Michael Jordan and Magic and myself all learned how to play the game in college programs that emphasized the team.
- Kareem Abduljabbar
I've always been one of the youngest guys on the team. But now I'm one of the older guys, one of the more experienced guys, and I have to be more of a leader. The guys are looking up to me, asking me questions and looking at me to step up.
- Freddy Adu
It means a lot to you, to be out there. The highs are pretty high, and the lows are pretty low. You know, it's easy to feel like you let the team down. I mean, at the end of the day we still got to figure out a way to get through the tie.
- Andre Agassi
The morning of the game, I'd woken up in my rez house so my dad could drive me the twenty-two miles to Reardan, so I could get on the team bus for the ride back to the reservation.
Crazy.
- Sherman Alexie
You've got to be extremely careful, because you could be with a great team, and you could be the product of a great team. There are some players that stand out despite the teams that they play on, and there are some players that are good because of the team that they're with.
- Marcus Allen
The Leader will be a person with the management skills to coordinate the activities of the Team, and to assure that the Team remains faithful to the objectives of the incoming President.
- Richard V Allen
Running on different types of racetracks is challenging - not only for the drivers, but even more for the team members who have to make adjustments to the cars before each race.
- Michael Andretti
We love Cyclops and as you know, we love James. It's a great team and we'll continue the team, obviously.
- Avi Arad
Of course. The team on your carriage was beautiful. They are yours, aren't they?"
He ignored her and walked ahead until his foot connected with soft mushy ground. "Shit," he muttered.
"Exactly."
He glared at her, thinking himself a saint for not going for her throat.
- Julia Quinn
I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five.
- Charles Barkley
In life it wasn't what you know, but who you know. I had people who were trying to buy teams and had they bought the teams, I would have gotten to coach because they wanted me to coach. But the people who have the teams hire their friends.
- Rick Barry
I won't accept anything less than the best a player's capable of doing... and he has the right to expect the best that I can do for him and the team!
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
I have always found it an honor that people have wanted to buy my shirt and an honor that fans turn up to watch the team I am playing in. I have always found that a huge honor.
- David Beckham
Sometimes you can press a little bit and you're trying to do too much and you're trying too hard. You want to win so bad and you want to help the team so badly that you end up trying too much instead of letting the play come to you.
- Ed Belfour
When one guy undermines the other, it only causes trouble, and the team isn't successful. It's very important for both of us to accept our role and help the team. One guy can get hot, and if that's Alex, I'll support him and help any way I can.
- Ed Belfour
And now they were weary and frightened because they had gone against a system they did not understand and it had beaten them. They knew that the team and the wagon were worth much more. They knew the buyer man would get much more, but they didn't know how to do it. Merchandising was a secret to them.
- John Steinbeck
For every guy, there is an opportunity to be a lot better than he thought he could be. We can't all be the star of the team, but we can be a star in our life. That's where you set your goal.
- Sylvester Stallone
The heart of Dragon's Lair has always been its compelling story. With Dragon's Lair 3D, we think the team has really created an interactive animated movie.
- Don Bluth
Now I'm kind of different. I'm not saying I lost my spark - I still have it - but I don't chase the goal as much as I used to. I'm playing for the team and I still know I can score, but it's different than two or three years back.
- Peter Bondra
There is nothing like playing for the team you grew up rooting for.
- Milton Bradley
The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.
- Phil Jackson
Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins.
- Paul Brown
I want to make sure I don't interfere with the success of that team next year. I don't see any way I could go to practice like most of 'em do, and not hurt the team. I'd go nuts if I tried doing that.
- Bear Bryant
I always wanted to get into politics, but I was never light enough to make the team.
- Art Buchwald
I like the fact that we have all the teams in the tournament. When I first got here as an assistant, not everyone made the tournament and I think as a coach, you look at it from a job security standpoint, I think that hurt when you didn't have everybody in the tournament.
- Tim Buckley
Now in those days, my brothers, the teaming up was mostly by fours and fives, these being like auto-teams, for being a comfy number for an auto, and six being the outside limit for gang-size. Sometimes gangs would gang up so as to make like malenky armies for big nightwar, but mostly it was best to roam in these like small numbers.
- Anthony Burgess
So many people wanted an adventure. It was really more about finding the cast that I wanted for 'Expedition Impossible,' so it had good diversity, and people could really say, 'Oh, there's the firefighters, there's the team of cops, there's the grandpa' - so that you can really relate with them.
- Mark Burnett
Eve hugged her, hard. "It's beautiful," she said. "What happened to the old frosting?"
Shane, sitting at the table, raised his hand. "Took one for the team."
"Jesus, you ate it? All of it?"
"Nah." He held up the bowl that was sitting in front of him. There was still about half a cup left. "Couldn't finish it all."
Eve blinked and looked at Claire, who shrugged and said, "I always thought he was sweet.
- Rachel Caine
Pittsburgh was a great team. Coach Noll, Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, L.C. Greenwood and all those guys did a great job. That's the team that kept us from winning two Super Bowls. It was a great rivalry.
- Earl Campbell
The pressure people put on themselves and the rivalry between the teams is much more marked. And I think that's a good thing. As long as that rivalry remains within the spirit of competition, it con only spur everyone on.
- Eric Cantona
I don't care how I got here. In the books, when you look at it 10 or 20 years from now, it's not going say how he got here, it's going to say he's here and he represented the team.
- Vince Carter
Common sense is the guy who tells you that you ought to have had your brakes relined last week before you smashed a front end this week. Common sense is the Monday morning quarterback who could have won the ball game if he had been on the team. But he never is. He's high up in the stands with a flask on his hip. Common sense is the little man in a grey suit who never makes a mistake in addition. But it's always someone else's money he's adding up.
- Raymond Chandler
We never had a huge squad and we never had a great deal of choice. But in many ways that helps because you've got to make do with what you've got. You don't have too many problems about picking the team you just hope that everyone turns up on the day.
- Jack Charlton
The team architecture means setting up an organization that helps people produce that great work in teams.
- Jay Chiat
We've had such thorough training, we've had an excellent team on the ground. With the minor glitches that have occurred, we've been able to take care of them. And the teams on the ground are getting tons of incredible data.
- Laurel Clark
When Bob came through Cincinnati, he wanted a girl singer to be on his show. There was a local contest, and my sister and I entered, but Bob said, Gee, I wouldn't break up the team.
- Rosemary Clooney
Never is he going to be his old self again. Never is he going to have his old resilience. Whatever inside him was given the task of mending the organism after it was so terribly assaulted, first on the road, then in the operating theatre, has grown too tired of the job, too overburdened. And the same holds for the rest of the team, the lungs, the heart, the muscles, the brain. They did for him what they could as long as they could; now they want to rest.
- J M Coetzee
Reggie always wears the team jersey - and a pair of shorts - no matter how cold it gets.
I'm betting he dreams about one day being called on to make a comeback.
'We need five tries in the last three minutes. It's almost impossible, Reggie. That's why I'm asking you.'
'Piece of cake, Dusty. Here, mind me false teeth.'
Dusty's been with the Gunners as long as I can remember. He's an institution - or he should be in one - it's one of the two.
- Bill Condon
I lay a lot of blame at the feet of Dusty Baker for not being more strict about fundamentals, which I think would give the team a stronger day-to-day identity.
- Billy Corgan
Russell joined the team in December, 1956, following the Olympics.
- Bob Cousy
That seemed to be the case with most of the teams based in the smaller towns - the fans were more rabid, and they wanted to literally kill the opposition.
- Bob Cousy
For me, I've learned that the best thing is to focus on the team you play for and yourself and what you need to do.
