In the end he became as fragmentary as the poems of Sappho he never succeeded in restoring, and finally one morning he looked up into the face of the woman who'd been the greatest love of his life and failed to recognize her. And then there was another kind of blow inside his head; blood pooled in his brain for the last time, washing even the last fragments of his self away.
- Jeffrey Eugenides
There must of course be a relationship between translating and making poems of your own, but what it is I just don't know.
- Robert Fitzgerald
On that other novels followed: but I still wrote fairy tales and dreamy poems of another world.
- Laurence Housman
Ahead and to the west was our ranger station - and the mountains of Idaho, poems of geology stretching beyond any boundaries and seemingly even beyond the world.
- Norman Maclean
Modern poetry, for me, began not in English at all but in Spanish, in the poems of Lorca.
- W S Merwin
You needn't tell a bird it's a bird. Or remind a fish of its purpose. It's only us who lose our way. We have names because we must. - from Golden Tongue: The Poems of Steven Slaughter
- Maggie Stiefvater
We dance, we dance. You hold the thread of my soul. You spin, you spin. And you unravel the part from the whole. We laugh, we laugh. I'm so far from where I began. I fall, I fall. And I forget that I am.-from Golden Tongue:The Poems of Steven Slaughter
- Maggie Stiefvater
When the end comes, dark and hungry I'll be alone, love When the end comes, black and starving I'll say good-bye, love.-from Golden Tongue: The Poems of Steven Slaughter
- Maggie Stiefvater
I have a little tiny Emily Dickinson so big that I carry in my pocket everywhere. And you just read three poems of Emily. She is so brave. She is so strong. She is such a sexy, passionate, little woman. I feel better.
- Maurice Sendak
The great poems of heaven and hell have been written and the great poem of earth remains to be written.
- Wallace Stevens
- Jeffrey Eugenides
There must of course be a relationship between translating and making poems of your own, but what it is I just don't know.
- Robert Fitzgerald
On that other novels followed: but I still wrote fairy tales and dreamy poems of another world.
- Laurence Housman
Ahead and to the west was our ranger station - and the mountains of Idaho, poems of geology stretching beyond any boundaries and seemingly even beyond the world.
- Norman Maclean
Modern poetry, for me, began not in English at all but in Spanish, in the poems of Lorca.
- W S Merwin
You needn't tell a bird it's a bird. Or remind a fish of its purpose. It's only us who lose our way. We have names because we must. - from Golden Tongue: The Poems of Steven Slaughter
- Maggie Stiefvater
We dance, we dance. You hold the thread of my soul. You spin, you spin. And you unravel the part from the whole. We laugh, we laugh. I'm so far from where I began. I fall, I fall. And I forget that I am.-from Golden Tongue:The Poems of Steven Slaughter
- Maggie Stiefvater
When the end comes, dark and hungry I'll be alone, love When the end comes, black and starving I'll say good-bye, love.-from Golden Tongue: The Poems of Steven Slaughter
- Maggie Stiefvater
I have a little tiny Emily Dickinson so big that I carry in my pocket everywhere. And you just read three poems of Emily. She is so brave. She is so strong. She is such a sexy, passionate, little woman. I feel better.
- Maurice Sendak
The great poems of heaven and hell have been written and the great poem of earth remains to be written.
- Wallace Stevens
Comments
Post a Comment