Neither you nor I speak English, but there are some things that can be said only in English.
- Aravind Adiga
Just so you know, I speak English. You don't have to macho-speak with shit like 'you with me' after you macho-speak with a bunch of bossing me around. I get you. I'm with you. Or if I'm not, I'll tell you."
"Noted," he muttered but sounded like he was smiling.
I made the diplomatic decision not to look.
- Kristen Ashley
Everybody in Spain is sick of me. But in America, there's curiosity about the new kid on the block who doesn't speak English very well. The attention makes me feel vulnerable, which is something I hadn't felt in a while. But I like it.
- Javier Bardem
Speak English!' said the Eaglet. 'I don't know the meaning of half those long words, and I don't believe you do either!
- Lewis Carroll
In English, I'm a little bit limited. I speak English as a second language, and that's a little limitation that I have to work around and I have to use it to my favor. So, yes, that's why I end up wanting to do more things in Latin America.
- Gael Garcia Bernal
Yes, they broke the law, but we can't deport them. Let's get over this pointing fingers and do something about that, whether it - they have to pay a fine, learn to speak English, the history, you can do that. And then you have to give visas for the skills we need.
- Michael Bloomberg
More than 300 million people in the world speak English and the rest, it sometimes seems, try to.
- Bill Bryson
Dejardins was so stunned, he momentarily forgot how to speak English. Ce n'est pas possible. On ne pourrait pas-
- Rick Riordan
In this country, it doesn't make any difference where you were born. It doesn't make any difference who your parents were. It doesn't make any difference if, like me, you couldn't even speak English until you were in your twenties.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
I met my wife through playing golf. She is French and couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak French, so there was little chance of us getting involved in any boring conversations - that's why we got married really quickly.
- Sean Connery
To write or even speak English is not a science but an art. There are no reliable words. Whoever writes English is involved in a struggle that never lets up even for a sentence. He is struggling against vagueness, against obscurity, against the lure of the decorative adjective, against the encroachment of Latin and Greek, and, above all, against the worn-out phrases and dead metaphors with which the language is cluttered up.
- George Orwell
Children learn to speak Male or Female the way they learn to speak English or French.
- Jeffrey Eugenides
This made no sense to me, probably because I speak English and have never had a head injury.
- Tina Fey
MTV and video games have solved that problem as far as most of humanity goes. That, and telly, as it were."
"Telly?" Who was that?
He grunted in amusement. "Television, of course. Don't you speak English?"
"You sure don't," I muttered.
Shaking his head, he frowned at me.
- Jeaniene Frost
Every German child learns to speak English in school.
- Cornelia Funke
It seemed to me that, somehow, the blue jay was trying to communicate with me. I would see him fly into the house across the way, pick up the telephone, and dial. My phone would ring, and it would be him, but it was just this squawking and cheeping. "What?! What?!" I would yell back, but he never did speak English.
- Abraham Lincoln
I speak English, so I am no longer cute. My tongue itches for French.
- Anna Held
When I took part in European leaders summits, it was sometimes unpleasant for me to hear Romanian, Polish, Portuguese, and Italian friends speak English, although I admit that on an informal basis, first contacts can be made in this language. Nevertheless, I will defend everywhere the use of the French language.
- Francois Hollande
American professional athletes are bilingual; they speak English and profanity.
- Gordie Howe
As my grandfather once famously shouted, in a drunken stupor, "You can't have fish tacos if you still have the hook in your mouth!" And while I have no idea what he meant, or how it's relevant, I tell that story to any indigenous Mexican I meet who doesn't speak English. Interestingly, they offer the wisest response possible: they simply nod and smile.
- Jarod Kintz
I didn't speak English until I came to Pittsburgh.
- Mario Lemieux
You may be right in believing that if you study hard, one day you might become fluent in English. But you will still look Chinese, and when people meet you, they'll see a Chinese girl no matter how well you speak English. You'll always be expected to know Chinese, and if you don't, I'm afraid they will not respect you as much.
- Adeline Yen Mah
the bus timetable sites are all run by an inbred cabal of malicious gnomes. Who don't speak English. And who don't count very well either. Or tell time. And they certainly can't read maps.
- Robin Mckinley
I speak English without an accent, and I speak Spanish without an accent. I really do have the best of both worlds.
- Eva Mendes
Let us work toward greater cooperation with all Caribbean Countries, whether we speak English, Dutch, French or Spanish, whether we are independent or not, and whether we be island or continental territories.
- Said Musa
It took me a year to really learn the American lingo. I really feel for people who are coming here and don't speak English at all. It must be hell.
- Helen Reddy
I've said it once and I will say it again, why can't everyone just speak English? The Americans give it a bit of a go why can't
other nations?
- Louise Rennison
Nowadays, anyone who cannot speak English and is incapable of using the Internet is regarded as backward.
- Alwaleed Bin Talal
When I first came to this country, I didn't know how to speak English.
- Wilmer Valderrama
The first meeting I really remember with the good doctor was when I was starting to be able to speak English again and making a brave attempt to regain some of my dignity. Trying to be very sane, I went up to him and asked if he was my doctor. He said he didn't think so.
"You're Dr. Dale, aren't you?"
"Why, Mark, of course. I didn't recognize you with clothes on." He had a talent for saying just the right thing.
- Mark Vonnegut
Somebody said to me that I speak English almost like somebody for whom English is not their first language.
- Christopher Walken
Dreams do come true, even for someone who couldn't speak English and never had a music lesson or much of an education.
- Lawrence Welk
For over ten years I always had, but I don't speak English.