- Sidney Crosby
In my situation there are often things I need to do for the team, so when I get the chance to relax it's all I want to do.
- Sidney Crosby
The spirit of the Olympic movement is great for young people because it teaches them about the training and discipline required to compete. Even if they don't make the teams, they can rededicate their lives to the art of sport, discipline, and physical fitness.
- Richard M Daley
Paul Lambert has assembled a great bunch of lads and training has been going very well. I am just desperate to get into the team and do my best for the club.
- Kenny Dalglish
The important thing is to get the right players on the team so Mike can be successful.
- Chuck Daly
I was disappointed in everything - my start and the team's start. People got down on me, but I never got down on myself. I still believed I could be the type of player everyone, including me, thought I was going to be.
- Eric Davis
Make it?" Fred echoed. "Make what? The team? The chick? Make good? Make out? Make sense? Make money? Make time? Define your turns. The Latin for 'make' is facere, which also reminds me of fuckere, which is Latin for 'to fuck', and I haven't..
- Philip K Dick
The championship always goes to the team that wins the most rounds and is the most prepared. I think everybody on our team works hard towards keeping that goal. Time will tell if we're prepared or not.
- Larry Dixon
The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say "I." And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say "I." They don't think "I." They think "we"; they think "team." They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but "we" gets the credit. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.
- Peter Drucker
When I started finishing games and coming off the field shaking hands, it was a beautiful thing. I mean, you start seeing that you're an important part of the team.
- Dennis Eckersley
There's the pressure of being a No. 1 on the call sheet, being a lead actor. There's almost this feeling like being captain of the team. You want to put a bit of energy into actually setting a good example.
- Joel Edgerton
They are always telling us that Carolina Blue is not a color, that it is really Columbia blue or sky blue. But there is no bad blood amongst the teammates. All of our kidding is in good fun.
- Lorrie Fair
The China game was the best because it took the effort of everyone on the team to survive 120 minutes.
- Lorrie Fair
What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.
- Benjamin Franklin Fairless
I was into the Mets because my Dad worked at IBM where he got free Mets tickets, so I was into the Mets... then I got to 'Saturday Night Live' where my boss has unbelievable N.Y. Yankees tickets, so he invites us to the games. I'm going to all the games, so I might as well root for the team I'm gonna go sit with.
- Jimmy Fallon
The town, the team, it's a family. That has helped. For some people who have had to deal with some of the problems I have had to deal with don't have football as an out.
- Brett Favre
I, most talented players don't always succeed. Some don't even make the team. It's more what's inside.
- Brett Favre
Whenever I am losing, it's like, 'It's his fault'. And whenever I'm winning it's like, 'That's us'. That's the team, the people.
- Marat Safin
Only two journalists followed the team around.
- Just Fontaine
The key ingredient to stardom is the team.
- John Wooden
The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.
- John Wooden
And okay, fine. If you have to kiss her, you have to kiss her. And believe me, I do not envy you. That's taking one for the team a little far. I mean, I think I'd rather endure the stabbing myself instead of having to kiss her.
- Gena Showalter
You can keep it to yourself, but you could also call a support team like the team at MS LifeLines. They are there to support the MS community and give good advice.
- Teri Garr
I'm not a person or a selfish player, but we have to move the ball more, and we have to look further the team game, because we have enough talent to use different players.
- Pau Gasol
More and more, in any company, managers are dealing with different cultures. Companies are going global, but the teams are being divided and scattered all over the planet.
- Carlos Ghosn
The rider and the team need to understand one another and work in the same direction. Then the rider's happy, and only then will the rider be able to give 100%.
- Sete Gibernau
Ask me again why I don't want you
traveling with the team."
"Why?"
He slid his thumb across her bottom lip. "Because you drive me insane.
- Rachel Gibson
The team pulled together very well, whatever we tried worked.
- David Gower
I'm grateful that the team allowed me back. I'm looking forward to making it up to them.
- William Green
We held the team together for as long as possible and then sent all except the most critical personnel home.
- Bo Gritz
Returning my voice to a conversational level, I called back, "Nora, I'm not
attempting to embarrass you or single you out. I know you're capable. But stay behind Chas, okay? You die, you d i e permanently, and for various reasons that we've already gotten angsty about together, I don't want that to happen."
"Okay, okay," she sighed.
"Angsty?" Chas asked. "Ooh! Later, details!"
"Yes, later." With that, I waved the team forward.
- Lia Habel
I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.
- Mia Hamm
I don't expect to see them in the top six but I think of all the teams that have come up in previous seasons, I think Manchester City are the biggest club.
- Alan Hansen
You know how I think they choose people for Gryffindor team?" said Malfoy loudly a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for now reason at all. "It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money - you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains.
- J K Rowling
But typically for a project like the Mac, the size we had was pretty good. And it has different stages. The team grows as you have to write manuals and do testing... though the Mac had no formal testing.
- Andy Hertzfeld
as a lobbyist he had long ago concluded there was no difference in how Democrats and Republicans conducted the business of government. The game stayed the same: It was always about favors and friends, and who controlled the dough. Party labels were merely a way to keep track of the teams; issues were mostly smoke and vaudeville. Nobody believed in anything except hanging on to power, whatever it took.....
- Carl Hiaasen
Because it is my second season with the team, no time has been wasted in getting to know the people I'm working with. I am aware of what the team is capable of and how the organisation works, and they are familiar with what makes me tick.
- Damon Hill
If we're all together, we have money, and we start to organize, you're going to see the Teamsters Union start to bloom.
- James P Hoffa
The mob's not coming back in the Teamsters Union. We've gotten rid of them, and we're free to be free of government supervision.
- James P Hoffa
It takes the pressure off of your better players to know they don't always have to be on top of their game for the team to do well.
- Cal Hubbard
What makes it all worthwhile is we just play for the sheer enjoyment of entertaining people and... make our families and the team we played on and the people watching, proud of what we did.
- Bobby Hull
The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.
- Lee Iacocca
I've always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team.
- Lee Iacocca
Christ, he was paranoid about criticism. I used to say: why doesn't he worry about the team and forget what people are saying? He got Phil Thompson, who was a kid coming through when I was a Liverpool player, to have a go at me. So now I don't talk to him.
- Ian St John
In 2008 I didn't take it all in enough. I was so wrapped up in just the competition that I missed what was going on around me. If I am given that opportunity again to go to the Olympics and be an athlete I want to take it all in because I feel like this is my last shot and I want to feel the team spirit. I want to really live and breathe the USA.
- Shawn Johnson
I won't do something unless I can get at least two or three good laughs out of it. If I can't, it's not gonna make the team.
- Jerry Seinfeld
Coaching 101: First you build the team, and then you build the torture chamber for underperformers.
- Jarod Kintz
My first coaching experience led to a 77-0 defeat. But that's not so bad, considering I taught the team one important thing: the value of cheating.
- Jarod Kintz
I have a feeling we are going to be world champions, I can't really explain why. Brazil are probably the best team in the world in terms of individual players. But the team with the most gifted players do not always win.
- Oliver Kahn
I didn't know who was on the team, but I saw every eye as I walked down the aisle. It looked like a thousand eyes were staring right at me saying, 'Who is this young punk?' I just kept my eyes straight ahead.
- Al Kaline
I'll never forget that first night with the team. Going to the ballpark on the bus was the hardest 30 minutes of my life. I had to walk down that aisle between all the players. I really didn't know too much about the Detroit Tigers at that time.
- Al Kaline
A great deal has been accomplished by the team, and I do think it important that it goes on and it is allowed to reach its full conclusion. In fact, I really believe it ought to be better resourced and totally focused on WMD; that that is important to do it.
