The doctrine of original sin is the doctrine according to which divine forgiveness makes known the accidental nature of human mortality, thus permitting an entirely new anthropological understanding.
- James Alison
the Original Sin is to limit the ''is'':Don't
- Richard Bach
The original sin is to limit the Is. Don't.
- Richard Bach
A degree of culture, and assuredly a very high one, is attained when man rises above superstitions and religious notions and fears, and, for instance, no longer believes in guardian angels or in original sin, and has also ceased to talk of the salvation of his soul.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world's original sin. If the cave-man had known how to laugh, History would have been different.
- Oscar Wilde
Fear is the original sin. Almost all of the evil in the world has its origin in the fact that some one is afraid of something.It is a cold slimy serpent coiling about you. It is horrible to live with fear; and it is of all things degrading.
- L M Montgomery
The most original sin is not the thinker's but the poet's.
- Jose Bergamin
Only the old are innocent. That is what the Victorians understood, and the Christians. Original sin is a property of the young. The old grow beyond corruption very quickly.
- Malcolm Bradbury
Every life I start with her, my original sin. I know myself through her.
- Ann Brashares
It seems priggish or pollyannaish to deny that my intention in writing the work was to titillate the nastier propensities of my readers. My own healthy inheritance of original sin comes out in the book and I enjoyed raping and ripping by proxy. It is the novelist's innate cowardice that makes him depute to imaginary personalities the sins that he is too cautious to commit for himself.
- Anthony Burgess
An original something, dear maid, you would wish me to write; but how shall I begin? For I'm sure I have not original in me, Excepting Original Sin.
- Thomas Campbell
A man treats his own faults as original sin and supposes them scattered everywhere with the seed of Adam. He supposes that men have then added their own foreign vices to the solid and simple foundation of his own private vices. It would astound him to realize that they have actually, by their strange erratic path, avoided his vices as well as his virtues.
- Gilbert K Chesterton
There's no such thing as an original sin.
- Elvis Presley
Surely among the many outlandish successes of AMRV is that it has eradicated from human beings our original sin: hope. But I don't have AMRV, which means I still suffer from the cruelest disease of our species, terminal aspiration.
- John Green
To confess one's guilt and one's original sin is little, very little; one must wean oneself away from them completely. And that takes more than a little time.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
When my children were born, I didn't have them baptized because I felt baptism was about erasing Original Sin - something the Church said children got from their mother - and I absolutely refused to believe women carry Original Sin.
- Olympia Dukakis
There is no original sin. You don't have to pay repentance to anything or anybody.
- Desmond Harrington
Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn't original sin. He's born with the tragedy that he has to grow up... a lot of people don't have the courage to do it.
- Helen Hayes
Original sin is the only rational solution of the undeniable fact of the deep, universal and early manifested sinfulness of men in all ages, of every class, and in every part of the world.
- Charles Hodge
Intellectuals are the kind of people who demand evidence and are shocked by logical inconsistencies and fallacies. They regard oversimplification as the original sin of the mind and have not use for the slogans, the unqualified assertion and sweeping generalization which are the propagandist's stock in the trade.
- Aldous Huxley
Father, bless me for I have sinned, I did an original sin... I poked a badger with a spoon.
- Eddie Izzard
The doctrine of original sin claims that all men sinned in Adam; but whether they did or whether it is merely a fact that all men sin does not basically affect the problem of suffering.
- Walter Kaufmann
Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world's original sin. If cavemen had known how to laugh, history would have been different.
- Chuck Klosterman
Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born to people you could not have possibly met.
- Fran Lebowitz
The doctrines of original sin, election, and effectual calling, final perseverance, and all those great truths which are called Calvinism though Calvin was not the author of them, but simply an able writer and preacher upon the subject are, I believe, the essential doctrines of the gospel that is in Jesus Christ. Now, I do not ask you whether you believe all this it is possible you may not; but I believe you will before you enter heaven.
- Charles Spurgeon
Original sin is that thing about man which makes him capable of conceiving of his own perfection and incapable of achieving it.
- Reinhold Niebuhr
Tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you!