- Zhang Yimou
- Aravind Adiga
Just so you know, I speak English. You don't have to macho-speak with shit like 'you with me' after you macho-speak with a bunch of bossing me around. I get you. I'm with you. Or if I'm not, I'll tell you."
"Noted," he muttered but sounded like he was smiling.
I made the diplomatic decision not to look.
- Kristen Ashley
Everybody in Spain is sick of me. But in America, there's curiosity about the new kid on the block who doesn't speak English very well. The attention makes me feel vulnerable, which is something I hadn't felt in a while. But I like it.
- Javier Bardem
Speak English!' said the Eaglet. 'I don't know the meaning of half those long words, and I don't believe you do either!
- Lewis Carroll
In English, I'm a little bit limited. I speak English as a second language, and that's a little limitation that I have to work around and I have to use it to my favor. So, yes, that's why I end up wanting to do more things in Latin America.
- Gael Garcia Bernal
Yes, they broke the law, but we can't deport them. Let's get over this pointing fingers and do something about that, whether it - they have to pay a fine, learn to speak English, the history, you can do that. And then you have to give visas for the skills we need.
- Michael Bloomberg
More than 300 million people in the world speak English and the rest, it sometimes seems, try to.
- Bill Bryson
Dejardins was so stunned, he momentarily forgot how to speak English. Ce n'est pas possible. On ne pourrait pas-
- Rick Riordan
In this country, it doesn't make any difference where you were born. It doesn't make any difference who your parents were. It doesn't make any difference if, like me, you couldn't even speak English until you were in your twenties.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
I met my wife through playing golf. She is French and couldn't speak English and I couldn't speak French, so there was little chance of us getting involved in any boring conversations - that's why we got married really quickly.
- Sean Connery
To write or even speak English is not a science but an art. There are no reliable words. Whoever writes English is involved in a struggle that never lets up even for a sentence. He is struggling against vagueness, against obscurity, against the lure of the decorative adjective, against the encroachment of Latin and Greek, and, above all, against the worn-out phrases and dead metaphors with which the language is cluttered up.
- George Orwell
Children learn to speak Male or Female the way they learn to speak English or French.
- Jeffrey Eugenides
This made no sense to me, probably because I speak English and have never had a head injury.
- Tina Fey
MTV and video games have solved that problem as far as most of humanity goes. That, and telly, as it were."
"Telly?" Who was that?
He grunted in amusement. "Television, of course. Don't you speak English?"
"You sure don't," I muttered.
Shaking his head, he frowned at me.
- Jeaniene Frost
Every German child learns to speak English in school.
- Cornelia Funke
It seemed to me that, somehow, the blue jay was trying to communicate with me. I would see him fly into the house across the way, pick up the telephone, and dial. My phone would ring, and it would be him, but it was just this squawking and cheeping. "What?! What?!" I would yell back, but he never did speak English.
- Abraham Lincoln
I speak English, so I am no longer cute. My tongue itches for French.
- Anna Held
When I took part in European leaders summits, it was sometimes unpleasant for me to hear Romanian, Polish, Portuguese, and Italian friends speak English, although I admit that on an informal basis, first contacts can be made in this language. Nevertheless, I will defend everywhere the use of the French language.
- Francois Hollande
American professional athletes are bilingual; they speak English and profanity.
- Gordie Howe
As my grandfather once famously shouted, in a drunken stupor, "You can't have fish tacos if you still have the hook in your mouth!" And while I have no idea what he meant, or how it's relevant, I tell that story to any indigenous Mexican I meet who doesn't speak English. Interestingly, they offer the wisest response possible: they simply nod and smile.
- Jarod Kintz
I didn't speak English until I came to Pittsburgh.
- Mario Lemieux
You may be right in believing that if you study hard, one day you might become fluent in English. But you will still look Chinese, and when people meet you, they'll see a Chinese girl no matter how well you speak English. You'll always be expected to know Chinese, and if you don't, I'm afraid they will not respect you as much.
- Adeline Yen Mah
the bus timetable sites are all run by an inbred cabal of malicious gnomes. Who don't speak English. And who don't count very well either. Or tell time. And they certainly can't read maps.
- Robin Mckinley
I speak English without an accent, and I speak Spanish without an accent. I really do have the best of both worlds.
- Eva Mendes
Let us work toward greater cooperation with all Caribbean Countries, whether we speak English, Dutch, French or Spanish, whether we are independent or not, and whether we be island or continental territories.
- Said Musa
It took me a year to really learn the American lingo. I really feel for people who are coming here and don't speak English at all. It must be hell.
- Helen Reddy
I've said it once and I will say it again, why can't everyone just speak English? The Americans give it a bit of a go why can't
other nations?
- Louise Rennison
Nowadays, anyone who cannot speak English and is incapable of using the Internet is regarded as backward.
- Alwaleed Bin Talal
When I first came to this country, I didn't know how to speak English.
- Wilmer Valderrama
The first meeting I really remember with the good doctor was when I was starting to be able to speak English again and making a brave attempt to regain some of my dignity. Trying to be very sane, I went up to him and asked if he was my doctor. He said he didn't think so.
"You're Dr. Dale, aren't you?"
"Why, Mark, of course. I didn't recognize you with clothes on." He had a talent for saying just the right thing.
- Mark Vonnegut
Somebody said to me that I speak English almost like somebody for whom English is not their first language.
- Christopher Walken
Dreams do come true, even for someone who couldn't speak English and never had a music lesson or much of an education.
- Lawrence Welk
For over ten years I always had, but I don't speak English.
- Zhang Yimou
Comments
Post a Comment