- David Kay
What other hope does life hold out
But the miraculous, the skilled and patient
Execution, the teamwork, all the pain and worry every miracle involves?
- Weldon Kees
And when the pressure was on us, the team handled it very well. One has to learn to play well under pressure.
- Imran Khan
The team which handles the pressure best, carries the day.
- Imran Khan
The team that is going to win is the one that does its homework the best by studying its opponents.
- Imran Khan
But ultimately it comes down to how the team performs on the day.
- Imran Khan
If there wasn't any business and it was just strictly basketball, then there would be no issue, it would probably be done by now. But the team has to protect.
- Jason Kidd
I want to spend my time exploring the characters we've already got here. I want to give them more time to shine before the team gets to have 400 members.
- Robert Kirkman
If the national coach lets decisions be made from outside, he's lost the team.
- Jurgen Klinsmann
Once the World Cup preparations begin there will hardly be an opportunity to do so, since we'll have to put all our energy into the team. We coaches have a list of priorities and dealing with the media isn't in the top five.
- Jurgen Klinsmann
And then '74 as I mentioned and then the 1990 world cup was our team was the team of the reunification you know, so we were the team for both sides of Germany so now, you know throughout the last 16 years, we've melted together. And now comes the next milestone.
- Jurgen Klinsmann
I think if I wasn't in very high level, I never will be in the team. Cause I was high, in very high level.
- Olga Korbut
And in nineteen seventy two I almost wasn't, on the team, but I knew about it just before Olympic Games for three months before this why this is was not very good for me. I'd been ready to go, you know.
- Olga Korbut
So if you're a customer today, the same person who came in to demonstrate the technology for you and helped you architect the solution before you bought it is likely going to be leading the team to help you do the implementation.
- Sanjay Kumar
I'm very comfortable in having a strong team. I'm very comfortable in sharing the limelight with the team.
- Sanjay Kumar
The teams who play against us don't give us any gifts, but we were too kind.
- Robert Laurent
To be a great game, one of the teams has to score first.
- Mark Lawrenson
I think the World Cup is going to be bigger than what a lot of people are anticipating. At this stage in my career, when there is an opportunity, albeit a small one, of being on the team, what a great way to possibly end my career.
- Al Leiter
The first few games that we played against some of the teams, the young guys, you know, want a stick sign or photo sign, and I think that they respect what I have achieved throughout my career.
- Mario Lemieux
Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they're doing it because they care about the team.
- Patrick Lencioni
The team is very enthusiastic - everyone is trying hard to do their best, and everyone is putting a lot of effort in to moving forward and getting the right results and it's a very good, close-knit team.
- David Leslie
The team's aims are do to the best we can basically.
- David Leslie
It will be hard work. It's always hard work, and hard work from everybody within the team - technical director, mechanics, drivers, engineers - everyone in the team.
- David Leslie
Teens are always shown as one dimensional. They're stereotyped. When I was in high school, I cared about more than getting a date or making the team.
- Jared Leto
I do my own analysis on the teams I am refereeing. I will know some of the personalities, the players who could be difficult customers in a scrum situation, the ones I am going to have to really work hard on early in the game to get what I want.
- Alan Lewis
If I don't make the team out of spring training, I'll keep a good attitude. I'll just go polish up the parts of my game that made me not stay in the big leagues.
- Cory Lidle
What you had at the time was a dictatorship with the team owners.
- Ted Lindsay
When it was my turn, I just skated out and heard this huge cheer. It was very touching considering the bad circumstances under which I had left the team and that I had been away for four years.
- Ted Lindsay
The best, most successful managers in the modern era are those who can keep a player happy even if he is not in the team. Given the size of the squads and the use of rotation nowadays, that's tougher than it's ever been.
- Gary Lineker
Hell is an Eagles game where the bleachers are always freezing, the team is always loosing, and my family is insane
- Jennifer Weiner
Managing can be more discouraging than playing, especially when you're losing because when you're a player, there are at least individual goals you can shoot for. When you're a manager all the worries of the team become your worries.
- Al Lopez
at the end of the game the team with the most points on the board is going to win.
- John Madden
Instead of putting Americans to work, the Teamsters have been busy yanking members off projects and idling construction projects from California to Indiana to New York in order to shake down employers.
- Michelle Malkin
Barack Obama and Jimmy Hoffa are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Lady Gaga and hype, the 'Jersey Shore' cast and hairspray: inseparable. The president can no more disown the Teamsters Union's leader than he can disown his own id.
- Michelle Malkin
I hesitated, too, because for better or worse, I have been one of the principal architects of New Labour and I have worked closely with Tony Blair and the team for nearly 20 years.
- Peter Mandelson
If we were the team that won out, then life was good and we felt that we were worth something.
- Barry Mann
While the coach is entitled to celebrate the team's victories, there is a manner and a way of doing so without aggravating the opponent.
- Diego Maradona
I look at it this way. I'm not putting age limits on what I can do. As long as I can do the job to help the team win and feel like I'm playing at a high level, which I feel I can do for a long while, I'm going to play no matter what my age is.
- Dan Marino
There's nothing greater in the world than when somebody on the team does something good, and everybody gathers around to pat him on the back.
- Billy Martin
None of the teams that actually probably were offering me a job from the getgo, actually in spring training, are in the playoffs right now.
- Pedro Martinez
It's not any one person. It's not any one coach. It's the team.
- Brian Mcbride
The team that gets off to a good start wins pennants.
- John Mcgraw
And the reason for that I think is that in Australia our films don't get the exposure, so the process is foremost. But anyway, I love being part of the team and hate being stuck in a corner somewhere.
- Jacqueline Mckenzie
I love being part of the team.
- Jacqueline Mckenzie
Really the team often will take on the personality of its coach.
- Mark Messier
I think to compare any time you win a Stanley Cup would be unfair to all the players from all the teams.
- Mark Messier
Everybody knows everything about all the teams now.
- Roger Milla
To be brutally honest, it's simple economics. If they want to come into cycling, sponsors need to know the team they are funding is clean, otherwise the risk is just too great.
- David Millar
My team has been very unreceptive about the fact that I consistently show them that I train slightly differently than they do, that I consistently show them that I am in better shape for ski racing than anyone else on the team.
- Bode Miller
When I was young, we were taught not to dunk. We were taught not to stand out from the rest of the team. It's different now.
- Yao Ming
That got us started on revenue sharing, and we couldn't have done it without all the teams.
- Art Modell
The team should have implicit confidence in the captain's decisions.
- Lord Mountbatten
The team is completely close. Anything you say outside, there is no chance it will go inside. So the team is really strong and compact. We know what we want and how to achieve it on the pitch.
- Jose Mourinho
Other times you can get showy for three minutes, and that's OK with certain films. But that isn't right with an Ang Lee movie, you have to fit right in. You have to understand Ang, respect him and be part of the team and not be in charge of it - he is in charge of it.
- Dennis Muren
For me, baseball is about, again, the team winning.
- Eddie Murray
What's this?"
"An apology, of sorts."
I made a moue, but slipped the lid from the top... and then my breath left me.
Inside the box sat a baseball, its well-worn white leather marked by the signatures of every Cubs player from the team. It was just like the one I'd hadjust like the one I'd told him about the night we made love.
- Chloe Neill
A collection of strong-minded individuals who have learned how to dismiss mistakes, disappointments and problems in their personal life make up a strong team. If the majority of the team have that then, as a unit, you are almost impossible to beat.
