Skip to main content

Im Mad Quotes

She held her breath as it stopped ringing and connected.
"Hello, beautiful Livia," Blake answered.
"How did you know it was me?" Livia saw her wide smile in the rear view mirror.
"The phone looked sexier when it rang."
She could hear a matching smile in his voice and sighed. Livia hugged herself with her free arm. Just the sound of him made her skin beg to be touched.
- Debra Anastasia

Livia, I'm made of glass, but it only shows in the sun. I can't be caught in sunlight or everyone will know what I am."
"I'm sorry to hear that, Blake. But I bet you're very beautiful in the sun." She watched as his face became triumphant.
- Debra Anastasia

Being with him made me want to make my own dreams, discover my own path. I was my best self when I was with him.
- Heather Anastasiu

What's with her?" says the painter.
"She's mad because she's a woman," Jon says. This is something I haven't heard for years, not since high school. Once it was a shaming thing to say, and crushing to have it said about you, by a man. It implied oddness, deformity, sexual malfunction.
I go to the living room doorway. "I'm not mad because I'm a woman," I say. "I'm mad because you're an asshole.
- Margaret Atwood

Had Elizabeth been able to encounter his eye, she might have seen how well the expression of heartfelt delight, diffused over his face, became him; but, though she could not look, she could listen, and he told her of feelings, which, in proving of what importance she was to him, made his affection every moment more valuable.
- Jane Austen

But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.
- Lewis Carroll

Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.
- Lewis Carroll

Alice didn't think that proved it at all; however, she went on: 'And how do you know that you're mad?'
'To begin with,' said the Cat, 'a dog's not mad. You grant that?'
'I suppose so,' said Alice.
'Well then,' the Cat went on, 'you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.'
'I call it purring, not growling,' said Alice.
- Lewis Carroll

Oh, you ca'n't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
- Lewis Carroll

And how do you know that you're mad? "To begin with," said the Cat, "a dog's not mad. You grant that?" I suppose so, said Alice. "Well then," the Cat went on, "you see a dog growls when it's angry, and wags it's tale when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad.
- Lewis Carroll

To obtain a man's opinion of you, make him mad.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

Some deemed him wondrous wise, and some believed him mad.
- James Beattie

It just happens to be the way that I'm made. I have to write things down to feel I fully comprehend them.
- Haruki Murakami

Which is why I am writing this book. To think. To understand. It just happens to be the way I'm made. I have to write things down to feel I fully comprehend them.
- Haruki Murakami

I'm done with men... I'm going to be alone. I have no luck with relationships. I don't think I'm made for marriage.
- Halle Berry

I know not by what power I'm made bold.
- William Shakespeare

I feel like I swallowed a Magritte. Like on the inside, I'm made of clouds and floating eyes, green apples, and slowly rising men in bowler hats.
- Libba Bray

Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad.
- George Bernard Shaw

THAT'S IT!" Terminus cried. "That's AGAINST THE RULES!"
Polybotes frowned, obviously confused that he was being told off by a statue. "What are you?" he growled. "Shut up!"
He pushed the statue over and turned back to Percy.
"Now I'm MAD!" Terminus shrieked. "I'm strangling you. Feel that? Those are my hands around your neck, you big bully. Get over here! I'm going to head-butt you so hard--
- Rick Riordan

a man there was, though some did count him mad, the more he cast away the more he had.
- John Bunyan

Something about him made her pause. When his eyes glittered back at her from the shadows, Ari felt his gaze on her with a jolt, like sun peering through the crack in a curtain, waking one with burning eyes and a groan. It wasn't unpleasant but it was unexpected and intense.
- Samantha Young

If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose then I'm mad. That's the way history is written
- Eoin Colfer

His incredible untidiness, his addiction to music at strange hours, his occasional revolver practice within doors, his weird and often malodorous scientific experiments, and the atmosphere of violence and danger which hung around him made him the very worst tenant in London.
- Arthur Conan Doyle

Stan said he used to keep Hardy late, make him miss his golf game, and really get him mad.
- Dick Van Dyke

I loved having a dad who was smarter than the New York Times, and I loved how my cheek could feel the hairs on his chest through his T-shirt, and how he always smelled like shaving, even at the end of the day. Being with him made my brain quiet. I didn't have to invent a thing.
- Jonathan Safran Foer

Being with him made my brain quiet. I didn't have to invent a thing.
- Jonathan Safran Foer

To answer your question, you want me because I'm made of awesome.
- Gena Showalter

That's because I'm made of awesome."
"And dipped in awesome."
"And sprinkled with awesome."
"Gods, I love the taste of awesome.
- Gena Showalter

So much of love is curiousity, a search inside the other for some little piece of self; emerging from the bear cave of them with your birthday candle and filament of ore: the same as that I'm made of!
- Anna Funder

I'm so in love with the United States. Not as a patriot. I'm in love with America like it's my first girlfriend. The geography, the people, the smell, the touch, the taste, the gas stations. I'm madly in love with America.
- Vincent Gallo

