal was not getting 'A's' - and I proved it. I was a 'C' student. You have to be ready to learn. If you're not interesting in learning, it doesn't work. As I grew older and wanted to learn and desperately wanted inside information, learning was a lot easier.
- Brian Lamb

It's sometimes easier to defend a one goal lead than a two goal lead.
- Mark Lawrenson

Sometimes I felt I got caught up kind of going into the clubhouse non-chalantly sometimes, because all of the other guys in the clubhouse didn't go there with one goal in mind.
- Cory Lidle

Developing better people should be the number one goal for any coach when dealing with kids. In trying to develop better people, we are going to develop more and better pros.
- Bobby Orr

Man was created as a being who should constantly keep improving, a being who on reaching one goal sets a higher one.
- Ralph Ransom

The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.
- James Cash Penney

All Iraqis should live under one roof and for one goal.
- Muqtada Al Sadr

The war we have to wage today has only one goal and that is to make the world safe for diversity.
- U Thant

I am a firm believer that if you score one goal the other team have to score two to win.
- Howard Wilkinson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...