- Gary Neville
In that match for Holland I asked for a big responsibility, I got it and I dealt with it. I played well, I scored goals and the team qualified for the Euro 2004 finals. It was a big night and an important moment for Holland.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
If I don't get the service or if I don't the ball in the box, where I want it, I start drifting into midfield. I go and look for the ball. I try to be important for the team in other areas.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
I really want be of great value for the team.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
But really, I can only be dangerous for the team in one place, and that is in the box.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
I was very slender and small. All my friends were on the team, so I had to make it too. I was a very aggressive player. I wanted to be one of the best, but I just ended up as one of the good ones.
- Ed Oneill
I can let the team do the talking for me.
- Bob Paisley
The challenge is not to replace Obama but with who. It's not enough to just change up the uniform, if we don't change the team and the game plan, we won't save our country.
- Sarah Palin
You can't win if nobody catches the ball in the outfield. You're only as good as the team you have behind you.
- Jim Palmer
The team which I led to the 1992 European Championship Finals is the only one in the history of the entire competition to have won every single one of its qualifying matches.
- Michel Patini
Well, first I have to make the team, of course.
- Carly Patterson
If they did it like they did it in '96 or whenever, just picking it from one meet, what if someone had the meet of their life but they're not usually a good competitor? That could be really bad for the team. So, I think this is the best way.
- Carly Patterson
Certain people who care about me a lot have said 'You don't play the game, and if you don't play the game, you don't get picked for the team all the time.
- Rosie Perez
It's nice to put your hand up and do the big things the team requires of you.
- Ricky Ponting
Fit no stereotypes. Don't chase the latest management fads. The situation dictates which approach best accomplishes the team's mission.
- Colin Powell
It's always better to speak the language of the team. Not only for the direct contact with everyone - sometimes it also helps you to understand the mentality of the people in the team a bit better.
- Alain Prost
It was an easy choice to return with Lotus Renault GP as I have been impressed by the scope of the team's ambition.
- Kimi Raikkonen
When I first turned elite in gymnastics, when I was 14, that's when I really became more inspired than ever. I just always kept that in the back of my mind, and always thought about making the 2012 team.
- Aly Raisman
The situation was, the team I was on when I got injured went down to the lower leagues. In America, they don't have that relegation, so when the team went down to the lower region, every player has his value, and they went off and sold any player who had value.
- Claudio Reyna
The contracts are structured different than athletes in America, but for me, it was good to move on and go back to playing in the premiere league, which is the best league. It was disappointing, as far as the team goes, but for me, there wasn't much I could do.
- Claudio Reyna
It's a unique situation as well because England is a small country, so it makes it easy for the fans to travel. If we play down in London, they get buses and we'll get three or four thousand fans come down. They'll all sit in the same area and show their support for the team.
- Claudio Reyna
There are a lot of young players here right now, and these guys are going to eventually learn as they go. Next year we can't use that as an excuse that we had so many young players on the team.
- Jerry Rice
I think there is more pressure at trials when you are trying to make the team and you have to come first or second, and you have to go under qualifying time.
- Stephanie Rice
A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team.
- Pat Riley
Management must speak with one voice. When it doesn't management itself becomes a peripheral opponent to the team's mission.
- Pat Riley
I earned the right to get in the team, and fought every game to be in it.
- Graham Roberts
The Olympics were great, because you had to make the team, and then go to the games. Now, I don't know, these guys today don't want to do anything like that.
- Oscar Robertson
You can't let players do what they wish and be professional. That's a fact. As for the team, Boro had two internationals when I got there in 1995. Now they have more than 15. And they didn't cost the fortune some suggest.
- Bryan Robson
Revolution is a spectators sport. The majority will sit in the stands and watch the factions fight. At the end they will choose side with the team that is winning.
- George Lincoln Rockwell
When we root-root-root for the home team, we're rooting for our home as much as the team.
- Richard Roeper
Appraisals are where you get together with your team leader and agree what an outstanding member of the team you are, how much your contribution has been valued, what massive potential you have and, in recognition of all this, would you mind having your salary halved.
- Theodore Roosevelt
The team that wins two-thirds of its one run games usually wins the pennant.
- Pete Rose
My first year of pro ball I played in the Northwest league and made the all-star team, and the next year I played I led the team in hitting and was third or fifth in the league.
- Kurt Russell
As far as the Jets go, I'm competing to play. It will be a heated competition between Kellen and me, and I'm excited about that; I will do it in a respectful way. I have the utmost respect for him because he's a great player. Whatever's best for team will be best for the team and the coaches will decide.
- Mark Sanchez
If you played the game the right way, played the game for the team, good things would happen.
- Ryne Sandberg
I mean, coming into this season I was just hoping to come back, stay healthy and help the team.
- Johan Santana
When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.
- Michael Schumacher
There is a great responsibility on the team to perform well, because our supporters and the whole of the country are expecting us to do just that.
- Andriy Shevchenko
I never ride just to ride. I ride to catch a fox. I play baseball to make the team.
- Sargent Shriver
I think what coaching is all about, is taking players and analyzing there ability, put them in a position where they can excel within the framework of the team winning. And I hope that I've done that in my 33 years as a head coach.
- Don Shula
And this year is going to be the 25th anniversary of the 17-0 team, the only undefeated season.
- Don Shula
I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a little bitty boy. And my dream has finally become a reality, of not only just playing a professional, becoming a professional athlete, but playing for the team that I always wanted to play for.
- Emmitt Smith
Man, if I made one million dollars I would come in at six in the morning, sweep the stands, wash the uniforms, clean out the office, manage the team and play the games.
- Duke Snider
I think the concept of seeking fame and fortune in women's football in the States is a bit idyllic. Look at all the teams in America that have folded, and the leagues.
- Hope Solo
It took putting one foot in front of the other every single day to get through it to the point where I made it back on the team and won a gold medal in 2008.
- Hope Solo
What's the idea with Moonshine joining the team?"
Cate leaned forward. "It's politics, Connor," she said. "Pure politics. When Barbarro persuaded Molucco to loan us out, he insisted that Moonshine come, too. He's under the impression it will be character building for him!"
"Character building?" Connor exclaimed. "Are you sure that Barbarro isn't secretly hoping a Vampirate will do us all a favor and finish him off?"
Bart laughed.
- Justin Somper
They got all the size over there, and the teams are really good, so, I think night after night you're just going to have to be ready to lace them up and be ready to play. The teams out there are really good.
- Latrell Sprewell
When I was put in a situation where I'm going there, you have to look at the team and the possibility that hey, we can probably do some good things over there.
- Latrell Sprewell
The team has come along slow but fast.
- Casey Stengel
I never really hated any particular sport but out of all the sports, I used to prefer the team games to running and sprinting and those types of things.
- Rachel Stevens
I'm not going away. I'll still be very much involved in the team but not with the same number of hours. I need to move over and allow the people who are really doing the job the space to do so.
- Jackie Stewart
I went over before the British Open and played Valderrama thinking that I might make the team, might be a captain's pick. I made the effort to go over there.
- Payne Stewart
I was gonna throw the first pitch at a Mets game, but there was a rain delay. So I'm waiting for it to stop, and the team's manager, Willie Randolph, comes by. Now he's already intimidating to begin with. But he comes over to me and says, 'If you screw this up, they will boo you.' And I said 'Thanks.'
- Julia Stiles
- Kareem Abduljabbar
I've always been one of the youngest guys on the team. But now I'm one of the older guys, one of the more experienced guys, and I have to be more of a leader. The guys are looking up to me, asking me questions and looking at me to step up.
- Freddy Adu
It means a lot to you, to be out there. The highs are pretty high, and the lows are pretty low. You know, it's easy to feel like you let the team down. I mean, at the end of the day we still got to figure out a way to get through the tie.