Don't you try and teach me no original sin;
I don't need your pity for the shape I'm in
- Ozzy Osbourne
Original sin is not only the violation of a positive command ... but ... attempts ... to abolish fatherhood, destroying its rays which permeate the created world, placing in doubt the truth about God who is Love and leaving man with only a sense of the master-slave relationship.
- Pope John Paul Ii
Human beings can't see anything without wanting to destroy it. That's original sin. And I'm going to destroy it. Death is going to die.
- Philip Pullman
But that's the thing about East Texas. Red dirt never quite washes out, and pine pollen is tenacious as original sin. You can leave East Texas, for Houston, for the Metroplex, for the Commonwealth, for New York, or Bonn or Tokyo or Kowloon; but you can never quite leave it behind.
- Markham Shaw Pyle
Confusion of sign and object is original sin coeval with the word.
- Willard Van Orman Quine
The German people is not marked by original sin, but by original nobility.
- Alfred Rosenberg
Perverted quality; Moral perversion; The innate corruption of human nature due to original sin; Both the elect and the non-elect came into the world in a state of total d. and alienation from God, and can, of themselves do nothing but sin. J.H. Blunt.
- Arundhati Roy
Pride and conceit were the original sins of man.
- Alain Rene Le Sage
I was told I had an overabundance of original sin.
- Susan Sarandon
The roots of racism lie deep in man's nature, wounded and bruised by original sin.
- Sargent Shriver
Because immigrants have always been particularly prone to repetition - it's something to do with that experience of moving from West to East or East to West or from island to island. Even when you arrive, you're still going back and forth; your children are going round and round. There's no proper term for it - original sin seems too harsh; maybe original trauma would be better.
- Zadie Smith
Now, I recognize that there are certain postures and angles that make people see red, which are evidence of original sin or something, and I avoid that. I don't shoot that any more.
- Jock Sturges
I didn't think there was anything more or less obscene about any part of the body. Now, I recognize that there are certain postures and angles that make people see red, which are evidence of original sin or something, and I avoid that.
- Jock Sturges
- James Alison
the Original Sin is to limit the ''is'':Don't
- Richard Bach
The original sin is to limit the Is. Don't.
- Richard Bach
A degree of culture, and assuredly a very high one, is attained when man rises above superstitions and religious notions and fears, and, for instance, no longer believes in guardian angels or in original sin, and has also ceased to talk of the salvation of his soul.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world's original sin. If the cave-man had known how to laugh, History would have been different.
- Oscar Wilde
Fear is the original sin. Almost all of the evil in the world has its origin in the fact that some one is afraid of something.It is a cold slimy serpent coiling about you. It is horrible to live with fear; and it is of all things degrading.
- L M Montgomery
The most original sin is not the thinker's but the poet's.
- Jose Bergamin
Only the old are innocent. That is what the Victorians understood, and the Christians. Original sin is a property of the young. The old grow beyond corruption very quickly.
- Malcolm Bradbury
Every life I start with her, my original sin. I know myself through her.
- Ann Brashares
It seems priggish or pollyannaish to deny that my intention in writing the work was to titillate the nastier propensities of my readers. My own healthy inheritance of original sin comes out in the book and I enjoyed raping and ripping by proxy. It is the novelist's innate cowardice that makes him depute to imaginary personalities the sins that he is too cautious to commit for himself.
- Anthony Burgess
An original something, dear maid, you would wish me to write; but how shall I begin? For I'm sure I have not original in me, Excepting Original Sin.
- Thomas Campbell
A man treats his own faults as original sin and supposes them scattered everywhere with the seed of Adam. He supposes that men have then added their own foreign vices to the solid and simple foundation of his own private vices. It would astound him to realize that they have actually, by their strange erratic path, avoided his vices as well as his virtues.
- Gilbert K Chesterton
There's no such thing as an original sin.
- Elvis Presley
Surely among the many outlandish successes of AMRV is that it has eradicated from human beings our original sin: hope. But I don't have AMRV, which means I still suffer from the cruelest disease of our species, terminal aspiration.
