I stand in the center aisle of the auditorium, a wounded zebra in a National Geographic special, looking for someone, anyone to sit next to. A predator approaches: gray jock buzz cut, whistle around a neck thicker than his head. Probably a social studies teacher, hired to coach a blood sport.
- Laurie Halse Anderson
So how did you get this job, anyway?' I asked.
'My science teacher.'
'Why'd he pick you?'
'For my brains and good looks, obviously.'
'Yeah, right. My social studies teacher picked me, but I can't really figure out why.
'For your brains and good looks, obviously.'
'Um, thanks.' Had Aaron just complimented me? Wow.
- Polly Shulman
- Laurie Halse Anderson
So how did you get this job, anyway?' I asked.
'My science teacher.'
'Why'd he pick you?'
'For my brains and good looks, obviously.'
'Yeah, right. My social studies teacher picked me, but I can't really figure out why.
'For your brains and good looks, obviously.'
'Um, thanks.' Had Aaron just complimented me? Wow.
- Polly Shulman
Comments
Post a Comment