- Andre Agassi
The morning of the game, I'd woken up in my rez house so my dad could drive me the twenty-two miles to Reardan, so I could get on the team bus for the ride back to the reservation.
Crazy.
- Sherman Alexie
You've got to be extremely careful, because you could be with a great team, and you could be the product of a great team. There are some players that stand out despite the teams that they play on, and there are some players that are good because of the team that they're with.
- Marcus Allen
The Leader will be a person with the management skills to coordinate the activities of the Team, and to assure that the Team remains faithful to the objectives of the incoming President.
- Richard V Allen
Running on different types of racetracks is challenging - not only for the drivers, but even more for the team members who have to make adjustments to the cars before each race.
- Michael Andretti
We love Cyclops and as you know, we love James. It's a great team and we'll continue the team, obviously.
- Avi Arad
Of course. The team on your carriage was beautiful. They are yours, aren't they?"
He ignored her and walked ahead until his foot connected with soft mushy ground. "Shit," he muttered.
"Exactly."
He glared at her, thinking himself a saint for not going for her throat.
- Julia Quinn
I think that the team that wins game five will win the series. Unless we lose game five.
- Charles Barkley
In life it wasn't what you know, but who you know. I had people who were trying to buy teams and had they bought the teams, I would have gotten to coach because they wanted me to coach. But the people who have the teams hire their friends.
- Rick Barry
I won't accept anything less than the best a player's capable of doing... and he has the right to expect the best that I can do for him and the team!
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
I have always found it an honor that people have wanted to buy my shirt and an honor that fans turn up to watch the team I am playing in. I have always found that a huge honor.
- David Beckham
Sometimes you can press a little bit and you're trying to do too much and you're trying too hard. You want to win so bad and you want to help the team so badly that you end up trying too much instead of letting the play come to you.
- Ed Belfour
When one guy undermines the other, it only causes trouble, and the team isn't successful. It's very important for both of us to accept our role and help the team. One guy can get hot, and if that's Alex, I'll support him and help any way I can.
- Ed Belfour
And now they were weary and frightened because they had gone against a system they did not understand and it had beaten them. They knew that the team and the wagon were worth much more. They knew the buyer man would get much more, but they didn't know how to do it. Merchandising was a secret to them.
- John Steinbeck
For every guy, there is an opportunity to be a lot better than he thought he could be. We can't all be the star of the team, but we can be a star in our life. That's where you set your goal.
- Sylvester Stallone
The heart of Dragon's Lair has always been its compelling story. With Dragon's Lair 3D, we think the team has really created an interactive animated movie.
- Don Bluth
Now I'm kind of different. I'm not saying I lost my spark - I still have it - but I don't chase the goal as much as I used to. I'm playing for the team and I still know I can score, but it's different than two or three years back.
- Peter Bondra
There is nothing like playing for the team you grew up rooting for.
- Milton Bradley
The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.
- Phil Jackson
Football is a game of errors. The team that makes the fewest errors in a game usually wins.
- Paul Brown
I want to make sure I don't interfere with the success of that team next year. I don't see any way I could go to practice like most of 'em do, and not hurt the team. I'd go nuts if I tried doing that.
- Bear Bryant
I always wanted to get into politics, but I was never light enough to make the team.
- Art Buchwald
I like the fact that we have all the teams in the tournament. When I first got here as an assistant, not everyone made the tournament and I think as a coach, you look at it from a job security standpoint, I think that hurt when you didn't have everybody in the tournament.
- Tim Buckley
Now in those days, my brothers, the teaming up was mostly by fours and fives, these being like auto-teams, for being a comfy number for an auto, and six being the outside limit for gang-size. Sometimes gangs would gang up so as to make like malenky armies for big nightwar, but mostly it was best to roam in these like small numbers.
- Anthony Burgess
So many people wanted an adventure. It was really more about finding the cast that I wanted for 'Expedition Impossible,' so it had good diversity, and people could really say, 'Oh, there's the firefighters, there's the team of cops, there's the grandpa' - so that you can really relate with them.
- Mark Burnett
Eve hugged her, hard. "It's beautiful," she said. "What happened to the old frosting?"
Shane, sitting at the table, raised his hand. "Took one for the team."
"Jesus, you ate it? All of it?"
"Nah." He held up the bowl that was sitting in front of him. There was still about half a cup left. "Couldn't finish it all."
Eve blinked and looked at Claire, who shrugged and said, "I always thought he was sweet.
- Rachel Caine
Pittsburgh was a great team. Coach Noll, Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, L.C. Greenwood and all those guys did a great job. That's the team that kept us from winning two Super Bowls. It was a great rivalry.
- Earl Campbell
The pressure people put on themselves and the rivalry between the teams is much more marked. And I think that's a good thing. As long as that rivalry remains within the spirit of competition, it con only spur everyone on.
- Eric Cantona
I don't care how I got here. In the books, when you look at it 10 or 20 years from now, it's not going say how he got here, it's going to say he's here and he represented the team.
- Vince Carter
Common sense is the guy who tells you that you ought to have had your brakes relined last week before you smashed a front end this week. Common sense is the Monday morning quarterback who could have won the ball game if he had been on the team. But he never is. He's high up in the stands with a flask on his hip. Common sense is the little man in a grey suit who never makes a mistake in addition. But it's always someone else's money he's adding up.
- Raymond Chandler
We never had a huge squad and we never had a great deal of choice. But in many ways that helps because you've got to make do with what you've got. You don't have too many problems about picking the team you just hope that everyone turns up on the day.
- Jack Charlton
The team architecture means setting up an organization that helps people produce that great work in teams.
- Jay Chiat
We've had such thorough training, we've had an excellent team on the ground. With the minor glitches that have occurred, we've been able to take care of them. And the teams on the ground are getting tons of incredible data.
- Laurel Clark
When Bob came through Cincinnati, he wanted a girl singer to be on his show. There was a local contest, and my sister and I entered, but Bob said, Gee, I wouldn't break up the team.
- Rosemary Clooney
Never is he going to be his old self again. Never is he going to have his old resilience. Whatever inside him was given the task of mending the organism after it was so terribly assaulted, first on the road, then in the operating theatre, has grown too tired of the job, too overburdened. And the same holds for the rest of the team, the lungs, the heart, the muscles, the brain. They did for him what they could as long as they could; now they want to rest.
- J M Coetzee
Reggie always wears the team jersey - and a pair of shorts - no matter how cold it gets.
I'm betting he dreams about one day being called on to make a comeback.
'We need five tries in the last three minutes. It's almost impossible, Reggie. That's why I'm asking you.'
'Piece of cake, Dusty. Here, mind me false teeth.'
Dusty's been with the Gunners as long as I can remember. He's an institution - or he should be in one - it's one of the two.
- Bill Condon
I lay a lot of blame at the feet of Dusty Baker for not being more strict about fundamentals, which I think would give the team a stronger day-to-day identity.
- Billy Corgan
Russell joined the team in December, 1956, following the Olympics.
- Bob Cousy
That seemed to be the case with most of the teams based in the smaller towns - the fans were more rabid, and they wanted to literally kill the opposition.
- Bob Cousy
For me, I've learned that the best thing is to focus on the team you play for and yourself and what you need to do.
- Sidney Crosby
In my situation there are often things I need to do for the team, so when I get the chance to relax it's all I want to do.
- Sidney Crosby
The spirit of the Olympic movement is great for young people because it teaches them about the training and discipline required to compete. Even if they don't make the teams, they can rededicate their lives to the art of sport, discipline, and physical fitness.
