Skip to main content

After Sunset Quotes

In me thou see'st the twilight of such day
As after sunset fadeth in the west,
Which by and by black night doth take away
Death's second self, that seals up all in rest.
-Sonnet 73
- William Shakespeare

All architecture is great architecture after sunset; perhaps architecture is really a nocturnal art, like the art of fireworks.
- Gilbert K Chesterton

Sometimes from this hillside just after sunset
The rim of the sky takes on a tinge
Of the palest green, like the flesh of a cucumber
When you peel it carefully.
- Robert Hass

A couple of hours after Sunset Michael Robartes returned and told me that I would have to learn the steps of an exceedingly antique dance, because before my initiation could be perfected I had to join three times in a magical dance, for rhythm was the wheel of Eternity, on which alone the transient and accidental could be broken, and the spirit set free.
- W B Yeats

Even as a child, she had preferred night to day, had enjoyed sitting out in the yard after sunset, under the star-speckled sky listening to frogs and crickets. Darkness soothed. It softened the sharp edges of the world, toned down the too-harsh colors. With the coming of twilight, the sky seemed to recede; the universe expanded. The night was bigger than the day, and in its realm, life seemed to have more possibilities.
- Dean Koontz

You get in before sunrise and you get out after sunset and you go home, eat and collapse. While you're aware of the ratings, you aren't prepared for the response of the fans.
- Parker Stevenson

If a man goes up into Parnassus after sunset, why should he not see strange things? The gods still walk there, and a man who would not go carefully in the country of the gods is a fool.
- Mary Stewart

08/14/1025h. Dessert Competitions.
08/14/1315h. Illinois State Fair Infirmary; then motel; then Springfield Memorial Medical Center Emergency Room for distention and possible rupture of transverse colon (false alarm); then motel; incapacitated till well after sunset; whole day a washout; incredibly embarrassing, unprofessional; indescribable. Delete entire day.
- David Foster Wallace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fat Person Quotes

She was convinced that she was anorexic, because every time she looked in the mirror she did indeed see a fat person. - Terry Pratchett I sensed immediately that he'd once been overweight. He moved with a fat person's tiptoey apology. - Jennifer Egan I feel self-conscious calling my cat fat in front of a fat person, considering I'm skinny and inconsiderate. - Jarod Kintz I call myself a FFP: former fat person, and when you're an FFP, you will always see in yourself what people used to bully you for. - Kelly Osbourne Well you know, it's true that as a fat person I run a greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, and a number of other things. But guess what? The amount of that risk is almost infinitessimal! - Daniel Pinkwater

Bass Player Quotes

I always just wanted to be the singer or the bass player in the band. I'd love to have a band, where I was obviously the singer, but where it wasn't me, it wasn't my name. - Bryan Adams In jazz, you listen to what the bass player is doing and what the drummer is doing, what the pianist and the guitarist is doing, and then you play something that compliments that, so you are thinking simultaneously and thinking ahead. - David Amram I can understand why some of these drummers and bass players become cult figures with all of their equipment and the incredible amount of technique they have. But there's very little that I think satisfies you intellectually or emotionally. - Ken Burns Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream. - Geezer Butler Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it. - Stanley Clarke There are a lot of people who can do it on the guitar and sing at the same t...