January 8 has been a lucky day for me. I have started all my books on that day, and all of them have been well received by the readers. I write eight to ten hours a day until I have a first draft, then I can relax a little. I am very disciplined. I write in silence and solitude. I light a candle to call inspiration and the muses, and I surround myself with pictures of the people I love, dead and alive.
- Isabel Allende
Let us beware of common folk, of common sense, of sentiment, of inspiration, and of the obvious.
- Charles Baudelaire
Your best creative assets do not occur unless you do a mental shift. You have to be in a positive frame of mind because inspiration is fleeting. I walk to work for inspiration and to clear my mind.
- Ron Benisrael
Creation is bringing potential into being, bringing inspiration into action. Inspiration and action are nothing when they are apart. Inspiration feels like a great a wondrous thing, but if it is not manifested, it is as if it never existed. Likewise, action without inspiration has no purpose. It is only when they are together as one that they are truly something.
- Kristi Bowman
Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination.
- Louise Brooks
I viddied that thinking is for the gloopy ones and that the oomny ones use like inspiration and what Bog sends. For now it was lovely music that came to my aid.
- Anthony Burgess
Science is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
- Albert Einstein
One needs to know what the hierarchy of values are from which one takes inspiration, and in a democratic society this is the subject of continuous democratic debate.
- Rocco Buttiglione
Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be Revelation.
- Eileen Caddy
My mother taught me about the power of inspiration and courage, and she did it with a strength and a passion that I wish could be bottled.
- Carly Fiorina
I always seem to get inspiration and renewed vitality by contact with this great novel land of yours which sticks up out of the Atlantic.
- Winston Churchill
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Winston Churchill
Wherever you go, go with inspiration and aspiration.
Whatever you do, do with love and concern.
Whomever you see, see with purity's beauty
And responsibility's glory.
- Sri Chinmoy
I have inspiration and feelings of being alive most every day I live.
- Judy Collins
I've always said "Writer's Block" is a myth. There is no such thing as writer's block, only writers trying to force something that isn't ready yet. Sometimes I don't write for weeks. And then all of the sudden I'll get a rush of inspiration and you can't drag me away from my notebook. But I don't stress out if I don't hit some arbitrary word count each day or if I go a few days without writing something.
- Julie Ann Dawson
I felt Joyce was an influence on my fiction, but in a very general way, as a kind of inspiration and a model for the beauty of language.
- Don Delillo
Human beings have speculated about the relationship between inspiration and insanity for centuries.
- Patty Duke
Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.
- Thomas A Edison
Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
- Thomas A Edison
To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?
- Queen Elizabeth Ii
I don't believe in total freedom for the artist. Left on his own, free to do anything he likes, the artist ends up doing nothing at all. If there's one thing that's dangerous for an artist, it's precisely this question of total freedom, waiting for inspiration and all the rest of it.
- Federico Fellini
Education in the past has been too much inspiration and too little information.
- E Franklin Frazier
The exterior cannot do without the interior since it is from this, as from life, that it derives much of its inspiration and character.
- Stephen Gardiner
I have worked enough and I am happy to be touring the country speaking about living with MS to give people inspiration and motivation to help themselves.
- Teri Garr
In my view, I am often immensely rich, not in money, but (although just now perhaps not all the time) rich because I have found my metier, something I can devote myself to heart and soul and that gives inspiration and meaning to my life.
- Vincent Van Gogh
Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model.
- Vincent Van Gogh
The writer cannot abandon himself simply to inspiration, and feign innocence vis a vis language, because language is never innocent.
- Juan Goytisolo
I'd like to provide information, inspiration, and access to whatever goods and services are needed to make it super easy for everyone to change their lifestyle to a sustainable one.
- Daryl Hannah
But the best, in my opinion, was the home life in the little flat--the ardent, voluble chats after the day's study; the cozy dinners and fresh, light breakfasts; the interchange of ambitions--ambitions interwoven each with the other's or else inconsiderable--the mutual help and inspiration; and--overlook my artlessness--stuffed olives and cheese sandwiches at 11 p.m.