- Richard M Daley
Paul Lambert has assembled a great bunch of lads and training has been going very well. I am just desperate to get into the team and do my best for the club.
- Kenny Dalglish
The important thing is to get the right players on the team so Mike can be successful.
- Chuck Daly
I was disappointed in everything - my start and the team's start. People got down on me, but I never got down on myself. I still believed I could be the type of player everyone, including me, thought I was going to be.
- Eric Davis
Make it?" Fred echoed. "Make what? The team? The chick? Make good? Make out? Make sense? Make money? Make time? Define your turns. The Latin for 'make' is facere, which also reminds me of fuckere, which is Latin for 'to fuck', and I haven't..
- Philip K Dick
The championship always goes to the team that wins the most rounds and is the most prepared. I think everybody on our team works hard towards keeping that goal. Time will tell if we're prepared or not.
- Larry Dixon
The leaders who work most effectively, it seems to me, never say "I." And that's not because they have trained themselves not to say "I." They don't think "I." They think "we"; they think "team." They understand their job to be to make the team function. They accept responsibility and don't sidestep it, but "we" gets the credit. This is what creates trust, what enables you to get the task done.
- Peter Drucker
When I started finishing games and coming off the field shaking hands, it was a beautiful thing. I mean, you start seeing that you're an important part of the team.
- Dennis Eckersley
There's the pressure of being a No. 1 on the call sheet, being a lead actor. There's almost this feeling like being captain of the team. You want to put a bit of energy into actually setting a good example.
- Joel Edgerton
They are always telling us that Carolina Blue is not a color, that it is really Columbia blue or sky blue. But there is no bad blood amongst the teammates. All of our kidding is in good fun.
- Lorrie Fair
The China game was the best because it took the effort of everyone on the team to survive 120 minutes.
- Lorrie Fair
What is the recipe for successful achievement? To my mind there are just four essential ingredients: Choose a career you love, give it the best there is in you, seize your opportunities, and be a member of the team.
- Benjamin Franklin Fairless
I was into the Mets because my Dad worked at IBM where he got free Mets tickets, so I was into the Mets... then I got to 'Saturday Night Live' where my boss has unbelievable N.Y. Yankees tickets, so he invites us to the games. I'm going to all the games, so I might as well root for the team I'm gonna go sit with.
- Jimmy Fallon
The town, the team, it's a family. That has helped. For some people who have had to deal with some of the problems I have had to deal with don't have football as an out.
- Brett Favre
I, most talented players don't always succeed. Some don't even make the team. It's more what's inside.
- Brett Favre
Whenever I am losing, it's like, 'It's his fault'. And whenever I'm winning it's like, 'That's us'. That's the team, the people.
- Marat Safin
Only two journalists followed the team around.
- Just Fontaine
The key ingredient to stardom is the team.
- John Wooden
The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.
- John Wooden
And okay, fine. If you have to kiss her, you have to kiss her. And believe me, I do not envy you. That's taking one for the team a little far. I mean, I think I'd rather endure the stabbing myself instead of having to kiss her.
- Gena Showalter
You can keep it to yourself, but you could also call a support team like the team at MS LifeLines. They are there to support the MS community and give good advice.
- Teri Garr
I'm not a person or a selfish player, but we have to move the ball more, and we have to look further the team game, because we have enough talent to use different players.
- Pau Gasol
More and more, in any company, managers are dealing with different cultures. Companies are going global, but the teams are being divided and scattered all over the planet.
- Carlos Ghosn
The rider and the team need to understand one another and work in the same direction. Then the rider's happy, and only then will the rider be able to give 100%.
- Sete Gibernau
Ask me again why I don't want you
traveling with the team."
"Why?"
He slid his thumb across her bottom lip. "Because you drive me insane.
- Rachel Gibson
The team pulled together very well, whatever we tried worked.
- David Gower
I'm grateful that the team allowed me back. I'm looking forward to making it up to them.
- William Green
We held the team together for as long as possible and then sent all except the most critical personnel home.
- Bo Gritz
Returning my voice to a conversational level, I called back, "Nora, I'm not
attempting to embarrass you or single you out. I know you're capable. But stay behind Chas, okay? You die, you d i e permanently, and for various reasons that we've already gotten angsty about together, I don't want that to happen."
"Okay, okay," she sighed.
"Angsty?" Chas asked. "Ooh! Later, details!"
"Yes, later." With that, I waved the team forward.
- Lia Habel
I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion.
- Mia Hamm
I don't expect to see them in the top six but I think of all the teams that have come up in previous seasons, I think Manchester City are the biggest club.
- Alan Hansen
You know how I think they choose people for Gryffindor team?" said Malfoy loudly a few minutes later, as Snape awarded Hufflepuff another penalty for now reason at all. "It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money - you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains.
- J K Rowling
But typically for a project like the Mac, the size we had was pretty good. And it has different stages. The team grows as you have to write manuals and do testing... though the Mac had no formal testing.
- Andy Hertzfeld
as a lobbyist he had long ago concluded there was no difference in how Democrats and Republicans conducted the business of government. The game stayed the same: It was always about favors and friends, and who controlled the dough. Party labels were merely a way to keep track of the teams; issues were mostly smoke and vaudeville. Nobody believed in anything except hanging on to power, whatever it took.....
- Carl Hiaasen
Because it is my second season with the team, no time has been wasted in getting to know the people I'm working with. I am aware of what the team is capable of and how the organisation works, and they are familiar with what makes me tick.
- Damon Hill
If we're all together, we have money, and we start to organize, you're going to see the Teamsters Union start to bloom.
- James P Hoffa
The mob's not coming back in the Teamsters Union. We've gotten rid of them, and we're free to be free of government supervision.
- James P Hoffa
It takes the pressure off of your better players to know they don't always have to be on top of their game for the team to do well.
- Cal Hubbard
What makes it all worthwhile is we just play for the sheer enjoyment of entertaining people and... make our families and the team we played on and the people watching, proud of what we did.
- Bobby Hull
The speed of the boss is the speed of the team.
- Lee Iacocca
I've always found that the speed of the boss is the speed of the team.
- Lee Iacocca
Christ, he was paranoid about criticism. I used to say: why doesn't he worry about the team and forget what people are saying? He got Phil Thompson, who was a kid coming through when I was a Liverpool player, to have a go at me. So now I don't talk to him.
- Ian St John
In 2008 I didn't take it all in enough. I was so wrapped up in just the competition that I missed what was going on around me. If I am given that opportunity again to go to the Olympics and be an athlete I want to take it all in because I feel like this is my last shot and I want to feel the team spirit. I want to really live and breathe the USA.
- Shawn Johnson
I won't do something unless I can get at least two or three good laughs out of it. If I can't, it's not gonna make the team.
- Jerry Seinfeld
Coaching 101: First you build the team, and then you build the torture chamber for underperformers.
- Jarod Kintz
My first coaching experience led to a 77-0 defeat. But that's not so bad, considering I taught the team one important thing: the value of cheating.
- Jarod Kintz
I have a feeling we are going to be world champions, I can't really explain why. Brazil are probably the best team in the world in terms of individual players. But the team with the most gifted players do not always win.
- Oliver Kahn
I didn't know who was on the team, but I saw every eye as I walked down the aisle. It looked like a thousand eyes were staring right at me saying, 'Who is this young punk?' I just kept my eyes straight ahead.
- Al Kaline
I'll never forget that first night with the team. Going to the ballpark on the bus was the hardest 30 minutes of my life. I had to walk down that aisle between all the players. I really didn't know too much about the Detroit Tigers at that time.
