Don't pretend", I say Breathily. "You know I'm not. I'm not ugly, but I am certainly not pretty."
"Fine. You're not pretty. So?" He kisses my cheek. "I like how you look. You're deadly smart. You're brave.
- Veronica Roth
Well, I'm clearly not ugly.
- Megan Fox
I'm not ugly, but my beauty is a total creation.
- Georg Friedrich Hegel
Not ugly for someone her age, but what she's doing with those numbers and letters seem unholy.
- Carrie Jones
Life isn't so bad. I'm not fat (unless you're Gandhi), I'm not short (unless you're Goliath), and I'm not ugly (unless you're James Dean).
- Jarod Kintz
Also-and this is critical-you are not ugly."
She blinked.
Nick's eyes danced with amusement.
"Remember, Isabel. It was your brother who said it. I would not dare to take credit for such pretty words. I would have said something more pedestrian. It takes a great orator to come up with -"
"Not ugly." She gave a little shake of her head.
"What a lovely compliment.
- Sarah Maclean
There is something about the act of studying an unclothed body, as an artist does, that allows a person to appreciate it as pure form, regardless of the kinds of traits traditionally regarded as imperfections. In a figure drawing class, an obese woman's folds of flesh take on a kind of beauty. You can look at a man's shrunken chest or legs or buttocks with tenderness. Age is not ugly, just poignant.
- Joyce Maynard
I dare you to say I'm not ugly.
- Angela Morrison
You try to be good, to be good and loving and nice and not hard, not tough, a sweet nice girl, not ugly, not full of ugliness, but people make it impossible.
- Michelle Tea
"Fine. You're not pretty. So?" He kisses my cheek. "I like how you look. You're deadly smart. You're brave.
- Veronica Roth
Well, I'm clearly not ugly.
- Megan Fox
I'm not ugly, but my beauty is a total creation.
- Georg Friedrich Hegel
Not ugly for someone her age, but what she's doing with those numbers and letters seem unholy.
- Carrie Jones
Life isn't so bad. I'm not fat (unless you're Gandhi), I'm not short (unless you're Goliath), and I'm not ugly (unless you're James Dean).
- Jarod Kintz
Also-and this is critical-you are not ugly."
She blinked.
Nick's eyes danced with amusement.
"Remember, Isabel. It was your brother who said it. I would not dare to take credit for such pretty words. I would have said something more pedestrian. It takes a great orator to come up with -"
"Not ugly." She gave a little shake of her head.
"What a lovely compliment.
- Sarah Maclean
There is something about the act of studying an unclothed body, as an artist does, that allows a person to appreciate it as pure form, regardless of the kinds of traits traditionally regarded as imperfections. In a figure drawing class, an obese woman's folds of flesh take on a kind of beauty. You can look at a man's shrunken chest or legs or buttocks with tenderness. Age is not ugly, just poignant.
- Joyce Maynard
I dare you to say I'm not ugly.
- Angela Morrison
You try to be good, to be good and loving and nice and not hard, not tough, a sweet nice girl, not ugly, not full of ugliness, but people make it impossible.
- Michelle Tea
Comments
Post a Comment