- O Henry
Civilization grew in the beginning from the minute that we had communication - particularly communication by sea that enabled people to get inspiration and ideas from each other and to exchange basic raw materials.
- Thor Heyerdahl
All this talk about inspiration and moment is nonsense.
- M F Husain
But inspiration? - That's when you come home from abroad and are asked: Well, have you found inspiration? - and fortunately you haven't. But the impressions sink in, of course, and may emerge later: None of us has invented the house; that was done many thousands of years ago.
- Arne Jacobsen
From the throes of inspiration and the eddies of thought the poet may at last be able to arrive at, and convey the right admixture of words and meaning.
- Eyvind Johnson
I owe a debt of gratitude to two other living Justices. Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg paved the way for me and so many other women in my generation. Their pioneering lives have created boundless possibilities for women in the law. I thank them for their inspiration and also for the personal kindnesses they have shown me.
- Elena Kagan
The book is there for inspiration and as a foundation, the fundamentals on which to build.
- Thomas Keller
Man is a centaur, a tangle of flesh and mind, divine inspiration and dust.
- Primo Levi
So I just had to step up how I was doing it and the moment that I stepped up and the moment I focused all my energy on that is when things started to happen. So there's a direct relationship between my inspiration and my output.
- Talib Kweli
For a painter, the Mecca of the world, for study, for inspiration and for living is here on this star called Paris. Just look at it, no wonder so many artists have come here and called it home. Brother, if you can't paint in Paris, you'd better give up and marry the boss's daughter.
- Alan Jay Lerner
People who study the scriptures get a dimension to their life that nobody else gets and that can't be gained in any way except by studying the scriptures. There's an increase in faith and a desire to do what's right and a feeling of inspiration and understanding that comes to people who study the gospel - meaning particularly the Standard Works - and who ponder the principles, that can't come in any other way.
- Bruce R Mcconkie
Times have changed since George Herbert... but the principle and spirit in which he ministered as a priest remains an inspiration and model for all priests.
- Arthur Middleton
One of the really important things about the Olympics is, to enjoy yourself, you have to accept that it's different and feed off the enthusiasm of everyone and the inspiration and hopefully that will elevate your performance.
- Bode Miller
The way I create music is maybe like a painting, to compose in a more visual way. Basically it's the music that I want to hear- that's my inspiration and bottom line. I just try to get ideas from books, movies, paintings.
- Ikue Mori
Thank you, baby, for being my rock, my safe place to land, my inspiration, and my heart. No matter what, snaring you as a husband will always remain my greatest achievement. I love you.
- Zathyn Priest
The really inspired person is never inspired: he's always inspired: he doesn't go looking for inspiration and he doesn't get up in arms about artistic technique.
- Raymond Queneau
My mother and my grandmother are pioneers of Mexican cuisine in this country, so I grew up in the kitchen. My mom, Zarela Martinez, was by far my biggest influence and inspiration - and toughest critic.
- Aaron Sanchez
Spirituality yields two fruits. The first in inspiration to know what to do. The second is power, or the capacity to do it. These two capacities come together. That's why Nephi could say, 'I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded' (1 Nephi 3:7). He knew the spiritual laws upon which inspiration and power are based. Yes, God answers prayer and gives us spiritual direction when we live obediently and exercise the required faith in Him.
- Richard G Scott
We are entirely dependent upon the spirit of inspiration, and if there ever was a time, since Adam occupied the Garden of Eden, when the Spirit of God was more needed than at the present time, I am not aware of it.
- Lorenzo Snow
One ends up relying on pure musical inspiration, and failing that, the music won't lead to anything good, or it will alienate all but the most die-hard fans.
- Boris Vian
If the script is telling the story well, that is your inspiration, and you do not need to go somewhere else.
- Tom Wilkinson
I can speak for most songwriters - those breakup love songs are so easy to write, as far as the inspiration and all that.
- Lucinda Williams
No man ever did, nor ever shall, truly go forth to convert the nations, nor to prophesy in the present state of witnesses against Antichrist, but by the gracious inspiration and instigation of the Holy Spirit of God.