- Al Kaline
A great deal has been accomplished by the team, and I do think it important that it goes on and it is allowed to reach its full conclusion. In fact, I really believe it ought to be better resourced and totally focused on WMD; that that is important to do it.
- David Kay
What other hope does life hold out
But the miraculous, the skilled and patient
Execution, the teamwork, all the pain and worry every miracle involves?
- Weldon Kees
And when the pressure was on us, the team handled it very well. One has to learn to play well under pressure.
- Imran Khan
The team which handles the pressure best, carries the day.
- Imran Khan
The team that is going to win is the one that does its homework the best by studying its opponents.
- Imran Khan
But ultimately it comes down to how the team performs on the day.
- Imran Khan
If there wasn't any business and it was just strictly basketball, then there would be no issue, it would probably be done by now. But the team has to protect.
- Jason Kidd
I want to spend my time exploring the characters we've already got here. I want to give them more time to shine before the team gets to have 400 members.
- Robert Kirkman
If the national coach lets decisions be made from outside, he's lost the team.
- Jurgen Klinsmann
Once the World Cup preparations begin there will hardly be an opportunity to do so, since we'll have to put all our energy into the team. We coaches have a list of priorities and dealing with the media isn't in the top five.
- Jurgen Klinsmann
And then '74 as I mentioned and then the 1990 world cup was our team was the team of the reunification you know, so we were the team for both sides of Germany so now, you know throughout the last 16 years, we've melted together. And now comes the next milestone.
- Jurgen Klinsmann
I think if I wasn't in very high level, I never will be in the team. Cause I was high, in very high level.
- Olga Korbut
And in nineteen seventy two I almost wasn't, on the team, but I knew about it just before Olympic Games for three months before this why this is was not very good for me. I'd been ready to go, you know.
- Olga Korbut
So if you're a customer today, the same person who came in to demonstrate the technology for you and helped you architect the solution before you bought it is likely going to be leading the team to help you do the implementation.
- Sanjay Kumar
I'm very comfortable in having a strong team. I'm very comfortable in sharing the limelight with the team.
- Sanjay Kumar
The teams who play against us don't give us any gifts, but we were too kind.
- Robert Laurent
To be a great game, one of the teams has to score first.
- Mark Lawrenson
I think the World Cup is going to be bigger than what a lot of people are anticipating. At this stage in my career, when there is an opportunity, albeit a small one, of being on the team, what a great way to possibly end my career.
- Al Leiter
The first few games that we played against some of the teams, the young guys, you know, want a stick sign or photo sign, and I think that they respect what I have achieved throughout my career.
- Mario Lemieux
Trust is knowing that when a team member does push you, they're doing it because they care about the team.
- Patrick Lencioni
The team is very enthusiastic - everyone is trying hard to do their best, and everyone is putting a lot of effort in to moving forward and getting the right results and it's a very good, close-knit team.
- David Leslie
The team's aims are do to the best we can basically.
- David Leslie
It will be hard work. It's always hard work, and hard work from everybody within the team - technical director, mechanics, drivers, engineers - everyone in the team.
- David Leslie
Teens are always shown as one dimensional. They're stereotyped. When I was in high school, I cared about more than getting a date or making the team.
- Jared Leto
I do my own analysis on the teams I am refereeing. I will know some of the personalities, the players who could be difficult customers in a scrum situation, the ones I am going to have to really work hard on early in the game to get what I want.
- Alan Lewis
If I don't make the team out of spring training, I'll keep a good attitude. I'll just go polish up the parts of my game that made me not stay in the big leagues.
- Cory Lidle
What you had at the time was a dictatorship with the team owners.
- Ted Lindsay
When it was my turn, I just skated out and heard this huge cheer. It was very touching considering the bad circumstances under which I had left the team and that I had been away for four years.
- Ted Lindsay
The best, most successful managers in the modern era are those who can keep a player happy even if he is not in the team. Given the size of the squads and the use of rotation nowadays, that's tougher than it's ever been.
- Gary Lineker
Hell is an Eagles game where the bleachers are always freezing, the team is always loosing, and my family is insane
- Jennifer Weiner
Managing can be more discouraging than playing, especially when you're losing because when you're a player, there are at least individual goals you can shoot for. When you're a manager all the worries of the team become your worries.
- Al Lopez
at the end of the game the team with the most points on the board is going to win.
- John Madden
Instead of putting Americans to work, the Teamsters have been busy yanking members off projects and idling construction projects from California to Indiana to New York in order to shake down employers.
- Michelle Malkin
Barack Obama and Jimmy Hoffa are like Tweedledum and Tweedledee, Lady Gaga and hype, the 'Jersey Shore' cast and hairspray: inseparable. The president can no more disown the Teamsters Union's leader than he can disown his own id.
- Michelle Malkin
I hesitated, too, because for better or worse, I have been one of the principal architects of New Labour and I have worked closely with Tony Blair and the team for nearly 20 years.
- Peter Mandelson
If we were the team that won out, then life was good and we felt that we were worth something.
- Barry Mann
While the coach is entitled to celebrate the team's victories, there is a manner and a way of doing so without aggravating the opponent.
- Diego Maradona
I look at it this way. I'm not putting age limits on what I can do. As long as I can do the job to help the team win and feel like I'm playing at a high level, which I feel I can do for a long while, I'm going to play no matter what my age is.
- Dan Marino
There's nothing greater in the world than when somebody on the team does something good, and everybody gathers around to pat him on the back.
- Billy Martin
None of the teams that actually probably were offering me a job from the getgo, actually in spring training, are in the playoffs right now.
- Pedro Martinez
It's not any one person. It's not any one coach. It's the team.
- Brian Mcbride
The team that gets off to a good start wins pennants.
- John Mcgraw
And the reason for that I think is that in Australia our films don't get the exposure, so the process is foremost. But anyway, I love being part of the team and hate being stuck in a corner somewhere.
- Jacqueline Mckenzie
I love being part of the team.
- Jacqueline Mckenzie
Really the team often will take on the personality of its coach.
- Mark Messier
I think to compare any time you win a Stanley Cup would be unfair to all the players from all the teams.
- Mark Messier
Everybody knows everything about all the teams now.
- Roger Milla
To be brutally honest, it's simple economics. If they want to come into cycling, sponsors need to know the team they are funding is clean, otherwise the risk is just too great.
- David Millar
My team has been very unreceptive about the fact that I consistently show them that I train slightly differently than they do, that I consistently show them that I am in better shape for ski racing than anyone else on the team.
- Bode Miller
When I was young, we were taught not to dunk. We were taught not to stand out from the rest of the team. It's different now.
- Yao Ming
That got us started on revenue sharing, and we couldn't have done it without all the teams.
- Art Modell
The team should have implicit confidence in the captain's decisions.
- Lord Mountbatten
The team is completely close. Anything you say outside, there is no chance it will go inside. So the team is really strong and compact. We know what we want and how to achieve it on the pitch.
- Jose Mourinho
Other times you can get showy for three minutes, and that's OK with certain films. But that isn't right with an Ang Lee movie, you have to fit right in. You have to understand Ang, respect him and be part of the team and not be in charge of it - he is in charge of it.
- Dennis Muren
For me, baseball is about, again, the team winning.
- Eddie Murray
What's this?"
"An apology, of sorts."
I made a moue, but slipped the lid from the top... and then my breath left me.
Inside the box sat a baseball, its well-worn white leather marked by the signatures of every Cubs player from the team. It was just like the one I'd hadjust like the one I'd told him about the night we made love.
