Skip to main content

My Enemies Quotes

Anyone not paranoid in this world must be crazy.... Speaking of paranoia, it's true that I do not know exactly who my enemies are. But that of course is exactly why I'm paranoid.
- Edward Abbey

All I really want is enough to live on, a little house in the country... and a tree in the garden with seven of my enemies hanging in it.
- Heinrich Heine

Give me strength, not to be better than my enemies, but to defeat my greatest enemy, the doubts within myself. give me strength for a straight back and clear eyes, so when life fades, as the setting sun, my spirit may come to you without shame.
- P C Cast

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
- Oscar Wilde

Susan: ...My enemies can take what they want, but my life is mine and so long as I breathe, it has value. I won't ever give up. Not again.
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

Let's play it safe. I'm not in the mood to run right now and I know fighting is suicide. Last thing I want to do is make my enemies happy by dying. (Syn)
- Sherrilyn Kenyon

But very often in politics we have the experience called up from my father when someone was trying to help him in the campaign: I can take care of my enemies, may the Good Lord save me from my friends.
- Robert Foster Bennett

To my surprise, my 70s are nicer than my 60s and my 60s than my 50s, and I wouldn't wish my teens and 20s on my enemies.
- Lionel Blue

I am often thought of as being remarkably bright, and yet my brains, more often than not, are busily devising new and interesting ways of bringing my enemies to sudden, gagging, writhing, agonizing death.
- Alan Bradley

Let my enemies devour each other.
- Salvador Dali

Do you think me cruel?" Neith asked. "Oh, yes, I collect the pockets of my enemies."
"Horrifying," I said. "I didn't know demons had pockets."
"Oh, yes." Neith glanced in either direction, apparently to be sure no one was eavesdropping. "You just have to know where to look.
- Rick Riordan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.
- Voltaire

May God defend me from my friends: I can defend myself from my enemies.
- Voltaire

What can be feared when one is doing one's duty? I know the rage of my enemies. I know all their slanders; but when one only tries to do good to men and when one does not offend heaven, one can fear nothing, neither during life nor after death.
- Voltaire

When my enemies stop hissing, I shall know I'm slipping.
- Maria Callas

I would not kill my enemies, but I will make them get down on their knees. I will, I can, I must.
- Maria Callas

The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not want for nothing. He makes me lie down in the green pastures. He greases up my head with oil. He gives me kung-fu in the face of my enemies. Amen
- Stephen King

I bring out the worst in my enemies and that's how I get them to defeat themselves.
- Roy Cohn

Wait!" Conrad said. "Did someone... one of my enemies set this fire?"
Nix turned back with a grin. "Unless you'd pissed off some wirring-hungry nutrias, then I'm going with no.
- Kresley Cole

My enemies are worms, cool days, and most of all woodchucks.
- Henry David Thoreau

Let no one think of me that I am humble or weak or passive; let them understand I am of a different kind: dangerous to my enemies, loyal to my friends. To such a life glory belongs.
- Euripides

A few grass mats, some cave drawings, the heads of my enemies mounted on the wall... it could be quite pleasant.
- Greg Farshtey

I was called a terrorist yesterday, but when I came out of jail, many people embraced me, including my enemies, and that is what I normally tell other people who say those who are struggling for liberation in their country are terrorists.
- Nelson Mandela

My enemies are everywhere, and my friends are useless.
- George R R Martin

The first glass is for myself, the second for my friends, the third for good humor, and the forth for my enemies.
- William Temple

I owe much to my friends; but, all things considered, it strikes me that I owe even more to my enemies. The real person springs life under a sting even better than under a caress.
- Andre Gide

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.
- Abraham Lincoln

Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?
- Abraham Lincoln

A Prince asked the dying spanish statesman, "Does your Excellency forgive all your enemies?" "I do not have to forgive all my enemies," answered the stateman, "I have had them all shot.
- Robert Greene

I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. But my friends, my goddamned friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor at nights!
- Warren G Harding

Agnes Darling, if such should be we never meet again, while firing my last shot, I will gently breathe the name of my wife - Agnes - and with wishes even for my enemies I will make the plunge and try to swim to the other shore.
- Wild Bill Hickok

How to Win a Fight - Step 1: Always make eye contact. Step 2: Go ahead and use henchmen - these days it's unnecessary and frowned upon to fight your own battles, especially with so many henchmen out of work. Step 3: Run lots of attack ads - I have run about 500 attack ads this year, and I expect that I will buy even more air time next year, because my enemies are getting stronger.
- John Hodgman

I'd rather ride a unicorn than a unicycle. But my enemies, they could all ride a unicycle with a horn instead of a seat.
- Jarod Kintz

I no doubt deserved my enemies, but I don't believe I deserved my friends.
- Walt Whitman

Tung felt the urge to add something to the banality. He decided to repeat Michael's clever toast... as best as he could remember it.
Shampoo for my real friends. Real poo for my enemies.
- Ken Magee

It is not enough for me to win. My enemies must lose.
- David Merrick

All the lines that held me to my life were sliced apart in swift cuts, like clipping the strings of a bunch of balloons. Everything that made me who I was - my love for the dead girl upstairs, my love for my father, my loyalty to my new pack, the love for my other brothers, my hatred for my enemies, my home, my name, my self - disconnected from me in that second - snip, snip, snip - and floated up into space.
- Stephenie Meyer

I couldn't make sense of the mess in my head. Diego was dead, and that was the main thing, the devastating thing. Other than that, the fight was over, my coven had lost and my enemies had won. But my dead coven was full of people who would have loved to watch me burn, and my enemies were speaking to me kindly when they had no reason to.
- Stephenie Meyer

If you are not with me, you are against me. I have no mercy for my enemies.
- Karen Marie Moning

My enemies are lions behind my back but become like quiet sheep when in my presence
- Kambiz Mostofizadeh

Supernatural healing was a handy trick for an absentminded vampire, although it would make my enemies harder to kill. Tit for tat, I guess.
- Chloe Neill

May God have mercy for my enemies because I won't.
- George S Patton

The only thing that will be remembered about my enemies after they're dead is the nasty things I've said about them.
- Camille Paglia

On the other hand, winning awards is cool. Aside from the warm fuzzy, it creates publicity, and that helps spread the word about the book.
Plus, this award was a plaque of some sort. I could have used that for all sorts of things. Obviously it would be useful for decorating the barren walls of my house and intimidating my enemies, but that's just for starters.
- Patrick Rothfuss

I hate admitting that my enemies have a point.
- Salman Rushdie

Nothing says you care for me better than offering to torture my enemies.
- Maria V Snyder

I feel safe in the midst of my enemies, for the truth is all powerful and will prevail.
- Sojourner Truth

So instead of ignoring the pain, I called out to it, reaching for more. Pain is part of who I am. It's the defining characteristic of a Shifter's transformation. Pain is what I suffer from my enemies. It is what I deal out to those who break our laws. It is what I protect my charges from. Pain is what I inherited from fate, that fickle bitch who gave me a mouth and fists, then put me in a world that wanted only my womb and my cradled arms.
- Rachel Vincent

I can kill with a single word. I can hurl a ball of fire into the midst of my enemies. I rule a squadron of skeletal warriors, who can destroy by touch alone. I can raise a wall of ice to protect those I serve. The invisible is discernible to my eyes. Ordinary magic spells crumble in my presence... But I bow in the presence of a master.
-- Lord Soth to Raistlin Majere
- Margaret Weis

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...