- Roger Williams
- Isabel Allende
Let us beware of common folk, of common sense, of sentiment, of inspiration, and of the obvious.
- Charles Baudelaire
Your best creative assets do not occur unless you do a mental shift. You have to be in a positive frame of mind because inspiration is fleeting. I walk to work for inspiration and to clear my mind.
- Ron Benisrael
Creation is bringing potential into being, bringing inspiration into action. Inspiration and action are nothing when they are apart. Inspiration feels like a great a wondrous thing, but if it is not manifested, it is as if it never existed. Likewise, action without inspiration has no purpose. It is only when they are together as one that they are truly something.
- Kristi Bowman
Writing is 1 percent inspiration, and 99 percent elimination.
- Louise Brooks
I viddied that thinking is for the gloopy ones and that the oomny ones use like inspiration and what Bog sends. For now it was lovely music that came to my aid.
- Anthony Burgess
Science is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
- Albert Einstein
One needs to know what the hierarchy of values are from which one takes inspiration, and in a democratic society this is the subject of continuous democratic debate.
- Rocco Buttiglione
Cease trying to work everything out with your minds. It will get you nowhere. Live by intuition and inspiration and let your whole life be Revelation.
- Eileen Caddy
My mother taught me about the power of inspiration and courage, and she did it with a strength and a passion that I wish could be bottled.
- Carly Fiorina
I always seem to get inspiration and renewed vitality by contact with this great novel land of yours which sticks up out of the Atlantic.
- Winston Churchill
We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
- Winston Churchill
Wherever you go, go with inspiration and aspiration.
Whatever you do, do with love and concern.
Whomever you see, see with purity's beauty
And responsibility's glory.
- Sri Chinmoy
I have inspiration and feelings of being alive most every day I live.
- Judy Collins
I've always said "Writer's Block" is a myth. There is no such thing as writer's block, only writers trying to force something that isn't ready yet. Sometimes I don't write for weeks. And then all of the sudden I'll get a rush of inspiration and you can't drag me away from my notebook. But I don't stress out if I don't hit some arbitrary word count each day or if I go a few days without writing something.
- Julie Ann Dawson
I felt Joyce was an influence on my fiction, but in a very general way, as a kind of inspiration and a model for the beauty of language.
- Don Delillo
Human beings have speculated about the relationship between inspiration and insanity for centuries.
- Patty Duke
Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.
- Thomas A Edison
Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.
- Thomas A Edison
To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?
- Queen Elizabeth Ii
I don't believe in total freedom for the artist. Left on his own, free to do anything he likes, the artist ends up doing nothing at all. If there's one thing that's dangerous for an artist, it's precisely this question of total freedom, waiting for inspiration and all the rest of it.
- Federico Fellini
Education in the past has been too much inspiration and too little information.
- E Franklin Frazier
The exterior cannot do without the interior since it is from this, as from life, that it derives much of its inspiration and character.
- Stephen Gardiner
I have worked enough and I am happy to be touring the country speaking about living with MS to give people inspiration and motivation to help themselves.
- Teri Garr
In my view, I am often immensely rich, not in money, but (although just now perhaps not all the time) rich because I have found my metier, something I can devote myself to heart and soul and that gives inspiration and meaning to my life.
- Vincent Van Gogh
Do not quench your inspiration and your imagination; do not become the slave of your model.
- Vincent Van Gogh
The writer cannot abandon himself simply to inspiration, and feign innocence vis a vis language, because language is never innocent.
- Juan Goytisolo
I'd like to provide information, inspiration, and access to whatever goods and services are needed to make it super easy for everyone to change their lifestyle to a sustainable one.
- Daryl Hannah
But the best, in my opinion, was the home life in the little flat--the ardent, voluble chats after the day's study; the cozy dinners and fresh, light breakfasts; the interchange of ambitions--ambitions interwoven each with the other's or else inconsiderable--the mutual help and inspiration; and--overlook my artlessness--stuffed olives and cheese sandwiches at 11 p.m.
- O Henry
Civilization grew in the beginning from the minute that we had communication - particularly communication by sea that enabled people to get inspiration and ideas from each other and to exchange basic raw materials.