- Chloe Neill
A collection of strong-minded individuals who have learned how to dismiss mistakes, disappointments and problems in their personal life make up a strong team. If the majority of the team have that then, as a unit, you are almost impossible to beat.
- Gary Neville
In that match for Holland I asked for a big responsibility, I got it and I dealt with it. I played well, I scored goals and the team qualified for the Euro 2004 finals. It was a big night and an important moment for Holland.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
If I don't get the service or if I don't the ball in the box, where I want it, I start drifting into midfield. I go and look for the ball. I try to be important for the team in other areas.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
I really want be of great value for the team.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
But really, I can only be dangerous for the team in one place, and that is in the box.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy
I was very slender and small. All my friends were on the team, so I had to make it too. I was a very aggressive player. I wanted to be one of the best, but I just ended up as one of the good ones.
- Ed Oneill
I can let the team do the talking for me.
- Bob Paisley
The challenge is not to replace Obama but with who. It's not enough to just change up the uniform, if we don't change the team and the game plan, we won't save our country.
- Sarah Palin
You can't win if nobody catches the ball in the outfield. You're only as good as the team you have behind you.
- Jim Palmer
The team which I led to the 1992 European Championship Finals is the only one in the history of the entire competition to have won every single one of its qualifying matches.
- Michel Patini
Well, first I have to make the team, of course.
- Carly Patterson
If they did it like they did it in '96 or whenever, just picking it from one meet, what if someone had the meet of their life but they're not usually a good competitor? That could be really bad for the team. So, I think this is the best way.
- Carly Patterson
Certain people who care about me a lot have said 'You don't play the game, and if you don't play the game, you don't get picked for the team all the time.
- Rosie Perez
It's nice to put your hand up and do the big things the team requires of you.
- Ricky Ponting
Fit no stereotypes. Don't chase the latest management fads. The situation dictates which approach best accomplishes the team's mission.
- Colin Powell
It's always better to speak the language of the team. Not only for the direct contact with everyone - sometimes it also helps you to understand the mentality of the people in the team a bit better.
- Alain Prost
It was an easy choice to return with Lotus Renault GP as I have been impressed by the scope of the team's ambition.
- Kimi Raikkonen
When I first turned elite in gymnastics, when I was 14, that's when I really became more inspired than ever. I just always kept that in the back of my mind, and always thought about making the 2012 team.
- Aly Raisman
The situation was, the team I was on when I got injured went down to the lower leagues. In America, they don't have that relegation, so when the team went down to the lower region, every player has his value, and they went off and sold any player who had value.
- Claudio Reyna
The contracts are structured different than athletes in America, but for me, it was good to move on and go back to playing in the premiere league, which is the best league. It was disappointing, as far as the team goes, but for me, there wasn't much I could do.
- Claudio Reyna
It's a unique situation as well because England is a small country, so it makes it easy for the fans to travel. If we play down in London, they get buses and we'll get three or four thousand fans come down. They'll all sit in the same area and show their support for the team.
- Claudio Reyna
There are a lot of young players here right now, and these guys are going to eventually learn as they go. Next year we can't use that as an excuse that we had so many young players on the team.
- Jerry Rice
I think there is more pressure at trials when you are trying to make the team and you have to come first or second, and you have to go under qualifying time.
- Stephanie Rice
A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team.
- Pat Riley
Management must speak with one voice. When it doesn't management itself becomes a peripheral opponent to the team's mission.
- Pat Riley
I earned the right to get in the team, and fought every game to be in it.
- Graham Roberts
The Olympics were great, because you had to make the team, and then go to the games. Now, I don't know, these guys today don't want to do anything like that.
- Oscar Robertson
You can't let players do what they wish and be professional. That's a fact. As for the team, Boro had two internationals when I got there in 1995. Now they have more than 15. And they didn't cost the fortune some suggest.
- Bryan Robson
Revolution is a spectators sport. The majority will sit in the stands and watch the factions fight. At the end they will choose side with the team that is winning.
- George Lincoln Rockwell
When we root-root-root for the home team, we're rooting for our home as much as the team.
- Richard Roeper
Appraisals are where you get together with your team leader and agree what an outstanding member of the team you are, how much your contribution has been valued, what massive potential you have and, in recognition of all this, would you mind having your salary halved.
- Theodore Roosevelt
The team that wins two-thirds of its one run games usually wins the pennant.
- Pete Rose
My first year of pro ball I played in the Northwest league and made the all-star team, and the next year I played I led the team in hitting and was third or fifth in the league.
- Kurt Russell
As far as the Jets go, I'm competing to play. It will be a heated competition between Kellen and me, and I'm excited about that; I will do it in a respectful way. I have the utmost respect for him because he's a great player. Whatever's best for team will be best for the team and the coaches will decide.
- Mark Sanchez
If you played the game the right way, played the game for the team, good things would happen.
- Ryne Sandberg
I mean, coming into this season I was just hoping to come back, stay healthy and help the team.
- Johan Santana
When you start out in a team, you have to get the teamwork going and then you get something back.
- Michael Schumacher
There is a great responsibility on the team to perform well, because our supporters and the whole of the country are expecting us to do just that.
- Andriy Shevchenko
I never ride just to ride. I ride to catch a fox. I play baseball to make the team.
- Sargent Shriver
I think what coaching is all about, is taking players and analyzing there ability, put them in a position where they can excel within the framework of the team winning. And I hope that I've done that in my 33 years as a head coach.
- Don Shula
And this year is going to be the 25th anniversary of the 17-0 team, the only undefeated season.
- Don Shula
I have been a Cowboys fan since I was a little bitty boy. And my dream has finally become a reality, of not only just playing a professional, becoming a professional athlete, but playing for the team that I always wanted to play for.
- Emmitt Smith
Man, if I made one million dollars I would come in at six in the morning, sweep the stands, wash the uniforms, clean out the office, manage the team and play the games.
- Duke Snider
I think the concept of seeking fame and fortune in women's football in the States is a bit idyllic. Look at all the teams in America that have folded, and the leagues.
- Hope Solo
It took putting one foot in front of the other every single day to get through it to the point where I made it back on the team and won a gold medal in 2008.
- Hope Solo
What's the idea with Moonshine joining the team?"
Cate leaned forward. "It's politics, Connor," she said. "Pure politics. When Barbarro persuaded Molucco to loan us out, he insisted that Moonshine come, too. He's under the impression it will be character building for him!"
"Character building?" Connor exclaimed. "Are you sure that Barbarro isn't secretly hoping a Vampirate will do us all a favor and finish him off?"
Bart laughed.
- Justin Somper
They got all the size over there, and the teams are really good, so, I think night after night you're just going to have to be ready to lace them up and be ready to play. The teams out there are really good.
- Latrell Sprewell
When I was put in a situation where I'm going there, you have to look at the team and the possibility that hey, we can probably do some good things over there.
- Latrell Sprewell
The team has come along slow but fast.
- Casey Stengel
I never really hated any particular sport but out of all the sports, I used to prefer the team games to running and sprinting and those types of things.
- Rachel Stevens
I'm not going away. I'll still be very much involved in the team but not with the same number of hours. I need to move over and allow the people who are really doing the job the space to do so.
- Jackie Stewart
I went over before the British Open and played Valderrama thinking that I might make the team, might be a captain's pick. I made the effort to go over there.
- Payne Stewart
I was gonna throw the first pitch at a Mets game, but there was a rain delay. So I'm waiting for it to stop, and the team's manager, Willie Randolph, comes by. Now he's already intimidating to begin with. But he comes over to me and says, 'If you screw this up, they will boo you.' And I said 'Thanks.'
- Julia Stiles
Comments
Post a Comment