- John Green
To confess one's guilt and one's original sin is little, very little; one must wean oneself away from them completely. And that takes more than a little time.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
When my children were born, I didn't have them baptized because I felt baptism was about erasing Original Sin - something the Church said children got from their mother - and I absolutely refused to believe women carry Original Sin.
- Olympia Dukakis
There is no original sin. You don't have to pay repentance to anything or anybody.
- Desmond Harrington
Every human being on this earth is born with a tragedy, and it isn't original sin. He's born with the tragedy that he has to grow up... a lot of people don't have the courage to do it.
- Helen Hayes
Original sin is the only rational solution of the undeniable fact of the deep, universal and early manifested sinfulness of men in all ages, of every class, and in every part of the world.
- Charles Hodge
Intellectuals are the kind of people who demand evidence and are shocked by logical inconsistencies and fallacies. They regard oversimplification as the original sin of the mind and have not use for the slogans, the unqualified assertion and sweeping generalization which are the propagandist's stock in the trade.
- Aldous Huxley
Father, bless me for I have sinned, I did an original sin... I poked a badger with a spoon.
- Eddie Izzard
The doctrine of original sin claims that all men sinned in Adam; but whether they did or whether it is merely a fact that all men sin does not basically affect the problem of suffering.
- Walter Kaufmann
Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world's original sin. If cavemen had known how to laugh, history would have been different.
- Chuck Klosterman
Original thought is like original sin: both happened before you were born to people you could not have possibly met.
- Fran Lebowitz
The doctrines of original sin, election, and effectual calling, final perseverance, and all those great truths which are called Calvinism though Calvin was not the author of them, but simply an able writer and preacher upon the subject are, I believe, the essential doctrines of the gospel that is in Jesus Christ. Now, I do not ask you whether you believe all this it is possible you may not; but I believe you will before you enter heaven.
- Charles Spurgeon
Original sin is that thing about man which makes him capable of conceiving of his own perfection and incapable of achieving it.
- Reinhold Niebuhr
Tell me I'm a sinner I got news for you
I spoke to God this morning and he don't like you!
Don't you try and teach me no original sin;
I don't need your pity for the shape I'm in
- Ozzy Osbourne
Original sin is not only the violation of a positive command ... but ... attempts ... to abolish fatherhood, destroying its rays which permeate the created world, placing in doubt the truth about God who is Love and leaving man with only a sense of the master-slave relationship.
- Pope John Paul Ii
Human beings can't see anything without wanting to destroy it. That's original sin. And I'm going to destroy it. Death is going to die.
- Philip Pullman
But that's the thing about East Texas. Red dirt never quite washes out, and pine pollen is tenacious as original sin. You can leave East Texas, for Houston, for the Metroplex, for the Commonwealth, for New York, or Bonn or Tokyo or Kowloon; but you can never quite leave it behind.
- Markham Shaw Pyle
Confusion of sign and object is original sin coeval with the word.
- Willard Van Orman Quine
The German people is not marked by original sin, but by original nobility.
- Alfred Rosenberg
Perverted quality; Moral perversion; The innate corruption of human nature due to original sin; Both the elect and the non-elect came into the world in a state of total d. and alienation from God, and can, of themselves do nothing but sin. J.H. Blunt.
- Arundhati Roy
Pride and conceit were the original sins of man.
- Alain Rene Le Sage
I was told I had an overabundance of original sin.
- Susan Sarandon
The roots of racism lie deep in man's nature, wounded and bruised by original sin.
- Sargent Shriver
Because immigrants have always been particularly prone to repetition - it's something to do with that experience of moving from West to East or East to West or from island to island. Even when you arrive, you're still going back and forth; your children are going round and round. There's no proper term for it - original sin seems too harsh; maybe original trauma would be better.
- Zadie Smith
Now, I recognize that there are certain postures and angles that make people see red, which are evidence of original sin or something, and I avoid that. I don't shoot that any more.
- Jock Sturges
I didn't think there was anything more or less obscene about any part of the body. Now, I recognize that there are certain postures and angles that make people see red, which are evidence of original sin or something, and I avoid that.
- Jock Sturges
Comments
Post a Comment