I'm mad at you because I love you, not because I want you dead.
- Tate Hallaway

If... if I didn't try to get my life moving on my own account, I should think it just absurd to go on living.'
A look of smiling obstinacy had come into Marcelle's face.
'Yes, yes - it's your vice.'
'It's not a vice. It's how I'm made.'
'Why aren't other people made like that, if it isn't a vice?'
'They are, only they don't know it.
- Jean Paul Sartre

Just thinking about him made her smile, sent a cheerful little shiver up her spine. Love was terrifying and weird, and sometimes uncomfortable. But it was so fucking sweet
- Stacia Kane

In a sense, I'm mad (and withdrawn from life) while they're sane, human, normal - but in another sense, I speak from the depths of a vision of truth when I say that this continual jockeying for position is the enemy of life in itself. It may be life, 'life is like that,' it may be human and true, but it's also the death-part of life, and our purpose after all is to live and be true. We'll see.
- Jack Kerouac

Though I weigh only 120 pounds, when I'm mad, I weigh a ton.
- Thomas Starr King

Green heard her voice, murmuring,
and Adrian's, murmuring back. Something inside of him made an actual
glass-cracking noiseand before he could convince himself that that it was
his imagination, Blissa and three of the other nymphs danced through the
hallway and into the living room.
"We heard that." Blissa said, sweetly.
"Heard what?" He asked, genuinely surprised.
"Heard your heart breaking." Said Grace.
- Amy Lane

Holmes was charming and gracious, but something about him made Belknap uneasy. He could not have defined it. Indeed, for the next several decades alienists and their successors would find themselves hard-pressed to describe with any precision what it was about men like Holmes that could cause them to seem warm and ingratiating but also telegraph the vague sense that some important element of humanness was missing.
- Erik Larson

I'm mad at Hank Aaron for deciding to play one more season. I threw him his last home run and thought I'd be remembered forever. Now, I'll have to throw him another.
- Bill Lee

I get mad. I get sad. I have all those emotions. But I just like to keep them to myself. I don't think my fans need to be bothered with if I'm mad or sad about something. I should just be concerned that they are keeping up with my music or I'm making them happy with my show.
- Demi Lovato

I'm mad in the front of my mind, but business-minded in the back.
- Alexander Mcqueen

I came out wanting to be an actor. From my first view of the world, that's what I wanted to be. I'm made of 99 percent ham and 1 percent water. I was just cooked that way!
- Mike Myers

Wherever your heart rests
There I will live and be blessed
I've tried to line up the things I
Needed to say but now my feelings just
Tumble from me. I am half foolish,
Half drunk with wanting you
With wanting to take your hand
And leap into the darkness of whatever
Life will bring. Love makes me
Brave and without love I'm made
Nothing.
- Walter Dean Myers

An ancient dictum says that when Zeus wanted to destroy someone, he would first drive him mad.
- Jeanmarie Le Pen

Looking at him made things worse. It wrapped her closer to him and made her want to drag in every breath of air that specifically made him Thayer.
- Calia Read

I love you. I'm madly in love with you. Well, madly obviously, given I'm mad as a mudlark. But you saved my life. I'd be dead without you. And you're so good to me. And you love me too. How lucky is that? Amazing! Amazingly lucky. I can't live without you. You're my lucky charm.
She felt a sudden desire to kill Justin's well-meaning friend.
- Meg Rosoff

The claim made by Team Obama that every dollar in stimulus translates into a dollar-and-a-half in growth is economic fiction. The costs of stimulus reduce future growth. No country has ever spent itself to prosperity. The price of stimulus has to be paid sometime.
- Karl Rove

Being with him made her feel as though her soul had escaped from the narrow confines of her island country into the vast, extravagant spaces of his. He made her feel as though the world belonged to them- as though it lay before them like an opened frog on a dissecting table, begging to be examined.
- Arundhati Roy

He had a talent for asking exactly the right questions to lead me to my own answers. Just being near him made things clearer.
- K D Sarge

Why would affluence make him mad?"
"Maybe he's mad that this is as good as it gets. Your big house. His good school. I think it's very difficult for kids these days, in a way. The country's very prosperity has become a burden, a dead end. Everything works, doesn't it? At least if you're white and middle class. So it must often seem to young people that they're not needed. In a sense, it's as if there's nothing more to do.
- Lionel Shriver

You can tell the size of a man by the size of the thing that makes him mad.
- Adlai E Stevenson

... and he kills without fear, or anger, or hate, with regret even, simply because its necessary. That's rare, and it's rare still among the really first-rate. God help the enemy that finally frightens him or makes him mad.
- S M Stirling

I am a relationship girl. That's kind of just how I'm made... When you're in my life, it's actually very contained.
- Charlize Theron

I'm mad about the waste that happens when people who love each other can't even bring themselves to talk.
- Alice Walker

Was true love when you wanted to slap someone and kiss him madly at the same time?
- Nancy Werlin

The thought of these vast stacks of books would drive him mad: the more he read, the less he seemed to know the greater the number of the books he read, the greater the immense uncountable number of those which he could never read would seem to be.... The thought that other books were waiting for him tore at his heart forever.
- Thomas Wolfe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater