Poetry is ordinary language raised to the Nth power. Poetry is boned with ideas, nerved and blooded with emotions, all held together by the delicate, tough skin of words.
- Paul Engle
I think women don't grow up with the harsh world of criticism that men grow up with, we are more sensitively treated, and when you first experience the world of film-making you have to develop a very tough skin.
- Jane Campion
I had been gullible, naive, soft, pliable. That's why I got taken advantage of. To survive, you have to have a tough skin.
- Tia Carrere
I will use this sharp pain to penetrate my daughter's tough skin and cut her tiger spirit loose. She will fight me, because this is the nature of two tigers. But I will win and give her my spirit, because this is the way a mother loves her daughter.
- Amy Tan
- Paul Engle
I think women don't grow up with the harsh world of criticism that men grow up with, we are more sensitively treated, and when you first experience the world of film-making you have to develop a very tough skin.
- Jane Campion
I had been gullible, naive, soft, pliable. That's why I got taken advantage of. To survive, you have to have a tough skin.
- Tia Carrere
I will use this sharp pain to penetrate my daughter's tough skin and cut her tiger spirit loose. She will fight me, because this is the nature of two tigers. But I will win and give her my spirit, because this is the way a mother loves her daughter.
- Amy Tan
Comments
Post a Comment