- Thor Heyerdahl
All this talk about inspiration and moment is nonsense.
- M F Husain
But inspiration? - That's when you come home from abroad and are asked: Well, have you found inspiration? - and fortunately you haven't. But the impressions sink in, of course, and may emerge later: None of us has invented the house; that was done many thousands of years ago.
- Arne Jacobsen
From the throes of inspiration and the eddies of thought the poet may at last be able to arrive at, and convey the right admixture of words and meaning.
- Eyvind Johnson
I owe a debt of gratitude to two other living Justices. Sandra Day O'Connor and Ruth Bader Ginsburg paved the way for me and so many other women in my generation. Their pioneering lives have created boundless possibilities for women in the law. I thank them for their inspiration and also for the personal kindnesses they have shown me.
- Elena Kagan
The book is there for inspiration and as a foundation, the fundamentals on which to build.
- Thomas Keller
Man is a centaur, a tangle of flesh and mind, divine inspiration and dust.
- Primo Levi
So I just had to step up how I was doing it and the moment that I stepped up and the moment I focused all my energy on that is when things started to happen. So there's a direct relationship between my inspiration and my output.
- Talib Kweli
For a painter, the Mecca of the world, for study, for inspiration and for living is here on this star called Paris. Just look at it, no wonder so many artists have come here and called it home. Brother, if you can't paint in Paris, you'd better give up and marry the boss's daughter.
- Alan Jay Lerner
People who study the scriptures get a dimension to their life that nobody else gets and that can't be gained in any way except by studying the scriptures. There's an increase in faith and a desire to do what's right and a feeling of inspiration and understanding that comes to people who study the gospel - meaning particularly the Standard Works - and who ponder the principles, that can't come in any other way.
- Bruce R Mcconkie
Times have changed since George Herbert... but the principle and spirit in which he ministered as a priest remains an inspiration and model for all priests.
- Arthur Middleton
One of the really important things about the Olympics is, to enjoy yourself, you have to accept that it's different and feed off the enthusiasm of everyone and the inspiration and hopefully that will elevate your performance.
- Bode Miller
The way I create music is maybe like a painting, to compose in a more visual way. Basically it's the music that I want to hear- that's my inspiration and bottom line. I just try to get ideas from books, movies, paintings.
- Ikue Mori
Thank you, baby, for being my rock, my safe place to land, my inspiration, and my heart. No matter what, snaring you as a husband will always remain my greatest achievement. I love you.
- Zathyn Priest
The really inspired person is never inspired: he's always inspired: he doesn't go looking for inspiration and he doesn't get up in arms about artistic technique.
- Raymond Queneau
My mother and my grandmother are pioneers of Mexican cuisine in this country, so I grew up in the kitchen. My mom, Zarela Martinez, was by far my biggest influence and inspiration - and toughest critic.
- Aaron Sanchez
Spirituality yields two fruits. The first in inspiration to know what to do. The second is power, or the capacity to do it. These two capacities come together. That's why Nephi could say, 'I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded' (1 Nephi 3:7). He knew the spiritual laws upon which inspiration and power are based. Yes, God answers prayer and gives us spiritual direction when we live obediently and exercise the required faith in Him.
- Richard G Scott
We are entirely dependent upon the spirit of inspiration, and if there ever was a time, since Adam occupied the Garden of Eden, when the Spirit of God was more needed than at the present time, I am not aware of it.
- Lorenzo Snow
One ends up relying on pure musical inspiration, and failing that, the music won't lead to anything good, or it will alienate all but the most die-hard fans.
- Boris Vian
If the script is telling the story well, that is your inspiration, and you do not need to go somewhere else.
- Tom Wilkinson
I can speak for most songwriters - those breakup love songs are so easy to write, as far as the inspiration and all that.
- Lucinda Williams
No man ever did, nor ever shall, truly go forth to convert the nations, nor to prophesy in the present state of witnesses against Antichrist, but by the gracious inspiration and instigation of the Holy Spirit of God.
- Roger Williams